AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-28, 09:55   Link #1441
ookamigirl

Very weird final episode.
Nothing to do with are main characters.
Felt like watching a different, yet similar anime.
Kumagawa and Saki vs Fude.
They demonstrated some very interesting powers.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 09:56   Link #1442
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I feel that Medaka Box doesn't exists anymore when Kumagawa appears... I guess this series won't have another season!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 10:16   Link #1443
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This final episode was brilliant. They made perfect use of the medium and it was a very clever way to put an end to the anime. It's clear there won't be a third season after this, which is a goddamn shame since the next arc is the best Medaka Box has to offer. I want more animated Kumagawa!!

So, how did the people who were displeased when Kumagawa's seiyuu was first announced find Megumi Ogata's performance?
Old 2012-12-28, 10:42   Link #1444
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This final episode was brilliant. They made perfect use of the medium and it was a very clever way to put an end to the anime. It's clear there won't be a third season after this, which is a goddamn shame since the next arc is the best Medaka Box has to offer. I want more animated Kumagawa!!

So, how did the people who were displeased when Kumagawa's seiyuu was first announced find Megumi Ogata's performance?
True, since GAINAX doesn't care about sequels anyway... (Panty and Stocking, anyone?)

Nevertheless, this is how Medaka- I mean, Kumagawa ends...
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 10:55   Link #1445
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Although I didn't have any particular issues at the time when Megumi Ogata was revealed to be Kumagawa's VA itself, I was slightly disappointed with her performance in the 11th episode. At the time, I would have said that her voice lacks impact. After this episode, though, I don't mind saying that her Kumagawa is at least competent. In the end I haven't been fully satisfied by any of the VAs for this adaptation, but they have each certainly done some great work.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 20:00   Link #1446
Qilin
Romanticist

Oh, man. This episode is Nisio writing in his element. I figured that they had to completely demolish that fourth wall before this season ended, but what a way to end things with a bang... Petty things like mediums and genres mean nothing to Kumagawa from the looks of it.

All-in-all it was a great fanservice episode. I didn't expect to see Anshin'in at this point, but her appearance was very much welcome.
Old 2012-12-28, 20:18   Link #1447
shadow1296

i have a feeling we won't get a second season and i think i kno why,
for all that its worth medaka box is an interesting manga and has a decent anime, but the anime's first season is where the problem lies, but nnot with the fact it wasn't any good no its the fact that it was a 12 episoder and this is what went to its down fall, the reason is medaka box doesn't shine until the abnormal arc 2 this series is like naruto and bleach in a way, by that i mean is you cant truly hook people with just the first twelve episodes, do you guys honestly think bleach and naruto would have lasted as long as they did as anime's if they did what gainax did to medaka box? honestly i dont think so but all in all it was a good series should've its anime run been like reborn, beelzebub, sket, naruto, bleach, and fairy tail? yes it should have because its that kind of series but it didn't and thats y we wont see a third season
Old 2012-12-28, 20:36   Link #1448
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i have a feeling we won't get a second season and i think i kno why,
for all that its worth medaka box is an interesting manga and has a decent anime, but the anime's first season is where the problem lies, but nnot with the fact it wasn't any good no its the fact that it was a 12 episoder and this is what went to its down fall, the reason is medaka box doesn't shine until the abnormal arc 2 this series is like naruto and bleach in a way, by that i mean is you cant truly hook people with just the first twelve episodes, do you guys honestly think bleach and naruto would have lasted as long as they did as anime's if they did what gainax did to medaka box? honestly i dont think so but all in all it was a good series should've its anime run been like reborn, beelzebub, sket, naruto, bleach, and fairy tail? yes it should have because its that kind of series but it didn't and thats y we wont see a third season
I don't think that having a buttload of crappy episodes is the trick to having a successful anime...
Old 2012-12-28, 20:52   Link #1449
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
I don't think that having a buttload of crappy episodes is the trick to having a successful anime...
the thing is medaka box slowly but surely gets better it proved that with the abnormal arc but your right bunch of crappy episodes dont make a successlful anime but there are series that more episodes would have helped them and this is one of those i am not saying that it would have been successful im saying that it might've because its like naruto and bleach a manga where you have to expience multiple arcs to truly enjoy it
Old 2012-12-29, 21:50   Link #1450
Kakkou
Tch.

Gainax really loves that King Kittan, eh? How typical of Anshin'in to be outside the panel.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 22:01   Link #1451
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sigh and the last episode feels like an ova and the way it ended it look like anther season
Old 2012-12-29, 22:12   Link #1452
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I still don't get the point of that mech.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 01:33   Link #1453
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

For the last episode opening...I certainly wouldn't mind watching/listening to Najimi talk to me for 30 minutes. lol
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 14:48   Link #1454
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Sigh and the last episode feels like an ova and the way it ended it look like anther season
Following the Manga they altered the story a bit and made somethign new, or a chapter I didn't read for some reason. Since the chapter 'Good looser Kumaawa' had the content of what happened between the old Council Prez and kumagawa.

As for Another season: i would really like to see a season 3 to 7, but I'm not sure if the 4th wall would be able to hold together with Anshin'in around oO

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 10:20   Link #1455
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
As for Another season: i would really like to see a season 3 to 7, but I'm not sure if the 4th wall would be able to hold together with Anshin'in around oO
You say that like it's a bad thing
Old 2013-01-01, 10:41   Link #1456
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Funny how they'll stop making more seasons right before the very best arc from the manga xD
I haven't watched the anime much since I only started to get a real interest in Medaka Box until the Minus arc...but since they won't animate it...ah well, just a shame really.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 22:08   Link #1457
PringlesXD
Delicious Can of Chips

Send a message via MSN to PringlesXD
That final episode was simply the best thing ever. Up until now, the adaptation was faithful yet only fair and I could barely capture the essence of the manga, but Good Loser Kumagawa did it for me.

I hope we'll see a third season someday... probably not, but a man can dream.
PringlesXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 00:03   Link #1458
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by PringlesXD View Post
That final episode was simply the best thing ever. Up until now, the adaptation was faithful yet only fair and I could barely capture the essence of the manga, but Good Loser Kumagawa did it for me.

I hope we'll see a third season someday... probably not, but a man can dream.
Aye that episode was pretty good, I wanted to skip it first, but it made me read the manga instead. ~ the orignal 'Good looser Kumagawa' episode might have made more sense though.

Anshinn'in was very vague with her wording whether there will b a 3rd season, so both is atm possible.
I'd really like the entire Manga Animated, as Anshin'in brings a lot of fun into the story.
On the other hand saves me the annoyance of a certain imho undeserved relationship that will come up.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 11:41   Link #1459
Clarste
Human

Undeserved? Since when does the concept of "deserving" even come into play regarding relationships?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 11:58   Link #1460
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Undeserved? Since when does the concept of "deserving" even come into play regarding relationships?
This concept exist only in heads of biggest shippers.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, shounen