AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-10-23, 16:45   Link #21
Kanna
The Triad
*Fansubber

I don't see why the sponser messages should be cut out. If it's there, then whatever.

What's a couple hundred KBs going to do? "OH NOES MY CD-RZ AR NOT FULL!" Big deal. But then again, I don't really care for fansub file sizes, since I delete them after I'm done watching. Most aren't really all that memorable, but I digress.

Sure, you could find the start/end points of the message, put a line in a text file and cut it out, but it's just a bit (however less) more work to do.

Besides, most people just watch the OP once and skip it for all future episodes, so the sponser message isn't really annoying.
Kanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 04:01   Link #22
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
I think Anime-Heaven translated this for the Naruto movie preview (though I'm not sure).

It was translated as "The following/preceding (?) program is/was brought to you by" <flash the SONY, P&G, etc>, ... "and the following sponsors..." <flash the sponsors> (this is the phrase with "sponsor")
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 04:56   Link #23
swerv
Stay Up

It's pretty easy to guess what the sponsors message is, why bother translating it? I think only the truly anal people give a shit about reading "thanks to the sponsors/this show was brought to you by etc"

I don't see why people bother translating the the songs in the op/ed either though. I just want to watch the actual episode, couldn't give a shit about the decoration that is exactly the same every episode e.g sponsors message and op/ed.
Old 2004-10-26, 09:08   Link #24
K_R
also known as K!

Maybe fansubbers should cut off the OP/ED and the mid-episode break then. Not only will the fluff be gone. The file will be smaller!
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 09:37   Link #25
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Why stop there? Cut out the audio, and you'll only have to sub the onscreens! And I may as well take this to its inevitable conclusion to save us all some time: why bother subbing anything at all?
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 10:47   Link #26
NinjaServ

double post by accident....delete (mods, PLEASE ad a delete function for the regular users with their owns posts T_T)
NinjaServ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 10:51   Link #27
NinjaServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCanealot
So, there's something that works, but it's simple, and there's something else that works, but it takes more effort, so it's not l33t to use the simple/easy method?

Considering how simple the edit we're making is (cutting out a simple section post encoding), calling any method "newbie like" is insanely elitist, in my opinion. However, if you want to hold that opinion, please do not hold it after directly quoting me, as it insults myself and both the image I hold of you in my eyes.
Anyway, who said anything about editing together a TV program with VirtualDub? We have Final Cut Pro for that, heh.
I have to say for the first time on the forum, I agree with SirCanealot...who gives a fuck if it is a "n00bish" way to cut? If it works just as good why should it matter? I've seen people use "n00bish" vdub filters and return an overall better encode than someone who BRAGGED "I use avisynth cuz i'm fucking l33t az sh1t y0!!" and their "final product" was HORRIBLE cuz they didn't know how to utilize it PROPERLY....>.>

I say it's not what you use, but HOW you use it.
NinjaServ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 07:42   Link #28
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
Why stop there? Cut out the audio, and you'll only have to sub the onscreens! And I may as well take this to its inevitable conclusion to save us all some time: why bother subbing anything at all?

Yeah lets go extreme.
Get real what is so hard about subbing the damn sponsor message, or not leaving it there in the first place ?
Sakaki- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 23:42   Link #29
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakaki-
Yeah lets go extreme.
Get real what is so hard about subbing the damn sponsor message, or not leaving it there in the first place ?
What's wrong with cutting out the opening that has the messedge in it..or part of the opening?
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 02:26   Link #30
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

I would opt to cut the sponsor message, but there are times when the songs trail off into the sponsor message. Usually, the op/ed song just repeats during the sponsor message, but there are times when they trail into it. However, I wouldn't be irked to see that a group doesn't sub that part. Not all groups sub that "please watch in a well-lit room" message either...also those news and weather reports that sometimes scroll by. These kinds of things just aren't necessary for us to enjoy the anime.
Enragin_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 03:51   Link #31
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enragin_Angel
I would opt to cut the sponsor message, but there are times when the songs trail off into the sponsor message. Usually, the op/ed song just repeats during the sponsor message, but there are times when they trail into it. However, I wouldn't be irked to see that a group doesn't sub that part. Not all groups sub that "please watch in a well-lit room" message either...also those news and weather reports that sometimes scroll by. These kinds of things just aren't necessary for us to enjoy the anime.
Well what i think is that all speach should be subtitled, i know that people dont ussualy typeset the "please watch in a well-lit room" sign.
And yeah if the op ed song goes into the sponsor message you cant cut it out but you could still translate the speach.
But if it was up to only me it would be translated and typesetted.
also it would be good if the weather messages where translated so people dont get the wrong idea about what they are.

"sub·ti·tle n. A printed translation of the dialogue of a foreign-language film shown at the bottom of the screen."

Take Care
Sakaki-
Old 2004-10-28, 04:38   Link #32
Darth_E_
Freelance TS'er/Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakaki-
Well what i think is that all speach should be subtitled, i know that people dont ussualy typeset the "please watch in a well-lit room" sign.
And yeah if the op ed song goes into the sponsor message you cant cut it out but you could still translate the speach.
But if it was up to only me it would be translated and typesetted.
also it would be good if the weather messages where translated so people dont get the wrong idea about what they are.

"sub·ti·tle n. A printed translation of the dialogue of a foreign-language film shown at the bottom of the screen."

Take Care
Sakaki-
It's not like Typesetting a sign is so hard that they dont have to typeset it from the start.

Anyways, regarding the ads, they are about 9 secs long, and I am usualy able figure out what they mean ( unless they are written in some wierd Kanji >> ). The only reason why do I chop them off to is to make smaller in filesize. Their presence won't ruin the anime for me, nor am I demanding that they should be subbed since I am getting those subs for free ( let alone the fact that they arent even related to the anime itself).

Yours,
-Elly
Darth_E_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 05:12   Link #33
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly
It's not like Typesetting a sign is so hard that they dont have to typeset it from the start.

Anyways, regarding the ads, they are about 9 secs long, and I am usualy able figure out what they mean ( unless they are written in some wierd Kanji >> ). The only reason why do I chop them off to is to make smaller in filesize. Their presence won't ruin the anime for me, nor am I demanding that they should be subbed since I am getting those subs for free ( let alone the fact that they arent even related to the anime itself).

Yours,
-Elly

That is not my point, my point is why not sub them, what is the real reason, and if it is like people say that they leave them in as respect to the sponsor then for god sake translate it.
Old 2004-10-31, 04:38   Link #34
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
Haha, so leaving in the sponsors is respect, but cutting out commercials is fine? I know the vast majority of raws are commercialess, but there are groups with their own cappers, and sometimes they can even be found on p2ps.

Still I have never seen these left in on any digisubs, other than the first 3 Sailor Moon Live parody episodes.
CompShrink is offline   Reply With Quote