AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-04-09, 14:34   Link #41
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dKiWi View Post
I need to clarify, is Shakugan no Shana Seinen or Shounen? I can sense that its Shounen myself, but the wikipedia entry states that it is Seinen.
Then someone should correct that entry.

Let me say this one more time, this time I'll go a little more with explanation:

MediaWorks started a lablel for boys* in 1993, this label is titled Dengeki Bunko, and whats published under this label are light novels, hence its a shounen muke light novel label, meaning: a light novel label for boys.

Every month lots of light novels are published by MediaWorks under the Dengeki Bunko label, all of these light novels are aimed at boys.

Anything published under the Dengeki Bunko label is aimed at boys, be it fantasy light novel, action light novel, romance light novel, comedy light novel, or whatever.

Shakugan no SHANA was published under the Dengeki Bunko label, hence its a shounen light novel (a light novel for boys).

Here are a list (as small as it is right now) of shounen light novels that got published under the shounen label Dengeki Bunko:
http://comipedia.com/light-novel-label/dengeki-bunko

Be it: Inukami!, Kino no Tabi, Shinigami no Ballad, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, ... these are light novels published under the Dengeki Bunko label and aimed at boys.

==========

How do I know if its a light novel for boys from MediaWorks ???

Well, you check the cover of the light novel, and if it has the Dengeki Bunko label on it, then its a light novel for boys thats published by MediaWorks.

For example, lets look at the first light novel of Shakugan no SHANA: here in this link.

Do you see whats on the right corner of the cover?

This:

= Dengeki Bunko

Yes the above is the Dengeki Bunko label, and so this light novel is a shounen light novel (a light novel for boys).

==========

What about light novels for females? Shoujo light novels? well there are female oriented light novels, but these light novels are published under labels for females. Dengeki Bunko is not a label for females, anything published under the Dengeki Bunko label, whatever it is, is aimed at males (more accurately: aimed at boys).

MediaWorks: the publisher of the Dengeki Bunko label.

* for boys = aimed at boys.
Old 2007-04-10, 22:06   Link #42
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
A big thanks for the informative answer and I accepted everything except... I thought Shinigami no Ballad was Seinen. I admit I never really got into the series, but from what I know about it its definitely not something that's "for boys" per se.
dKiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 01:31   Link #43
NeoSam

Quote:
A big thanks for the informative answer and I accepted everything except... I thought Shinigami no Ballad was Seinen. I admit I never really got into the series, but from what I know about it its definitely not something that's "for boys" per se.
Its the same with some manga titles serialized in shounen magazines, for example Death Note, some prefer to call it seinen(young men's) manga just becuase it has adult themes, but still if you want to go by the publisher definition, Death Note is a shounen manga since the publisher published it in a shounen(boy's) manga magazine.

The japanese wiki is listing Shinigami no Ballad anime as "shounen muke anime" = anime for boys. why ? becuase the light novel is published under the Dengeki Bunko label which is a shounen label according to the publisher.
Old 2007-04-11, 02:01   Link #44
DenisKoh

Does anyone else feel that Sakai Yuji is absolutely crap in the novel? A whiner in almost every instance. He was protrayed so much better in the anime, showing glimpse of guts.
DenisKoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 11:24   Link #45
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Its the same with some manga titles serialized in shounen magazines, for example Death Note, some prefer to call it seinen(young men's) manga just becuase it has adult themes, but still if you want to go by the publisher definition, Death Note is a shounen manga since the publisher published it in a shounen(boy's) manga magazine.

The japanese wiki is listing Shinigami no Ballad anime as "shounen muke anime" = anime for boys. why ? becuase the light novel is published under the Dengeki Bunko label which is a shounen label according to the publisher.
Lol Death Note is so screaming SHOUNEN with its good-looking/intelligent/talented male protogonist plus almost mirror image antagonist, people boys can look up to. I enjoy death note for its intelligent plot, but not as much as I would if I was younger.

Well.. I'm buying the Shinigami no Ballad light novels when Seven Seas publishes them. Hopefully they'll be more Seinen than Shounen.
dKiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 06:55   Link #46
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

6487x4094, 3.8 MB

6406x4068, 3.5 MB

6255x4000, 1.5 MB

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 23:38   Link #47
piku
Wilhelmina Carmel my love

Send a message via MSN to piku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post

6487x4094, 3.8 MB

6406x4068, 3.5 MB

6255x4000, 1.5 MB

oh you are so nice...
Old 2007-04-15, 02:34   Link #48
cyth
Banned

Quote:
The thing is, lots of these anime are produced for hardcore audiences only, thus they air at very late hours, usually after midnight, which implies that the target audiences for those anime are a bit older. The anime's target audience for titles such as Shakugan no Shana usually *is* the seinen crowd, young men, excluding younger audiences with their late night program time slots. It doesn't matter if the original publishing label is shounen or seinen because primary spenders are going to be young males.
What I think NeoSam has tried to elaborate on these boards a few times already is that no matter what time the title airs, or what spending market is actually behind it, or what the fans think () anime that were originally stories published under certain publishing labels will always be labeled after their orientation, be them seinen, shounen, shoujo, josei labels etc. Why? Because that's just the way it is. The audience tag of a title certainly doesn't mean that a lot of elementary school kids actually watch the said title, if anyone is worried about that. Different audience tags are just very useful when it comes to vast publishing markets, because they catalogue the market to basic groups, and consumers don't need to spend too much time finding new titles to enjoy this way.

Last edited by cyth; 2007-04-15 at 04:15.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 08:23   Link #49
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
The thing is, lots of these anime are produced for hardcore audiences only, thus they air at very late hours, usually after midnight, which implies that the target audiences for those anime are a bit older. The anime's target audience for titles such as Shakugan no Shana usually *is* the seinen crowd, young men, excluding younger audiences with their late night program time slots. It doesn't matter if the original publishing label is shounen or seinen because primary spenders are going to be young males.
Yeah exactly.

Zero no Tsukaima anime was also broadcasted late at night and aimed at the seinen crowd, but the light novel was published under the MF Bunko J label which is a label aimed at boys (shounen label).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
What I think NeoSam has tried to elaborate on these boards a few times already is that no matter what time the title airs, or what spending market is actually behind it, or what the fans think () anime that were originally stories published under certain publishing labels will always be labeled after their orientation, be them seinen, shounen, shoujo, josei labels etc. Why? Because that's just the way it is. The audience tag of a title certainly doesn't mean that a lot of elementary school kids actually watch the said title, if anyone is worried about that. Different audience tags are just very useful when it comes to vast publishing markets, because they catalogue the market to basic groups, and consumers don't need to spend too much time finding new titles to enjoy this way.
Without labels it would be hell >.< you'll end up spending lots of time just to find light novels that might appeal to you, and even after you buy stuff, you might not like what you bought, because they didn't exactly appeal to you.

With these labels that aime at your gender, you can be sure that these light novels are made to appeal to you, you don't have to suffer financially nor lose time looking for stuff you might or might not like.

Here's a list of light novel labels and their target audience: (seijin -> for adult males)
http://comipedia.com/list/light-novel-label

Anyway, I still haven't shown any excitement towards the second season of Shakugan no SHANA anime, damn it, start already I can't wait that long >.<

Last edited by NeoSam; 2007-04-15 at 14:20. Reason: >.<
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 16:23   Link #50
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Just wondering but will this end up as pre-licensed? Since seeing the first season is already licensed.
Old 2007-04-15, 17:42   Link #51
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Just wondering but will this end up as pre-licensed? Since seeing the first season is already licensed.
It probably already is licensed, just not announced yet. Anyway... *rubs his R2 DVDs*
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 23:42   Link #52
-Shana-

I just joined this site hoping to learn about the Novels and Manga because I have never seen them. One day a friend told me about this anime and after the first episode it became my favorite anime. I watched all 24 episodes in the span of 2 days and was looking for something alike Shana and stumbled across Zero no Tsukaima(which I also like). After I finished watching that, I was somewhat sad that only a movie was coming out for Shana and wrote an email to Takashi Watanabe asking him to continue(I typed in english and japanese with help from babel fish lol). And then a few weeks later another series was announced. I'm so glad.

Now I'm wondering is it agaisnt this forum's rules to ask for the novel and manga links? If so sorry! But I would appreciate it.
-Shana- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 17:24   Link #53
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Shana-
Now I'm wondering is it agaisnt this forum's rules to ask for the novel and manga links? If so sorry! But I would appreciate it.
I think forum rule 1.1 should help you out but I will answer your question here. Yes...it is against the rules since both Shana manga + anime is already licensed. So far, vol 1 of Shana has been released.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 04:19   Link #54
Wandy
Starlight StarBright~
*Fansubber

banzai~

Rie Kugimiya is busy this year from all the shows she's doing~
Wandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 03:58   Link #55
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
can't wait for it to be out sooner or later...
been waiting for the movie now the second season ^^;
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 11:06   Link #56
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I'm waiting for a better plot. I didn't find much interest in the first season. Hope SS does it better. Will be waiting to critique this anime too ^_^.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 14:28   Link #57
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well well though im late to say but great news heres hope that hecate can jump into the harem pool and maybe even freeload at Yuuji's place

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 00:33   Link #58
drakenblader
Assassin

I can't wait for season 2 lol I hope this information is true because I have no where else to rely on lol.

^_^
drakenblader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 00:44   Link #59
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakenblader View Post
I can't wait for season 2 lol I hope this information is true because I have no where else to rely on lol.

^_^
hope? better go back to page 1 and click on the official site page because that is another source you can rely on. It is confirmed that there will be a season 2. From the chinese characters, i can make out is somewhere this fall, just take the *fall 2007* as a grain of salt, you'll never know if it will be delay or not.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 02:20   Link #60
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well well though im late to say but great news heres hope that hecate can jump into the harem pool and maybe even freeload at Yuuji's place
lol i agree we need to see more of hectate...
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural