AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-01-17, 13:21   Link #81
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
It'd be worse if you knew what he was masturbating to.
Spoiler for LN spoiler?:
I...I don't even know what to say to this
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 13:22   Link #82
BWTraveller
Born to ship
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I knew our protagonist was kind of trashy, but masturbating in your room instead of going to your parents' funeral...to be honest, I don't blame his (presumably) siblings for beating the tar out of him and kicking him out. But at least in the end he was a good enough man to push himself to save those kids .

Speaking of those kids, we've got two boys and a girl. We saw one of the boys in an ambulance after the accident, while the boy and girl were missing. They seemed to be arguing about something .

Well, Rudy's Rudy, his parents have a very active sex life (Rudy's little sister incoming?), Roxy masturbates to her host family having sex, and then Rudy enjoys watching Roxy masturbate. Is the maid the only one in this house who isn't horny ?

Roxy is a demon? She definitely doesn't look the stereotype, but it seems like humanity and the demons were able to come together after the war. Well, all of them except the Superd .

So it seems like the major milestones in Rudy's life will be 5 (which he is now), 10, and 15. Roxy said she'll take his confession seriously when he's 10 years older, so I guess they'll reunite when he's 15 ?

Poor Roxy...questioning her own self-worth and whether she even deserves to be seen as Rudy's master when he's seemingly way more powerful and capable at magic than she is .

Well, looks like Rudy's taken to magic quicker than swordplay, but his dad doesn't seem like the most adept teacher. At least he got a nice sword for his birthday .

So Rudy was basically an overweight, Otaku, shut-in who was relentlessly bullied. I can't blame him for wanting to still just stay at home in his nice, pleasant, house with his family but it's not good to remain a shut-in your entire life, especially after being reincarnated .

Holy crud, Roxy killed the horse! Good thing she has healing magic .

Roxy may not have anything else left to teach Rudy, but she helped him overcome his trauma and move on from the person he used to be, and for that he will be eternally grateful towards her. She truly was his master .

When the maid catches you with stolen panties that you forgot about .

Well, looks like they're going the Re:Zero route of no Opening yet, but we did seemingly get the Ending, showing Rudy in his life and with the girls who he will meet (and will likely fall in love with him). One of which had green hair, so is she a Superd ?
He didn't just skip his parents' funeral, he was watching loli porn while masturbating. Apparently it was even worse in the WN. I'm not about to forgive him for wasting his time masturbating while they were having the funeral, but I kind of understand him not going. His high school life seriously traumatized him to the point that he couldn't leave the house without going into a panic; he probably couldn't go if he wanted.

Anyway, I actually think such disgusting beginnings help with a message here. No matter what you're like, even if you're the most awful, disgusting form of scum imaginable, with time and effort it's always possible to make a new man/woman of yourself. In that sense, it's really best that we see him throughout his childhood and adolescence. In a story about a guy struggling to make a better man of himself, you really can't just say "Ten years later" and have him suddenly be an awesome gentleman.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 13:45   Link #83
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I think he got isekaied with a second chance because he tried to save these 3 students, is something related to the reincarnation i guess, do not matter how much atrocities you did in your life, if you ask for forgiveness and do something good before you die you can have the salvation in the alterlife. Is something that the main character of such ideakis did often before they die.
I do not remember where, i read a chivalrous poem very similar in the past, that bad dude got salvation praying to god before the death but the god of the underworld got mad cause his soul got taken away into the heaven realm at the last minute so he destroy his human death body with the force of nature. <3
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 13:58   Link #84
grecefar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Blue Notes Blues
Well that was some brutal bullying he suffered.

Too bad no more roxy, is cool that even if he suprased her, he still think of her as his master. I hope to see their reunion in the future and even then he will call her master.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 15:01   Link #85
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That smile in the thumbnail is so trademark Megumin . She really owns that kind of smile that it's difficult for me not to think of her whenever a character did it.

That said, after watching that episode, I have to say "holy s**t!!" in regards to those bullies. Stripping a student inside the class is one thing but what kind of highschool bullies "crucified" their naked victim at the front gate of the school and openly mocked him? And what kind of school will let that happen in an age where everyone has a camera?? Even if the school doesn't care about the well-being of the students, they should care about their reputation and one of the teachers should really stop the bullies in the middle of their "crucifixion" activity (and those are a great number of bullies btw, almost like a gang). Those bullies are so OTT and on par with the highschool bullies from the current Yashahime who kidnapped an entire family and tied them to a tree just to draw out their victim .

My second reaction after watching this episode is: do some normal people really like to masturbate outside the room (where anybody can see) while peeking others having sex? I thought it was only a thing in hentai & porn??
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 15:44   Link #86
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Well "normal" people have access to internet and can get any lewd imagery from safety of their rooms...
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 16:03   Link #87
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well "normal" people have access to internet and can get any lewd imagery from safety of their rooms...
Exactly! Before the technology was even though of people either used you imagination or sneak a peek.
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 16:21   Link #88
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well "normal" people have access to internet and can get any lewd imagery from safety of their rooms...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Exactly! Before the technology was even though of people either used you imagination or sneak a peek.
I don't think even normal medieval people will masturbate in the hallway where anyone can spot them . People of the past civilization (especially with a status) cared more about honor, reputation and image. Especially since Roxy is a tutor. Imagine if Roxy work for other family and the student is not as "considerate" and blab to the parents. That would certainly endanger her job & reputation (if not end them).

Also, "masturbating in the hallway while peeking others" was a fetish of modern hentai & porn instead of something you read from medieval history or fiction/fantasy AFAIK.

I really think the writer got too carried away for that scene.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 16:43   Link #89
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
You are overthinking it. Roxy just simply got horny after stumbling on hot sex scene and forgot about "honor" or "reputation". Also even as someone who finished novels I don't recall many people obsessing with such values (well at least not in Asura kingdom, where Greyrats live).

Also medieval people certainly wasn't less horny then modern ones. Given lack of entertainment probably more. And honestly for those reasons when I seen that scene I certainly didn't felt any need think of it as gratuitous.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 17:10   Link #90
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
You are overthinking it. Roxy just simply got horny after stumbling on hot sex scene and forgot about "honor" or "reputation". Also even as someone who finished novels I don't recall many people obsessing with such values (well at least not in Asura kingdom, where Greyrats live).
"Masturbating in the hallway" is not something that we normally find in mainstream anime. It's a fetish/trope commonly found in hentai & porn or sexual comedy like Prison School etc. So please excuse me for voicing my getting weirded out by it. Also, of course the person who enjoy writing such scene in his work won't find it problematic in his own universe that he created .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Also medieval people certainly wasn't less horny then modern ones. Given lack of entertainment probably more. And honestly for those reasons when I seen that scene I certainly didn't felt any need think of it as gratuitous.
I never said or even implied the bolded line. What I'm saying is that there is a major difference between masturbating in a private room/place and masturbating in the easily-accessible-to-everyone hallway. It's not about how horny you are but about decency. The severity of such action multiply when the ones doing it is the teacher who stays with the family & teaching the kid(s) in the house.

For a tutor, Roxy really doesn't have that much self control when it comes to her sexual desire. She just had to relieve herself right there & then? It's really a knock against her character. It would be much better if the MC saw Roxy masturbating in her own room or bathroom than what we have right now.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 17:28   Link #91
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
You don't find any sexual content in mainstream anime. Just because this one entertained some sensual content doesn't mean it tries emulate hentai. I mean I will surely excuse you for voicing how you are weirded out, but you will have to excuse me for disagreeing and thinking problem you see is just in your head in return.

Also it's not like being tutor is Roxy career of choice, irc she was adventurer before and got hired because her exceptional skill in magic not experiences in education field. And let's be honest she probably got to see quite treat, otherwise she would show more self-restraint, probably.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2021-01-17 at 17:38.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 17:36   Link #92
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I...I don't even know what to say to this
It gets worse. Why did the funeral happen to begin with?

Honestly, I just can't get behind the premise here. The fact that this guy gets a second chance at life is incredibly insulting. He was practically suicidal when he saw that truck. The only life left for him was one of a beggar starving on the streets. So he saved some kids at virtually no loss to himself. Wow, give the guy a cookie.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 17:40   Link #93
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
You don't find any sexual content in mainstream anime.
Wrong. We have a main character having sex & saw a post-coital scene in Gundam SEED & Destiny. We have sexual nudity in multiple Gundam shows & movie. We have sexual nudity in Doraemon whenever Nobita intentionally barged into Shizuka's bathroom with Dokodemo Doa when she was bathing or showering. And plenty of other examples (but you should get the point). You can't get more mainstream & all-ages than Doraemon & Gundam. Yet they did their sexual stuff without pandering to the hentai crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Just because this one entertained some sensual content doesn't mean it tries emulate hentai.
That scene certainly speaks otherwise. You only need to have a censored croth shot of Roxy's for it to be a complete hentai scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I mean I will surely excuse you for voicing how you are weirded out, but you will have to excuse me for disagreeing and thinking problem you see is just in your head in return.
I criticize the show, yet you criticize me for asking a bit more decency? Okay then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Also it's not like being tutor is Roxy career of choice, irc she was adventurer before and got hired because her exceptional skill in magic not experiences in education field. And let's be honest she probably got to see quite treat, otherwise she would show more self-restraint, probably.
No matter how you twist it, that scene is not a good look on her. It made her lack self-restraint & lack a sense of responsibilty for her current job.

And no sane family will accept an excuse of "I saw something really hot!" from a teacher who masturbates in the hallway.
__________________

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2021-01-17 at 17:54.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 17:52   Link #94
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Yeah Doraemon sound like serious sexual content Gundam had some, but this franchise is considered mainstream because it became so popular not because it actually fit mainstream in general.

Also I wouldn't go as far as calling it criticism, because that would mean I am trying make you change your way. Explaining why I believe you are wrong is not that. Basically I am saying you are wrong because you seek issues where there are non. If you take it as criticism that's up to you.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 17:57   Link #95
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yeah Doraemon sound like serious sexual content
Yes. You said sexual content in mainstream anime. Nobita blushing at the sight of naked Shizuka is very sexual for a kids show.

And Gundam is always mainstream in Japan. That's a simple fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Either way, yes I criticise you for overthinking and seeking issues where there are none. Well actually I wouldn't go as far as calling it criticism, because that would mean I am trying make you change your way, which is not really case. I am just voicing why I think you are wrong.
I can also easily tell that you simply don't care about the decency depicted in this show and simply choose to Ignore it and defend it.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 18:11   Link #96
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Again I did say Gundam mainstream because it's popular. Even show about totalitarian regime fighting agains vore obsessed demented giants became mainstream when it became popular enough. Doesn't mean vore is now mainstream.

And yes I don't care about decency. If you ask me if it's indecent, then yes it indecent. If that's what you wanted hear you won. On urelated note this certainly indecent act wasn't particularly impossilble happen nor something particularly weird.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 18:36   Link #97
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Roxy probably wanted to get the best seat to listen in on Rudy's parents getting it on .
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
It gets worse. Why did the funeral happen to begin with?

Honestly, I just can't get behind the premise here. The fact that this guy gets a second chance at life is incredibly insulting. He was practically suicidal when he saw that truck. The only life left for him was one of a beggar starving on the streets. So he saved some kids at virtually no loss to himself. Wow, give the guy a cookie.
To be honest, I don't think it was for self-serving reasons that he tried to save them or he was intending for the truck to kill him. Wasn't his first conscious thought before he died was whether the kids were safe?
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 18:38   Link #98
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Again I did say Gundam mainstream because it's popular. Even show about totalitarian regime fighting agains vore obsessed demented giants became mainstream when it became popular enough. Doesn't mean vore is now mainstream.
Whatever you said, none of those shows ever lean heavily on hentai tropes when portraying their sensual & sexual stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
And yes I don't care about decency. If you ask me if it's indecent, then yes it indecent. If that's what you wanted hear you won. On urelated note this certainly indecent act wasn't particularly impossilble happen nor something particularly weird.
Yes, it is unrelated. Also, anything can be seen as common if the writer made it so.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 18:44   Link #99
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
I'm still waiting to see if the maid is secretly lewd. If she is, she hides it extremely well .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 18:51   Link #100
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
I just think it was more unnecessary than anything else, but I just chalk it up to the writing being flawed as a product of its time and a trendsetter.

I mean, actively crucifying him outside of the school is excessive not only when you consider the logistics of how they could do that, the consequences of what would happen, and the seriousness of how it would be handled in a first-world country (which he was in at the time). The writer probably didn't consider that and just threw it in as a means to justify his fears and earn some sympathy points. Less would have been more here to be honest, bullying in itself is pretty traumatizing without needing to go so far in a constructed world of fiction and I could even understand them pulling his pants down in public to humiliate him, but stringing him up is just excessive.

In the same vein, having the parents going to town with one another every night is understandable. Roxy being outside where she can get caught instead of listening through the walls of a room when she's a genius wizard just so the main protagonist can catch a glimpse is just poorly done. More so since that's the only mentioned time of it happening as they flash forward through a year of training. For example, the author probably could have just had Rudy go to her room to ask her a magic question if she was still up and catch her in the act because the parents are so freaking loud that I'm surprised anyone can sleep in that home.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
It gets worse. Why did the funeral happen to begin with?

Honestly, I just can't get behind the premise here. The fact that this guy gets a second chance at life is incredibly insulting. He was practically suicidal when he saw that truck. The only life left for him was one of a beggar starving on the streets. So he saved some kids at virtually no loss to himself. Wow, give the guy a cookie.
Well, specifically we don't know why he got a second chance at life so we don't know if there's some kind of mechanic behind it or something else. At least not yet. But, in the context of writing, you're not wrong.

The author presents him as an Otaku in its purest, most unflattering form without going into being an outright jerk. Yeah he was a victim of bullying to justify his fear for staying locked in his home, but at the end of the day he was a fat loser who skipped his parents funeral to masturbate to something really unwholesome (WN spoilers) in contrast to any other kind of more understandable excuse and got the boot because he had it coming, with premise being that if a guy who screwed his life up this much gets a second chance and can do it better, anyone can do so... presumably without the dying bit.

Or so I tell myself.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, isekai

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.