AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-11, 19:19   Link #41
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
New York isn't even close to Tokyo in summer, especially when you factor humidity in.

https://weatherspark.com/y/143809/Av...pan-Year-Round
https://weatherspark.com/m/23912/8/A...-United-States

But we're obviously getting off topic here, so whatever.
Point is, don't compare Tokyo (concrete heat island) and New York (concrete heat island) to Kitami. Much of the US needs both heat and AC to not result in a life-threatening condition as the seasons hit their extremes.

Kitami isn't even that cold per historical climate data, at least compared to the same Humid Continental Climate zone that it occupies along with...most of the United states northeast (Japan and the Eastern US share a lot of climate regions, actually). Temperatures are pretty comparable. It's hard to compare culture to culture, but that's what makes a lot of these series tough to suspend disbelief. It's not THAT cold. Flying Witch certainly handled this better for Aomori.

And for the record, the US cities aren't bad, or they wouldn't be populous. Much of them are on the coast, which tempers the extremes. It's the swamps, forests, and plains surrounding the big cities that have the same life-threatening humidity.

Last edited by ryllharu; 2024-01-11 at 19:39.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-12, 20:20   Link #42
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Certainly not the conversation I expected about this particular series...

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 08:30   Link #43
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Certainly not the conversation I expected about this particular series...
Yes, I think we should shift our focus to the average breast size of JKs in Hokkaido
Old 2024-01-15, 13:21   Link #44
Frontier

What's better than a Hokkaido Gal taking a selfie with a cute snowman? A Hokkaido Gal whispering right into your ear or asking you out on a date at a Winter Festival? Either way, Tsubasa's got it good .

Oh hey, Fuyuki's family! Her cute little sis Momo and her mom (or older sister?) voiced by Eri Kitamura! I'd love to see Tsubasa meet them !

Look at Fuyuki looking so snazzy in her casual wear! Especially with that stitching revealing the side of her legs. Even when she's more covered up than usual she's quite the stunner, lucky Tsubasa .

Fuyuki was worried Tsubasa would think the Winter Festival would be too kiddie and lame but he really ends up enjoying himself! And all the snow sculptures and food are pretty cool .

Fuyuki already taking a bite out of Tsubasa's sugary corn dog! And in turn Tsubasa manages to get his first indirect kiss from her. And the way she laughed afterwards, she totally knows what she's doing .

Tsubasa's enthusiasm and pure joy is making Fuyuki realize how much she loves Hokkaido! And also a different kind of love when Tsubasa ends up saving her from falling. No wonder she wants to go to other festivals with him !

Fuyuki is trying to sell Tsubasa on proper Hokkaido cuisine even if it ends up being junk food, though getting fed by her during lunch makes it all the more worth it, though seeing his typical bento makes Fuyuki HAVE to visit his home to confirm if he's actually a rich Tokyo kid .

That angle of Fuyuki going into the snow fort is quite the sight, all the moreso when she drags Tsubasa in with her and the tight space makes the two get pretty intimate...and Fuyuki just has to make it sound like they're getting busy in said snow fort. In hearing distance of Tsubasa's grandma. What a way to introduce yourself .

Tsubasa's grandma doesn't seem to take to Fuyuki's outspokenness and Gal personality, but Fuyuki knows Hokkaido and is surprisingly considerate of proper safety, which earns some points and a proper invite to Tsubasa's home. As well as Tsubasa re-confirming that they're friends !

Okay...maybe Tsubasa's family is a LITTLE rich !

Tsubasa's grandma doesn't quite know what to make of Tsubasa, but if he's genuinely happy about being around Fuyuki, who is she to criticize? Although it'll still take her a while to get used to a Gal around the house .

The ED features cute shots of all the Hokkaido Gals and their feelings for Tsubasa! Even cuddling with a Tsubasa plushie! And speaking of Hokkaido Gals, looks like Tsubasa is going to be sitting next to Akino, the Gamer Gal, on a ski trip !
Old 2024-01-15, 15:11   Link #45
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-15, 19:19   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So according to the ED, it's going to be one of THOSE anime. You know, the ones where several girls fight over the same guy when the winner has been obvious to the viewer from the start. I was hoping it would be one of those comfy romance series where the heroine doesn't really have any competition and we'd just get to appreciate the budding relationship between the leads without drama.

Still really nice boobs, though.
Old 2024-01-15, 19:54   Link #47
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So according to the ED, it's going to be one of THOSE anime. You know, the ones where several girls fight over the same guy when the winner has been obvious to the viewer from the start. I was hoping it would be one of those comfy romance series where the heroine doesn't really have any competition and we'd just get to appreciate the budding relationship between the leads without drama.

Still really nice boobs, though.
The last few Gal romcoms haven't had Harems (maybe a love triangle or two) though I'm kind of curious what the other two girls are like .
Old 2024-01-16, 01:19   Link #48
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-16, 10:04   Link #49
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Yeah I remember the manga having a decent amount of hype on Discord at least but the whole harem turn ended up killing the manga for a lot of people. It reminds me a lot of Hajimete no Gal in certain aspects, including some of the most irritating plot points. I'll see how long I stick with the anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The last few Gal romcoms haven't had Harems (maybe a love triangle or two) though I'm kind of curious what the other two girls are like .
Its kinda frustrating but gals get done dirty in a lot of romcoms in large part due to the protagonists' overwhelming beta-ness. Fuufu Ijou Koibito Miman still finds ways to infuriate me though I for some reason come back to the manga every month. All of the ongoing gal series are adapted now I think, unless the PG-13 version of Imaizumin gets an anime somehow.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-16, 10:37   Link #50
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Yeah I remember the manga having a decent amount of hype on Discord at least but the whole harem turn ended up killing the manga for a lot of people. It reminds me a lot of Hajimete no Gal in certain aspects, including some of the most irritating plot points. I'll see how long I stick with the anime.Its kinda frustrating but gals get done dirty in a lot of romcoms in large part due to the protagonists' overwhelming beta-ness. Fuufu Ijou Koibito Miman still finds ways to infuriate me though I for some reason come back to the manga every month. All of the ongoing gal series are adapted now I think, unless the PG-13 version of Imaizumin gets an anime somehow.
I guess it's also a convenient way of keeping the plot going because it seems like Fuyuki and Tsubasa would hook up immediately if there weren't any love rivals .
Old 2024-01-16, 20:08   Link #51
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Yeah I remember the manga having a decent amount of hype on Discord at least but the whole harem turn ended up killing the manga for a lot of people. It reminds me a lot of Hajimete no Gal in certain aspects, including some of the most irritating plot points. I'll see how long I stick with the anime.
I still have it on my Reading list on MangaDex, but I basically stopped reading it because of this. Very irksome.

Old 2024-01-22, 13:18   Link #52
Frontier

The perks of going to school in Hokkaido is getting to take skiing classes! The hyped for skiing gyaru Fuyuki isn't half-bad either, especially with how great she looks in ski gear !

Of course the only thing Fuyuki wants more than skiing is to get along with Akino, the girl sitting next to Tsubasa on the bus. I mean, she's super cute, has somehow managed to capture both polite and proper cool beauty looks coupled with gyaru style in a lethal combination, and is voiced by Yumiri Hanamori. Who wouldn't want to know her better? Though she doesn't appreciate seeing Tsubasa close to her either .

And Tsubasa and Akino end up together as the only beginners in the class, though Tsubasa's efforts to get Akino to open up to Fuyuki are hindered by Akino seeming very standoffish...even if she's also a little dorky watching her stumble at skiing .

Wow, Fuyuki really is a queen on the slopes! She really has been doing that since she was a kid. And I wish every ski resort had a Mountain Rescue Gyaru on hand to help out people in need !

Is that hoodie girl Fuyuki's friend ?

Don't you just love it when you go back to the bus to pick up chopsticks only to stumble on a sweaty girl with her shirt up on said bus ?

And now that Tsubasa has seen her sweat and in her bra, Akino may as well open up to him about the rest of her problems. He seems pretty reliable in his own way and this is his first impression of her, after all. Akino comes off pretty closed off and icy but she really does wish she could get along better with people, but she's held herself back so much because of her propensity for sweating that she has no idea how to interact with people now or make friends .

Though what she is good at is gaming. She either becomes super serious or super happy when it comes to her games, and she's happy to teach Tsubasa a thing or two on her Switch. And Tsubasa totally accepts her for who she is and thinks she's amazing as a gamer, which is a critical hit on Akino .

Time for a proper ski challenge to help Akino become friends with Fuyuki! Though it's great that Tsubasa has mastered stopping, but it would've been better if he'd taught her how to stop beforehand...but luckily Fuyuki arrived just in time to save Akino and help build up the girls' relationship, which is what Tsubasa wanted to begin with. He even enthusiastically gets in trouble with the teacher for her sake !

So, in all in, this was a great trip! Fuyuki is getting along better with Akino, and Akino and Tsubasa...are getting a bit too chummy for Fuyuki's liking, though the two of them sleeping next to each other in their sweets is pretty adorable .
Old 2024-01-26, 09:35   Link #53
Lex79

And so, Fuyuki learned that make your candidate boyfriend conscious of how cute and wonderful another girl is might not be exactly the smartest move.
Old 2024-01-29, 02:15   Link #54
Alchemist007
*Author

Wingwoman against her will.
Old 2024-01-29, 13:19   Link #55
Frontier

I guess you're not a true resident of Hokkaido until you brave your first blizzard. Though Tsubasa in a bind because not only does he have to walk through it, he has sore muscles from the ski trip !

I love how in his seeming last moments walking in a blizzard, Tsubasa thinks of Fuyuki, and thinks Heaven looks like her. I also love how he thinks even Fuyuki could just casually walks through a blizzard when she just gets a ride with her mom to school because she has common sense .

(So, wait, did his grandma really expect him to walk all the way to school in a blizzard or did she think he'd have enough sense to take a bus or cab ?).

It's tough being a Hokkaido Gyaru! Especially when clothing prices are so high .

Well, Tsubasa finally gets to meet Fuyuki's mom and she's every bit the gyaru her daughter is. The gyaru bloodline runs strong in this family (and judging by the mom remarking how Tsubasa looks like the dad, their taste in men as well). I love how Tsubasa thought she looked like Fuyuki's older sister too. And of course the mom is all in on teasing Tsubasa and his relationship with Fuyuki, but she's also as susceptible to critical hits from him when he compliments both women. Either way, he has her full approval .

Oh, so that's how Fuyuki keeps warm, she has warmers on her body at like all times. Though what a way to flash your chest too .

It's nice to see Sayuri and Fuyuki are now closer as friends now, even if they both are two opposite born-and-bred Hokkaido girls...and Sayuri is a little self-conscious she doesn't speak like one .

Tsubasa should've realized that hanging out with two Hokkaido gyaru's would lead him to hanging out at the local Hokkaido mall. And not only do the friends get to game together but the girls even get to shop for cosmetics and get their mutual guy friend to pick one out for them! They make a fun trio .

Tsubasa wants to check on homework status and instead gets treated to Fuyuki in the bath. Girl is willing to take selfies of her legs and chest in the bath all to rile up Tsubasa, and failing that video calling him. Hasn't he seen enough of the goods already ?

Though the only thing more shocking for Fuyuki than realizing she has homework to finish is that Tsubasa might've seen her buck-naked. Though it seems like he just narrowly missed seeing such a sight, though the audience got quite an eyeful !
Old 2024-01-29, 19:22   Link #56
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I know people started hating the manga after some point, but even where the anime is now, I fail to see what people saw in it to begin with. This is basically the romcom equivalent of all those bottom of the barrel isekai with OP protagonist. The MC is so bland I can never even remember his name, yet he has the hottest girl in Hokkaido sending him nudes after a few weeks (that bath water wasn't covering much), and another one starting to fall in love with him because he said she's good at gaming, as if other boys would be repulsed by the idea of a pretty girl being into gaming.

I'm waiting for the last girl and unless she's somehow amazing, I'm dropping it.

The only saving grace of this show is Fuyuki being super hot and always flaunting her goods. That and the seiyuus.
Old 2024-01-29, 20:35   Link #57
JagdPanther

Quote:
unless she's somehow amazing
So, about that........

Old 2024-01-30, 00:33   Link #58
Frontier

Quote:
I know people started hating the manga after some point, but even where the anime is now, I fail to see what people saw in it to begin with. This is basically the romcom equivalent of all those bottom of the barrel isekai with OP protagonist. The MC is so bland I can never even remember his name, yet he has the hottest girl in Hokkaido sending him nudes after a few weeks (that bath water wasn't covering much), and another one starting to fall in love with him because he said she's good at gaming, as if other boys would be repulsed by the idea of a pretty girl being into gaming.

I'm waiting for the last girl and unless she's somehow amazing, I'm dropping it.

The only saving grace of this show is Fuyuki being super hot and always flaunting her goods. That and the seiyuus.
But Nobunaga Shimizaki has has such Harem MC rizz .

I don't think it was just that she thought she would be rejected for the gaming so much as he was just really earnestly into it having never played it before and didn't judge her for anything (her gaming, her skills, her sweat), etc.
Old 2024-01-30, 07:03   Link #59
EroKing

Episode 4

Pretty much the same reaction as Kanon's

I seriously can't remember the last time they drew a MC this plain looking. His reactions during the bathroom scene was damn near insufferable. Hell, the NTR tag exists solely for guys like him...

Show still kinda dumb with the girls and even the milf finding the dude to be even remotely interesting. But well, gyaru oppai...
Old 2024-01-30, 07:11   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
I seriously can't remember the last time they drew a MC this plain looking. His reactions during the bathroom scene was damn near insufferable. Hell, the NTR tag exists solely for guys like him...
Seriously, what kind of teenager reacts to pics of his super hot classmate in the bath (pics SHE sent) and goes "oh no, my virgin eyes! I must not look and concentrate on studying!"