AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-30, 12:30   Link #41
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
I'm willing to comprimise and say that both Shiho and Tate were too blame she for having set her hopes too high and he for never bringing her down to earth.
In a sense, even Mai was partially to be blamed for not setting the thing straight as well. If I had been in her shoes, I'd have tried to make all three of us to sit down and set the record straight for once from the start.
Old 2007-03-31, 08:39   Link #42
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

This is part of what makes HiME really good in that you can't just blame one person for something - others were involved and also added to the problem in their own way.
Old 2007-04-19, 00:45   Link #43
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Shiho and Tate are okay. Tate truly likes Mai, but Shiho gets in his way. Mai however likes Raito but then Mikoto likes Mai. Tate doesnt want to hurt Shiho however Mai doesnt want to hurt Tate. So nothing wrong.

Whats wrong is Sergei Wang, being the king of perverts who fall in love with his adopted daughter. This guy is a sick idiot, Nagi should have finished him off.

M.I.P, i plainly state, that your reasoning is unconvincing therefore i disagree.
LOL. Tate just likes Mai's boobs is all . Well, I don't really give a crap about either one of them unless the episode time is wasted consisting of either of them moping like emo kids. Then I get pissed at Mai and Tate centric stuff. Other characters need screen time too!

Serugei doesn't have any luck with women his own age so this is what he's been reduced too. XD XD

SPOILER!!! (For Mai Otome)

I couldn't agree more with you about the Serugei part. Except he fell in love with Arika if you remember. But Nina was overly possessive of him and it all went downhill when it was found out that he'd been financially supporting Arika for the school.
Old 2007-05-08, 20:27   Link #44
mell_avery

i totally agree with Tempest35

you guys are saying that tate should have told shiho that he didn't like her, but even if he had i don't think she would stop chasing him/trying to make him love her, i think she always knew tate liked mai, that's why she asked mai not to take away her onii-chan, she knew it all the way

she was obsessed with tate at the point she would still be with him knowing he doesn't like her, that's why she "accepted him" when she got injured, she kind of realized that was the only way she could have him by his side, because he felt giulty for leaving her behind, even if she didn't notice it before she must have realized tate liked mai when he left her alone, he was trying to "pay her back" for all the support she gave him when he was in junior high, and also he felt guilty, it's not like he wanted to give her hopes,

shiho asked him to kiss her after she noticed that mai was near, ofcourse she did that hoping mai could see them, i know no matter how tate felt he should have never done that because after all he didnt like her, i only blame him for this, when the kiss ended tate noticed mai's presence and i cant clearly remeber what happened next, the thing is shiho made this to make mai feel sad, to get a kiss from tate, make mai know that she had "won" , and she thought this was like the ultimate proof that tate would stay with her

shiho asked tate to see her as a woman and that she had already grew up (this was in the episode when mai had a date with reito) i'm not sure if he was going to kiss her (i need to watch mai hime again x_x ) but then they heard mai and reito aproaching, when mai and reito were getting close to each other shiho noticed that tate was some how suffering and jusf before mai and reito kissed he yelled "tokiha!" then reito asked him if he concerned about mai's feeling but tate didnt answer because he cas confused about his feelings, not because he was thinking of shiho, he has been always confused about what he feels for mai since the beginning, which is normal, their friendship/relationship however you wanna call it, was the "i bother you-you bother me" kind of relationship that you try to deny as much as possible that you have feelings for the other person, but i mean for tate stoping mai from kissing reito? isnt it obvius that he likes her?

my point is that shiho always knew tate liked mai, but she was too obsessed with him to acept it, and she would make/take/manipulate any situation/advantage that she could use to have him by her side, which is sick, it's kind of the obssesion shizuru had with natsuki in mai hime, that if natsuki wasnt hers, she would be with nobody else, and took advantage when she was unconscious to "sleep" with her

(sorry for my spelling and grammar mistakes, it's been a long time since the last time i wrote in english like this)
Old 2007-05-09, 20:39   Link #45
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mell_avery View Post
i totally agree with Tempest35

you guys are saying that tate should have told shiho that he didn't like her, but even if he had i don't think she would stop chasing him/trying to make him love her, i think she always knew tate liked mai, that's why she asked mai not to take away her onii-chan, she knew it all the way

she was obsessed with tate at the point she would still be with him knowing he doesn't like her, that's why she "accepted him" when she got injured, she kind of realized that was the only way she could have him by his side, because he felt giulty for leaving her behind, even if she didn't notice it before she must have realized tate liked mai when he left her alone, he was trying to "pay her back" for all the support she gave him when he was in junior high, and also he felt guilty, it's not like he wanted to give her hopes,

shiho asked him to kiss her after she noticed that mai was near, ofcourse she did that hoping mai could see them, i know no matter how tate felt he should have never done that because after all he didnt like her, i only blame him for this, when the kiss ended tate noticed mai's presence and i cant clearly remeber what happened next, the thing is shiho made this to make mai feel sad, to get a kiss from tate, make mai know that she had "won" , and she thought this was like the ultimate proof that tate would stay with her

shiho asked tate to see her as a woman and that she had already grew up (this was in the episode when mai had a date with reito) i'm not sure if he was going to kiss her (i need to watch mai hime again x_x ) but then they heard mai and reito aproaching, when mai and reito were getting close to each other shiho noticed that tate was some how suffering and jusf before mai and reito kissed he yelled "tokiha!" then reito asked him if he concerned about mai's feeling but tate didnt answer because he cas confused about his feelings, not because he was thinking of shiho, he has been always confused about what he feels for mai since the beginning, which is normal, their friendship/relationship however you wanna call it, was the "i bother you-you bother me" kind of relationship that you try to deny as much as possible that you have feelings for the other person, but i mean for tate stoping mai from kissing reito? isnt it obvius that he likes her?

my point is that shiho always knew tate liked mai, but she was too obsessed with him to acept it, and she would make/take/manipulate any situation/advantage that she could use to have him by her side, which is sick, it's kind of the obssesion shizuru had with natsuki in mai hime, that if natsuki wasnt hers, she would be with nobody else, and took advantage when she was unconscious to "sleep" with her

(sorry for my spelling and grammar mistakes, it's been a long time since the last time i wrote in english like this)
I agree with you on that
Old 2007-05-10, 14:52   Link #46
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mell_avery View Post
<message shorted>
And to think I completely forgot Shiho's reaction to that entire little debacle by screaming not at Yuuichi, but at MAI of all people. Mai didn't stop the oncoming kiss by saying that she wanted Yuuichi instead - Yuuichi was the one who broke the moment between Mai and Reito. If anything, Shiho should have yelled and screamed at Yuuichi, right?

Sucky thing about Yuuichi right then was that after he yelled for them to stop, he had the most hagdog expression I've seen on a male in a long time. Like he was sorry that he broke up something that involved Mai, but at the same time, he didn't want her to kiss Reito. He probably hesitated because he still wasn't sure how Mai felt about him...he didn't take the risk of looking like a fool. Poor guy...would have solved so much right then and there if he had.

I have to say, Shiho really knows how to single out people and focus only on them. She'd make a terrifyingly effective parole officer.
Old 2007-05-16, 18:18   Link #47
tsaieric

Send a message via Yahoo to tsaieric
This is my personal opinion,
Tate's personality trait is not really a jerk. He is more like a coward, who is afraid to hurt anyone. It is a typical Asian mindset. Oh and by the way, since Mai-Hime is a Japanese animation, let's take Japanese culture into account here.
Old 2007-05-23, 11:32   Link #48
Fukiri
Lazy ass

Send a message via MSN to Fukiri
I don't think we need to bring the "culture" factor here. Even if it is a typical Asian mindset he didn't act as he should. Nor he, nor Shiho, nor Mai imo.

Yes he interrupted the kissing scene between Mai and Reito but if I recall correctly Mai acted all awkwardly too, like she was ashamed to be caught by Tate. Even if she's one of my favourite characters, I blame her too. She could have said something too then again, if she acted like that it meant that she also felt something for Tate. So my conclusion is: those two aren't that bright when talking about relationships.

But, yeah Shiho is the worst of them. She was, most likely, the first one to understand what was going on and she did what she did.
Old 2007-05-25, 14:07   Link #49
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Shiho is the most annoying anime character I've seen in quite a while. She's so possesive...clingly, and repeats herself all the time more than necessary. But even MAI'S not that bad...just Mai's extremly whiney. In fact, they have a little more in common than I originally thought myself, come to think of it. I've said this before and I'll say it again...I LOVE the way they made her the comic relief in Mai Otome. Annoying and creepy, Shiho on a high.

Very disturbing comic relief....
Closed Thread