AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

View Poll Results: Penguin Drum - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 23 31.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 15.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 4.17%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-18, 01:08   Link #21
Kazu-kun

Subs are out. Go look for it at the usual places.
Old 2011-11-18, 01:18   Link #22
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wtf Ikuhara, WTF? Why don't you just sink all the childhood friend ships in one episode, why don't you? MomokaXTabuki, TabukiXYuri, RingoXTabuki, MasakoXKanba, and HimariXShouma. Last one especially, ever since selling me on RingoXShouma after giving up on Tabuki, you throw me another curve ball. XD

Then again, for a series about defying fate, I really shouldn't get my hopes up as childhood friend couplings has the 'fate card' in spades. :sigh:

...unless, Sanetoshi succeeds in putting back the 'fate train' in the 'right track', and last episode has all the fated ones get together (HimariXShouma, MasakoXKanba, YuriXTabuki). Heck, get me even one and I'd be happy. So yeah... go Sanetoshi!

TBQH, the episode as a whole was kinda boring, but then again it's the episode after THE epsiode.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2011-11-18, 01:31   Link #23
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Didn't particularly surprise me. At the very least Shouma was a candidate for unmei no hito from the beginning.
I'm actually glad. Ringo X Shouma, Himari X Shouma.. it matters not, let it come! Win-win situation right there. Kanba can go to hell for all I care!
Old 2011-11-18, 03:03   Link #24
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Hm, should I assume that PotC's winning condition of the game is to completely erase the 1995 incident by using the diary again. While Sanetoshi's winning condition is to put everyone back on to the train of fate so what Momoka had changed back in 1995 incident will be undone.

If this is the case, Masako is really derailing Sanetoshi from his plan: refusing to go on the train, trying to pull Kanba out of yet, helding onto the diary instead of destroying it. Now she is messing with Himari, which I believe will finally knock some senses into Kanba.
I wonder does he regret picking Masako as his player.
Old 2011-11-18, 03:03   Link #25
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Shouma as usual was useless trying to save Himari but instead falls down again. I just notice that Himari has babyface.
Old 2011-11-18, 03:40   Link #26
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Shouma as usual was useless trying to save Himari but instead falls down again.
And that was enough to NTR Kanba anyway.
Old 2011-11-18, 04:57   Link #27
EroKing

Totally wasn't expecting Himari to be the one not related to the Takakura family. Her look of sadness when she looked at Ringo and Sho together in the kitchen did give some indication of something not being right.
Some time ago I once had thought that Shouma being Himari's fated one would be pretty lolworthy but man having done so much for Himari till now Kanba got NTRed badly just like that
Old 2011-11-18, 06:51   Link #28
mysh

I can't get why Sho has no memories of his super-Momoka-like powers, never mentions them in the novels, always simply looks pathetic and seems useless. No, I can't believe
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2011-11-18, 07:22   Link #29
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

What worries me more now is what's going to happen to Kanba now? He was the one who cared Himari most. He gone through so much in order to keep his family together and from harm's way. I'm really looking forward to see how they are going to solve everything at the end of the series. Also as expected from Ikuhara... You just need to go with the flow the show. Predicting further events always turns out to be another shocking twist just like how Himari turned out to be not their real sister. Ah Kanba ah... Now I'm really feel sorry for him and at the same time sympathize with Masako even more since she is trying to salvage Kanba from lies and fangs of the fate. Anyways that was really decent episode so can't wait to see whats going to happen next in the upcoming episodes. Lastly it really entertains me people will get butthurt and mad because of latest turn of the events. As expected from Ikuhara. He finally did something that I'd actually expect of him. So all of those rage included comments are really going to amuse me even more <3!
Old 2011-11-18, 07:25   Link #30
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Totally wasn't expecting Himari to be the one not related to the Takakura family.
Same here. Himari looks a lot like Chiemi and they interacted like real mother/daughter from what we've seen. Hard to believe she has been thrown in the family just like that at some point...
Old 2011-11-18, 08:10   Link #31
Lota

Yes, after watching the subs I still think that this episode was not disappointing at all. Maybe after the last episode people were expecting some more action, but look at the revelations we got! Himari is not their real sister (why does Natsume know about that?), Shouma is Himari's fated one, Kanba is still in contact with his parents... This was the episode that was supposed to give us more answers, and it did (well, it gave us many questions in return as well). I really enjoyed this new plot twist, though it wasn't completely unexpected... Ah... I love Ikuhara's trolling
Old 2011-11-18, 08:24   Link #32
YayPepsi

Quote:
Some time ago I once had thought that Shouma being Himari's fated one would be pretty lolworthy but man having done so much for Himari till now Kanba got NTRed badly just like that
Make sacrifices and kick ass over and over for a girl you love? Not good enough.

Save a girl when she's 5 and then proceed to be a useless waste of skin for the rest of your life? You're clearly her soul mate.

Fate really is cruel, isn't it Kanba?
Old 2011-11-18, 08:29   Link #33
Sides

Awesome episode. The twist, that Himari was the one adopted was surprising. For some reason I always though either Shoma or Kanba was taken in by the Takakura family.
Here is the thing if Shoma did changed Himari's fate, he must have sacrificed something for it.
Old 2011-11-18, 10:00   Link #34
Craymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Awesome episode. The twist, that Himari was the one adopted was surprising. For some reason I always though either Shoma or Kanba was taken in by the Takakura family.
Here is the thing if Shoma did changed Himari's fate, he must have sacrificed something for it.
You have to go back to the flash back episode of the day of the subway attack. Only one child was born that day and it was Kanba. Kanba is the only child of the Takakura family. It looks like both Shoma and Himari use the fruit of fate to create their family.
Old 2011-11-18, 10:19   Link #35
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yep, I certainly enjoyed the 'plot twist', even though it came completely from nowhere (>.>). Heck, you couldn't even tell she had special feelings of Sho until this ep, when they showed her looking at Ringo and Shou in the kitchen. Himari has looked upon and favored both Kan and Sho evenly, so it's hard to really see how she could suddenly lean toward Sho, even if her memories were coming back to her. I still fail to see where all of this leads, but I'll just let the remainder of the series(and the forum) guide me the rest of the way.
Old 2011-11-18, 10:22   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Shouma as usual was useless trying to save Himari but instead falls down again. I just notice that Himari has babyface.
When he fell down, I thought for sure he would land on one of the little blue balls and recover his memories first, especially because of that dramatic slow-mo (what the hell? ). Well, that could still happen since we haven't seen what became of him after he tripped.

That was quite an interesting twist. I'm kind of surprised Ikuhara killed the incest theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
And that was enough to NTR Kanba anyway.
After the revelation that Kanba was about to let Himari die to protect his parents, I don't mind it as much as I would have, say, last week. That kind of killed the Himari x Kanba ship to me. If he truly loved her more than a sister, he would have given up the location of his (terrorist) parents. I couldn't believe it when I saw him discussing happily with them.
Old 2011-11-18, 11:06   Link #37
YayPepsi

Quote:
After the revelation that Kanba was about to let Himari die to protect his parents, I don't mind it as much as I would have, say, last week. That kind of killed the Himari x Kanba ship to me. If he truly loved her more than a sister, he would have given up the location of his (terrorist) parents. I couldn't believe it when I saw him discussing happily with them.
Telling might have killed Himari anyway though. He might have saved her in that moment by telling Tabuki where his parents are but what if Tabuki killed them? That would kill his source for money, then he wouldn't be able to afford her medicine, and she would die anyway. I think he tried to do what he thought was best all around but it spiraled out of his control because he overestimated himself and didn't expect Himari to try and jump out.
Old 2011-11-18, 11:06   Link #38
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's unfair I think. Maybe his parents are as important as Himari. Kanba doesn't mind giving up his own life, just not his parents. Giving up one member of your family for another is not the correct way to go.

I couldn't understand why people voted 1s, but after watching it I laughed. You guys are such tsunderes.
Old 2011-11-18, 11:18   Link #39
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Kanba heel turn
Old 2011-11-18, 11:41   Link #40
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
That's unfair I think. Maybe his parents are as important as Himari. Kanba doesn't mind giving up his own life, just not his parents. Giving up one member of your family for another is not the correct way to go.
Well, to say that they were exactly equal in terms of importance is VERY unbelievable. Very difficult, but unbelievable. The fact that Kan didn't tell Tabuki about his parents means he made a decision; parents > Himari. He did risk his life for her in the end, but still held his parents life over Himari's. He's just lucky that Tabuki wasn't completely malicious til the end.
Closed Thread

Tags
raging hard, trolling auther