AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-09-20, 00:20   Link #8181
freakonature00
asd

I'm surprised my blog made it into this thread lol.

It was this one.
Hope it was somehow useful.
freakonature00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 00:29   Link #8182
Ribbons
Gundam Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavie View Post
I'm more interested in the "Trinity00" manga as well as the complete profiles for the characters of the movie.
It was mentioned on the gundam 00 comm @ lj that someone was planning on uploading it sometime this week there.
Ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 03:19   Link #8183
helois

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocawarde View Post
K alot of pics of the MSes, here we go:

Spoiler for Scissors bit pic:

Spoiler for Harute wit the add equipment:

Bandai, I want my 1:100 kits

YES!!!

can't wait for this...
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 03:35   Link #8184
ibliza

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbann View Post
And whats this talk of the quanta having a "wing" upgrade at the movie end? That almost guarentees more explination or another 00 model.

I just think that the ending has lead to lots of possibilities
Spoiler for Quanta upgrade:

Really need to buy the blueray version when it comes out. Hopefully there'll be added scenes and i can stop pause rewind all i want lol.
ibliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 04:02   Link #8185
BurningChaos

Anyone know when the DVD and Bluray version will be out? And also the 00A Manga...Need Information ASAP so I can save up
BurningChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 04:05   Link #8186
jonli
JONLIの憂'

When they say assimilated...does the ELS actually swallow the Mobile Suit whole including the pilot too? So the pilot gets...eaten and turned into a part of the ELS???

Being absorbed was always one of my greatest fears in anime, the thought just makes me cringe...
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 04:15   Link #8187
BurningChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
When they say assimilated...does the ELS actually swallow the Mobile Suit whole including the pilot too? So the pilot gets...eaten and turned into a part of the ELS???

Being absorbed was always one of my greatest fears in anime, the thought just makes me cringe...
I'm also puzzled, What did they mean by assimilated? Do they absorb the Gundams with its pilot to become their part then attack another one again? Or they will make a suicide attack?
Old 2010-09-20, 04:30   Link #8188
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningChaos View Post
I'm also puzzled, What did they mean by assimilated? Do they absorb the Gundams with its pilot to become their part then attack another one again? Or they will make a suicide attack?
If you watched Soukyuu no Fafner before, that is similar to how is it like to be absorbed.

But ELS was able to gather data to copy the Gundam while they battle and receive attacks from the Gundam. Same goes to carrier ships and other MS.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 04:37   Link #8189
ibliza

Quote:

ELS assimilate other metal objects just upon contact. What happens is they start to combine with another MS. A picture of Raphael can be seen being assimilated a few pages back. It looks like the assimilated MS is being crystallized and eventually becomes a big metal icy crystal looking thing. But in the final battle, instead of staying in as a big metal crystal... they liquidize too form a clone of what ever MS they have assimilated with. They did this to missiles and ships as well.
Old 2010-09-20, 04:49   Link #8190
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibliza View Post
ELS assimilate other metal objects just upon contact. What happens is they start to combine with another MS. A picture of Raphael can be seen being assimilated a few pages back. It looks like the assimilated MS is being crystallized and eventually becomes a big metal icy crystal looking thing. But in the final battle, instead of staying in as a big metal crystal... they liquidize too form a clone of what ever MS they have assimilated with. They did this to missiles and ships as well.
So what happens to the pilot...? Do they turn into crystal/goo?
Old 2010-09-20, 04:51   Link #8191
L_A_G
Sugar rush 24/7

The ELS can assimilate gundams and other MS because they can assimilate metal objects? Weren't the gundams and then all the Tau drive units after that made of a material they called "E-Carbon"? I did advanced chemistry in the Finnish equivalent of high school and I'm pretty certain carbon isn't a metal (sure, it's used to strengthen iron when you make steel, but it's still not a metal and thus steel isn't an alloy).

Sure, that was just the frame, but it's still a pretty big part of the MS.
L_A_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 04:57   Link #8192
Zantetsuken

The ELS assimilated humans fine, which is made of carbon. So yeah
Old 2010-09-20, 05:02   Link #8193
bio9205
Reborn

I guess E-Carbon is a form of alloy, just like how steel is an alloy of iron and carbon.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 05:05   Link #8194
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
So what happens to the pilot...? Do they turn into crystal/goo?
More realistically, I guess the pilot simply gets crushed. Poor Tieria.
Old 2010-09-20, 05:12   Link #8195
BurningChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Nah, Poor Graham =((
Old 2010-09-20, 05:19   Link #8196
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Nah, Poor Graham =((
You just spoiled me, but aww, what the heck.

Anyway, what's the purpose of the Quantum System, and what does it do exactly? 00Q looks super sexy in that state, I simply cannot wait for the HG TA to be released.
Old 2010-09-20, 05:19   Link #8197
ibliza

Well.. come to think of it.. maybe the ELS can just assimilate everything. It wasnt specifically shown what they can and cant assimilate with. The pilots are also turned into metal. And their minds become part of the ELS i think. This is why the ELS targeted QB users. They wanted to understand wtf humans were but by assimilating Descrates (sp?) and all of his angry negative emotions, they figured humans are hostile and decided to attack or take over earth. All that is IMO though... it wasnt exactly stated but judging by the ELS actions after assimilating Descrates, they launched their giant moon like planet and their army from jupiter towards earth.
Old 2010-09-20, 05:22   Link #8198
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
The ELS assimilated humans fine, which is made of carbon. So yeah
Oh god....that's just like those crazy aliens from Knights of Sidonia...they really freak the shit out of me. I mean its good because then I'd actually feel threatened when I watch the movie and cringe even when a nameless pilot gets eaten. But gosh it's such a cruel fate ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I'd rather get crushed than get absorbed into someone else and be like...the skin on their buttocks.

Quote:
Nah, Poor Graham =((
He might come back with a mask. No kidding.

Did they explain what understanding did they reach with ELS? I know they have like an overpopulated planet and they're looking for some place to go or something. But did they explain what reason Setsuna gave them to stop eating humans?
Old 2010-09-20, 05:24   Link #8199
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_A_G View Post
The ELS can assimilate gundams and other MS because they can assimilate metal objects? Weren't the gundams and then all the Tau drive units after that made of a material they called "E-Carbon"? I did advanced chemistry in the Finnish equivalent of high school and I'm pretty certain carbon isn't a metal (sure, it's used to strengthen iron when you make steel, but it's still not a metal and thus steel isn't an alloy).

Sure, that was just the frame, but it's still a pretty big part of the MS.
Technically, the GNMS in 00 use a special type of armor called GN Composite Armor, first used on the Plutone Gundam. It's layers of metal pumped full of GN Particles in between. There was a big article on it in the tech thread, but I don't feel like back tracking, perhaps my dearest SonicSP can dig it up.

Anway

Spoiler for spoiler:
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 05:29   Link #8200
bio9205
Reborn

Quantum System, anyone?

Tags
gundam 00 movie