AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-09-21, 13:11   Link #41
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
Given the chance, definitely Archer from Fate/Stay night. His clothing is definitely a great highlight plus, the dual dagger concept got me.
Old 2010-09-21, 14:23   Link #42
Metropolisforever

The Overfiend.

Because I look exactly like him. ^_^
Old 2010-09-21, 16:25   Link #43
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Speaking of cosplay, I have a question for the cosplayers here:

Do you think you need to "pull it off" for a certain character before you cosplay or you should just cosplay whoever you like?

I have a female friend who like to cosplay. She is not ugly by any means, but she is short and slightly chubby. She cosplays as Belldandy (from Ah My Goddess). Although her costume is really well made, I can't help but think she is not suitable for belldandy. Instead I think she would be really good cosplaying as Skuld.
Well I think I'd rather "pull it off" for a certain character. I'd rather not cosplay as I like because it wouldn't fit the character since I look nothing like them
If you're going to cosplay at least do it as a character you look like (My opinion for myself not others)
but then wouldn't it be boring if it was that way? I kinda think that it would...
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 23:09   Link #44
aruchan

I wanted to cosplay as the Ouran/Tamaki version of the Mad Hatter in Haruhi in Wonderland, but unfortunately things didn't pan out. Maybe next time.
Old 2010-09-22, 00:46   Link #45
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Sousuke Aizen. I look nothing like him, but my friend got me the 5th squad cosplay haori + accoutrements (plus a brown wig), and I wear square-ish glasses anyway. Good times at anime club, that's for sure.
Old 2010-09-22, 00:51   Link #46
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I deeply believe people should stick to form and body type when cosplaying... so my choices are pretty limited.
I could play a senior "salamander" from Aria... perhaps an older Van Helsing... or Seiji Mido, the powerful pony-tailed white-haired psychic from Tsukuyomi Moon Phase.

I'd really *like* to play the character Gil Graham from the Nanoha A series, but I'd need two young lasses to play his familiars, the cat girl twins -Alia and Lotte Liese. Almost had two of my son's friends talked into it before they decided to do Soul Eater cosplay, blast it.
Old 2010-09-22, 14:10   Link #47
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

For a while I was thinking of going along with my girlfriend's suggestion that I crossdress as Hitagi Senjougahara, but I don't think I have the nerve for it. Or the legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'd really *like* to play the character Gil Graham from the Nanoha A series, but I'd need two young lasses to play his familiars, the cat girl twins -Alia and Lotte Liese. Almost had two of my son's friends talked into it before they decided to do Soul Eater cosplay, blast it.
I know a pair of twin girls who do some awesome cosplays at my local con, but I don't think they make it as far south as Portland in their yearly con circuit. And they're 17. So yeah.

Also, your mention of Moon Phase makes me wonder if I could ever talk my girlfriend into cosplay Hazuki. My guess is no.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 15:05   Link #48
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Also, your mention of Moon Phase makes me wonder if I could ever talk my girlfriend into cosplay Hazuki. My guess is no.
Possibly if you played Kouhei (in action monk garb).
Old 2010-09-22, 18:42   Link #49
Qikz

I really, really want to go to an anime convention cosplaying as like, the most obvious blatent otaku stereotype possible, or just Yamada from Densha Otoko kitted out in his full Otaku gear from the first episode. I reckon it could be a laugh really.

Only image I could find, but it's him in a suit. That's of course, if J-Drama characters still count.

If not, anime character wise I'd love to cosplay as Kyon, because he's a pretty cool character.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 23:51   Link #50
Amutox89
~ the odd one ~

I've been planning cosplaying Edward Elric. Yes, I am aware he is a guy and I am a girl, but who cares xP I'm still gonna do it. He's probably my favorite character in all of anime ever, so that's why I want to do it.

I also plan on cosplaying Yuki Cross from Vampire Knight because I fell in love with the day class uniform from the moment I saw it and decided that someday, I would wear it lol and Amulet Spade, my favorite character transformation from Shugo Chara because two words - giant paintbrush. It might be a little weird that I want to cosplay that just so I can wield the awesome prop, but that's me. I do odd things for simple reasons

If ever given the chance, I would totally go all-out Sailor Moon. I know that's terrible, but come on, she was my biggest childhood hero, so yeah xD

This year at AMKE I went as Lucy from Elfen Lied. That's it
Old 2012-06-30, 11:08   Link #51
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

just for the heck of it I would cosplay as dante from devil may cry or hei from darker than black. I would want my gf to dress as rias gremory,morrigan aensland,golden darkness.I always had a thing for demon characters or characters dressed in black
Old 2012-06-30, 11:21   Link #52
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I would love to cosplay as Kyubey because I'm a huge Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan and I really like his character concept in the series. Plus, he's one of favourite anime villains.
Old 2012-06-30, 11:46   Link #53
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Definitely this one...

For Two reasons:

I like samurai costumes.
You could hide your face and no one will recognized you.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 12:27   Link #54
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Realistically speaking, I think I’m gonna go as Nube Sensei from Jigoku Sensei Nube. Why?:
  1. It’s cool without being over-the-top (like Seto Kaiba’s outfit, for example).
  2. It’s easy and practical. I just need a suit and a demon hand that I can make myself. If I’m just too lazy I could replace the demon hand with black glove instead like in the manga/anime.
  3. I kinda look the part, but without thick eyebrows .
Old 2012-06-30, 13:19   Link #55
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Being African-American and chubby means there probably aren't any characters that "suit" me. If there are, I prob don't like them. maijin buu would be easy though(no one is pink) and I pretend to be oblivious and childish most of time anyway (to hide my true genius)

One black character I used to say i wanted to cosplay was Tousen(Bleach) but due to recent developments... i don't think i want to anymore.

I would also love to cosplay as Dr. Stein (Soul Eater) love eccentric scientist characters.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 13:24   Link #56
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

i'd like to cosplay as Allen Walker from D.Gray Man, and one change i'd like to make is that i'll go with my normal hair color rather than the silver hair
because i like the steampunk style
Old 2012-06-30, 22:18   Link #57
maso

I've always been a fan of self-made costumes but because I'm a terrible tailor I've considered easier costumes like : Misa (Deathnote) or Haruhi (Melancholy of Haruhi).

If Tailoring wasn't an issue I'd love to cosplay as a Black Mage.
maso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 01:39   Link #58
MasatoMomota
♱ ĄήĨɱҾ Ҳ Ғдл ♱

Send a message via AIM to MasatoMomota
I would cosplay as Eri from School rumble, Haruh, or Sakura/Hinata from Naruto..

Sadly that won't happen cuz I'm a guy.. so I think my best option would be to cosplay as Choji from Naruto cuz we both are(Do I dare to say it?) fat.

I would cosplay as Orochimaru if I could cuz I love orochimaru and seems he freaks people out. haha I do enjoy freaking people out.
Old 2012-07-01, 01:43   Link #59
Sakanaka Shouko

I'd cosplay as Inaba Himeko from Kokoro Connect.
I really look like her and I'm also her fan. ^_^
Old 2012-07-01, 01:56   Link #60
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

L from death note .

Because he is so awesome .