AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-10-16, 09:45   Link #41
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
*read new chapter*
S$ED%&(FTGN/)Z(HMUJI;MNUZBGTVCXW$E/%B(&VNTIPOBUOVZCD!!!

YOU DIDN'T HAD TO DESTROY HER LIKE THAT! YOU DIDN'T HAD TO! YOU REALLY DIDN'T HAD TO DO IT LIKE THAT! GOD! WHY! ARGH! HELL! PAIN! SUFFERING! HURTS! JESUS SAVE MY BROKEN HEART!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah~
She didn't even got to confess before Komi-san before realizing she already lost from the start, oh man, oh man, oh man...
And then there is the 2nd play where she is supposed to play a happy, friendly princess....
And the date, gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood, the date with Tadano on the festival later on, good dear goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood~

This is one of the cruelest, heart-crushing, non-direct rejections I have ever read. This whole build-up with Manbagi realizing her feeling for Tadano, her accepting them, her talking about it, her working on the relationship with him, all that just for this moment.
GOD!
THIS IS SO CRUEL!
SO FRIKKING CRUEL!
HOW CAN A MANGAKA BE SO CRUEL TO SUCH A LOVELY WELL-WRITTEN CHARACTER?!?

I am so crushed, I need to read some Dungeon Meshi to get some other thoughts...
Well, I guess I made the right choice in not continuing to follow this one, I personally hate series that do unnecessary stuff like that. Seriously, if you have already established who the main couple is and there is next to no doubt about it, then why do you need to do this kind of thing? What the hell is wrong with Japan?

You know what would be even worse? If after this the two MCs don't end up getting together for some reason.
Old 2019-10-16, 14:44   Link #42
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Well, I guess I made the right choice in not continuing to follow this one, I personally hate series that do unnecessary stuff like that. Seriously, if you have already established who the main couple is and there is next to no doubt about it, then why do you need to do this kind of thing?
Well, for one, this chapter gained a whole lot of publicity. This thread was inactive for so long and, after this chapter got released, suddenly a whole lot of people came here to discuss it. Even you who claim to hate it came here to post(whine) about it. Not to mention that on a certain other site, the number of comments on this chapter is approaching 1000 as of the writing of this post.

Secondly, for this setting in particular, it has the potential for character development. Komi, who's main desire since the beginning was to make friends, has made so much effort to make friends and was so far pretty successful in it, might for once have to face the possibility that she might actually lose one.
Old 2019-10-16, 15:08   Link #43
dragon1412

I agree with this being good for publicity, and i also agree that it's way better to end it here rather than trying to drag out the drama, most of the romcom and sol manga tend to be destroyed when the author trying to prolong the unecessary triangle relationship. Though I think less discussion in here is perfectly normal, Komi chapter is generally very short and don't have much to talk about unless relationship centered such as this one
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-16, 16:49   Link #44
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
Well, for one, this chapter gained a whole lot of publicity. This thread was inactive for so long and, after this chapter got released, suddenly a whole lot of people came here to discuss it. Even you who claim to hate it came here to post(whine) about it. Not to mention that on a certain other site, the number of comments on this chapter is approaching 1000 as of the writing of this post.

Secondly, for this setting in particular, it has the potential for character development. Komi, who's main desire since the beginning was to make friends, has made so much effort to make friends and was so far pretty successful in it, might for once have to face the possibility that she might actually lose one.
Just because I discussed it doesn't mean it made me want to read it which is what is important to the manga. Besides, talking to the mangas' echo chamber about it =/= publicity, for that I would need to have talked about it to non fans who have the potential to become interested in said manga.
Old 2019-10-16, 22:15   Link #45
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I stopped last year from keeping up with the manga.

The fact they brought a romance "triangle" makes me raise an eyebrow.

Has Komi developed romantic feelings for Tadano? I bet not, teases from author at best and Komi being as dense as the average harem MC.

Has Tadano tried to convey his feelings? Does it even matter when Komi is going to pull a "eh? Nandatte?" as long as the author wishes it?

There's no bad publicity but it stills affects the overall quality of the series IMO.
Old 2019-10-17, 10:45   Link #46
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I stopped last year from keeping up with the manga.

The fact they brought a romance "triangle" makes me raise an eyebrow.

Has Komi developed romantic feelings for Tadano? I bet not, teases from author at best and Komi being as dense as the average harem MC.

Has Tadano tried to convey his feelings? Does it even matter when Komi is going to pull a "eh? Nandatte?" as long as the author wishes it?

There's no bad publicity but it stills affects the overall quality of the series IMO.
Komi has already stated more than once to her friends she has feelings for him though
Old 2019-10-18, 07:02   Link #47
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Like? Not love?
Old 2019-10-18, 13:59   Link #48
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Like? Not love?
In the context of "do you have someone you like", yes. As far as Japanese kids go that's the same thing. Using "ai" or "aishiteru" (love) is pretty rare even when talking about romantic feelings.
Old 2019-10-28, 13:34   Link #49
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Beating the dead horse.
Old 2019-10-28, 18:20   Link #50
James Rye

"I am not okay..."
God damn it, Komi-san to the rescue of broken heart!
Old 2019-10-28, 20:30   Link #51
grecefar

I feel kicked again.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-28, 23:31   Link #52
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
"I am not okay..."
God damn it, Komi-san to the rescue of broken heart!
Imagine the reception if this leads to still keep the status quo.
Old 2019-10-29, 00:53   Link #53
Lex79

Instant drop if that happens.
Old 2019-11-03, 20:17   Link #54
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Komi: Yes, he's a precious friend.
Manbagi: ...
Old 2019-11-04, 07:33   Link #55
James Rye

I think this is the most Komi-san ever talked.
Old 2019-11-04, 08:38   Link #56
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
I think this is the most Komi-san ever talked.
She talked to Rei-chan a lot.
Old 2019-11-04, 17:14   Link #57
James Rye

I think this is the most Komi-san ever talked to a Classmate.
Old 2019-11-11, 14:22   Link #58
XFire
150% done

Aaaaaaand Komi just openly admitted to someone else she's in love with Tadano.

Here we go.
Old 2019-11-11, 15:28   Link #59
grecefar

They both will confess and he will choose, there is no way now that komi will let manbagi get over him just like that.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-11, 15:59   Link #60
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Didn't she already kinda admit it to the girls she went on a school trip with? (Yoyo girl and shogi girl.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote