AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 12 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 32 22.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 29.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 20.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 7.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 6.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 2.82%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.11%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.11%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-27, 17:26   Link #141
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Have you watched the last portion, after the ending credits? Mochizuki and Teshigawara do provide the tape for future generations.
Didn't realize there was something after the credits...usually I'd see the ending credits begin and stop watching. Will go back to see that last part. Thanks.

Then I suspect another mass killing will occur again in the future as well. ):

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-03-27, 17:41   Link #142
Senshigeia

I actually found myself laughing with so many deaths :3
Anyway, I never thought I would be able to watch through all the story, I truly hate horror movies/stories. BUT, Another was different: the wonderfulness of the art, the plot, the mystery of the whole story and the hope of seeing a love spark between Misaki and Koichi kept me hooked episode after episode. The only thing I regret is not seeing those two kissing, or dating, though I think they are really close (the phone calls promises and the amusement part invitation are signs).

As for the out come, I kept thinking who was the death one: Reiko was the last person whom I would think of - the bird was creepy and gave a hint about it in the end...

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-03-27, 17:48   Link #143
Morisato

So how many people died in total?

Surely it was more than 10...
Old 2012-03-27, 18:38   Link #144
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Looking at the events summary, it seems like the phenomenon was trying to play connect four with the class roster.

...and won.

And as a side-note Kouichi couldn't have walked in the fire like that without breathing apparatus and fire protection clothing; and even with those he'd still be in trouble very quick.
Old 2012-03-27, 19:28   Link #145
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Sugiura - dead
Ogura - dead
Sakuragi - dead
Akazawa - dead
Matsui - dead
Mizuno (Sanae) - dead
Fujioka - dead

FML

Out of all the characters I liked only Mei, Kakinura and Arita survived.
Old 2012-03-27, 19:34   Link #146
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Well yes, she suffered a massive blood loss because of the injuries, and thus died.
thank you, its just what i thought. Arita Matsuko's surprising survival made me doubt Akazawa somehow survived.
Old 2012-03-27, 19:45   Link #147
mentat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
^
I hope you remembered that from the start the director is the same guy who turned the last two episodes of Blood-C into a bloodbath. Expect a slow buildup at first, and then a sudden storm of violence and bloodshed in the final two episodes.

Fixed. Thanks, I missed those three.
Spoiler for Revision 2:

*Plays The X-Files theme music.*
My OCD is kicking in so I just have to point this out... the girl who sits between Akazawa and Ogura apparently survives the falling chandelier. She can be seen sitting in Chibiki's car on the left edge of the screen here:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-27, 19:54   Link #148
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I wonder how the guy was that killed Reiko/Mikami.

and fuckin lol at the end. Why trouble yourself by making another tape and hiding it for next year's class 3? WHY
Old 2012-03-27, 20:19   Link #149
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
and fuckin lol at the end. Why trouble yourself by making another tape and hiding it for next year's class 3? WHY
Analog tape is dead, man. They have to make one for the children of the 21st century, when Sony MiniDiscs are the dominant audio format.

... Oh sh-
Old 2012-03-27, 20:49   Link #150
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

But I wonder why hide the tape? Shouldn't the faculty know about this possible solution? On the other hand, I can certainly come up with several reasons why they would want to hide the tape...

It is a good forethought that they added a strong note of caution to the future class audience to think carefully before doing what they did or an all out massacre will occur again.

On another note, wouldn't the curse be stopped if they shut down Yomi North entirely? It seems that the curse only afflicts those in that particular school. Other schools that also have 9th graders in class 3-3 don't get killed.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-03-27, 20:49   Link #151
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that was a rough ending. Glad Mei survived, but lost a lot of good characters. Could at least of kept Akazawa alive. That just sucked.

Oh well in the end not a bad series. Things got a bit stupid at the end with some of those deaths (to be fair some were really stupid from the start). But wasn't bad getting into the mystery and trying to figure things out.

But will still likely forget about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I wonder how the guy was that killed Reiko/Mikami.

Why not? It's not like they dealt with the core problem of the calamity repeating itself. Creating an extra format of the information may help people down the road. Plus needed to add a 'don't go crazy and kill each other to figure out who the extra is'. They at least deserve the chance to make a choice though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
But I wonder why hide the tape? Shouldn't the faculty know about this possible solution? On the other hand, I can certainly come up with several reasons why they would want to hide the tape...

It is a good forethought that they added a strong note of caution to the future class audience to think carefully before doing what they did or an all out massacre will occur again.

On another note, wouldn't the curse be stopped if they shut down Yomi North entirely? It seems that the curse only afflicts those in that particular school. Other schools that also have 9th graders in class 3-3 don't get killed.
I'm guessing they are hiding the tape because otherwise it might be lost. People are going to forget about things surrounding this incident and that may include the tape itself. But can see the reason for wanting the facility to have it as well. Suppose they made the tape so their call.
Old 2012-03-27, 21:24   Link #152
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

They should have upload it to the internet for future download...

...oh wait, it was still dail up
Old 2012-03-27, 23:12   Link #153
Uberchu

This episode didn't feel very impacting if you ask me. For some reason it felt sort of empty. The revelation that Reiko was the Another seemed to come out of nowhere if you ask me. Yes, I know there were "clues," but those "clues" didn't feel like clues but like stuff you just looked back in hindsight and said, "Oh that's why."

If it were up to me the Another should have been Mochizuki. You see, he should have been the Another two years ago, where he attempted to either rape or kill Ms. Mikami, explaining her terrible experience as teacher two years ago. Now, he's reborn as the Another a second time, explaining his apparent attraction to Ms. Mikami. Because who said you can't be reborn a second time? It'd certainly fit the horror series if this was true.

Just my little fan-fic. XD
Old 2012-03-27, 23:27   Link #154
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
What shocked me is how "good people" turned "berserk" at the end... attempting to kill the one they suspect without hesitation... its like "to kill or be killed" mentallity.... Knives were everywhere...!!!
Old 2012-03-27, 23:35   Link #155
anfera103

What was the trigger to the curse? since it wasn't talking to the nonexistent student like everyone believe
Old 2012-03-28, 01:02   Link #156
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Are you fucking kidding me? The cast just wrecked every likable character in this story. Mei's kinda cute, but with Mei not giving a shit and nor does Kouchi even though everyone fucking died and w/e. And poor Izumi. She died in such a retarded fashion for this show that I couldn't be fucked to understand what was going on. I mean, even No.6 had a better ending than this. Fucking hell, PA, lol, pacing.

And this was me coming in expecting another Higurashiish lol-fest. But this was just not a good way of ending this series.

Ah screw you PA, even if you didn't come up with the source. I voted it a 1/10 because this is definitely the pits for this series, but I think the true rating is closer to 4.5 Minkofaces

On the good side, lol@ the Shana music, same composer here.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-03-28, 01:57   Link #157
MartianMage

Well just watched the episode... Crappy direction again... Seriously why is Mei acting like a zombie when someone close is out for her head PA Works is overdoing the cool girl act.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2012-03-28, 02:12   Link #158
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentat View Post
My OCD is kicking in so I just have to point this out... the girl who sits between Akazawa and Ogura apparently survives the falling chandelier. She can be seen sitting in Chibiki's car on the left edge of the screen here:

Spoiler:
Bloody... Okay, I'll see what I could do. Missed that because the vid was too dark.

As for the director... I wonder what kind of grass he'd smoked out after killing nice characters? Anyhow, he shouldn't be doing horror stuff.
Old 2012-03-28, 04:40   Link #159
Shock Cat

I like this anime...
at first, instead of killing some of cute girls, I really wanna see how the protagonist and mei misaki solve the real source of the mystery.....
but then, in 12 episode, the real thing, or maybe what part I like the most is ....
when Mei Misaki explain the whole situation to protagonist......
when the first dead occured.....
when protagonist and his group search for the clues for stop the calamity....
it's the real horror I must say.....
Killing with so many abnormalities and so instant death, left nothing but a bad taste in my mouth after watching it, hahahahaha
not really like the last episode, since my favorite character, akazawa is pierce to dead, and that's mean Mei Misaki have no Love Rival now, it's just so... boriing hihihihihihihihihhihi

but then, since it's last episode, I still have to say, it's awesome..

I wonder if I can see more akazawa, haha..... T^T
Old 2012-03-28, 04:52   Link #160
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Well just watched the episode... Crappy direction again... Seriously why is Mei acting like a zombie when someone close is out for her head PA Works is overdoing the cool girl act.
because partly she gets to be blamed for everything. because she knew for sometime who the ANOTHER was but never told it. Mei knows it's partly her fault too so she just doesn't want to react to people who want to kill her
Closed Thread