AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-30, 10:12   Link #42361
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Pfffffffft we all know the only path is the one that leads summer to winter.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 10:20   Link #42362
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*resisting Beta-Mode* Just some conjuration problems with some of the sentences... Sorry, I was was a Teaching Aide to an English teacher for a while - grading papers. @_@

So when Ichika's death 'comes', seems like the entire ISA will be in an uproar and eager to follow the two remaining Orimura siblings into battle for vengeance for losing their Ichika... at least that's what some of the more 'romantic' thinking ones would like to believe. Although I'm pretty sure that Chifuyu would tear her room apart after issuing the order to stand down or whichever when she was away from everyone. Or that's what *I* would like to believe...
Old 2013-04-30, 10:25   Link #42363
Eratas123

Would any of them accept a harem end?
Old 2013-04-30, 10:27   Link #42364
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Considering dungeon crawler Chifuyu's past. Is it reasonable for her to breakdown or am I the only one seeing it?

Harem end? No.
Old 2013-04-30, 10:34   Link #42365
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Either majority surrendered, harem end, or death ensues.

So yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
*resisting Beta-Mode* Just some conjuration problems with some of the sentences... Sorry, I was was a Teaching Aide to an English teacher for a while - grading papers. @_@
I don't speak English in real life, and my writing seems to range from night incomprehensible to somewhat passable.

No less than three beta refuse until I met Blitz

Quote:
So when Ichika's death 'comes', seems like the entire ISA will be in an uproar and eager to follow the two remaining Orimura siblings into battle for vengeance for losing their Ichika... at least that's what some of the more 'romantic' thinking ones would like to believe. Although I'm pretty sure that Chifuyu would tear her room apart after issuing the order to stand down or whichever when she was away from everyone. Or that's what *I* would like to believe...
No worries, just typical shonen death scene, just more scientifically plausible and accurate.

"He's back" indeed
Old 2013-04-30, 10:35   Link #42366
Eratas123

Does the IS actually heal the pilot or what?
Old 2013-04-30, 10:41   Link #42367
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nay, just keep him from TRUE death

Want to put as little handwave as possible, the fact that Ichika require rehabilitation for days afterward might help easing the disbelief.
Old 2013-04-30, 10:45   Link #42368
Eratas123

What the IS AI? How advanced is it?
Old 2013-04-30, 10:47   Link #42369
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Sure, just send me the 'DocX' transfer thing over FFNET when you get a chance. I shall strike down all conjuration imps with the hammer of justice!

And for making Dungeon Crawler Chifuyu breaking down... what sort of breakdown did you have in mind? There's the 'crumbling/crying' breakdown aka 'being emo/crying and retreating into oneself' and then there's the 'shattering/rage' breakdown aka 'snapping/destroying everything in sight'.
Old 2013-04-30, 10:48   Link #42370
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Most I.S. AI are as advanced as mute people. They can do stuff, think and feel. Just that for them to work, they need a pilot, and the pilot need to sync with the AI to assume full control (better sync = better result).

Some AI are more advanced, for example, Gospel AI can forcibly take over the I.S. working. Golem AI is automated from the start. And Chloe is mostly self explanatory (not true AI). ByakuShiki (and Setsura) can communicate when the pilot is unconscious, but it's mostly due to natural age and development.

@ Tempest
Thanks
Old 2013-04-30, 11:01   Link #42371
Eratas123

@ Senpai - How do you think an Organic IS would work?

Side note - Did yoy watch Suisei no Gargantia? If you're worried about it turning into Madoka 2.0, then don't: Urobochi only wrote episode 1 and the other episodes are written by somebody else. And it was confirmed that "The anime is for people who are integrating to society. We're showing that you shouldn't be afraid to step out of college and enter working society". Doesn't sound like the kind of thing that'll devolve into a slaughterfest.
Old 2013-04-30, 11:01   Link #42372
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The crying one. Tabane is happy either way.
Old 2013-04-30, 11:04   Link #42373
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Uguu~ To make Chifuyu cry... I need time to 'storm' a bit... give me a few...
Old 2013-04-30, 11:13   Link #42374
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - How do you think an Organic IS would work?
Work like usual, except the flesh must accommodate the presence of machine and vice versa.

Prosthetic had issues with allergy reaction, you see...

It's also possible provided that 'Organic' in this sense doesn't mean flesh and blood, just something that work like one.

Quote:
Side note - Did yoy watch Suisei no Gargantia? If you're worried about it turning into Madoka 2.0, then don't: Urobochi only wrote episode 1 and the other episodes are written by somebody else. And it was confirmed that "The anime is for people who are integrating to society. We're showing that you shouldn't be afraid to step out of college and enter working society". Doesn't sound like the kind of thing that'll devolve into a slaughterfest.
Want to, but my bandwith is limited these days.
Old 2013-04-30, 11:24   Link #42375
Eratas123

Apparently, Kuu/Chloe is an organic IS. But really, how would that work? Flesh would rip apart trying to replicate IS powers.

Really? The sites are extremely fast.
Old 2013-04-30, 12:03   Link #42376
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

For Chifuyu to cry, she would have to be rendered utterly 'helpless'. Not so much physically, but rendered helpless within her own head. I can see a complete breakdown IF Madoka doesn't fully forgive her for leaving her, and Ichika and Co manage to come in at the absolute WRONG time. To break her, Tabane has to isolate Chifuyu emotionally. The harder she becomes, the more brittle she becomes as well.

Spoiler for So hard to do impromtu emotional scenes... @_@:

Something like that, I can imagine the 'invincible' Chifuyu just giving up on everything, at least for a while until she decides that she'll destroy Tabane once and for all, and damn the world if it gets in her way. She'll become like Roberta did in Black Lagoon after her master was killed and she went out for revenge. If that doesn't send a shiver, I don't know what would. Chifuyu, acting like Roberta, in an IS.

'nuff said, get ready for Armageddon, o world.

"I am the White Void... I am the Black Steel... I am, the Merciless Sword. With blade in hand, I shall reap the sins of this world and purge it in the fires of destruction. Those who hear my voice shall weep and despair, those who see my blade shall cease forever more - for I am Chifuyu Orimura. THE END...has come."

Last edited by Tempest35; 2013-04-30 at 12:13.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 13:11   Link #42377
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
For Chifuyu to cry, she would have to be rendered utterly 'helpless'. Not so much physically, but rendered helpless within her own head. I can see a complete breakdown IF Madoka doesn't fully forgive her for leaving her, and Ichika and Co manage to come in at the absolute WRONG time. To break her, Tabane has to isolate Chifuyu emotionally. The harder she becomes, the more brittle she becomes as well.

Spoiler for So hard to do impromtu emotional scenes... @_@:

Something like that, I can imagine the 'invincible' Chifuyu just giving up on everything, at least for a while until she decides that she'll destroy Tabane once and for all, and damn the world if it gets in her way. She'll become like Roberta did in Black Lagoon after her master was killed and she went out for revenge. If that doesn't send a shiver, I don't know what would. Chifuyu, acting like Roberta, in an IS.

'nuff said, get ready for Armageddon, o world.

"I am the White Void... I am the Black Steel... I am, the Merciless Sword. With blade in hand, I shall reap the sins of this world and purge it in the fires of destruction. Those who hear my voice shall weep and despair, those who see my blade shall cease forever more - for I am Chifuyu Orimura. THE END...has come."
Mind of steel Chifuyu yea!!!! xD To save another, means another cannot be saved...

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 14:39   Link #42378
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Shucks... I kinda feel Chifu-drained after that one...

Spoiler:

And now, for some crack: IS x Mai Otome. 'Storming' now...
Old 2013-04-30, 17:39   Link #42379
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Apparently, Kuu/Chloe is an organic IS. But really, how would that work? Flesh would rip apart trying to replicate IS powers.
Not always, it is possible that I.S. parts just materialize out of thin air like usual, or

Did I mention Ichika's trick? Oh yeah, that too. Look at Kanzashi as reference. She doesn't have I.S. gauntlet and yet could got to CQC combat.

Quote:
Really? The sites are extremely fast.
No, I mean internet quota.

I can only use so much before it plummet to the speed of 90s Modem. By that point even browsing forum is a PITA

(Wish I'm kidding)

Quote:
Shucks... I kinda feel Chifu-drained after that one...

Spoiler:

And now, for some crack: IS x Mai Otome. 'Storming' now...
To be honest, I think it depends on the countries. Modern, liberal countries such as USA or France would be much less affected rather than conservative nation like say, China and Japan.

So it's like real world, just flipped.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-04-30 at 17:51.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 18:33   Link #42380
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Close enough I suppose

Tabane: that's right Chi-chan . Your hands are stained. No one will hold them. Not these people and not Ichika. *Embraces Chifuyu from behind* but I will hold you regardless.

Chifuyu: why? Why can't I kill you?

Tbane: because I am the last thing you've yet to destroy. My protector.

I think my rendition of Tabane is more sly than hyper >.>

Also, how can Ichika sve ther world when he's dead?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest