AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's charachter developed the most in My Otome?
Arika 16 16.49%
Mashiro 70 72.16%
Nina 6 6.19%
Erstin 2 2.06%
Natsuki 0 0%
Shizuru 1 1.03%
Nao 1 1.03%
Midori 1 1.03%
Haruka 0 0%
Yukino 0 0%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-09, 16:11   Link #1
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Most developed character in My Otome?

Out of these choices, which character do you think did some drastic changing that improved their view of life, and the way they treat other people? My vote would go to Mashiro, after she experienced the life of a Nomad and learned about all the poor citizens in her country. Your pick would be...???
Old 2006-04-09, 16:18   Link #2
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
I want to vote for arika, Nao, Mashiro and Midori

Arika was developped from Ep 1 to Ep 26... Evolution of the Girl... Innocent and Stupid At First, Mature and Strong Morale At the End

Mashiro too... The Cupid Princess with Strong Word For First and Serious and Determined Princess At The End who play a Real Rôle. And The Last Mystery Key Of His Old Identity...

Nao for the Evolution OF MH/MO

And Midori for The Joy and now for the serious, cold and strong...
Old 2006-04-09, 18:45   Link #3
Arika Yumemiya
Princess of Britannia

I think its Mashiro.
She really changed alot. From a bratty arrogant Queen to a understanding Queen. Quite alot of difference, I think. ^^

Arika too!!!!
Old 2006-04-09, 19:05   Link #4
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

My next pick would be Arika, then Nina and Erstin. Don't know why, just do.
Old 2006-04-09, 19:19   Link #5
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Eres-Chan so cute make me wanna die so I can go to heaven and take her home.
Old 2006-04-09, 22:57   Link #6
imperialmog

Send a message via AIM to imperialmog Send a message via Yahoo to imperialmog
What do they mean by most "developed" now? It could be taken in a rather odd context.
Old 2006-04-09, 23:20   Link #7
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
... Sergay is the only character who had any development that didn't lack substance and yet you don't include him in the poll. He went from being sure of his own position and life to questioning his purpose and feelings and finally before dying, he realised what was important and tried to stop Nagi. No other character in Otome has any real development. Not even the main characters, who merely questioned themselves and then went back to where they started.
Old 2006-04-09, 23:40   Link #8
Eclipze

I take it that the "development" refers to character development (in their personalities, ideals etc).

If so, the only people who qualify in that regard (small ways or otherwise) would be:
Arika
Mashiro
Nina
Erstin
Akane(??)
Tomoe
Sergey

Thats it. Basically no other characters in MO developed in any ways.
Old 2006-04-10, 00:08   Link #9
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Tomoe did go totally off the deep end...
Old 2006-04-10, 00:33   Link #10
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Mashiro. And Tomoe after her.
Old 2006-04-10, 01:17   Link #11
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila
Eres-Chan so cute make me wanna die so I can go to heaven and take her home.
Let me know how you return from death. Info will come in useful one day.

I'll take most developed to mean the character that evolved the most in the series, for good. Not worse.

My pick would be Mashiro. In addition to what you all posted, what especially impressed me was when she told herself this was the last time she would cry. Remind me of all the times when I keep failing at something and get very disapointed, and then I tell myself: 'okay, thats it. this is not going to happen again.' Later in ep 26 (or was it 25, when Arika 'killed' Zombie Rena) Mashiro followed up on this, by trying her best not to cry. (anyway she cried, but I guess her meaning of not wanting to cry animore was that she didnt want to regret anything and hence cry). So yeah, she turned from a spoiled kid to someone with inward strength.

I dont see how Tomoe developed during the show? Oh.. maybe if you mean she degenerated...

Quote:
What do they mean by most "developed" now? It could be taken in a rather odd context.
Oh? Then I pick Erstin followed by Mai.

Quote:
... Sergay is the only character who had any development that didn't lack substance and yet you don't include him in the poll. He went from being sure of his own position and life to questioning his purpose and feelings and finally before dying, he realised what was important and tried to stop Nagi.
I don't like that development because I felt it was pretty shallow and under-developed in the show. Abit cliched too.. It's supposed to have 'substance' I guess, but its been underdone (or over-used)
Old 2006-04-10, 01:24   Link #12
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox
... Sergay is the only character who had any development that didn't lack substance and yet you don't include him in the poll.
I WOULD'VE included him in the pole if I could've put more options on it. I was originally planning to put every character (except the minor ones) in the poll anyway.
Old 2006-04-10, 01:25   Link #13
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
I dont see how Tomoe developed during the show? She was a beach at the start, and a defeated beach at the end.
Well...she was pretty neutral towards Arika at first. After being enrolled into guarderobe for a period of time, Shizuru onee-sama seemed to spend more time with Arika than anyone else. Tomoe started to grow jealous, but still held back (her acts was more of indirect harm by this point. example: The stealing and selling of Arika's uniform, to get Arika expelled).

It was after she got "rejected", so to speak, by Shizuru (before she was leaving for her so-called mission), which followed by Arika coming by, and Shizuru accompanying her (Arika) to her work place. This was when her jealousy developed into hatred. (hence her agenda with Arika evolved from trying to get her kicked out of school, to more permanent harm such as rape [forever unable to become an Otome again] as well as pouring acid over her)

Yea, thats development alright.
Old 2006-04-10, 01:30   Link #14
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Well...she was pretty neutral towards Arika at first. After being enrolled into guarderobe for a period of time, Shizuru onee-sama seemed to spend more time with Arika than anyone else. Tomoe started to grow jealous, but still held back (her acts was more of indirect harm by this point. example: The stealing and selling of Arika's uniform, to get Arika expelled).

It was after she got "rejected", so to speak, by Shizuru (before she was leaving for her so-called mission), which followed by Arika coming by, and Shizuru accompanying her (Arika) to her work place. This was when her jealousy developed into hatred. (hence her agenda with Arika evolved from trying to get her kicked out of school, to more permanent harm such as rape [forever unable to become an Otome again] as well as pouring acid over her)

Yea, thats development alright.
Yeah don't forget the diaper-changing episode that went horribly wrong and left Tomoe with Infantilism..

WT.... WHO VOTED SHIZURU??
Old 2006-04-10, 01:32   Link #15
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Quote:
... Sergay is the only character who had any development that didn't lack substance and yet you don't include him in the poll.
I WOULD'VE included him in the pole if I could've put more options on it. I was originally planning to put every character (except the minor ones) in the poll anyway.

Quote:
... Sergay is the only character who had any development that didn't lack substance and yet you don't include him in the poll. He went from being sure of his own position and life to questioning his purpose and feelings and finally before dying, he realised what was important and tried to stop Nagi. No other character in Otome has any real development. Not even the main characters, who merely questioned themselves and then went back to where they started.
Ever since Nagi took over Wind Bloom, the whole cast had been attempting to stop Nagi. If anything, they spent more time trying to stop Nagi than Sergey, who realized what he was doing, (before dying, last minute kind of thing,) He developed from a person who wouldn't follow his own logical reasoning, and obeyed Nagi's every command right during the end of My Otome. He wasn't sure about what to do for half the series, and was confused about wether to follow Nagi's orders or not.
Old 2006-04-10, 01:39   Link #16
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Miss Maria !!!! from an old hag to a lovely lass ^^

Most developed.. Ers-chan, Haruka
Most under-developed.. Nina, Mashiro

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-10, 01:40   Link #17
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
Miss Maria !!!! from an old hag to a lovely lass ^^

Most developed.. Ers-chan, Haruka
Most under-developed.. Nina, Mashiro

Lol, physical development, eh?
Old 2006-04-10, 02:13   Link #18
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Mange, I had Sergei pegged for an 11th hour backstab against Nagi from the beginning.

Incidentally, I think Nagi had Sergei pegged for the 11th hour backstab too.

In all seriousness, yeah, Mashiro took the longest path, going from a spoiled rotten brat to someone who could actually lead a country, but I think Arika's character progression is more poignant.

While I'm sure that her mother would've been proud of whatever Arika decided to do. I think Rena would've been honored by her determination and virtue. And probablly sadened by how much her daughter grew in her absence.

Bah, I'm just a sap... the end of 25 gets to me too much.
Old 2006-04-10, 03:19   Link #19
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

i wan to see erstin-chan...she was the sacrificed otome..that make her special XD!! so an ova is a better choice for that
Old 2006-04-10, 15:30   Link #20
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Mashiro, hands down.
She's the only one who changed among the 3 main chars.

Arika remained the "I won't let war happen" idiot she has always been.
While Nina is still obsessed with Sergay.
Closed Thread