AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-13, 11:11   Link #21
Frontier

I have to wonder if for a brief second Sei wondered if they could use that bonus to buy her a new PS4, even though she knows that's impossible .

We finally get to see the proper Opening, and it's a very soothing and beautiful sequence as we see Sei as the Saint using her powers, ditching the glasses and ponytail, along with flashes of the rest of the cast and then Sei with the men in her life...but with particular focus on Albert as her true love interest .

Johan being so gung-ho about Sei's cooking kind of proves she was on-point about the quality of the cooking at the institute .

The Saint's power really is omnipotent. She can make super effective medicine, food, and makeup. She even managed to restore her vision to 20/20 with what was supposed to get rid of the bags under her eyes .

Wow, they wasted no time at all building up Sei and Hawke's relationship. She's already seen some handsome men in this world but Hawke immediately catches her eye and gets her blushing, and turns out to be exactly her type, and Hawke obviously seems interested in the woman who helped save his life. These two could hardly keep their eyes off each other the whole episode .

Takahiro Sakurai is playing yet another blonde, but Albert falls on the spectrum of a true noble and romantic knight, willing to sweep his lady off her feet and give her a princess carry via horseback. Super effective! And it seems he was pretty cold or closed off before he met Sei, which makes it even more effective .

Sei's visit the library nets her a new gal pal in Elizabeth, or Liz, a beautiful noble girl voiced by Reina Ueda who seems like she'll become Sei's closest confidante and fellow female perspective, as well as who will probably tease her the most about her relationship with Hawke .

Gotta feel bad for a girl self-conscious about her looks when she's got acne and another girl won't leave her fiance alone. But Liz is right that she shouldn't pretty herself up for a guy or to impress someone, but to make herself feel better .

Look at Jude just casually calling out how pretty Sei is. If I didn't know any better I'd accuse him of flirting with her .

The Ending is also pretty soothing and calm, as we see Sei walking all around the kingdom with some solid and various walking animations .
Old 2021-04-14, 10:46   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Another solid episode. Sei may keep it to herself, but she certainly has some blunt thoughts about this world at times . Although I wonder if it isn't so much that the food in this world is bad and the chefs don't know what they are doing as much as just a matter of preference. There are types of food in our own world I'd swear taste terrible that others would downright love. But I suppose this is going to go the route of anything brought from our world into a fantasy world is insanely good.

Sei getting a less life threatening meeting with the captain this episode. And naturally he's a perfect strike for her . Good thing she knows the value of keeping thoughts in her head or spending the whole time talking about how gorgeous the captain is would have been a bit embarrassing from her perspective .

It is going to be a harem series, but man Hawke is running away with the lead right now. Sure it was effectively his focus episode, but even his competitors didn't gain nearly that much ground in the first episode they were in.

Sei may just cause utter chaos in a number of industries thanks to her magical potency. Already creating quite the situation when it comes to potions, cooking, cosmetics, and who knows where it will end!

But I get the situation here was one she couldn't turn away from. Huge props though to Elizabeth. Sometimes a more active approach can win people over. Helped her make friends with Sei in the first place and help another friend to give the super lotion a shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I have to wonder if for a brief second Sei wondered if they could use that bonus to buy her a new PS4, even though she knows that's impossible .
I salute your realism of not suggesting she would go for a PS5. Now that would truly be impossible .
Old 2021-04-14, 21:32   Link #23
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Another solid episode. Sei may keep it to herself, but she certainly has some blunt thoughts about this world at times . Although I wonder if it isn't so much that the food in this world is bad and the chefs don't know what they are doing as much as just a matter of preference. There are types of food in our own world I'd swear taste terrible that others would downright love. But I suppose this is going to go the route of anything brought from our world into a fantasy world is insanely good.
I took the whole thing with Salutania's cuisine as being that its cooks aren't used to using herbs because they just haven't thought/discovered it yet. It's like how in RL history most herbs were seen as medicinal, and gradually people started finding out that it would taste good if cooked properly.

Salutanian society seems to be of the mindset that herbs = medical/potion ingredients, and assuming there isn't an abundance of herb supplies to play around with in cooking recipes, I could see them prioritizing all herbs as medical ingredients without stopping to think about its potential other uses. Until an outsider like Sei comes along.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-14, 23:01   Link #24
scififan

Sei's power is making her more beautiful. Should I say she is lucky? Meanwhile, the pretty girl who was transported to the kingdom along with Sei, is confined in the prince's chamber/harem?

The kingdom does not know what to do with Sei, so they let her explore anyplace in the kingdom. Their decision proves to be wise. She finds out what she can do to help the people around her.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-15, 00:33   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I took the whole thing with Salutania's cuisine as being that its cooks aren't used to using herbs because they just haven't thought/discovered it yet. It's like how in RL history most herbs were seen as medicinal, and gradually people started finding out that it would taste good if cooked properly.
I'm not sure that's true. It certainly doesn't make much sense, given that it would be much easier to find out if an herb tastes good than to ascertain its medicinal properties. And people have been using herbs in cooking since forever.

Quote:
Salutanian society seems to be of the mindset that herbs = medical/potion ingredients, and assuming there isn't an abundance of herb supplies to play around with in cooking recipes, I could see them prioritizing all herbs as medical ingredients without stopping to think about its potential other uses. Until an outsider like Sei comes along.
That may be true - potion ingredients may be too expensive to use merely for flavor. Especially since they work so well and they're permanently at war with monsters.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2021-04-15 at 02:10.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-15, 01:50   Link #26
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not sure that's true. It certainly doesn't make much sense, given that it would be much easier to find out if an herb taste good than to ascertain its medicinal properties. And people have been using herbs in cooking since forever.

This! It's not that people didn't know that herbs and spices could be used for cooking, it's just that for a long time most people especially in Europe had a limited variety of them. It wasn't until around Roman times that the spice trade really picked up. And, even then they were often expensive.
Old 2021-04-15, 21:27   Link #27
HandofFate

The spices and herbs thing is so silly in these isekais, especially given the civilization. Its not caveman, they have systems of government and trade, language, and math. But never realized to put spices in their food, which is probably the first thing any starting civilization does, putting just about anything in their mouth to survive to see if it bad.

Its as bad in Book Isekai where it was like "wow, never knew to boil things to make a soup!"
Old 2021-04-16, 01:15   Link #28
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

Its as bad in Book Isekai where it was like "wow, never knew to boil things to make a soup!"
They knew how to make soup. They just blanched the ingredients and threw away the water first because of some superstition.
Old 2021-04-20, 11:03   Link #29
Frontier

Sei's bare legs! Sei's unbuttoned collar revealing some cleavage! And then Hawke walks in at the perfect time! Sei recovered quick, but that was hilarious .

So are they going to color in all the new characters in the Opening as they appear? neat .

Hawke invites Sei on an excursion that basically turns into a date, complete with long and intimate handholding, eating, shopping, and plenty of cute moments between the pair .

Sei kept wanting ice and it turns out her knight is also an ice mage. Talk about your fated guy .

Hawke knows how to treat a lady. She sees a hair ornament that's too pricey? Make sure to get it for her on the sly as a gift and put in gems the color of your eye so she'll always think of you .

When your boss is very keen on your love life with his buddy...although everyone sees the relationship more clearly than Sei does, probably because she just doesn't think someone like her could get as lucky to have such a fantasy romance really happen to her, despite how obvious Hawke's intentions are .

Sei mastering her inner White Mage as she enchants some rocks with strong buffs and resistances to protect people with the help of Yuichiro Umehara. She was even able to get him to smile for a few seconds, which judging by the reaction of everyone is pretty rare .

Of course Sei wouldn't be remiss as to do all that enchanting without getting something special for Albert, which is enough to earn her a kiss on her hand. That apparently made her black out entirely until she ended up back home, which should tell you how effective it was .
Old 2021-04-20, 21:18   Link #30
Psyco Diver

This is turning into a nice wholesome show, I was expecting allot less and I'm glad I picked this show up
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-23, 18:35   Link #31
Itlandm
Porcupine

What a nice and relaxing show. Well, maybe it is more exciting for a female audience, but it seems very wholesome and nice. It is interesting to see how differently a female main character approaches having superpowers, compared to the typical male main characters in isekai stories.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-27, 11:11   Link #32
Frontier

So apparently there's this Grand Mage who has magic power on par with the Saint, but I guess they don't need him to confirm that Sei is the real Saint, but I wonder if he's going to wake up anyways? Although they say they can appraise Sei now, so maybe he did wake up ?

Sei so flustered about Hawke kissing her hand that she doesn't notice Jude and he surprises her into a spin with a watering can that she creates a mini-rainbow with. She really is a Saint .

Sei's smart enough to realize she's probably the Saint with all the inexplicable stuff she's done by this point, she just doesn't want to make a spectacle of herself and ruin the normal life she's carved for herself in this new world. Of course, the plot has other plans for her .

So, if this Aira girl isn't really the Saint and was basically propped up for that role because Prince Raj...I mean, Prince Kyle assumed it was her, what's next for her if Sei is revealed as the real Saint? She doesn't seem to have any real power or ability, but Kyle might make up a stink about it if it turns out he was wrong and ignored the real Saint. Can she end up with the normal, casual, life Sei might have wanted? I dunno, maybe all that time spent with Kyle developed into something more ?

Sei is too productive for her own good .

Sei's casual library visits net her a meeting with the king who hands her the book she needs to upgrade her magic to the next level. These library visits are proving very fruitful .

The Saint's Power really is Omnipotent when she can regrow limbs, restore someone's sight, and do a mass-healing spell. She's like the ultimate White Mage. I can understand how she couldn't leave well enough alone with so many good men left with the possibility of never being able to be knights again, but with how powerful she's shown off her abilities, I worry they're going to likely send her into battle in the field at some point .

But, even still, Sei did a good thing and helped people, and that's something she can be proud of. Especially with Johan and Hawke by her side .
Old 2021-04-27, 11:13   Link #33
EroKing
Version Zero

Episode 4

Not the kind of ass I'm used to watching in anime

Sei keeps growing with her powers. I wonder how much more OP she can get after she started learning magic. Been pretty wholesome so far and next week looks to be even more interesting with her scheduled to be appraised by the Grand Magus. The show does feel underrated though, wish more people give it a try.
Old 2021-04-27, 11:28   Link #34
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post

Not the kind of ass I'm used to watching in anime

Sei keeps growing with her powers. I wonder how much more OP she can get after she started learning magic. Been pretty wholesome so far and next week looks to be even more interesting with her scheduled to be appraised by the Grand Magus. The show does feel underrated though, wish more people give it a try.
Most girls get majestic horses. Sei gets a donkey .
Old 2021-04-28, 00:13   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'd say she's reaching OP protagonist levels at this stage. Once you can downright regenerate limbs you have hit the upper echelon white mage status. Not sure why we need to have her appraised at this point. She was summoned in a ritual designed to call forth a saint, she's got insane magical potential, and again...regenerating limbs. Give her the darn saint title and move on from there .

Honestly I feel worse for the other girl. For some reason this ritual brought her there without handing out any OP powers. Basically gets kidnapped to another world without even a cool bonus to go along with it. Just stuck and to throw it in she's left having to fill a role she doesn't have the ability to fill. Who knows what will happen to her. Eventually Sei will be revealed as the Saint and who knows what will happen to her then. No telling what skillsets she has or what possible niche she can find for herself. Things could even go downhill from there depending on how bad a guy the story wants to make the Prince.

Obviously Sei could have her own troubles ahead. But she's got OP powers and a bunch of good looking guys that support/respect her. Things could be far worse.
Old 2021-04-28, 02:44   Link #36
scififan

Quote:

Obviously Sei could have her own troubles ahead. But she's got OP powers and a bunch of good looking guys that support/respect her. Things could be far worse.
If Sei is that powerful, she will be able to return to Japan on her own. Back to Japan, she probably will learn that a girl called Arai is missing in her apartment in her home. Back to the life of Japan's "company livestock", Sei works from 9am to 12pm. Before she knows it, she becomes the most productive workers due to her holy magic. She rises to the position of CEO in no time.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 02:55   Link #37
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I'd say she's reaching OP protagonist levels at this stage. Once you can downright regenerate limbs you have hit the upper echelon white mage status. Not sure why we need to have her appraised at this point. She was summoned in a ritual designed to call forth a saint, she's got insane magical potential, and again...regenerating limbs. Give her the darn saint title and move on from there .

Honestly I feel worse for the other girl. For some reason this ritual brought her there without handing out any OP powers. Basically gets kidnapped to another world without even a cool bonus to go along with it. Just stuck and to throw it in she's left having to fill a role she doesn't have the ability to fill. Who knows what will happen to her. Eventually Sei will be revealed as the Saint and who knows what will happen to her then. No telling what skillsets she has or what possible niche she can find for herself. Things could even go downhill from there depending on how bad a guy the story wants to make the Prince.
Yeah. She's been summoned as part of Sei's OP powers. She's her decoy ability.
Old 2021-04-28, 05:10   Link #38
Alchemist007
*Author

"I healed everyone in the hospital, sorry."

"It's ok."
Old 2021-04-28, 13:45   Link #39
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
"I healed everyone in the hospital, sorry."

"It's ok."
"you worked hard to give me a casual and cool living environement and hide my opness from the rest of the castle so i could live in peace and i kinda just threw that all away in a showy display of power" is more like it
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-28, 15:50   Link #40
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Most girls get majestic horses. Sei gets a donkey .
Hey, it was good enough for Jesus.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote