AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-06-04, 17:33   Link #1
jzmagic
flargansbog

[Manga]Domestic Na Kanojo (Author of GE - Good Ending)

Domestic na Kanojo started in double issue 21/22 of Weekly Shonen Magazine by experienced mangaka Kei Sasuga. Sasuga is most credited for his previous series, GE ~ Good Ending, which ran from 2009 to 2013 in the same magazine.

Quote:
The story follows a high school student who confesses to his teacher. He finds out later that this teacher happens to be a candidate for his dad remarriage and that her sister is the girl he first made love to.

What will happen to this young man, his swirling emotions, and predicament his in?
Going to expect another emotional roller coaster here. I'm a sucker for student-teacher romance so this looks real promising.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 18:00   Link #2
Johnny
Working the bags...

I could've sworn the two girls one of which is the teacher are going to be his step-sisters since they both have black hair and the mother has blonde hair...?

Well the MC isn't all that likable at the moment and doesn't look like that'll change anytime soon...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 18:10   Link #3
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

The plot remind me of this manga where the MC has a thing for his fellow female student but she somehow she is gonna be married to his father and become his mother... Damned these NTRing father!
Old 2014-06-04, 18:16   Link #4
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I could've sworn the two girls one of which is the teacher are going to be his step-sisters since they both have black hair and the mother has blonde hair...?

Well the MC isn't all that likable at the moment and doesn't look like that'll change anytime soon...
Haven't read it yet since no one has picked this up, but why is he unlikable?
Old 2014-06-04, 18:21   Link #5
Kirihara_R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
The plot remind me of this manga where the MC has a thing for his fellow female student but she somehow she is gonna be married to his father and become his mother... Damned these NTRing father!
nah, none of that
Spoiler for ...:

Spoiler for ..Heroines.:

Last edited by Kirihara_R; 2014-06-04 at 18:39.
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 20:17   Link #6
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Yay! The creator of GE aka "the manga that made me facepalm so many time" has created a new manga series. I admit, the teacher x student thing has me interested, but I just hope that Sasuga-sensei has redeemed herself in her ability to write a decent love story. And it looks like it'll be practically an "incest" story with the imouto having the MC's first...nice!

Other than that, I will watch this and I just hope it won't become a big clusterf**k like GE during the whole ex-boyfriend issue "shudders in disgust".
Old 2014-06-04, 20:18   Link #7
cloud04
Scanlator

if you see the 1st pages of this series you already know where this is going XD
Old 2014-06-04, 20:41   Link #8
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Yay! The creator of GE aka "the manga that made me facepalm so many time" has created a new manga series. I admit, the teacher x student thing has me interested, but I just hope that Sasuga-sensei has redeemed herself in her ability to write a decent love story. And it looks like it'll be practically an "incest" story with the imouto having the MC's first...nice!

Other than that, I will watch this and I just hope it won't become a big clusterf**k like GE during the whole ex-boyfriend issue "shudders in disgust".
I loved GE in the beginning... I ended up dropping it around chapter 90 or so. It started out so good, but as you said, it got really bad as it went on. Second only to KNIM, imo.

The premise of this sounds even worse, like it's been pulled right out of day time soap operas, ripe for NTR or worse. I think I'll be skipping it. I'd rather not read another series where decent characters are ruined by overly melodramatic plots and bad writing/constant stupid decisions.... Which then all get swept under the rug for a forced pairing happy ending and no good character development.

What I wouldn't give to have a series like GE where the girl does something idiotic or makes a bad decision and the MC actually moves on with his life with another (well-developed) girl instead of dumping his girlfriend like a hot potato to run back to his old girlfriend. It could serve as a good cautionary tale about how mistakes can't always be fixed and that people don't stay obsessed with one person for their whole lives-- and that sometimes people move on.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2014-06-04 at 20:52.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 20:53   Link #9
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I loved GE in the beginning... I ended up dropping it around chapter 90 or so. It started out so good, but as you said, it got really bad as it went on. Second only to KNIM, imo.

The premise of this sounds even worse, like it's been pulled right out of day time soap operas, ripe for NTR or worse. I think I'll be skipping it. I'd rather not read another series where decent characters are ruined by overly melodramatic plots and bad writing/constant stupid decisions.... Which then all get swept under the rug for a forced happy ending and no good character development.
True GE swung wildly in the highs and lows which was infuriating. Maybe Sasuga will do better this time around.
Old 2014-06-04, 21:06   Link #10
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

I'm looking forward to his new work. This one is under my strike zone.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 21:08   Link #11
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
What I wouldn't give to have a series like GE where the girl does something idiotic or makes a bad decision and the MC actually moves on with his life with another (well-developed) girl instead of dumping his girlfriend like a hot potato to run back to his old girlfriend. It could serve as a good cautionary tale about how mistakes can't always be fixed and that people don't stay obsessed with one person for their whole lives-- and that sometimes people move on.
That is also one of the reasons why I dropped KNIM and didn't bother with it anymore. After what happened with the MC and the what's her face "shudders in disgust" I didn't bother reading it anymore. I don't know how it ended and I don't want to know since I've got a good idea how it went.

I just hope that Kouji-sensei doesn't make Fuuka a disaster like KNIM, but I'm sort of worried since we're seeing some KNIM patterns in recent chapters...and that's worrying.
Old 2014-06-05, 02:35   Link #12
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:

The premise of this sounds even worse, like it's been pulled right out of day time soap operas, ripe for NTR or worse. I think I'll be skipping it. I'd rather not read another series where decent characters are ruined by overly melodramatic plots and bad writing/constant stupid decisions.... Which then all get swept under the rug for a forced pairing happy ending and no good character development.
So true, so true *cries*. Given Sasuga Kei's style it's surely another overly-dramatic "3+ chapter drama, one chapter recovery, 3+ chapters" circle *with* some exceptions in between, where one of the - later - most likable girls gets figuratively punched in the face and another girl's introduced, only to be trolled on every occation by the mangaka and being "demonized" by the maga's fanbase.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 18:59   Link #13
assmdxd

is ther any one who translate this manga

so cool
assmdxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 20:26   Link #14
deathcoy

This is a Hentai setting bros... Shld have been a H-manga...
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-25, 06:06   Link #15
assmdxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcoy View Post
This is a Hentai setting bros... Shld have been a H-manga...
i don't think so

so is there any one who will translate this manga

so cool
assmdxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 16:05   Link #16
Sejuro
Ghost Member

Thumbs up 1st chapter scanlated!

Finally, someone picked it up (thanks Café con Lenin!). In my opinion it's way better than Fuuka and I really don't understand all this accumulated hate that surrounds Sasuga Kei's other work, really, it wasn't so bad compared to other titles.
Sejuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 16:28   Link #17
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
GE was shit! I dropped that around chapter 70 or so, couldn't bring myself to continue reading that shitload of annoying drama. Truly frustrating to read that

Well, the premise of this one attracts me a bit. A love triangle between his teacher and "imouto".
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 17:46   Link #18
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well shitfuck, all that no string attaching and not a single showing of boob in sight. Impressive Sei.
Old 2014-12-02, 05:38   Link #19
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I just discovered this gem and I'm here for the long haul.

(Didn't finish GE yet, still on ch 50 so don't spoil it for me.)

The scenario is a nice twist and it got me hooked.

Hina-sensei is

The main character is already better than Utsumi.

This guy is considerate, straightforward, and thoughtful, but most of all, he actually looks cool compared to the hacks we usually get in this genre.

From the first the chapter, it shows that he doesn't wear glasses (anymore) and isn't a neet or a complete idiot so that's a great start. For now.

I wonder if the whole series will be in color.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 08:00   Link #20
sayf82

what a life awaits him it'll be funny to see how he'll act between his crush and his "first-time" now that they are his sisters
sayf82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, incest, love triangle, nartsurui, romance