AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-04-07, 01:10   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 822 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Alright, credit goes to AP's Redon and Sandman for the spoiler info:

-Chapter title is something like "Under the elephant". Splash features Brooke's former "managers" when he was a rock star (those two long-arm guys) at Sabaody Archipelago.

-Chopper works together with Dr. Miyagi (a goat mink doctor) to treat Zunisha. Chopper is able to treat the ancient pachyderm's wounds with a mix of medical knowledge from the Sakura (aka former Drum) Kingdom, and the Torino Kingdom's pharmaceutical skills. Miyagi is curious as to where Zunisha has been walking to for the past millennium, and Momonosuke says he intends to stay in Zou for a while longer so he can have a talk with the elephant himself, primarily about his connection to the Kouzuki clan.

-Meanwhile, everyone prepares to make their separate journeys. The teams so far go like this: Kinemon, Zoro, and Law for the Wano team, Luffy and Pekoms for the Whole Cake Island Team, while Momonosuke remains at Zou under the protection of Inuarashi and Sicilian. Luffy goes to fetch Pekoms for their trip, and straps the lion man to his backpack, heh. At this point, the mink reveals that he has the powers of the Kame Kame no Mi (turtle fruit), and his shell is as hard as diamond. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Pedro (the jaguar mink) also volunteers to assist in the Sanji rescue (seems he and Pekoms have great respect for one another).

-Nami reveals her new weapon, the Sorcery Clima Tact! Looks like it was a collaboration between her, Usopp, and Franky that was made with a mix of the Pop Green plants and Weatheria's technology. Speaking of weapons, Franky says he'll construct a weapon powerful enough to defeat Kaidou. As for Zoro.... he intends to control all of Wano's samurai, lol. And thus, Luffy's group finally sets off to save their dear companion from an emperor's clutches.....

-Meanwhile, elsewhere in the Grand Line, we see a familiar face at a familiar location: Princess Vivi of Alabasta! She bids her father Cobra farewell as she sets off for the Reverie. She's in especially high spirits, as it's been a long time since she was last out at sea....!!!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 01:29   Link #2
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

Vivi !!! YAY

Since she's actually in the chapter this time, instead of just cover stories, then she will truely be entering back into the main plot again!! (well probably in a year or two tbh..) haha. But still! we all knew it would happen some day, but it feels so unreal to think about how long it's been since the Alabasta journey.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 01:55   Link #3
marvelB

^Yeah, Vivi is pretty much the main highlight of this chapter for me, as well. Particularly because the Reverie is something I've been looking forward to for a good while (and even then, it'll probably still be like another 200 chapters before the meeting actually takes place, lol ). But hey, at least it's great to see Vivi involved in the main story again!

Also.... for those wondering about the listed team members, I think that it's actually listing the team leaders for this case. After all, Nami's group already made it clear that they want to rescue Sanji, so I see no reason why they would be suddenly excluded a few chapters later. Also, Zoro's line about "controlling" the Wano samurai might have been a mistranslation on Sandman's part (he says that Zoro probably meant that he'll rally the samurai together to take down the shogun/Kaidou). But personally, I just gotta wonder what kind of super weapon Franky will make to take down the beastly emperor.....
Old 2016-04-07, 02:14   Link #4
Zero-alucard

Kame Kame No Mi...hope one of Pekoms attack is a reference to the kamehameha
Zero-alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 02:36   Link #5
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
What is the Reverie again?
Old 2016-04-07, 04:24   Link #6
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
What is the Reverie again?

Basically, a big meeting between all the leaders of the WG member nations where they discuss important world events. We saw a Reverie before way back in the Drum arc (during Chopper's flashback). It was even brought up as recently as Dressrosa (where Fujitora implied that it could have a major impact on the fate of the Shichibukai system, and thus the world's power balance in general). So yeah.... safe to say it's a pretty big deal.
Old 2016-04-07, 06:03   Link #7
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I wonder if the timing of Reverie at the same time as Dragon gather his revolutionary Generals and Commanders.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 06:59   Link #8
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

Frankie weapon seems interesting. he also claim that he have a weapon which could oria. but, we would know that weapon power if it hit the target.

also hooray for Vivi comeback

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 07:14   Link #9
Homura7

Carrot nowhere to be seen. She's either already snuck in the Sunny or hid herself inside Luffy's bag.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 07:18   Link #10
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCholesterol View Post
Frankie weapon seems interesting. he also claim that he have a weapon which could oria. but, we would know that weapon power if it hit the target.

also hooray for Vivi comeback
Most importantly if Franky remember Pluton blueprints that he burned at Eines Lobby he sure can make something like a mini version of Pluton or another Pluton of his own version.

We could expect some of characters return like Vivi of Alabasta Kingdom, King Neptune of Merman Island and King Dalton of Sakura Kingdom. I wonder if Iceburg also participates since Water 7 is not on any Kingdom's jurisdiction.

@Alpha
Well, most possibly she snuck in at Luffy's bag.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 07:34   Link #11
n0m@n
C-Z

Oh man!
What on earth happened to Oda! He's been bringing crazy (awesome) development lately.
I really didnt see Vivi's return at all. Maybe she will be the one breaking Sanji's marriage and becoming his bride instead lol (yeah, I'm going overboard with this ). Though I do wonder how Reverie meeting would come into play in this arc.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 07:42   Link #12
LevelSeven

alabasta is needed again?
really oda is including everything huh?

now it would be cool to see corby and the marine starting their movement after what happened with another one of the 7 swordmen
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 07:43   Link #13
Sacredus

Holy sh*t! Vivi?! Yes! I thought she would never go back to main story.

@n0m@n
Yeah, kinda. But considering Sanji revelations and that she returned in that moment, everything is possible. Let's wait and see what Oda will serve to us.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 07:48   Link #14
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Vivi's back! Awesome!
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 08:04   Link #15
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
@n0m@n
Yeah, kinda. But considering Sanji revelations and that she returned in that moment, everything is possible. Let's wait and see what Oda will serve to us.
So true. After the dressrosa arc, OP is doing so well. Havent been this hyped since Battle of Marineford.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 08:20   Link #16
jordan_d_dragon

I think vivi intend to join sanji wedding ceremony think about it the time is just perfect beside vivi looks excited.this vinsmoke family probably have bigger influence more than we can think since they can change sanji wanted poster
jordan_d_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 10:38   Link #17
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Holy Shit! Vivi!

I wasn't expecting to see her and I can only hope she's involved a fair bit in some way for the coming events.

I've missed these Luffy moments when it involves the others
Old 2016-04-07, 12:15   Link #18
Zero-alucard

unless I'm mistaken wasn't the the weapon Nami was already using called the sorcery clima tact?
Zero-alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 13:29   Link #19
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I always hope Vivi would come back but she really returned at the most unexpected moment

Nami's new climatact means she might have a good 1v1 soon

about Luffy, going down from elephant? no need for help... *jump*
I love their expressions
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 14:17   Link #20
marvelB

Huh, I'm a bit surprised so many people are expecting Vivi to appear at Sanji's wedding.... I kinda thought it was more clear that she's heading to the Reverie, as I said earlier. And I kinda doubt she currently has the time to make a detour, even if it's for the sake of her old companions.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I wonder if the timing of Reverie at the same time as Dragon gather his revolutionary Generals and Commanders.
That would be pretty interesting, especially when putting the potential conflict between the RA and Blackbeard pirates into consideration. And another funny coincidence to consider..... remember the previous Reverie I mentioned? The subject of debate at that time was.... none other than Dragon! So imagine how earth-shattering it would be for a war between the RA and one of the Yonkou to take place at the same time as this big meeting between kings.....