AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-13, 23:07   Link #181
Sol Falling

Chapter 51 is out...I won't say it was hilarious (though who knows, maybe you will), but I will say it was damned funny. We've got a return of the precog girl from Nagumo's backstory, who I nearly forgot about (again). lol yup, I need to reread etc. etc. On other things, after you guys pointed out the reference in Yuuhi's 'attack name' from last chapter, I became a bit more curious about the other attack names revealed in this one. Any interesting references in Hakudou/Akane's abilities? Also, more generally about attack names, anybody feel like making a list? For all the beast knights, I mean. I think they've all been revealed now.

11eye's armour/skin seems godly, seriously. Although, power-wise, it seems (from last chapter) like Yuuhi's new ability is also a fairly subtantial powerup, I still don't really think he can contribute any direct damage. The only character who I am thinking has a chance at cracking Maimakterion's skin is actually Sami, but she couldn't really get a good hit on him last time. Given that, I guess what I'm predicting/interesed in seeing/hoping for is for Yuuhi to use his domain control on the princess, which would be just epic. I'm pretty sure that they could beat Mr. 11 using that strategy.

Anyway, the "Intellectuals?", "Warriors?" and "Hooligans" categorizations were great. Hilarious.

Nagumo's conversation with Hakudou at the end seemed thematically significant. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if The Biscuit Hammer == despair, then Animus == despair. Following from that, conversely, Anima == hope. lol, kinda lame and simplific, maybe, I know, but follow me:

Jung's definition of a person's 'Anima' is a man's feminine 'inner self'. Similarly, 'Animus' is a woman's masculine 'inner self'. So if we take Animus as 'despair', and apply that as the 'inner self' of a female character, we get Samidare. Correspondingly, of course, Yuuhi's 'inner self' would be 'hope'. lol, I dunno. Makes sense to me.

Extending from that, then, since the Biscuit Hammer is Animus's symbol of despair, I'm (wildly) speculating that there's another object, corresponding to Anima and 'hope', and that's where Yuuhi was looking from in his vision. lol, what would be the opposite of a hammer, guys? Quick, gimme some ideas.

Still though, on the other hand, I might prefer the speculations above to be wrong :P. As I was saying, Jung and Freud's conceptions of the masculine and the feminine might have been kinda black and white, maybe somewhat too binary, and I know that's no longer very proper in the socially progressive environment of today. I know I might have some problems myself with a generalization like 'man's inner self' == hope and 'woman's inner self' = despair. I suppose later chapters will tell what's really up. lol, and so on that note: great chapter, I want MOAR .
Old 2010-05-13, 23:55   Link #182
Xacual

Since you asked for an ability list, I thought I'd contribute a quick few
Tarou: Aragami
Hangetsu: Houtengeki
Yuuhi: Houtengeki(acquired from Hangetsu), Babylon
Hanako: Kusakabe
Akane: Pandora
Subaru / Yuki: The Strongest Spear and The Invincible Shield

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-05-14, 05:33   Link #183
Kagekyuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Tarou: Aragami
Hangetsu: Houtengeki
Yuuhi: Houtengeki(acquired from Hangetsu), Babylon
Hanako: Kusakabe
Akane: Pandora
Subaru / Yuki: The Strongest Spear and The Invincible Shield
Otherwise, just go to the TvTropes page.
Old 2010-05-14, 06:11   Link #184
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Oh my, the "hooligan" categorization made me chuckle. I would place Hanako in intellectuals seeing how she used her powers in this chapter but maybe that's just me.
Old 2010-05-14, 06:40   Link #185
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Lmao @ Hooligans Looks like Maimakterion is Shimaki's prey. Too bad his golem died so fast, I think it looked cool! Well, he still got a few days to improve.
Quote:
since the Biscuit Hammer is Animus's symbol of despair, I'm (wildly) speculating that there's another object, corresponding to Anima and 'hope', and that's where Yuuhi was looking from in his vision. lol, what would be the opposite of a hammer, guys? Quick, gimme some ideas.
Hmm, I could say something stupid like "the sun", but it would be too underwhelming. I won't make any predictions involving Animus, there's just too much that could happen.
Old 2010-05-14, 07:57   Link #186
ellifeedn
Thinker

The ability list feels incomplete. Could you list what each ability does?
Old 2010-05-14, 10:17   Link #187
Vree

Anima in a beret. I can die happily now.
Old 2010-05-14, 10:47   Link #188
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Tarou: Aragami, ignition of flammable materials
Hangetsu: Houtengeki, Spear-like domain
Yuuhi: Houtengeki(acquired from Hangetsu), Babylon (buff himself, debuff others)
Hanako: Kusakabe, forcefully freezes water
Akane: Pandora, reverses time
Subaru / Yuki: The Strongest Spear and The Invincible Shield, the name says it
Edit for ability description
Old 2010-05-19, 18:03   Link #189
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

The 11th is interesting. It's too bad his desire to become something more than he is probably won't be realized. He's gotta go down eventually, after all.
Old 2010-05-19, 18:04   Link #190
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Chapter 52 was really cute.

Spoiler for 52:

Yuuhi gonna get caught!

Upside down is scary~
Old 2010-05-19, 18:15   Link #191
Xacual

It's pretty smart of him to deliberately let himself get caught some of the time though. It's good strategy to make possible enemies underestimate you.

I can't wait for 53 to see what Shimaki decided on doing with his golems.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2010-05-19 at 21:55.
Old 2010-05-19, 19:58   Link #192
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
moéééééééééé

that kinda sums up this chapter i guess^_^
Old 2010-05-19, 20:54   Link #193
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I think I fell in love.

Now I want Amamiya to lose, badly, just so he would be forced to answer her. Fish him out girl!
Old 2010-05-19, 21:21   Link #194
Grey

Spoiler for Chapter 52:
Old 2010-05-20, 01:21   Link #195
Sol Falling

Epic chapter lol. That's kinda the usual for this manga though...

Art seemed a bit weird/rough this chapter. Hmm, iunno.

Yuuhi is super cool jumping around like that. lol, I might be jealous. Anyway, it really looks like everyone powered up a bit. I'm particularly interested in what Subaru/Yuki/Mikazuki's new thing is exactly. Enough power to take on the 12th? Fascinating.

The 11th has turned out to be a pretty awesome character. "Bring it on, humans!!" Pride, jealousy, and rage. I love it.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2010-05-20 at 01:33.
Old 2010-05-20, 01:30   Link #196
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hahaha, getting hung upside down is scary...no wonder Noi doesn't like it The chapter was funny but had its mystery moments, mainly Shimaki's "anything will do" when he was working so hard to make a stronger golem and the trio's new attack. Looking forward to 53!
Old 2010-05-20, 03:54   Link #197
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Best panel had to be Yaako's image of catching Yuuhi. So so cute.
Old 2010-05-20, 16:31   Link #198
tsunade666

I think the best would be when she invites him to eat on her house or when she said that if she manage to beat them then yuuhi would end up going out with her.
Old 2010-05-21, 04:17   Link #199
Wrath88
Kissing...

'Even though it's perfectly okay for you to stay over'. <- Some relationships won't move forward without a third party to say this to the would-be couple.

They really got me wanting the next chapter given how it stops just as they're going for the attack.
Old 2010-05-21, 18:29   Link #200
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I think the best would be when she invites him to eat on her house or when she said that if she manage to beat them then yuuhi would end up going out with her.
He didn't agree to it, he only said he'd think about it.

I dismissed it as an obvious no at first, but after thinking about it, if he lost then maybe he'd be too ashamed to be around the Princess. Maybe he'd feel he wasn't worthy or something. If that's the case, then maybe he'd actually say yes.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, seinen