AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-04-12, 05:21   Link #81
Liddo-kun
is this so?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gradius Home World
episode 3:

ok, so the next challenge for Vivy is a crazy ai who wants to drop a space hotel to earth.

nice to see Vivy singing has improved, she has so many listeners now.

also finds the little sis of her dead fan.

looking forward to next week.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-14, 08:26   Link #82
Last Sinner
Fear Inoculum
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 39
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
This is building. Hopefully to something worthwhile. My main interest lies from what Vivy will choose to do in the long run, given she's effectively been coerced into this scenario. Emotion is gradually seeping into her choices and actions. Matsumoto is purely reason/goal oriented. I'm not wowed, but I don't see any significant negative yet. Decent viewing for now.
__________________

The greatest Ghibli anime ever was Spiritfarer. Think about it.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 11:44   Link #83
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Texas
Episode 4. Wow. Best of the best level. Even if the quality and story just drops off after this I'd keep these four episodes as a mini series.

Spoiler:

I can't wait to see what happens next.
__________________
Ragashingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 12:22   Link #84
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Spoiler for Episode 4:
__________________
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RDckBy8.jpgI will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 13:03   Link #85
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Texas
A few other things... I rewatched episodes 3 and 4 to find the connections. They did a good job:
Spoiler:

So yeah, it's all there if you know to look. I love shows that do this kind of thing. Shows that know where they are going and do the extra work so you can look back and see that they knew where they were going.
__________________
Ragashingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 13:16   Link #86
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
We finally get the opening. While the song is great, the visuals are nothing special.

So much for my theory. The twin card is a little lame, but I should've caught the difference so I guess I can't complain. Unfortunately, it's likely that Estella will be blamed for this so that's 0-2.

Looks like we're getting another time skip. Guess this is the end of bear Matsumoto.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 14:18   Link #87
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
More clues that Matsumoto is bad news. When he briefly connected to Estella's sister to install a virus, her emblem shown red for a moment, just like those crazy androids killing people at the beginning of episode 1. Other than that, his story still doesn't make any sense. He's supposedly trying to stall android evolution but he's doing no such thing. All the opposite, androids are evolving faster now. He blames Diva for that but he doesn't seem concerned at all. In fact, the same will happen after this incident since contrary to the original timeline, there was no casualties. In the original timeline the passengers died in the incident, which (according to Matsumoto) dealt a significant blow to android research and stalled their evolution. In the new timeline, Estella evacuated all the passengers. Even if she's blamed for the incident, the fact that she evacuated the passengers will lessen the negative impact on android research. Mind you, Matsumoto's plan was to disable Estella and avoid the incident altogether, but that would also have resulted in accelerating android evolution instead of stalling it.

My guess is that he's not really trying to stall android evolution at all. He's actually trying to accelerate it. And he's probably the master mind of the war between the androids and humanity.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 15:44   Link #88
Thor's Hammer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I don't think Matsumoto is trying to accelerate the evolution of AIs. As it indicated in Episode 3, the reason it had chosen the crash of the Sunrise to be part of the Singularity Project is that the growth of Toak is a reason for why the AI war happens in the future. Preventing an incident that gave Toak fodder for its movement in no way contradicts his purported goal to stop the war in the future. Matsumoto directly indicated in that episode that the tradeoff this time in that he and Diva would not directly stall AI evolution would be worth it to prevent Toak's growth.

You say Matsumoto is not concerned, but it is a fact that it was Diva's words that led to Aikawa passing a law even more favourable to AIs than the AI naming law, which it stressed. You also have to consider the scope of Matsumoto's mission, which is just to intervene at select points in time in an attempt to change the future. I can see Matsumoto not getting tunnel vision on what happened in the past and deciding to instead focus on the present and the future.

Granted, I do find it suspicious that Diva's emblem flashed red at one point in Episode 3, and she was shown trying to look for traces of Matsumoto and now with Elizabeth's emblem flashing red when he botched an attempt to install a virus. However, given that Matsumoto believes that Toak's growth is a huge factor in the war in the future and that Toak itself has shown that it will resort to violent means to achieve its directive by planning to crash the Sunrise Hotel into a coastal city to further its cause, I believe it's possible that it was Toak itself that uploaded viruses into AIs in the future, all to spark a global war against AIs.

I just find it extremely unlikely that the professor in the future sent the very cause of the AI war back into the past as doing so would destroy the entire premise of Vivy, and that is why I cannot believe that Matsumoto is the endgame villain of this series. It would just not work and turn the show into a train wreck, and I do not believe this show will actually go into train wreck territory.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 15:57   Link #89
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
I don't think Matsumoto is trying to accelerate the evolution of AIs. As it indicated in Episode 3, the reason it had chosen the crash of the Sunrise to be part of the Singularity Project is that the growth of Toak is a reason for why the AI war happens in the future. Preventing an incident that gave Toak fodder for its movement in no way contradicts his purported goal to stop the war in the future. Matsumoto directly indicated in that episode that the tradeoff this time in that he and Diva would not directly stall AI evolution would be worth it to prevent Toak's growth.

You say Matsumoto is not concerned, but it is a fact that it was Diva's words that led to Aikawa passing a law even more favourable to AIs than the AI naming law, which it stressed. You also have to consider the scope of Matsumoto's mission, which is just to intervene at select points in time in an attempt to change the future. I can see Matsumoto not getting tunnel vision on what happened in the past and deciding to instead focus on the present and the future.

Granted, I do find it suspicious that Diva's emblem flashed red at one point in Episode 3, and she was shown trying to look for traces of Matsumoto and now with Elizabeth's emblem flashing red when he botched an attempt to install a virus. However, given that Matsumoto believes that Toak's growth is a huge factor in the war in the future and that Toak itself has shown that it will resort to violent means to achieve its directive by planning to crash the Sunrise Hotel into a coastal city to further its cause, I believe it's possible that it was Toak itself that uploaded viruses into AIs in the future, all to spark a global war against AIs.

I just find it extremely unlikely that the professor in the future sent the very cause of the AI war back into the past as doing so would destroy the entire premise of Vivy, and that is why I cannot believe that Matsumoto is the endgame villain of this series. It would just not work and turn the show into a train wreck, and I do not believe this show will actually go into train wreck territory.
i feel you are giving too much credit to th bear, he could be just lying and making things happens fast, another note, going back to episode 1, we not sure if indeed the professor send the bear, because remember what happened, just after the professor activate the program we saw past diva getting all the info from the future then she got overload with the info and shut down, then after that the "bear appeared" he could be send too to the past in the terminator style but instead of "destroy the mankind' he was send to change diva mission of save mankind and use her to make sure the war happens, again just watch the first episode back and you see, the professor did send to diva the info we saw her getting it, then the bear appearing would not be needed, since the professor did send her already all the info, it's just her not was able to proper upload all that info so fast, it can be "lost inside her hd" waiting for a chance to come back making her finally realising her true mission which would be stop the bear instead of work with him.

at the end all the issue are due to that organization, then real solution for the crise if him indeed wanted to prevent the war would be "kill all" the terrorists instead of let then go as he is keep doing, they are really to be blamed for all that crap because it's then which are doing all the mess which would start the war, it's making very suspicious.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 16:15   Link #90
Thor's Hammer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I had already taken into account that scene when the information loaded into her. I'm not convinced by your argument. Even if the professor sent her all the information, for Diva to actually do anything about it, she'd need Matsumoto to tell her what the mission he is giving her is because she wouldn't be draw the conclusion on her own that the professor had sent her this information for her to save humanity. From what we could see from the information, there were no instructions for her to take on such a directive, meaning that Matsumoto is meant to tell her of that directive.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 16:49   Link #91
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
I had already taken into account that scene when the information loaded into her. I'm not convinced by your argument. Even if the professor sent her all the information, for Diva to actually do anything about it, she'd need Matsumoto to tell her what the mission he is giving her is because she wouldn't be draw the conclusion on her own that the professor had sent her this information for her to save humanity. From what we could see from the information, there were no instructions for her to take on such a directive, meaning that Matsumoto is meant to tell her of that directive.
it would be again, because she got "overload" too much info as we saw it ended "damaging her" making temporary impossible her to get the full info, the instructions about what to di get lost in the shut down and only after something unlock it again matsumoto is just using her, remember again he also tried to "infect her with the excuse to give the "combat abilities" remember her first action was shut down him since she don't full trust him since he proof to not be full trusted since he have his own agenda and will threat her if she not coop with him.

basically could be just a malfunction which due too much info being loaded she could not get full gist of it and now the info is domant on her memory until something make it come back again.

the professor didn't have time to send 2 times what was needed to help her, if him send her the direct info about what happened then where he get time to send the "bear" after the info, since we saw he have time to send only one thing in time and the full info come to her a good time "before matsumoto come" which could lead to him being send "later" or a second time, since they don't come at same time as we saw, if matsumoto had appeared during the time she was being loaded with all the info then it would make sense he being send by the professor but since he arrives later then it make things even more suspicious.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 17:11   Link #92
Thor's Hammer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I think you're overthinking it. An explanation for why Matsumoto arrived later was hinted at by what it said. Matsumoto indicated that it almost died and didn't make it through to this era because the bandwidth of the era was so clogged up, and given that it is appears to be a super AI, there was probably a lot of data to transmit before Matsumoto had fully made it to the past in one piece.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 17:36   Link #93
Alchemist007
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 32
I think it's safe to say this show knows what it's doing.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 21:03   Link #94
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
I think you're overthinking it. An explanation for why Matsumoto arrived later was hinted at by what it said. Matsumoto indicated that it almost died and didn't make it through to this era because the bandwidth of the era was so clogged up, and given that it is appears to be a super AI, there was probably a lot of data to transmit before Matsumoto had fully made it to the past in one piece.
That is suspicious in and of itself. Think about it. Why would the writer have Matsumoto arriving late at all if it wasn't supposed to make him seem suspicious? What purpose would that detail serve in the story otherwise? Would the writer do so just to showcase how this era's bandwidth is subpart in comparison to the future? No, that's totally irrelevant. No self-respecting writer would waste screentime in that kind of irrelevancies. It's much more likely what's going on here is that the writer added it as a hint that Matsumoto is lying and the reason he arrived late is because he's not part of whatever data the real-life Matsumoto sent to Diva in the first place.

Maybe I'm thinking too much, but fiction writing is purpose-oriented so this is what makes the most sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
You say Matsumoto is not concerned, but it is a fact that it was Diva's words that led to Aikawa passing a law even more favourable to AIs than the AI naming law, which it stressed.
He's not concerned at all. In fact, if Diva didn't bring it up he probably wouldn't have mentioned at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
Granted, I do find it suspicious that Diva's emblem flashed red at one point in Episode 3, and she was shown trying to look for traces of Matsumoto and now with Elizabeth's emblem flashing red when he botched an attempt to install a virus. However, given that Matsumoto believes that Toak's growth is a huge factor in the war in the future and that Toak itself has shown that it will resort to violent means to achieve its directive by planning to crash the Sunrise Hotel into a coastal city to further its cause, I believe it's possible that it was Toak itself that uploaded viruses into AIs in the future, all to spark a global war against AIs.
The current leader of Toak was the guy that Diva saved in episode 2, and now he was saved again by another android. It would be surprising if he didn't change his mind and stopped trying to fuck up the androids soon enough. All in all, I think Toak is an obvious redherring and will stop being a factor way before we get to the climax. All my money is still on Matsumoto being the evil mastermind.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2021-04-17 at 21:19.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 21:10   Link #95
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Robots need to wear space suits too?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I think it's safe to say this show knows what it's doing.
*looks at ReZero's author"
Ye... No.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 21:24   Link #96
Magewolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That is suspicious in and of itself. Think about it. Why would the writer have Matsumoto arriving late at all if it wasn't supposed to make him seem suspicious? What purpose would that detail serve in the story otherwise? Would the writer do so just to showcase how this era's bandwidth is subpart in comparison to the future? No, that's totally irrelevant. No self-respecting writer would waste screentime in that kind of irrelevancies. It's much more likely what's going on here is that the writer added it as a hint that Matsumoto is lying and the reason he arrived late is because he's not part of whatever data the real-life Matsumoto sent to Diva in the first place.

Maybe I'm thinking too much, but fiction writing is purpose-oriented so this is what makes the most sense to me.
For that matter why is it called the singularity project? That has nothing to do with saving humans from A.I.'s. It does have to do with creating superintelligences that dwarf baseline humans.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 21:41   Link #97
Alchemist007
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*looks at ReZero's author"
Ye... No.
Well...at least it's anime original so it's not screwed in advance
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 21:59   Link #98
Thor's Hammer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That is suspicious in and of itself. Think about it. Why would the writer have Matsumoto arriving late at all if it wasn't supposed to make him seem suspicious? What purpose would that detail serve in the story otherwise? Would the writer do so just to showcase how this era's bandwidth is subpart in comparison to the future? No, that's totally irrelevant. No self-respecting writer would waste screentime in that kind of irrelevancies. It's much more likely what's going on here is that the writer added it as a hint that Matsumoto is lying and the reason he arrived late is because he's not part of whatever data the real-life Matsumoto sent to Diva in the first place.

Maybe I'm thinking too much, but fiction writing is purpose-oriented so this is what makes the most sense to me.
Well, I have indicated before that I believe that the professor has restarted a time loop multiple times based on him saying "one more time", but I had also indicated I am unsure of why the loops keep going badly if the professor is repeatedly doing this, and while it could make sense if Matsumoto was the reason the loops are going poorly, I just doubt the AIs in the future could really interfere with the project in a meaningful way given that the professor had already activated the Singularity Project, and assuming the professor is competent, I would not be surprised if his time machine self-destructed upon completion of its directive. What viewers did not see was a second instance of the Singularity Project running that would activate at the time Matsumoto entered the AI archive, and while that doesn't necessarily indicate that the AIs didn't try to modify the Singularity Project and send something else to Diva, I'm not convinced the AIs did do that until I see more evidence.


Quote:
The current leader of Toak was the guy that Diva saved in episode 2, and now he was saved again by another android. It would be surprising if he didn't change his mind and stopped trying to fuck up the androids soon enough. All in all, I think Toak is an obvious redherring and will stop being a factor way before we get to the climax. All my money is still on Matsumoto being the evil mastermind.
I would not be surprised if Kakutani was not happy with Elizabeth saving his life because she interfered with his mission, which was to make himself and those who accompanied him to the Sunrise Hotel martyrs since they'd be the only human casualities of the event. In his eyes, it would probably be a significant setback to his movement.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 22:01   Link #99
grecefar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Blue Notes Blues
The worst enemy of humanity is humanity itself. I know there was something like that behind the crash in the future but it still makes me sick that they were willing to kill hundred thousand because the AI.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-17, 23:53   Link #100
Eater of All
NOM
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Outside the Asylum
FWIW, Matsumoto says in the preview that they must stop this out-of-control AI evolution, but it is true that so far his interventions have kind of accelerated that, so I'm not sure what he wants.
__________________
Eater of All is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anime original, sci-fi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.