Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-11-04, 01:14   Link #381
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
i started by watching the anime, until the story stopped around 264 or something like that .. from there i couldn't wait for the rest period of the anime so i read the manga .. that was one of the reason ...

the other one was because my friend's friend created unbelieveable story that can't be true and i got sick from hearing his lies so i read the manga

and now i am planing on reading the manga from the first chapter .. i already started though
that's exactly the same reason i started reading manga athough i got up to episode 220 :P Anyways i have a few questions but i dont know how to put spoiler tags so i'll use white font.

Spoiler:
when Aokiji freezes Robin and the SH crew rush her back to the ship to defreeze her, and chopper does his stuff. I notice that they went into the bathroom of the ship and it was there in the background that i saw a shower hose and bathtub. I don't know much about plumbing but how could a ship have a shower in it that generates water when in the Skypiea arc they were so amazed by the dials that could generate fire, water and whatnot?

Also could someone tell me how to do spoiler tags?
Rageaholic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 02:04   Link #382
matsuno

you use "spoiler" replacing the " with [ and ]. end with "/spoiler"

Also, your spoiler isnt one, unless people are only watching the more known for qualityu group. If its been aired (even raw) its not a spoiler.

So, to address your question, its actually a very old thing to do, that is to have ways to collect rain when it does fall (usually collected into a barrel somewhere) and the shower part would be a gravity fed hose connected to the water supply. Though you would be right in thinking that showers would not be the common on a ship since they are a drain on precious water. More natural to consider sponge bath style bathing.
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 02:38   Link #383
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love waffles!
Is it true that Sanji's dad/teacher eats his leg in the manga and if so in what chapter?
Yep, it's true. I'm not sure what the chapter is, sometime between 57-60 I think.

@Rageaholic01

About showers, I seem to recall a time when Nami wanted to take a shower and the crewmembers had to peddle on a bike to pump the water for the shower or something.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 02:39   Link #384
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

oh i see
thanks matsuno and Chuixupu
Rageaholic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 03:04   Link #385
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu View Post
Yep, it's true. I'm not sure what the chapter is, sometime between 57-60 I think.

@Rageaholic01

About showers, I seem to recall a time when Nami wanted to take a shower and the crewmembers had to peddle on a bike to pump the water for the shower or something.
i think that Ussops water purification machine (for drinking water)... which luffy broke.
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 13:32   Link #386
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Was that what is was? Too long ago to remember. XD
Old 2006-11-04, 18:06   Link #387
S_C_L-1

^ im not quite sure... and we shouldnt assume that i remember anything correctly. i have the memory span of a retarded goldfish
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 11:45   Link #388
Climhazard
Funk Freed

What exactly is 'Romance Dawn'? is it just a small alternate story? (ive only read the first few pages)
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 12:29   Link #389
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
What exactly is 'Romance Dawn'? is it just a small alternate story? (ive only read the first few pages)
if i recall correctly, it's the pilot manga chapter for one piece... kinda like a test before the actual story was laid down... so ya, it is like an alternate story line
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 08:11   Link #390
Climhazard
Funk Freed

How do you get out of the grandline? Is it possible to use reverse mountain again?
Old 2006-11-07, 08:52   Link #391
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
i can think of two ways or maybe three:

1- For marines:
Spoiler:

2- for others:
A- sucide leaving throught calm belt
b- before entering the other side of grandline .. i think if u sail near redline u can leave the grandline.
c- through skys

Quote:
Is it possible to use reverse mountain again?
they can't use the same reverse moutain they used to enter grandline .. but maybe there is another reverse mountain to leave grandline
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 13:43   Link #392
diners13

how many D s

how many D s have we met untill now?? luffy his grandpa his brother the giant that helped robin i dont remember his name. who else ??
diners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 16:55   Link #393
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Gol D. Roger
Monkey D. Luffy
Portgas D. Ace
Marshall D. Teach
Jaguar D. Saul

Spoiler for big spoilers past manga chapter 432:

btw, what were the posts that got deleted about? I don't even remember.
Old 2006-11-08, 07:49   Link #394
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Is it Alabasta or arabasta?
Old 2006-11-08, 14:44   Link #395
Chuixupu
Shikachu

That's a tough one because the manga did spell it Alabasta once, but every other time, continuing on to the log books and everything else, it's spelled Arabasta. 4kids chose to use Alabasta. But then it is based off of the word Alabaster. So I really don't care too much about that one.
Old 2006-11-08, 17:53   Link #396
Climhazard
Funk Freed

In the anime when Robin gives Vivi the the eternal pose it says Alabasta on the side of it yet when the episodes have been subbed they all say Arabasta.
Old 2006-11-08, 22:53   Link #397
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

i read somewhere that it is Arabasta but i do see Alabasta alot in the anime..
Old 2006-11-10, 18:53   Link #398
rahmuss

Mysterious Person

I searched for this question through Google and on a couple different forums; but didn't find an answer, so I apologize if this has already been answered and / or beat to death with no significance; but.....

Does anyone know who that mysterious old man is with the hammer and chest and which episodes (anime) he appears in, and at what time he appears?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you must not have noticed him yet. I've only seen him in three different episodes so far (through 101), though I didn't really notice him for half that time so he could have been on earlier episodes.

If you know who he is and have answers, then I'd like to ask some other questions. Thanks.
rahmuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 10:01   Link #399
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmuss View Post
I searched for this question through Google and on a couple different forums; but didn't find an answer, so I apologize if this has already been answered and / or beat to death with no significance; but.....

Does anyone know who that mysterious old man is with the hammer and chest and which episodes (anime) he appears in, and at what time he appears?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you must not have noticed him yet. I've only seen him in three different episodes so far (through 101), though I didn't really notice him for half that time so he could have been on earlier episodes.

If you know who he is and have answers, then I'd like to ask some other questions. Thanks.
Ive wondered this aswell, he was in the Lougetown arc too just after Sanji met Carmen (sp?) i believe.
Old 2006-11-11, 13:07   Link #400
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I think he's just some random dude that they keep recycling.

Tags
q&a