AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2021-02-20, 16:22   Link #1801
Twi

Marie Route 5 has finished being translated apparently.

Finally read though it.

I'll admit, I kind of want to see Dark Olivia and Marie throwing hands with each other over Leon, because they do not share. I mean, I kind of expected she would just try to forcefully possess Marie to get the best of both worlds, but nope. She's just going to assassinate her according to the spirit that's chill with them now.

But Julius has really gotten out of control. I would legitimately not be surprised if he ended up killing the other four for Olivia at this point. I mean at least in the main series they're pretty tight niche with each other, but here the competition is a lot less friendly.

Edit: And finally did a review.

Last edited by Twi; 2021-02-21 at 00:22.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 04:51   Link #1802
n0m@n
C-Z

Volume 8 is coming out on 30th June.
Let's see what the LN version of the third saga will be like.

Quote:
GCノベルズ
6/30発売
●せっかくチートを貰って異世界に転移したんだから、好きなように生きてみたい 8 【著:ムンムン/絵:水龍敬】
●乙女ゲー世界はモブに厳しい世界です 8 【著:三嶋与夢/絵:孟達】
●異世界転移したら愛犬が最強になりました ~シルバーフェンリルと俺が異世界暮らしを始めたら ~ 2 【著:龍央/絵:りりんら】
Old 2021-04-16, 15:54   Link #1803
sasabit

Wow I like marie so there's a marie route? How does that work? Is it harem too, like she's sole heroine/ main love interest? Do they still have feelings when they find out their previous life identities?
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 16:44   Link #1804
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasabit View Post
Wow I like marie so there's a marie route? How does that work? Is it harem too, like she's sole heroine/ main love interest? Do they still have feelings when they find out their previous life identities?
"Marie Route" is a Bonus Web Novel, that Author releases at the same time when a new Light Novel volume is released (been doing that since LN v03).

The main point that "Marie Route" differentiates from the Main Story is that, it is sort of the plot which goes towards the "Bad End" for the Game Protagonist aka., Olivia, since she doesn't have the direct support Leon (or a Player Character).

It follows the Harem Route story for Olivia, in which Leon is able to stop Maria before she messes things up. But that in turn puts a lot of pressure on Olivia, and when she gets those 3 Saint items, she ends getting possessed by the Ancient Saint spirit who is hell bent on taking down the Kingdom, because it had betrayed her and the person she cared about (which turns out to be an Ancestor of Leon's family, who was supposed to be the one to get the rule of the Kingdom, but was betrayed by the Ancestors of Julius and the other people who were supposedly the Founder of the Kingdom).

Also, originally in the plot, Olivia was meant to kill Angie, but the Player in the game and Leon in the Main Story, manage to avoid that, and she just ends up getting banished (because of the Player) or becoming friends with Olivia (because of Leon).

There are some more points, but since i didn't read Marie Route properly yet, i am not sure on those (waiting for it to end before i read it in one go).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 17:34   Link #1805
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
"Marie Route" is a Bonus Web Novel, that Author releases at the same time when a new Light Novel volume is released (been doing that since LN v03).

The main point that "Marie Route" differentiates from the Main Story is that, it is sort of the plot which goes towards the "Bad End" for the Game Protagonist aka., Olivia, since she doesn't have the direct support Leon (or a Player Character).

It follows the Harem Route story for Olivia, in which Leon is able to stop Maria before she messes things up. But that in turn puts a lot of pressure on Olivia, and when she gets those 3 Saint items, she ends getting possessed by the Ancient Saint spirit who is hell bent on taking down the Kingdom, because it had betrayed her and the person she cared about (which turns out to be an Ancestor of Leon's family, who was supposed to be the one to get the rule of the Kingdom, but was betrayed by the Ancestors of Julius and the other people who were supposedly the Founder of the Kingdom).

Also, originally in the plot, Olivia was meant to kill Angie, but the Player in the game and Leon in the Main Story, manage to avoid that, and she just ends up getting banished (because of the Player) or becoming friends with Olivia (because of Leon).

There are some more points, but since i didn't read Marie Route properly yet, i am not sure on those (waiting for it to end before i read it in one go).
Fortunately, I have not only read the Marie route but have done several reviews on why I think its the best route.

But essentially, Leon catches on that Marie is a reincarnator before she could steal any of Olivia's flags and the two exchange information. They then decide to quickly nip the war in the bud by stealing the flutes and focus on their own lives, thinking everything is going as scheduled.

Without needing to babysit the five, Marie doesn't need to be as scheming as she is in the main story. Since she and Leon effectively have someone who shares their old world sentiments, they get along pretty well. They also largely keep to their own inner circle and stay under the radar, with Marie getting the shut-in girls she watches over to hook up with Leon's friends and the other poorer nobles. That builds a lot of trust between them and leads to them being a lot closer.

However, they still have more domestic issues. Marie's family basically force their debt onto her, taking every penny she owns and eventually tries to sell her off. Leon either has to let it happen so the game can progress or he need to make a stand, so he goes over what Marie is to him and decides she's worth the cost. The resulting wedding-crash both establishes' Leon with a small faction and basically serves to get him engaged to Marie, solving his marriage problem. So they're pretty good until later on.

They also discover that one of the Saint Artifacts houses a vengeful spirit inside of it when it tries to possess Marie, revealing that she's also of the bloodline (Leon suspects there are more but they just didn't get recognized throughout history because why wouldn't anyone else flaunt it), but Marie kicks it out and Luxion locks it up. Then he goes off to deal with future plots.

However, because Leon doesn't directly intervene and throw things into disarray, we get a look at how the game was supposed to go and its shown on the game screen wasn't exactly accurate by showing how difficult Olivia's life was with having several suitors who are far higher in status than her. She can't say no to their advances out of fear they would pull rank, she gets bullied by jealous girls, she doesn't have time to study because they are consumed with trying to impress her, and she has to risk her life diving into the dungeon because she needs to pay for Kyle.

It's only after that, when she falls into the dungeon and stumbles upon the first artifact that we learn why her personality seemed so manipulative when Leon played the game. Namely, she gets possessed by her ancestor since she doesn't have as closed of a heart as Marie, and then begins to manipulate them with the intention of destroying the kingdom because their ancestors screwed over Leon's ancestor.

We see exactly how deep the Marquis was involved with her and how they planned out the war, watching as they effectively cripple the Kingdom bit-by-bit with assassination plots, scandals, and manipulation. Angie is basically left trying to pick of the pieces and talk Julius into his senses, but between the Saint's hypnotic voice (something that Olivia doesn't use nearly as much in the main story and for good reason) and his own naivety, he steadily goes against the very values he once stood for.

And that's only the first three entries.

Because its "Marie Route", she's the primary heroine and love interest. The issue of them being brother and sister in their previous life is basically sidestepped because they can't remember their original names and they have differing opinions on what their brother and sisters were like in the previous world. They've got decent chemistry and the romance is a slow-burn as the current time period is roughly around the same as the current books in their second year I believe.

Yet, the improvements in their lives don't come without costs. The war happens and the death toll is very notable with a tangible effect. Luxion being absent means Leon doesn't get to use him as a cheat code to solve all his problems off the bat, and because he doesn't have nearly as much political power he's a lot more vulnerable. There are real stakes and at times only the allies he's made through goodwill with Marie are the reason he hasn't gotten backed into more of a corner (and the fact that he sold his brother off to get married).

As for Angie and Olivia, they are kind of screwed here because most of the darker things happening in the story happen to them. Angie is basically watching her world burn and has no one she can trust, and Olivia is being possessed by something that is using her body and powers to kill innocent people and commit horrible atrocities, meaning both are virtually helpless at the same time. So if you're a fan of them it can be a tough read.

And I'm pretty sure all the Alzer people are dead.
Old 2021-04-16, 19:52   Link #1806
sasabit

Aww so they dont know they were siblings in the previous life? Will they ever find out eventually?
Old 2021-04-16, 20:00   Link #1807
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Aww so they dont know they were siblings in the previous life? Will they ever find out eventually?
They probably won’t, they had almost found that out in earlier chapter but Author Deus Ex Machina it away
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 06:01   Link #1808
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

I thought they weren't siblings in Maria's route.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 06:17   Link #1809
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I thought they weren't siblings in Maria's route.
They choose not to think further i think.. so they kinda ignore it
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 12:03   Link #1810
Twi

They are siblings, they just couldn't reconcile the difference between how they saw themselves and can't remember their former names. The author basically keeps dangling the fact that we the audience know while they don't, which I hate. Either pull the pin on the grenade or bury it.
Old 2021-04-17, 13:33   Link #1811
EvI

I'm guessing that by the end of the "Marie route" Leon will awake up and think how it's good that it never happened. xD
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 15:38   Link #1812
sasabit

Thats really annoying how the author makes it go away. I think they should find out and tangle with that problem on their own and come to terms with it... its super annoying how it get turned into a non-problem
Old 2021-04-17, 17:17   Link #1813
Huh...?

Quote:
Thats really annoying how the author makes it go away. I think they should find out and tangle with that problem on their own and come to terms with it... its super annoying how it get turned into a non-problem
Well, technically, it is a non-problem (considering its already covered in the Main Story).
Even if they do learn that they were brother-sister in the previous life, that doesn't mean they are in this life as well (both of them are of different bloodline). And any relationship between them would be much further away than marriage between Cousins which is legally allowed in Japan.

Not to forget, that both Leon and Marie were bro/sis-con in their previous life. So, this just give them chance to be a couple, without an implications. Which is probably why the Author is avoiding the topic.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-18, 21:36   Link #1814
sasabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Well, technically, it is a non-problem (considering its already covered in the Main Story).
Even if they do learn that they were brother-sister in the previous life, that doesn't mean they are in this life as well (both of them are of different bloodline). And any relationship between them would be much further away than marriage between Cousins which is legally allowed in Japan.

Not to forget, that both Leon and Marie were bro/sis-con in their previous life. So, this just give them chance to be a couple, without an implications. Which is probably why the Author is avoiding the topic.
Yeah but by trying to skirt over it/pretending it doesnt exist, it kinda makes it look like it would be a problem if he addressed it directly... I wanna see them be together after learning each other past identities
Old 2021-05-11, 17:40   Link #1815
Invincible Snek

I'm currently looking for something to read. Found this while looking at novel updates and since sevens is one of my fav wn, I want to know if this is good or not. Saw the reviews of dragoon by the same author and many people criticized that. So can you guys kindly tell me which of the novels by this author are good? Thanks.
Invincible Snek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-12, 01:24   Link #1816
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible Snek View Post
I'm currently looking for something to read. Found this while looking at novel updates and since sevens is one of my fav wn, I want to know if this is good or not. Saw the reviews of dragoon by the same author and many people criticized that. So can you guys kindly tell me which of the novels by this author are good? Thanks.
Chad asshole (toward anyone that piss him) MC ( but that is far too cautious regards original plot)
SUPER GREAT AI SIDE KICK, MC and AI intereaction is very gold
Good female Lead ( can be annoying sometime depend on person taste )
Nice side character ( despite some of them bring idiots )

Nice development for almost everyone
Super plot twist
Scifi element with Robot and Magic

Last edited by mickbis; 2021-05-12 at 01:40.
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-26, 17:36   Link #1817
SirCopert

Images
Cover Vol. 8
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
SirCopert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-26, 20:05   Link #1818
Twi

I have no idea who those are.
Old 2021-05-26, 20:10   Link #1819
SirCopert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I have no idea who those are.
They are Clarice and Deirdre
SirCopert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-26, 20:23   Link #1820
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCopert View Post
They are Clarice and Deirdre
Oooh. The one who didn't take her breakup with Jilk well and the one into BDSM. I didn't recognize them.

Edit: Wait, if Volume 8 is coming out does that mean a new Bonus Story for Marie Route is coming out soon?

Last edited by Twi; 2021-05-26 at 20:49.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, milf, ore tueeeeee(?), otome game, queen is viable, reincarnated mc, the true king, true harem