AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-04-29, 04:52   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 825 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Super early spoiler GW summary is out! Big credits goes to YonkouProductions from AP forums for the info:

-Chapter title is "The 'WE' Times comic strip". Splash page features Weatheria (the sky island Nami stayed at).

-Vito from Capone's crew talks about Germa 66. As it turns out, it's a demonic army that's well known for frequently clashing with the marines. In fact, those clashes inspired a famous comic strip about a hero named "Sora" who regularly fights the army.. However, that very same comic is being used to indoctrinate children with marine ideology! But with all that being said, Sanji is connected to that same evil army that was responsible for birthing the famous kid's stories.....

-Another of Capone's men, an assassin named Gotti, is angry at Sanji for talking back to Vito. Unfortunately, even Vito can't control him. However, there is someone on the ship who is: A woman who resembles the captain of the Rolling Pirates, Lola! She scolds Gotti for his actions, and the man finds himself unable to escape the lookalike's wrath....

-Back to Luffy's group, they're all suffering from starvation. They eventually decide to go fishing, and manage to land in a big catch. However, before they can prepare the fish, Luffy already starts to dig in. While everyone else enjoys their meal, Luffy is sick (poisoning) because he went ahead and started eating before the fish's poisonous scales before it was properly prepared, lol. As they continue sailing, Pekoms explains why ships in Big Mom's territory never pass through without her permission: She has sea creatures stationed underwater that send telepathic signals to her ships (through den den mushi) to alert them of any unidentified vessels in her turf.

-And a nearby ship that happened to receive those signals is... a ship belonging to Germa 66! And on that ship is a man who's keeping watch on the Sunny.... a man with curly eyebrows.....!!!

Man, this chapter sounds great! But it looks like the price of that awesomeness is having to endure Oda's own break after the magazine's.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2016-05-02 at 17:55.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 05:28   Link #2
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Hmmm, apparently poisoned? Uhhh..... must not be the typical poison. Food poisoning probably would make more sense.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 13:47   Link #3
marvelB

^Yeah, it was food poisoning, after all. The original spoiler provider fixed his summary a bit. Also, it turns out that it wasn't Lola on Big Mom's ship, but someone who resembles her. If that's the case, maybe she could be Lola's mother, rather than Charlotte....?
Old 2016-04-29, 14:00   Link #4
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Two weeks, no! D:

Let's get some speculation going, though.

01. Do you think Sanji will change his mind about staying with Big Mum, based on that picture he saw?
02. Do you think Luffy's crew will actually face off against Big Mum herself this early?
03. Do you think an alliance or friendly terms between Luffy and Big Mum are possible?
04. Will Jack come back to Zou and possibly face off against Law and Zoro?
05. What will happen to Kidd?
06. Do you think the Samurai can quietly invade the underground of Wano Kuni?
07. Where is Marco?
08. What happened to Dragon and the Revolutionaries?
09. What will be Blackbeard's role in this arc?
10. What will Shanks do?
Old 2016-04-29, 14:09   Link #5
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Yeah, it was food poisoning, after all. The original spoiler provider fixed his summary a bit. Also, it turns out that it wasn't Lola on Big Mom's ship, but someone who resembles her. If that's the case, maybe she could be Lola's mother, rather than Charlotte....?
That might mean that Lola could be Charlotte's granddaughter. As for the curly browed man on the Germa 66 ship, I'm guessing he's either Sanji's father or one of Sanji's older brothers.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 12:56   Link #6
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Finally the Lola link is going to play out, that should make for some interesting interactions!

So Germa 66 is for real? That explains why Vito referred to them as Sanji's team, that confused me at first. Guess that comic was a way to taunt the real ones then, else why would you use the same baddies... And could that imply that Sora is also based on a real person?
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 17:36   Link #7
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I think I lost when it looked like Luffy starting staring at Tony who started freaking out XD
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 18:04   Link #8
marvelB

Alright, fixed the summary a tad now that the chapter's out. Rather interesting that Big Mom seems to have a sort of "Alice in Wonderland" theme going on, what with the tea parties and even having a talking door on her ship. I'm also liking Capone's crew more and more, as well. That Gotti guy's design actually reminds me a bit of Zephyr from Film Z (big, older guy with a metal arm). Hope we get to see more notable members of the Fire Tank pirates....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Finally the Lola link is going to play out, that should make for some interesting interactions!

Just keep in mind that the woman we saw only RESEMBLES Lola. It doesn't actually seem to be her (though even Sanji pointed out the familiar appearance). But yeah, I don't doubt that the connection will still come to play here.

Anyways, as amused as I was by Luffy getting poisoned, for some reason I was more amused at the sight of humanoid animals based on herbivores (reindeer, rabbit) happily feasting on fish meat. But I guess it's that humanoid aspect that lets their bodies process meat in the first place, heh. I'm also rather interested in that Sora comic Vito was talking about earlier.... I just find it very interesting that the WG would use such a form of propaganda. Maybe Oda will show us some more of that comic some time, be it in the main story or via SBS....?
Old 2016-05-02, 19:00   Link #9
itachi-san314

Quote:
I'm also rather interested in that Sora comic Vito was talking about earlier.... I just find it very interesting that the WG would use such a form of propaganda. Maybe Oda will show us some more of that comic some time, be it in the main story or via SBS....?
Yea, I wonder who writes/draws it? It would be funny if it was someone we've known for a while like Kizaru or Garp or someone. It would have to be one of the elders though most likely, unless someone took it over recently.

I'm a huge fan of the Germa 66 ship btw. It might be my favorite ship design so far.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 21:12   Link #10
Zero-alucard

Actually, regarding that seen with the Lola look alike. When she said "They'll ice father in a blink of an eye", who is she referring to exactly? Capone Bege? If so, does that mean she is part of the Firetank Pirates, not actually Big Mom's crew?
Zero-alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 21:33   Link #11
Slayerx

Quote:
Alright, fixed the summary a tad now that the chapter's out. Rather interesting that Big Mom seems to have a sort of "Alice in Wonderland" theme going on, what with the tea parties and even having a talking door on her ship. I'm also liking Capone's crew more and more, as well. That Gotti guy's design actually reminds me a bit of Zephyr from Film Z (big, older guy with a metal arm). Hope we get to see more notable members of the Fire Tank pirates....
Ya i'm particualrly loving Vito right now what with him totally geeking out over a manga ... not to mention one thing i could help but notice is how he reacted to Sanji's marriage. He looks like the kind of scumbag who would love to take advantage of being forced to marry someone sexy, but no he considers forced marriage tragic no matter the circumstances. I like that tiny bit of nuance; its subtle but shows a bit of additional character

Quote:
I just find it very interesting that the WG would use such a form of propaganda. Maybe Oda will show us some more of that comic some time, be it in the main story or via SBS....?
I'm hoping for a one shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-alucard View Post
Actually, regarding that seen with the Lola look alike. When she said "They'll ice father in a blink of an eye", who is she referring to exactly? Capone Bege? If so, does that mean she is part of the Firetank Pirates, not actually Big Mom's crew?
Yes capone is the one that's commonly called father so she is indeed most likely part of his crew. Though one possibility is that capone, or one of his crew, needed to marry into big mom's family to join their crew, so she could still be big mom's daughter

In fact i'm actually fairly certain it is not lola. WE actually did see lola in one of of the cover stories. She still wears the same clothing she did back on thriller bark, she has longer hair/braids, and she's missing a tooth; she was also last scene in water 7, not in the new world. So ya, i got my money on that woman being her twin sister
Old 2016-05-04, 05:32   Link #12
n0m@n
C-Z

So no more OP untill end of May now...
The wait~. Oh well, we entered the Yonko Arc so cant complain now.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-04, 19:26   Link #13
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

lol, didn't expect much Nami can cook based on Sanji's recipe XD

I was hoping Germa will not just do a gung-ho attack though, probably he will find some books made by Sanji and question them about Sanji.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-11, 05:42   Link #14
jordan_d_dragon

An avareage chapter to me nothing big happen.luffy and crew part are to long and break again.hope sanji brother or father is actually evil to make thing interesting.and i dont know who start the rumor that one of sanji brother is dead.
jordan_d_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-11, 05:44   Link #15
jordan_d_dragon

Sora is sengoku
jordan_d_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 21:30   Link #16
marvelB

Huh, these discussions always seem to be slower during breaks....

Anyways, I'm still personally more interested in the Reverie than the current emperor conflicts at the moment. I'm just itching to see more of those royals and what topics get brought up (a potential replacement for the Shichibukai system is pretty much guaranteed, for one thing). I still have many doubts about Dragon invading Mariejois during the meeting, but I suppose it wouldn't be out of the question for him to have a mole or two placed there (like how he had Kuma act as a spy through his shichibukai status). But whatever happens, I expect the Reverie to be quite an epic event, indeed....

And going back to the current chapter's events, I suppose it's safe to assume the dude at the end of the chapter is a brother of Sanji's (I sorta doubt it's the head of the Vinsmokes, at least.... I'd expect him to already be by Big Mom's side). Heh, I wonder if the rest of Sanji's family are perverted like he is?
Old 2016-05-13, 17:04   Link #17
Rainbowman

Quote:
And going back to the current chapter's events, I suppose it's safe to assume the dude at the end of the chapter is a brother of Sanji's (I sorta doubt it's the head of the Vinsmokes, at least.... I'd expect him to already be by Big Mom's side). Heh, I wonder if the rest of Sanji's family are perverted like he is?
I wonder if the Vinsmoke family has any daughters and/or nieces? It would be great to see female perverts senran kagura style. 😏👩*❤️*💋*👩
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-13, 18:41   Link #18
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I wonder if the Vinsmoke family has any daughters and/or nieces? It would be great to see female perverts senran kagura style. 😏👩*❤️*💋*👩
Huh? I don't get it. plz teach me!

I think it's possible that they'd have daughters though.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-13, 22:50   Link #19
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Well, if those resembles Lola are there.. Let's make sure if what if Nami finds her, if both know each other then it's Lola.

So, what kind of abilities does Vinsmoke family has and i was wondering is Sanji goes to "Demon Mode" where he can use Diable Jamble endlessly just like when he almost goes to "Demon Mode" on thriller bark.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-14, 03:10   Link #20
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I'm going to assume that the man seen at the end of the chapter is just one of Sanji's brothers, and not his father... since considering his father is apparently really important... I don't think he'd be on a mere scouting ship.

Now the thing I'm mostly curious for... is the rest of Sanji's family as hopeless with women as he is? I mean, we haven't actually heard anything about Sanji's mother still being around...