AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-03, 15:49   Link #1
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Viper's Creed

It appears we don't have a thread for this yet.

Viper's Creed is Aniplex's new original anime series, that will start airing on January 6th. It's a sci-fi show set in a close post-war future, revolving around a band of mercenaries dealing with terrorism as well the aftermaths of the war.

Directed by Aramaki Shinji, who is mostly known for directing the Appleseed movies. Main female character is voiced by Toyoguchi Megumi (Revy in Black Lagoon, Winry in FMA, Sei in Marimite).

Gives me GitS:SAC-ish feelings but with more action and less philosophy. Could be pretty good I think.

Homepage: http://viperscreed.jp/
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 16:16   Link #2
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Looks pretty interesting Toyoguchi Megumi did a good job voicing Revy and Sei so that should interesting cant wait for more info. I love sci-fi so I will be on the look out. Aramaki Shinji did a bang up job with Appleseed i should expect the same quality there but since this is a series we shall see.
Old 2009-01-08, 02:27   Link #3
DangerMouse

Yeah, I've been enjoying Toyoguchi Megumi's characters such as those and also Honoka in The Third.

Still waiting for it to get subbed but skimming through the visual/audio end of things it looks quite nice since I had no real idea what to expect so I'll just throw out some quick positives, looking forwards to more. Seeing them in action I like the motorcycle/robot, with the moves they showed I could easily see the main characters' mechas in some rather dynamic action scenes. I very much enjoyed the Appleseed moves so I was looking forwards to Aramaki's next project and once again he showed off some more good action scenes, I really liked the camera angles they chose for showing the action with them and for the various panning shots of them racing along etc. as well as the impact adding "little" things like the speed "line" effects, and also not skimping on the amount of extra sparklies during collisions and stuff looked nice and sharp.

Like in GITS I really like the squad aspect and there's a nicely large cast to develop just on the side we are following even before we get to see more characters, so if they can make the storyline/excitement gripping enough I could see your comment being right in that it turning into something a bit like a GITS-style scifi show with more action and less philosophy. It's also nice and rare having a relatively adult age cast of characters. I'm a huge scifi fan so I look forwards to seeing where this goes and it sticks out in the new season.

Too early to tell but hopefully it turns out good, I really want another scifi anime to follow.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2009-01-08 at 14:01.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 11:23   Link #4
MeSu

Thumbs up

I would like to notice the very nice opening for this anime. It's made by an artist/band - iLL. I never heard about them before. The ending is quite good too. And what else... it also reminded me about GITS. And this typical sound of landing on the ground by Tachikomas was to hear when Calva jumped on the Manevuer-Blade. It was kinda similar :P. Also the way the Megasoma rides is very similar to Tachikomas. It would be nice if some group subbed it. I think it's worth to do it.

P.S.
Again... the OP is very cool. I am desperate to find a full version of it

EDIT:
Since I am not using Share or Winny, I'm looking for raws only by torrents and I found the best raw file for the episode 01 was released by [TV-J].
MeSu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 18:55   Link #5
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

One of the shows I am going watch this season . I needed my fix Blassreiter and I hope this shows delivers. The brief summary and plot looks promising too : )
Old 2009-01-21, 07:49   Link #6
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I peeked into the first episode of this and it didn't look like anything that would scare subbers away - quite the contrary. So I wonder why this hasn't been done already.

Four reasons might be 1. no manga, 2. no light novel, 3. no game, and 4. no anime prequel, I guess?
Old 2009-01-21, 11:14   Link #7
Nerathor

It's a nice anime!
Someone know where can i find the lyric of the opening or ending?
Nerathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 17:10   Link #8
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Just saw the ep. 1 raw. It's a shame that this one isn't getting any attention.

Also, what was the big deal with the ep. 1 mecha? Why was it necessary to self-destruct to stop it?
Old 2009-01-24, 19:03   Link #9
Boduar

Like 3-4 eps out and no subs yet cant wait till we get them since it looks decent enough.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 20:42   Link #10
DangerMouse

This has looked really good, and it seems like an anime that should be getting some subbing attention, I wish we could get some subs.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 21:09   Link #11
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
I peeked into the first episode of this and it didn't look like anything that would scare subbers away - quite the contrary. So I wonder why this hasn't been done already.
It's not gay or emo enough.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 23:08   Link #12
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
It's not gay or emo enough.
Is this a joke?

The protagonist is voiced by Kuroda Takaya, the same guy who voiced the protagonist of all the "Ryu ga Gotoku" games, Kazuma Kiryuu.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 12:44   Link #13
DarkestHour
Music That You Dance to~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkestHour
it look's like good.. but i hate some anime with 3D things around it.. ^^.. ill be waiting this
DarkestHour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 00:14   Link #14
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
I love both the OP and ED of this anime

the OP - R.O.C.K by iLL

sounds very much alike to FLEET - Brand New Reason (from Innocent Venus) and Cloud Age Symphony( Last Exile) <3

the ED surprisingly is entirely in English

the art is very Appleseed-ish but still pretty nice and sharp.
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 15:44   Link #15
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Finally episode 1 was subbed can get to watching this anime . But the lack of subbing until now has made me slightly apprehensive. Here is hoping what cyoti said was true : )
Old 2009-02-06, 16:00   Link #16
Moci
just an ordinary alien...

Send a message via MSN to Moci
The first episode was good, i hope some other group also subbing this anime...
Kariya really cute!
I like the op, but this can be out on cd? I saw 'Januar 28 - release date' a website, but it's true?
Anyway i'll wait the second ep, this will be a good series, i think.
Old 2009-02-07, 06:13   Link #17
yozaku
Always Idle

it really has blassreiter vibe

but the action is good

sadly -amanda
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 07:03   Link #18
k'2

Send a message via MSN to k'2 Send a message via Yahoo to k'2
gotta check this out and tell u what i found .......btw why don't u recommend it to some of the groups i think will ur voices will reach them from this topic???
k'2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 07:57   Link #19
slidingk1

Is this the season for mecha moto's or something? Rideback now this one too. Seems promising enough but episode one was all run and gun with little plot.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 10:44   Link #20
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well it's just an intro episode. Now that I finally have a sub, I find that it's partly depressing too. Post war number whatever with remnant technology trying to kill of the surviving citizens and a private corp tring to stop it. Kind of reminds you of planetarian without the private corp angle.

Nice episode.