- Hygiene products: 3 points
- Doctor: 2 points

Total: 29 points.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 13:20   Link #24822
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Also you need TV to watch TV series/Movie and computer to have Game and Internet

Hygiene: 3
Mayo Clinic Doctor: 3
Skylight: 2
Gourmet: 9
TV: 7
Book: 4
Greenhouse: 2

Not bad for 10 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Me too please
0_o

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 13:24   Link #24823
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
A interesting choice, I thing I would go for:
- The full kitchen ( I am a cook so why would I want the gourmet food ? )
- The library
- The internet
- The top of the line computer ( only if you can't have the internet otherwise )
- The hygien product

So I would end p with either 29 or 35 points, depending .

BTW why a gun with 3 bullets, it either not so much or way too much.
Old 2013-02-11, 13:26   Link #24824
Sumeragi
Banned

Would people stop quoting the picture?

Quote:
Also you need TV to watch TV series/Movie and computer to have Game and Internet
You mean DVDs can't be used on the computer?
Old 2013-02-11, 13:31   Link #24825
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post

BTW why a gun with 3 bullets, it either not so much or way too much.
so you can kill yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You mean DVDs can't be used on the computer?
...now you mention it. i think you can

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 13:36   Link #24826
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
so you can kill yourself
If so, why 3 ? 1 should be enough, no ?
Old 2013-02-11, 13:37   Link #24827
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
If so, why 3 ? 1 should be enough, no ?
Depends. People can actually survive being shot in the head, so you might as well get three chances to make sure.
Old 2013-02-11, 13:42   Link #24828
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

- Money up front
- Barry Bonds
- Gun
- Computer
- Video Games
- Booze

Get money up front, use gun on person forcing me into basement, frame Barry Bonds, take my stuff and leave.

RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 13:57   Link #24829
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Depends. People can actually survive being shot in the head, so you might as well get three chances to make sure.
Depends on the caliber.

Precision pistol technique taught often to special forces often emphasise "a bullet to the head", though technically, what is required to kill a person with a shot to the head is to induce shock to the brain, especially the frontal lobe. A .45 would be seriously more effective than a 9mm because of its larger mass that allows it to literally penetrate the skull and "bash the brain into submission" more effectively than a 9mm which would penetrate without exerting much force to the forehead.

It is the same idea as killing someone with your bare hands by punching him hard enough on his temple, except without his cranium protecting that grey matter in this case.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 14:08   Link #24830
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Depends on the caliber.

Precision pistol technique taught often to special forces often emphasise "a bullet to the head", though technically, what is required to kill a person with a shot to the head is to induce shock to the brain, especially the frontal lobe. A .45 would be seriously more effective than a 9mm because of its larger mass that allows it to literally penetrate the skull and "bash the brain into submission" more effectively than a 9mm which would penetrate without exerting much force to the forehead.

It is the same idea as killing someone with your bare hands by punching him hard enough on his temple, except without his cranium protecting that grey matter in this case.
And what about .22 long rifle ? I remember to have read somewhere than they do sometime ricochet inside the skull.
Old 2013-02-11, 14:25   Link #24831
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post

Get money up front, use gun on person forcing me into basement, frame Barry Bonds, take my stuff and leave.

I don't think anyone would believe that Barry Bonds has enough intelligence to use a gun. Better switch to the gym set, then frame Bonds for bludgeoning your captor with a dumbbell. That is more believable.

btw, if you are escaping anyway, you might as well take the 18 year old girl. Whether you are a man or woman, you can always use a hot 18 year old girl for something...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 14:27   Link #24832
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
And what about .22 long rifle ? I remember to have read somewhere than they do sometime ricochet inside the skull.
The idea of headshots are its "instakill" effect as the bullet impacts upon the brain and immediately gives it a BSOD. Usually the human body would go into hibernation or automatic reboot (yes, our bodies have these systems, it is known medically as "coma" and "waking up"), but with the hardware destroyed, how is it going to reboot or even go into hibernation mode?

The person simply dies on the spot - i.e killed instantly. Any bullet that administers the incapacitation AND sufficient destruction of brain matter is a good round to put into the head. In fact, most bullets are effective at doing so, regardless of caliber because the frontal part of the skull is so hard, plus with the density of brain fluid, the force upon impact is usually enough to put it into a state of shock, or if not, destroy enough brain matter to shut down the rest of the body.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-02-11, 15:00   Link #24833
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
True story, for me at least:

For a second I thought, it's this LOTW parody again.
Old 2013-02-11, 15:05   Link #24834
Sumeragi
Banned

The stuff about the brain shots reminds me of Robert Alasdair Davidson Lawrence: During the Falklands war, he was almost killed when a bullet fired by an Argentine sniper tore off the side of his head, a 7.62x51 mm round passing through the rear of his skull, to emerge at his hairline above his right eye and taking out 43% of his brain. He survived and is still living.
Old 2013-02-11, 15:37   Link #24835
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

btw, if you are escaping anyway, you might as well take the 18 year old girl. Whether you are a man or woman, you can always use a hot 18 year old girl for something...
Ha, you say that as if I haven't already considered that option:
1) The 18 year old was 18 points as opposed to Barry Bonds' 7, and no way am I giving up that computer or booze.

2) The idea of framing Barry Bonds is too funny.

3) If I have $10 million I don't think I have to worry about being able to get hot 18 year old girls.

Yeah, I definitely thought too much about this.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 15:48   Link #24836
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Speaking of headshots, here's an interesting and funny video discussing the topic:

YouTube

Oh video games, you're my favorite teacher.~

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2013-02-11 at 16:01.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 17:05   Link #24837
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
The stuff about the brain shots reminds me of Robert Alasdair Davidson Lawrence: During the Falklands war, he was almost killed when a bullet fired by an Argentine sniper tore off the side of his head, a 7.62x51 mm round passing through the rear of his skull, to emerge at his hairline above his right eye and taking out 43% of his brain. He survived and is still living.
The theory is that it did not destroy his entire frontal lobe or the "small brain" (which was in charge of breathing). Another theory is that the bullet did not get stuck in his brain because a bullet of that size could have circuited out the neurons and left him dead. He is as miraculous as the brain-damaged survivor who had a steel bar run through his entire head by a dynamite explosion.

Even so, it is possible for people with physically damaged brains or naturally dysfunctional brains to learn everything else normal people could due to brain plasticity. The issue with people getting "slower to learning as they grow older" is not the issue with loss of brain cells, it is due to weakened motor-coordination skills that makes feeding sensory data for processing into the brain much slower.

The brain is a black box that we barely understood. Though it is a wonder that we rarely use most of the grey stuff inside there, and even subconsciously, don't use it at all. Talk about stupid moments - here is a short video to demonstrate the sudden loss of higher cognitive functions after being watched :

Can I take Alice home?

Old 2013-02-11, 17:10   Link #24838
Zakoo

I want the same with koishi nue or suwako.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 17:21   Link #24839
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Old 2013-02-11, 17:24   Link #24840
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Images

For Sumeragi you can replace 18 years old girl with 2 9-years old shota
Hmm..

I was wondering what is that 40 points option for, considering who will spend 10 years underground without getting paid a dime....Especially if you pick one less item, you will earn 5 mil. And then i realised that you can pick the "all videos" option and 2 x "stunningly attractive girl".... and it's not possible to do that with 35 points

Tags
humor