Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-06-10, 19:23   Link #241
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
In short, I believe that adaptation should only be a means to an end rather than an end in itself.
That's another thing I don't like about anime. A lot of them won't take chances like the Harry Potter movies or Kubrick's "The Shining" and just make them their own thing. And when they do, it's hardly ever for the better. What is up with that?

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 20:04   Link #242
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I pretty much hate how the girls often misunderstands a situation or a males leads intent and the guy always needs to get "punished" for it, and he pretty much allows it to happen. I know it's to add humor and to see how the guy will appease the wrath of the woman who's angry, but in some anime they kind of doing over the time ie. Zero no Tsukaima, Kore wa Zombie, Desu ka?, and Mayoi Neko Overrun!
Old 2012-06-10, 20:29   Link #243
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
That's another thing I don't like about anime. A lot of them won't take chances like the Harry Potter movies or Kubrick's "The Shining" and just make them their own thing. And when they do, it's hardly ever for the better. What is up with that?
Don't forget the quality of the adaptation itself also being an issue. Then there's the matter of whether or not the original work was actually any good.

To stay on topic, I tend to stay far, far away from fanservice harem anime unless they're yuri-tinted. The only fanservice harem show I really enjoyed was Mashiroiro Symphony which was closer to Clannad or Kanon in its overall "feel" anyway.
GANBARIMASU

Last edited by Akito Kinomoto; 2012-06-10 at 20:42.
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 20:47   Link #244
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
Don't forget the quality of the adaptation itself also being an issue. Then there's the matter of whether or not the original work was actually any good.
I thought the Sankarea manga sucked, but the anime did a great job of making me like it. Same thing with the E7 Ao manga.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 15:59   Link #245
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Their "Checklist Approach" in the way they are catering characters, plot, premise based on various otaku fetishes.
Yeah, I agree. If I had to sum up everything I hate/dislike about anime in one sentence, it would be pretty much the same thing that you just wrote here, and I also would use the specific words "Checklist Approach".

It's not even so much the specific elements that get checked off, as I like many of those elements myself. It's just how the "Checklist Approach" makes a show seem more like a mechanical assemblage of parts than like a true, organic narrative to me.
Old 2012-06-11, 16:38   Link #246
Alchemist007
*Author

Completely unnecessary flashbacks.
Old 2012-06-11, 19:32   Link #247
Magnum Bookworm
The Bookworm

The ecchi. My brother has an anime friend who says:

"It never happens until someone is in the room"

To this day this seems to be true . I could never watch Railgun until my parents went to bed, because Kuroko constantly getting nearly nude.
Old 2012-06-11, 20:09   Link #248
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Actually I tend to hate anime/manga industry than anime/manga itself. Moe and fujioshi pandering shows are scourge of my existence.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 20:10   Link #249
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Completely unnecessary flashbacks.
That reminded me of Slam Dunk...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 20:12   Link #250
Alchemist007
*Author

I wonder how I would react to seeing an offspring of mine watching something ecchi. I'd like to think I'd be cool about it and either let them be or give them a short friendly talk. Not THE talk (unless it was hentai ).
Old 2012-06-14, 07:46   Link #251
destiny(kakeru)
電波オタク

Ecchi fan service, hands down. Honestly, unless it has some really important connection with the plot/character development, use it sparingly. Occasional FS scenes for comedic purposes, that I can understand - overuse of it to point of disintegrating the the flow of the storyline, just leave the brainless ecchi crap out of it, seriously.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:07   Link #252
Eragon
Still Alive

^ You are just asking for trouble saying that here That and anything against moe is outright taboo to speak here.
I expect the next few posts to be about how elitist you are and if you don't like it then don't watch it

I also expect to get neg repped for this.
Old 2012-06-14, 10:33   Link #253
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I didn't find such thread so decided to make one... we all know what attracts most of us in anime but what do you guys dislike about it? After all nothing is perfect.

For example here is what I hate:
Power ups - I seriously hate those! The main hero gets the crap beaten out of them and then out of nowhere he PWNs the bad guy the next second... just WTF?! What was the point of the fight then? Was it hard to let the main hero train some more before the fight? It just looks dumb and anti climatic, Bleach is the best example.

Fast skill upgrade - I can't stand it when a newbie beats down the proffesional. No matter how talented you are there is no way you can beat the master in several weeks or months of training.

Example 1: Bleach once again! Ichigo who never held a sword before was able to beat down the captain who have 100 years of exparience only after some months of killing hollow and some training. Duno about VC but captains should be able to cut off his head with closed eyes. If he was doing kendo in human world, then I would have less complaints.

Example 2: Air Gear, Ikki put on AT for the first time and after several hours of riding was able to preform something rare and actually beat the guy who exactly same day made Ikki piss himself in the morning. Afterwards he wins against other experienced riders.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Age - just WTF? Why all characters are so young?! It is rare when main characters and others are older than 12-14. What's the problem? Why can't they be 15-16 or older? If you want them to be kids then make them act like ones instead of giving them 18 years old brains! Why would people from 16 and above want to watch show about kids? Age seriously ruins everything.

Yoko from Gurren Lagan - just in which place does she look like 14? What would change if she was at least 16?

GTO - like this show a lot but none of those kids looks like 14 nor do they act like one. I know why they are not older because of plot idea but why do they have to look so old? And why all of them are so smart? I don't remeber it being a school for kids with high IQ.

Air Gear - 20 year old Simca is after 13 year old Ikki... any feelings? I was actually having a WTF moment when I found out about her age. And people wonder from where pedophiles appear... or constant Ikki fanservice? He is freacking 13! Stop showing his naked body! And I haven't seen a single 13 year old with such nice body build unless they were working out every day for a long time.

Well that's mine list for now... what do you guys dislike?
Actually ichigo did train along with tatsuki. She kept beating him and cried, till his mom died. Idk after that. He is a capable fist fighter, shown with chads arc. Pay more attention than soifon :P jk its easy to forget that.

I do agree on age... ichigo is 15... wtf...

Atleast power ups in dbz were earned...through 10 episodes...better than 1 commercial.
Old 2012-06-15, 07:05   Link #254
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Not directly to anime itself but I hate to see "overly-hetero" girls who hates any female characters in their favorite shows because for the love of their favorite bishies AKA fujioshi. They even cosplayed as their favorite bishies despite their gender for example one of them cosplayed as Sebastian(Kuroshitsuji) and willing to cut her long hair, dyed it dark blue. I think she kept her hair long for many years but for her love to a non-existent man, she did it anyway. Of course most men find her to be "cute" and "sexy", just look what Naoto did to most of the male Persona 4 fans(ironically most female Persona 4 fans liked Rise better, maybe she's don't have spoiled pop idol stereotype).

Another kind of fans I hate is shoujo fangirls who still stuck in their childhood fantasy of having a charming prince on white horse(or bright red Porsche for modern equivalent) who will take them away from their boring daily lives, from school, from annoying parents and from home. Strangely they don't seem to hate the heroines despite how stupid and reckless they were. Why? Because those shoujo heroines are supposed to be them, I mean the readers. Maybe most people didn't see them on that way but for me they just trapped in a world they themselves created.

I hate being too one-sided but I don't have much things to rant about the male equivalents especially tsundere and yandere fanboys. Maybe next time if this rant didn't violate the thread's rule.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 07:12   Link #255
wolfbankai
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3jay14 View Post
-Constantly waiting on episodes
-Weird romance (Like there's already a guy/girl destined for him/her from the beginning)
-good storyline then turning into bad ending
same here.
one point i really hate , FILLERS.
wolfbankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 08:07   Link #256
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

3) "Almost hentai" anime - I normally have a thick skin, able to stomach a lot of ecchi, but when it becomes borderline hentai... I'd rather watch hentai tbh

2) Reused animation - Gundam is (was?) a big offender of this. Guess I'm fed up with it considering I grew up with anime abusing this technique to no end

1) Fillers - main reason why I don't watch most shounen fighting series. Dragonball and Z had enough fillers to last me a lifetime

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 06:10   Link #257
Solafighter
Hige

Long memory flashbacks. Makes it feel like beeing treated like an idiot, to not beeing able to remember a thing from the last episode.
Old 2012-06-16, 13:22   Link #258
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What about flashbacks that are so long they are at least a full story arc, if not half the show. So long that you mostly forget it is a flashback until it ends.
Old 2012-06-16, 13:26   Link #259
Eragon
Still Alive

^ That's genjutsu man Itachi got you
Old 2012-06-16, 17:23   Link #260
Haikea

- Unnatural muscle power (mostly angry girls)
- Mechas or something similar because they are so ridiculously overdone
- Some pets like Botan "puhi puhi" from Clannad. Arghhhh!!!
- Overdone "nyan" or something too whiny. It sounds so annoying
- Sometimes side view of faces look really wierd or certain angles give almost a new face. I don't mean things like when they have completely white eyes with thick black edges to amplify certain expressions. Maybe artists sometimes have too tight deadline so they "cut corners" or something.
- "Generic" orchestral style or other "cool" music especially for OP/ED. A bit hard to explain, but I get the feeling that I have heard this a million times before.
- Angry male Japanese voice. I just can't take it seriously. Especially when they are screaming.