AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-06-13, 19:26   Link #21
Applehell

Some matches here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/VideoGameBootCamp/videos
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 01:07   Link #22
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

lol, a lot of official Twitter accounts tweeting their characters, but on Zelda's, they misspelled Toon Link into... Umm... How would you localize this? Tuhnn Link?
The bar is in the wrong location.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 01:17   Link #23
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Predicting:

Bass as a Megaman Echo Fighter (Or Protoman.. or both?)

Raiden as a Snake Echo Fighter

King K Rool
Old 2018-06-16, 00:06   Link #24
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Considering how long it takes for characters to be conceptualized, I don't expect any surprise character added for the retail release, moreso they most likely needed a lot of time to update the returning characters who weren't in SSB4. Rex might show up in a dlc considering Sakurai praised XB2, but that's about it.

Even then, I believe the roster is already sick as it is. I just hope Sakurai will take his time to reveal game modes and so forth times to times.
It's a brand new engine, so even the SSB4 characters take a decent amount of work.

Three Zelda characters have entirely new models and appearances, and many of the fighters have entirely new moves.

With that said, despite Sakurai's reluctance I am sure Nintendo will ask him to add a new fighter a year or two down the line anyway, perhaps a new Pokemon from gen 8 after that game release, or one of the new Fire Emblem characters.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 03:01   Link #25
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You also have to consider that there's new Assist Trophies also being added, as well as a bunch more Pokemon attacks for the Pokeball items. On top of everything else being built for the game and adjusted.
Old 2018-06-16, 23:30   Link #26
Shadow5YA

I wonder... is there going to be dual audio for this game? I know in the past they never have been, but Nintendo has been more generous with dual audio for Switch games lately.

Because if there isn't, I might have to import Smash for the first time. Marth speaking in English is blasphemy of the highest order
Old 2018-06-17, 06:25   Link #27
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It is very likely the game will have a unified build, meaning that if they don't implement the dual audio, you will have to set your console to JP setting.
Old 2018-06-17, 11:43   Link #28
Shadow5YA

Quote:
It is very likely the game will have a unified build, meaning that if they don't implement the dual audio, you will have to set your console to JP setting.
I'm okay with that. That means I can just buy the version on the NA eshop, then just change my language settings to JP afterwards, right? So I don't have to buy Japanese eshop cards?
Old 2018-06-17, 11:48   Link #29
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Pretty much. But that's assuming it is indeed an unified build like BotW and so forth (in such case, DLC also work with any version, and you can buy it cheaper in JP assuming the conversion rate is at your favor).
If they actually make unique "signature" for the different versions of SSBU like Xenoblade 2 or Fire Emblem Warriors, you will have to buy it on the JP eShop if the western version doesn't have any dual audio option.

If you don't mind buying digital, remember you can simply buy a download code from Amazon.jp. Most of the time, the big games have their eshop codes sold there, and they are slightly cheaper than the eshop to boot.
Old 2018-06-17, 12:35   Link #30
GDB

It's weird to me that a region-free system would signature lock a disc to a specific region. But looking at your examples, it looks like Nintendo titles are unlocked and third party (second party? I always forget the proper term for these) are the ones that locked it. Are there any current Nintendo titles that lock it? And is Smash still considered a Nintendo title even if another company is publishing it?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 12:41   Link #31
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Regarding different games with unique signature, it is pretty much done that way because the switch doesn't consider those games as the same. For instance, I have both JP and EN versions of Xenoblade 2, and they appear as 2 different apps in the switch, which is pretty normal since they don't have the same features. So it isn't like you buy the "same game" with locked stuff because of the eShop: it is more like they are tweaked versions and cannot be considered the same app at all.
And obviously, those games are only available in their respective eShop for logical reasons, but they are still purchaseable for any switch.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-06-17 at 13:25.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 03:21   Link #32
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'm super stoked for this game.

And I know it will never happen because I'm the only person who ever played or remembers the game, but I hope Isaac from Golden Sun 1 and 2 is someday added as a DLC character. His Psynergy skills would be perfect Special skills for Smash Bros. Ragnarok/Odyssey for a B/Charged B move, Move/Force for Side B, Catch for Down B, and Retreat for Up B. And Megiddo (Isaac's Sol Blade unleash ability) could be his Final Smash.

I can dream, can't I?
Old 2018-06-24, 09:45   Link #33
Kafriel
Senior Guest

You can even dream of the day Felix joins too! The smash bros cast has certainly expanded through the years, but I think they're going for more...let's say, iconic characters. Could totally see a Belmont added, platforming is their strength!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 12:30   Link #34
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Any update on Samus being decent? She hasn't been good for a while since they nerfed her damage.
Old 2018-06-24, 14:00   Link #35
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I'm super stoked for this game.

And I know it will never happen because I'm the only person who ever played or remembers the game, but I hope Isaac from Golden Sun 1 and 2 is someday added as a DLC character. His Psynergy skills would be perfect Special skills for Smash Bros. Ragnarok/Odyssey for a B/Charged B move, Move/Force for Side B, Catch for Down B, and Retreat for Up B. And Megiddo (Isaac's Sol Blade unleash ability) could be his Final Smash.

I can dream, can't I?
You are not the only one, literally every list from Smash fans has Isaac's name on it somewhere.
Old 2018-08-08, 11:09   Link #36
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
So in the Smash Direct today they revealed 2 brand new fighters (Simon Belmont and King K. Rool) and 3 new echo fighters (Richter Belmont, Chrom and Dark Samus).

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-08, 12:47   Link #37
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

super smash bros also doubles as a 900 composition soundtrack you can listen to on your switch in handheld mode, making it an oversized music player. xD

btw, I'm not even kidding.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-08, 14:52   Link #38
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's not really new. It was already present in Smash4 with the 3DS.
Old 2018-08-08, 15:26   Link #39
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
That's not really new. It was already present in Smash4 with the 3DS.
that's cool. I had no idea. But 900 tracks!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-08, 15:44   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Pretty meh this time. Awakening trash, Dark Samus, King K., Castlevania. Never really played Castlevania or Metroid, and I think I might have played one of the Donkey Kong games that had King K. but it isn't really in my memory.
Good to see Sakurai though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote