AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-21, 20:18   Link #21
stardrago

So, the dubbed aired already but no one is talking about it? Also if someone could private message me of a link of where a site will or if posting the episodes?
Old 2013-04-25, 07:56   Link #22
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Dub isn't out yet, only a preview.
Old 2013-04-26, 22:00   Link #23
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Actually, the dub is out now.

So far, it's good.
Old 2013-04-27, 06:01   Link #24
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I just saw it too....

Not to put them down or anything, but the VAs seem to lack all the emotion that the seiyuus had. Can anyone share their opinion?
Old 2013-05-23, 08:34   Link #25
judasmartel
*Author

Accel World English Dub Review by Judas Martel

THE HOT
+++++ English KYH is really FREAKING AWESOME. I could easily get used to KYH speaking English with Kira Buckland's performance.
+++++ Ben Diskin really hammed it up with Ash Roller.
+++++ Lucien Dodge as Taku was so cash, especially in Episode 5. Guy should have voiced Accelerator instead of Austin Tindle.
++++ So Araya the bully is voiced by good old freaking Kamina? Just who the hell do you think he is?
++++ Haru still sounds like a wimp, but a little less wimpier than the original.
++++ Chiyu sounds really freaking cute. I didn't expect anything less from Stephanie Sheh aka Hinata Hyuga and Orihime Inoue.
+++ Megumi sounded great so far, but there's nothing else I could say about her until the Okinawa arc.
+++ It's safe to say that keeping some Japanese terms in the English dub sure sounded awkward. But they have to, lest new viewers mistake Snow Black Princess for a real princess. And by the way, for the uninitiated out there, calling someone senpai means s/he's in a higher grade than you.

THE NOT
= None so far.

I have really high hopes for this dub. This would be a great one.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-05-23 at 16:33.
Old 2013-05-24, 18:31   Link #26
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Accel World English Dub Review by Judas Martel

THE HOT
+++++ English KYH is really FREAKING AWESOME. I could easily get used to KYH speaking English with Kira Buckland's performance.
+++++ Ben Diskin really hammed it up with Ash Roller.
+++++ Lucien Dodge as Taku was so cash, especially in Episode 5. Guy should have voiced Accelerator instead of Austin Tindle.
++++ So Araya the bully is voiced by good old freaking Kamina? Just who the hell do you think he is?
++++ Haru still sounds like a wimp, but a little less wimpier than the original.
++++ Chiyu sounds really freaking cute. I didn't expect anything less from Stephanie Sheh aka Hinata Hyuga and Orihime Inoue.
+++ Megumi sounded great so far, but there's nothing else I could say about her until the Okinawa arc.
+++ It's safe to say that keeping some Japanese terms in the English dub sure sounded awkward. But they have to, lest new viewers mistake Snow Black Princess for a real princess. And by the way, for the uninitiated out there, calling someone senpai means s/he's in a higher grade than you.

THE NOT
= None so far.

I have really high hopes for this dub. This would be a great one.
Good Review. Kuroyukihime in english was downright my main reason for watching the dub. Give Niko a good voice and I'll be satisfied.
Old 2013-05-25, 05:47   Link #27
judasmartel
*Author

So who do you think would voice Dusk Taker: Maile Flanagan, Colleen Clinkenbeard, or somebody else?
Old 2013-05-25, 19:28   Link #28
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Enjoying the dub so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
So who do you think would voice Dusk Taker: Maile Flanagan, Colleen Clinkenbeard, or somebody else?
This would be the million dollar question. I can't wait to see how he's voiced.
Old 2013-05-26, 12:33   Link #29
judasmartel
*Author

Okay, for the new voices, we have:

THE HOT
+++++ Trinity Lee as Aqua Current. I think Trinity Lee is an alias, but if she's actually a newbie VA, then that's awesome since she nailed the role pretty well.
+++ Lauren Landa as Manganese Blade. So meh, given Manganese's extremely short screen time, but I think she did it well.

THE NOT
++ Kaiji Tang as Blue Knight. Guy is actually pretty awesome in person. He sure sounded a little too angry here, but I still prefer the Yellow Flash as the Blue Knight.

Puella Magi connection spotted between Sarah Williams (Scarlet Rain's VA) and Lauren Landa (Manganese Blade's VA). Scarlet Rain is Sayaka Miki, and Manganese Blade is Kyouko Sakura.

Hmm... So, more Puella Magi VA's in this dub, I guess?

EDIT: Wait a minute. So Aqua Current is Trinity Lee's debut role?

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-06-03 at 05:51.
Old 2013-06-09, 11:22   Link #30
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

I liked Niko's "angel" voice however the SR's voice... It seemed a bit too high pitched. It reminds me of the stereotypical witch voice.
Old 2013-06-11, 22:24   Link #31
judasmartel
*Author

You mean Berserker Sayaka voice?

EDIT:
THE HOT
+++++ Yuniko Kozuki aka Scarlet Rain. For the purposes of discussion, let's call her Angel Mode "Last Order" or LO Mode, and her Devil Mode Accelolita Berserker Sayaka or ZS Mode. I liked LO Mode better than the ZS Mode, but it would be easy for me to get used to her ZS Mode.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-06-17 at 18:58.
Old 2013-06-17, 18:57   Link #32
judasmartel
*Author

Episode 9:

THE HOT
+++++ Witch Mode Sayaka Niko does it again. "Hey, nice specs. Do they call you "Teach"?". Heh, the first time it is shown that being Taku is suffering.
+++++ I found the KYH-interactions absolutely hilarious in the original dub, but in the English dub, it's cranked Up To Eleven! KYH sounds more girly yet still stoic, and Niko peppers her speech with F-bombs all over the place.
+++ So they rendered "Green Grande/Grandee" so that Grande (Spanish for "big") and Grandee (modified) can be pronounced either way! That's nice.

THE NOT
+ Ugh, they rendered "Disaster Armor" into "Armor of Catastrophe", lol. What the hell were they thinking?

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-06-17 at 19:22.
Old 2013-06-18, 05:27   Link #33
HasuMasu
*Artist

I always thought it was Armour of Calamity, myself.
Old 2013-06-18, 05:34   Link #34
judasmartel
*Author

Oh well, whatever it is. I always thought it was Disaster Armor, but Armor of Calamity sounds pretty badass as well.

Say, who do you think would voice Yellow Radio, Dusk Taker, and Sky Raker? Maybe Christine Marie Cabanos as Raker, and then Christina Vee as Dusk Taker or some other character to complete the Puella Magi connection?
Old 2013-07-15, 22:44   Link #35
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

We now have Dusk Taker's VA. It's the same VA for Megumi.
Old 2013-07-16, 09:01   Link #36
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

...Armour of Catastrophe?

That'll be a real job for the dubbers if there's ever S2. V7 confirmed it as 'Disaster Armour'. Don't think I need to explain it to you guys since you were active on the LN thread, but I'll just include it here.
Spoiler for Why Disaster Armour?:
Old 2013-07-16, 10:02   Link #37
Krono

For those wondering where the official translator got Armor of Catastrophe from, in Japanese, the name of the armor seems to be written "saika no yoroi". Yoroi translating as armor, and saika (with the particular kanji used) having possible dictionary translations of: accident; calamity; mistake; catastrophe. Also woes and scourge according to google translate.

Anyways, the translator apparently picked catastrophe rather than do further research, then ran afoul of the age old problem of how to translate 'no', do they put "x armor" or "armor of x", and they opted for the second.
Old 2013-07-16, 20:39   Link #38
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

*sighs*

Well I guess a double-check should have been in order. I really hope this does not foreshadow S2, or rather the lack of S2.
Old 2013-07-16, 20:42   Link #39
GDB

It's not like they can't just change the name later under the pretense that Armor of Calamity is its nickname rather than proper name. Similar to how the Kings are referred to by <Color King> rather than their actual names.
Old 2013-09-22, 20:29   Link #40
tuckersister

Episode 22 hasn't air for two weeks. What's going on?
Closed Thread