AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-08, 11:24   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
He was drunk
He doesn't even remember that he let her stay
He's drunk 100% of the time? He should have brought her to the right authorities once he wasn't.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 12:11   Link #42
Tenzen12

Even if he was sober trying bring her to authorities sounds like sure fire way to drive her away which would lead her into bedroom of many potentially dangerous fellows. Well it would be safer for himself, but that's it.
Old 2021-04-09, 02:24   Link #43
Eater of All
NOM

The option of turning her into CPS or the police is really the elephant in the room, I hope the story brings this up sooner rather than later, because it would be many people's first reaction.

I can _guess_ as to the reasons - given that 1) this girl endured 6 months alone and still has no intention of going back, and 2) her parents aren't making obvious efforts to search for her - forcing her back home likely won't solve the problem. And yet that's probably what CPS will do. Turning her in is really just kicking the problem back outside your bubble. To be clear, that's perfectly fine - people have their own lives to live, there is no obligation to take care of anybody else. But Yoshida is probably at that point in life where he doesn't feel particularly excited about his career, and he just lost his love prospects, so taking care of a JK isn't particularly burdensome. I fully don't expect, and certainly hope he isn't, doing this purely out of altruism. Most obvious ulterior motive is that he's just lonely and wants another person in the house to welcome him home (not an unrealistic feeling for many salarymen I suspect). Maybe there are others. I look forward to seeing the potential internal conflict with his ulterior motive and his difficulties of interacting with a total stranger who has suddenly become a major part of his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
I noticed she even lets him see her student card.
Might've just been for plot convenience, but I thought it's a pretty illuminating detail for Sayu. First that she has no shame about what she's doing. Second that she just obeys it like a child, even though the likely consequence is that this person may bring her to the police after he sees it. So far she's made no attempts to deceive or be sketchy about her personal information, which is to say she's pretty defenseless.

Last edited by Eater of All; 2021-04-09 at 02:36.
Eater of All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 12:06   Link #44
haseo0408

As the light novel is going to end in volume 5 really soon I wonder if they plan to adapt the entire story.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 22:58   Link #45
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Even if he was sober trying bring her to authorities sounds like sure fire way to drive her away which would lead her into bedroom of many potentially dangerous fellows. Well it would be safer for himself, but that's it.
Yeaaah, I'm pretty sure your own safety is really important.
I can't imagine being branded as a child kidnapper for the rest of your life exactly fun.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-04-10, 19:44   Link #46
Alchemist007
*Author

From attempted seduction to "I'll just have to raise this teenager myself" huh?
Old 2021-04-10, 23:20   Link #47
rladls2121

Wow Sayu, that's depressing.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-11, 12:46   Link #48
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yeaaah, I'm pretty sure your own safety is really important.
I can't imagine being branded as a child kidnapper for the rest of your life exactly fun.
There could be quite number of possible charges, but kidnapping would be stretch. Much bigger threat would be court of opinion instead. Being branded as deviant for life is not fun.

That said MC choice understandable nonetheless.
Old 2021-04-12, 10:31   Link #49
Frontier

So Sayu's somehow survived six months on her own without a cellphone after pulling a Sakuta Azusagawa with her old phone. I don't know if that's impressive in terms of her fortitude, or just kind of sad. She's also so used to forcing smiles and acting happy and amicable so she doesn't turn people off of her that it's hard for her to stop and be genuine, which is definitely sad .

The Opening feels pretty fitting for this series, being peppy and upbeat but with a strong emotional undercurrent. We see the cast all running across their lives and Yoshida and Sayu separate but reaching for each other as well as the question of the future of their relationship. We also see Yoshida's buddies wife, Sayu (?) in middle school before she changed her look, and I think one instance of Sayu after a night with a guy .

Mishima seems like an earnest and cute girl, even if she messes up a lot, and she definitely seems to appreciate having Yoshida around as a mentor who will call her out on her screw-ups. I'd also say it seems pretty clear she's interested in Yoshida given how she perks up after finding out he got rejected by Gotou .

Speaking of Gotou, she turns out to not only be Yoshida's boss (trying to date the boss? Wow) but also seems pretty comfortable being herself around Yoshida, which I guess is why she takes him out to dinner even when she rejected him. Although she seems to be more interested in him than just a friend or co-worker if the idea of him having a girlfriend or dating someone else in the office is enough to get her involved in questioning his love life when she rejected him .

"Why size cup are those?" Jeez, Yoshida went straight there! And she actually answered them! I-Cups! I don't know if it was the beer or what, but still. Although not only just her amazing boobs, Gotou's got great lips, hair, and eyes too. Plus she's voiced by Hisako Kanemoto. I'd say that's a pretty complete package .

Yoshida's buddy advises him to be careful how intimate and close Sayu gets because he knows what can happen between two people of the opposite sex living in close proximity with each other while, basically, taking care of each other. The level of care Sayu gives him definitely feels less like a houseguest and more like a housewife. Yoshida seems adamant that he only sees Sayu as a kid, but that was a pretty strong blush after she smiled genuinely after him .

The Ending is pretty nice as well, featuring Yoshida and Sayu living together and ending with them together as well. I think it also showcases Sayu getting a job with that blonde girl because we see her in a blue uniform .
Old 2021-04-12, 12:08   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Another cellphone condemned to the sea .

I really wonder what the heck is up with Gotou. Was she even being honest about having a boyfriend? Did she just pull that for an excuse to turn him down and is suddenly feeling like she missed out? It does seem like there is something there and that undoubtedly would be the big question of the show. She's exactly the person he's been in love with for years. Would he choose anyone over her?

No shock though that Yoshida has a lot of attention going his way that he's unaware of. Mishima naturally is interested and only really gave her best effort at work because she didn't want to lose the relationship she had with Yoshida right now.

There is definitely a line to be maintained with Sayu and not sure if either party will be able to maintain that. She is steadily growing more comfortable even if it isn't easy for her to be herself yet. Can only imagine what life was like at home and when she left it that she's built up this habit of constantly throwing around fake smiles and restraining herself.

Will be interesting to see how things go from here. Have to think Sayu will start picking up work as soon as she's even more settled. Has a phone too which is definitely going to help in a lot of ways.

Good second episode.
Old 2021-04-12, 15:59   Link #51
Greenish Growth

I kind of thought maybe Gotou had an arranged marriage or something like that, but I don't really know what to think. She's sending mixed messages.

And I don't know what the situation was from the novels because I only know what was shown in this second episode here.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-12, 16:56   Link #52
Frontier

The only reason I don't think Gotou is faking having a boyfriend is she's said they've been together for five years, which just seems kind of an unnecessary detail.
Old 2021-04-12, 17:00   Link #53
Tenzen12

Well adding small detail sis pretty well known and intuitive method to make lie convincing...
Old 2021-04-12, 17:10   Link #54
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well adding small detail sis pretty well known and intuitive method to make lie convincing...
I guess if you feel like you have to go to that extent .
Old 2021-04-13, 00:09   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

Old 2021-04-13, 01:26   Link #56
Tenzen12

If she doesn't mind it's not harassment in first place.
Old 2021-04-13, 11:59   Link #57
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
But Yoshida is probably at that point in life where he doesn't feel particularly excited about his career, and he just lost his love prospects, so taking care of a JK isn't particularly burdensome. I fully don't expect, and certainly hope he isn't, doing this purely out of altruism. Most obvious ulterior motive is that he's just lonely and wants another person in the house to welcome him home (not an unrealistic feeling for many salarymen I suspect). Maybe there are others. I look forward to seeing the potential internal conflict with his ulterior motive and his difficulties of interacting with a total stranger who has suddenly become a major part of his life.
Yoshida's already depicted as a person with a kindhearted nature, as much as he wouldn't admit it. Sayu is a cute girl and the unknown circumstances she's in, coupled by her actions to 'survive', would have increased his perception of her vulnerability. The psychology of male heroism being stoked in him with these factors is not unbelievable. He is moved more by such emotion than some outright ulterior motive per se, and he probably would rationalize to himself at the same time that, if he doesn't take her in, she will just continue sleeping with other random men to survive.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 17:37   Link #58
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv175
*Graphic Designer

The one thing that really stood out with Yoshida's decision is the fact he is aware that he didn't do the right call, logically speaking.
But frankly, I doubt it is motivated by some plain heroism or whatnot. Aside of his kindness, I believe Sayu's circumstances are very intriguing and worrisome to a certain degree. The girl is pretty sweet and smart aside of her rash decision of running away from Hokkaido all the way to Tokyo, yet not only she believes her parents don't want her to come back, but even after 6 months, there was absolutely no missing report whatsoever.

Let that statement sink in once again: her family never reported to the authorities that she was missing even after 6 whole months. That alone is a major red flag, and I assume Yoshida tried to consider her feelings there, hence why he ultimately wanted her to stay until she finally stop being "spoiled". He knows she needs a reality check, but she has her back to the wall, especially given that she could only survive this long by selling her body. If she were to be handed to the cops or a child welfare institute, it wouldn't be surprising if things will go even more haywire for her, and she might be psychologically scarred if her family issues are that dire. And needless to say, who knows how her family will react if someone catches wind of Sayu's little trip to Tokyo.

So really, I don't think there was any perfect solution there, regardless how conveniently kind Yoshida is. But suffice to say, he is pretty straight when it comes to his motivations for Sayu's sake, so I really doubt Yoshida is moved by some cheap self satisfaction or ulterior motive. His immediate reaction is how he felt frustrated to see a girl like Sayu not enjoying her JK life like any other normal girl.
As far as it goes, Sayu either needs to agree to move on and come back home or to become independant. The former doesn't seem realistic so the latter option is only the thing available to Yoshida, even though that obviously will lead to its fair share of struggle for both of them.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2021-04-13 at 18:11.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-18, 00:31   Link #59
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
So really, I don't think there was any perfect solution there, regardless how conveniently kind Yoshida is. But suffice to say, he is pretty straight when it comes to his motivations for Sayu's sake, so I really doubt Yoshida is moved by some cheap self satisfaction or ulterior motive. His immediate reaction is how he felt frustrated to see a girl like Sayu not enjoying her JK life like any other normal girl.
As far as it goes, Sayu either needs to agree to move on and come back home or to become independant. The former doesn't seem realistic so the latter option is only the thing available to Yoshida, even though that obviously will lead to its fair share of struggle for both of them.
I guess that's fine, but IMO Yoshida just being that way would make him less interesting as a character. As you say there will be struggles in their relationship, and Sayu's own backstory and psychology/motivation, all of which will be interesting to explore, but Yoshida's motivations as an individual would just be kind of flat.

EDIT: To be fair, there is still an angle to explore here, which is that while Yoshida didn't initially have any particular (selfish) motivation to help Sayu, the act of doing so improves and changes his life. Probably the "Hige wo Suru" part is exactly referring to this. In other words, while he has no selfish motivation to pick her up per se, he _does_ develop a selfish motivation to keep her.
Old 2021-04-18, 10:01   Link #60
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
I guess that's fine, but IMO Yoshida just being that way would make him less interesting as a character. As you say there will be struggles in their relationship, and Sayu's own backstory and psychology/motivation, all of which will be interesting to explore, but Yoshida's motivations as an individual would just be kind of flat.

EDIT: To be fair, there is still an angle to explore here, which is that while Yoshida didn't initially have any particular (selfish) motivation to help Sayu, the act of doing so improves and changes his life. Probably the "Hige wo Suru" part is exactly referring to this. In other words, while he has no selfish motivation to pick her up per se, he _does_ develop a selfish motivation to keep her.
That's why everyone assumed he had a girlfriend. He's acting like he has a woman in his life that's improving his image and overall demeanor, only it's a high school girl that's living with him .

Tags
harem