AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2018-09-15, 21:26   Link #1
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Azur Lane

Since it did not exist and an anime has been announced, might as well make one

Links:
https://twitter.com/AzurLane_EN
https://twitter.com/azurlane_staff

https://www.azurlane.jp/

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 21:27   Link #2
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I personally started this game after reading Asanagi's doujin, BTW
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Of course the game, but I also like the devs' stance. It is especially nice to not see over-favoritism crap and them just suddenly put the spotlight on (somewhat hard to use) non-popular characters.
Hope it stays that way and if they continue to make the game fun and not over-powercreeping moneygrabbing crap, then I will continue to play and pay.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2018-09-15, 22:26   Link #3
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Only started playing when the English version came out. Been enjoying it a lot and started to take more of my time than other games. Have gotten all the rollable SR units so far but it took me getting 5 San Diegos first before getting a Belfast and the rest just followed easily after I stopped building in Light section. Not that hard of a farmer so I'm still overflowing with oil from commissions but my main fleet has heavy cost so it evens out a bit when farming Poi mines. I've made some low cost farming units to use too so there's that. Fox mines have also given me 3 Akagis before I got a Kaga. My shipfu is Rodney and I got her swimsuit as soon as it came out and married her when that got implemented. She's also my highest level unit and max skill too. Just need to get gold equips on her and she'll be perfect. So far I'm switching between farming the PoW event, fox mines and Poi mines as I've gotten 2 Wales and 2 Vampires already from building and there's no need to farm for them now for dupes as I don't plan to use them yet. Saving my cubes right now for future boats. Need to see which ones I want to collect.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 22:34   Link #4
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Lol, belatkuro got the curse of the Sandy Meme.

I'm also a player over at Global, staying at the Lexington (SEA) server. I do agree that the game is pretty time-consuming, expecting players to spend hours farming for a ton of items and farmable ships, but it is rather forgiving with the drops.

My overall plan is to develop a powerful HMS/Royal Navy fleet, and I already have Hood as one of the main ships for that plan. I also have Takao which, as in Arpeggio, is joining against the commander's story antagonists, the Crimson Axis. Sadly, I'm running out of time due to exams... bad timing coz there's an ongoing event!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 23:03   Link #5
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Get Queen Elizabeth for the HMS fleet as she buffs every HMS ship.
And I don't think it's worth to farm the current event that hard unless you want PoW and Vampire drops. Too much nodes to go through to the boss battle and the weapon blueprints you get are for okay weapons only. The gold gun is decent but there are better ones even at purple rarity.
Old 2018-09-16, 02:29   Link #6
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I do agree that the game is pretty time-consuming, expecting players to spend hours farming for a ton of items and farmable ships, but it is rather forgiving with the drops.
It's not time-consuming at all if you are approaching it casually. No need for real leveling grind, just stick them into the ridiculous 9-hour 12k experience expedition and send them to the rest area and watch their levels skyrocket. And once they are on a sufficient level, just use auto-mode to bruteforce maps while doing something else.
Old 2018-09-16, 17:06   Link #7
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I'm also victim of Sandy meme.
Imagine having to restart because your friends are in the other server.
Old 2018-09-16, 19:19   Link #8
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I started playing this December last year and I'm still farming 3-4. OTOH, I kinda got Maya and Yuudachi by total accident, not even looking for them. Stupid RNG and desire radar
Old 2018-09-16, 19:37   Link #9
Skulkraken

Started playing with the release of the English version. Avrora server.

...And I actually like Sandy. >_> Her constantly high AA stat, even at 0lb has been pretty useful for farming the event using low cost fleets.
Old 2018-09-17, 02:11   Link #10
Kakurin
大佐

Got a penchant for picking up carriers it seems. Already have Enterprise, Yorktown, Souryuu Illustrious and Centaur among others, and now I added Saratoga yesterday and Essex today.

But she's not voiced? OTZ
Old 2018-09-17, 05:14   Link #11
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I just got Köln and Karlsruhe from two consecutive 3-2 runs. All I can use them for is Collection.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2018-09-17, 07:25   Link #12
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Question. Is it just me or is it normal to level ALL shipgirls? Basically, I try to get all my shipgirls to at least level 70 so I can potentially full star them. And I mean ALL of them. I've been exclusively using my free gems just to buy dock expansions to accommodate this. I've been doing 3-4 forever now anyways so I'm always changing my party. With the addition of research-able ships that goal was even more organized and some even reached beyond lvl.100. Now I'm also adding retrofitting all retrofit-able ships as my to-do list.

Despite all the SSRs I have gained since, my core ship remains consisting of my early ships: Shouhou kai, Long Island kai, Unicorn, Illustrious (my first SSR), Lexington, and Rodney, with Akashi and Vestal added lately because you kinda need them past stage 9.
My highest leveled screens are my earliest ships Suffolk, Norfolk, Kent, and the 3 Japanese version starter ships (I have Z23, but I kinda neglected her lol), but thanks to unlocking ships in research, I'm slowly having more high level screens.
After getting Neptune I'm currently researching Ibuki so now I have Takao, Atago, Maya, Yuubari, Abukuma kai, and Mikuma at high levels, after leveling the other Jyuuou screen ships I have.
For Roon after that I have almost the exact number I need: Prinz Eugen, Admiral Hipper and Graf Spree, Karlsruhe (almost finished retrofitting her), Leipzig, and lastly either Konigsberg or Koln. They are all at least level 70, ready to grind some more.
Old 2018-09-17, 18:50   Link #13
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Leveling all the shipgirls is normal. You use them for actual combat and Exercises, you sit them out at the Dormitory, and they also perform Daily Missions and Commissions. All of those give out EXP.

Also, erneiz confirmed for Iron Blood. I'm focusing on my HMS fleet. Hood will be my eternal companion in the seas as soon as I get max Affinity.

Old 2018-09-17, 20:23   Link #14
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Question. Is it just me or is it normal to level ALL shipgirls? Basically, I try to get all my shipgirls to at least level 70 so I can potentially full star them. And I mean ALL of them. I've been exclusively using my free gems just to buy dock expansions to accommodate this. I've been doing 3-4 forever now anyways so I'm always changing my party. With the addition of research-able ships that goal was even more organized and some even reached beyond lvl.100. Now I'm also adding retrofitting all retrofit-able ships as my to-do list.

Despite all the SSRs I have gained since, my core ship remains consisting of my early ships: Shouhou kai, Long Island kai, Unicorn, Illustrious (my first SSR), Lexington, and Rodney, with Akashi and Vestal added lately because you kinda need them past stage 9.
My highest leveled screens are my earliest ships Suffolk, Norfolk, Kent, and the 3 Japanese version starter ships (I have Z23, but I kinda neglected her lol), but thanks to unlocking ships in research, I'm slowly having more high level screens.
After getting Neptune I'm currently researching Ibuki so now I have Takao, Atago, Maya, Yuubari, Abukuma kai, and Mikuma at high levels, after leveling the other Jyuuou screen ships I have.
For Roon after that I have almost the exact number I need: Prinz Eugen, Admiral Hipper and Graf Spree, Karlsruhe (almost finished retrofitting her), Leipzig, and lastly either Konigsberg or Koln. They are all at least level 70, ready to grind some more.
Probably not normal, but as a collector, I like doing so too. I usually put my lowest levels in commissions, with a main leveling team in the long-hours commision+dorm.

Old 2018-09-19, 12:19   Link #15
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Got a penchant for picking up carriers it seems. Already have Enterprise, Yorktown, Souryuu Illustrious and Centaur among others, and now I added Saratoga yesterday and Essex today.

But she's not voiced? OTZ
And now I picked up Taihou.

Got so many of them that I don't even know who to use besides Enterprise. Anybody got some suggestions?
Old 2018-09-19, 12:56   Link #16
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Only playing EN so cant comment on the new ships in JP.
I'm using Illustrious and her skill is kinda good in PVP. Frontline survives really well against carrier bombs when she activates that skill. Though the meta is Akaga I think for us since faster first deployment. I have Akaga but I'm stil leveling Kaga before using them.
Also using Unicorn for healing and she's decent for my fleet that handles mob fleets before the boss.
Have Lexington and Saratoga as well and their skills for cover fire like aux guns of BBs are decent I suppose. But Saratoga's dialogue on skill activation can get on your nerves after a while
Old 2018-09-19, 12:57   Link #17
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I like Unicorn and Shouhou because they heal. And Illustrious adds damage immunity on top of that. Very useful for an auto fleet.
Old 2018-09-19, 22:33   Link #18
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
And now I picked up Taihou.

Got so many of them that I don't even know who to use besides Enterprise. Anybody got some suggestions?
Enterprise: OWARI DA
Akagi + Kaga: The obvious combination, especially if you have Nagato
Illustrious: Her shield thing
Saratoga (Retrofit): As strong, if not stronger... just with no invincibility, as Enterprise

I think these are the most commonly used?
Taihou and Essex only just was released, so their "evaluation" haven't really solidified. Hornet and Yorktown were also recently buffed.
You could try Essex if the Nagato + Akagi + Kaga "meta" team gets on your nerves, I guess.
Hiryuu/Souryuu is pretty much a cheaper version of Akagi + Kaga.

Unicorn is also an obvious choice, but she's a light carrier.

Old 2018-09-22, 16:29   Link #19
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Who in the fox mines still?
*raises hand*
Old 2018-09-22, 20:34   Link #20
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I just did my first two runs in the Fox Mines.
I only need the two foxes for collection. Repair Tools are what I actually need.

Tags
azur lane