AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-24, 15:41   Link #1881
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Out of curiosity, how many pages were devoted to the incestuous dental cleanliness
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 16:59   Link #1882
Shikijin

About 20 pages. But that part was dragged a lot. Nisio wanted to have 80 pages of Karen.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 17:40   Link #1883
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
I've read all Nadeko Snake and I rewatched the anime. I was surprised to see it was a little less faithful then Nisemonogatari.

-They cut most of the initial part with Kanbaru, from Kanbaru calling it a date (Kanbaru basically stole Araragi's first date from Senjougahara), Kanbaru insinuating she would mind if Araragi got frisky with her in the wild, Kanbaru being asked from Araragi to change the way she calls him and then she came out with "Ragi", "Ragiko", "Koyomi" and in the end back as before, and much more, among which the "can I strip" gag.
-Araragi told Kanbaru to wear long sleeves and long pants because they were going on a mountain, Kanbaru in itself did as she was told, but arrived with torn jeans and a shirt that exposed her midriff. Araragi told her to at least button up her outerwear.
-The Serpentarius was referenced. It seems Kanbaru has some notions of astronomy (possibly from Senjougahara).
-While Araragi said Kanbaru's granny helped her making the lunch, it was more like the reverse, with Kanbaru even failing to be of help.
-Hanekawa chose some reference books for Araragi, but they were too expensive and Araragi noted he only had 10000 yen in his purse. Hanekawa then chose other books with cost as a criterion, and he ended up with a pile of books that precisely costed 10000 yen.
-Hanekawa said she got those headache because she had been busy and slacked off with her study.
-Kanbaru boasted being able to hit on a younger girl in less than 10 seconds.
-Araragi send Kanbaru to the convenience store buying the things they needed for the exorcism. Kanbaru had no money on her, so he'd pay for everything. It turned out Kanbaru had no money but she was carrying a school swimsuit.
-Oshino said that, unlike the others, Sengoku was a genuine victim.
-Oshino explained more about the Jagirinawa. He said snakes crush the bones of their prey to swallow them whole. When the curse is complete, the Jagirinawa's head enters through the mouth of its victim. It was meant to look like that.
-Araragi and Kanbaru revealed to Sengoku their kaii. Araragi hasn't told anything to Hanekawa about the crab, the snail and the monkey, and Hanekawa forgot about the cat.
-While facing the snake, Araragi saw himself as having defensive power whereas Kanbaru had offensive power. Mentally he was still trying to find a way to win.
-Talking with Tsukihi, he remembered he called Sengoku "Sen-chan". At the time it was almost a chore for him to play with his sisters' friends.
-It was explained briefly that after the exorcism it was late so the three splept together at the ruined cram school.
-Araragi doesn't know which person the snake returned to, whether the boy or the girl. Ultimately for him and for Sengoku it was "unnecessary" to know. "Unnecessary" as a word is written with snake + foot. This was the punchline of the story.

-All the flashbacks Sengoku had of her childhood were anime original. It should have been easy to imagine since the story is told from the point of view of Araragi. If anything, Sengoku fell for Araragi not because he repaired her bike, but because of his comebacks. She is shown to laugh at those several times.
-I think that while the lines were the same, having Sengoku speak so much somehow changed the impression. Araragi presented her as a new kind of character, the silent one (Shinobu -> haughty. Oshino -> sarcasm. Hanekawa -> sermon. Senjougahara -> abusive. Hachikuji -> polite rudeness. Kanbaru -> flattery). He noted that even Shinobu had become like that recentely though.

-In Nadeko Snake Sengoku was wearing her hat over her eyes and looking downward, but IIRC only in the first part of Tsubasa Cat it was mentioned her bangs cover her eyes.

EDIT: it is mentioned here vampires are weak to poison, that's one of the reason Araragi was having troubles with the snake.
Yeah, I remember it being mentioned that Nadeko's bangs covered her eyes, but when I actually saw her character design, it didn't look like her bangs covered her eyes at all.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 01:00   Link #1884
leorodri100

FUU now i can't sleep in a way i'm damn relieved to know that there really will be a toothbrush in the other hand NOW I CAN'T WAIT NOR SLEEP

Last edited by leorodri100; 2012-02-25 at 01:21.
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 09:35   Link #1885
larethian

news flash: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vie...rt=105#p141016
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 09:42   Link #1886
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Beat me to it...

Yup. Not going to be as fast as Index translation, but you guys will have a constant translator working on this series.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 10:19   Link #1887
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Beat me to it...

Yup. Not going to be as fast as Index translation, but you guys will have a constant translator working on this series.
Well, that's because he's working on Kurenai, Oreimo, and Heavy Object as well.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 10:39   Link #1888
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Well, that's because he's working on Kurenai, Oreimo, and Heavy Object as well.
Don't forget NEEDLESS...

Okay, BOT. Updates for Mayoi Snail...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 13:56   Link #1889
Shikijin

I wanted to read Nadeko Snake because I felt the story in the anime was a bit poor. I read Tsubasa Cat to see if the story was better explained. Between subs not always correct and the many text flashes, reading the original text made things more clear for me.
Spoiler for length:
I think the date chapter as a whole is probably the best thing Nisio ever written, and certainly the most romantic. But damn, Hanekawa getting NTRed was really heartwrenching

Last edited by Shikijin; 2012-03-05 at 11:52.
Old 2012-02-25, 21:45   Link #1890
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Beat me to it...

Is this...real?

Our prayers have been answered.
Old 2012-02-26, 00:30   Link #1891
Romanticide

Is Kissshot's human life ever mentioned besides the bit in Kizu?
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 04:00   Link #1892
Westlo
Lets be reality

I was reading Andrew C's review of Nise 2 from back in 09 again...

http://theeasternstandard.blogspot.c...nisioisin.html

My question is.. after dat toothbrush scene... can someone expand on this.

Quote:
Add into that an uncomfortably eroticized scene where he brushes his sister's teeth, a scene far too disturbing to feel at home in a frothy thing like this, and something he's already done successfully in a different series
I'm guessing he's referring to something in Zaregoto? Anyone know and can give out the juicy details?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:06   Link #1893
Shikijin

I have read Zaregoto up to half of the 8th book and there is a lot of sekuhara, but nothing like the toothbrush scene so far. I think it's the Sekai series, according to wikipedia the main character dotes on his sister.
Old 2012-02-27, 03:47   Link #1894
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Now that the toothbrush scene is here and gone let's do a count of how many incest scenes are left in Nise. Big or small.

-Karen carrying Araragi on her shoulders
-Araragi tying Tsukihi up and molesting her
-Araragi grabs Karen's breast before he heads into battle

Huh, they just aren't on the same level as the toothbrush.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 06:14   Link #1895
Palom

The more I look into the reviews and summaries, the less hopeful I am for a happy end for someone.

Spoiler for Otori/Koi... yeah, you guessed it...:
Palom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 07:24   Link #1896
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palom View Post
The more I look into the reviews and summaries, the less hopeful I am for a happy end for someone.

Spoiler for Otori/Koi... yeah, you guessed it...:
I believe that the story is definitely trying to tell us that there is still hope for Nadeko. Kaiki convinced her to grasp her humanity again and that she has something more than just her cute exterior.

That was the whole problem for Nadeko. EVERYONE treated her as if she was useless other than putting on a cute look. This sorta messed up her mind. Kaiki showed her that she had something else in her life that is important.

I think Nadeko is going to do just fine.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 14:19   Link #1897
Palom

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I believe that the story is definitely trying to tell us that there is still hope for Nadeko. Kaiki convinced her to grasp her humanity again and that she has something more than just her cute exterior.

That was the whole problem for Nadeko. EVERYONE treated her as if she was useless other than putting on a cute look. This sorta messed up her mind. Kaiki showed her that she had something else in her life that is important.

I think Nadeko is going to do just fine.
Hygiene-sama, arigatou! I've read that Kaiki did some convincing, but I didn't know what he said. Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, being a moe-blob and nothing else, that is a devastating thought. She certainly deserved better. Huh. Now that I think about it, it makes sense given her original lack of development. Kana did good requesting a villainous role. Nisio (that's the spelling, right?) also made a good call in bringing forth Dark Nadeko.

Whew, it's been a hard month, but now that that's settled, I think I'll get into the Multimonogatari series for reals. I might start with the infamous episode 8 once non-members (me) can watch it.

Last edited by Palom; 2012-02-27 at 23:16.
Palom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 17:48   Link #1898
leorodri100

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Now that the toothbrush scene is here and gone let's do a count of how many incest scenes are left in Nise. Big or small.

-Karen carrying Araragi on her shoulders
-Araragi tying Tsukihi up and molesting her
-Araragi grabs Karen's breast before he heads into battle

Huh, they just aren't on the same level as the toothbrush.
still they sound pretty good to watch.
karen carring araragi...lol
does he grabs the breast when he is going to fight against ononoki and kagenui?

EDIT-

damn, man... if we go by your predictions, ominon the fight with kagenui and ononoki will most likely be the OVA

btw the pre-release images for episode 9 are out!! http://seventhstyle.com/2012/03/02/n...elease-images/

Last edited by leorodri100; 2012-03-03 at 00:54.
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 13:08   Link #1899
taichi-kun

shikijin, I read your post of tsubasa cat ...and I have one question :
Hitagi was helping with the 3rd year school festival because hanekawa was in trouble ? is like hitagi replaced her for a while ?
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 14:13   Link #1900
Shikijin

Ah, I think I forgot to mention that. Yes, Hanekawa forced Senjougahara to help because she had been skipping such activities before with the excuse of the illness (I don't remember if the anime mentioned that, anyway she told people she had an illness because she couldn't talk of the crab).

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance