AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-10-07, 11:42   Link #101
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Fight Club. The violence and style in the novel would make a good anime; as long as the anime-like effects aren't to overly used.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 14:42   Link #102
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
It's one of those shorter manga titles that you just don't hear much about, and it was published in the USA by a company that is now out of business (Raijin), but all the same, I think an anime version of Gau Gau Wata would be awesome. The characters and story really struck me as fun and original.

For those who want to know more about it -

Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bow_Wow_Wata

Review - http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/m...?manga_view=48
(As you can see, I am not alone - AnimeOnDVD gave it very solid marks.)

Purchase - http://www.animecornerstore.com/bowwowwano.html
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 15:09   Link #103
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Some studio needs to make an anime about the Lieutenant Colonel Jack Churchill, that guy, at his time, is the embodiment of GAR.

Quote:
"any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed".
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 23:02   Link #104
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Fire Emblem7 - I think it would make a good anime, but there will be lot of character left out.
Super Robot War OG2- the anime base on the first one was pretty bad, but the story of the game would make a good anime so if there is a second it has a potential to be good.
None OG Super Robot War- now that anime would be awesome, but I think that it will be impossible to be made.
Old 2007-10-08, 01:20   Link #105
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
Fire Emblem7 - I think it would make a good anime, but there will be lot of character left out.
Forget that, Fire Emblem 4 was way more epic. And what's an anime without INCEST?

If you think about it, though, Fire Emblem 6 was practically a dating sim disguised as a tactical RPG. You got one guy surrounded by the devoted blue-haired cousin/childhood friend, the genki carefree girl, the silent aloof girl, the outgoing flirtatious girl, and the really mysterious and magical girl, all of whom are potential brides. Eh...I always thought that was funny. And as far as I'm concerned, Roy was barely any better than your standard wimpy male protagonist...at least until chapter 22.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 03:29   Link #106
patnam

I prefer VAGABOND to be animated, coz it based the story of legendary samurai Miyamoto Musashi.
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 17:19   Link #107
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Dune. I mean, come on. DUNE.
Old 2007-10-08, 18:12   Link #108
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Yotsubato! would make a classic anime, I think. I was sure it already had, but I can't find any references that it has been.
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 20:01   Link #109
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

After seeing various references to the Tale of Genji, most recently in eps 9-10 of Mononoke, I started reading it the other day (the Waley translation). I'd love to see more shows with classical Japanese roots. The historical shows I've seen tend toward the fantasy genre rather than realistic portrayals of traditional Japanese history, life, and customs. Has Genji ever been animated? There certainly is no lack of material; the main English translations are even abridged.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 01:22   Link #110
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Hmm, another story that I think would be interesting to make into an anime would be Hellraiser, or it's book counterpart The Hellbound Heart.
Old 2007-10-13, 11:50   Link #111
hideFan

Lamento is BEGGING to become an anime. I think they are just thinking people might see it as a Loveless rip off. =/
hideFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 23:31   Link #112
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

You know, they need an Anime Version of Boondocks...

Basically something that conveys Asian and Otaku Culture(From Maid Culture, Anime, Marimite's effect on all-girl school animes, Why Harem males are wusses) as well as the quirkier aspects of being an asian. While lucky star fufilled that criteria to a certain percentage, this one should be more edgy and slightly more Satirical. Here is some examples...

On Marimite...

Narrating: Of course, from my bro's Point of View, it was the best thing since imports came to America, but for me, it was the most heartbreaking thing to hit me...

Asian Riley (Basically general Otaku except in looks): Listen, if she goes into Versailes All girl's school, my girl is going to start swinging the other way.

Asian Huey (similiar to Huey except being asian and such): What the hell are going rambling on about? She is getting a better education, something you could do if you start paying attention in class.

Asian Riley: What the hell are you talking about? All girls school is basically an legal lesbian bar, its a place where girls go and fall for each other. Havent Marimite and Watashi to Otome taught us nothing. I mean in Watashi to Otome, you never see the guy dating the girls without switching genders goddamnit!

Asian Huey: And I thought the education failed to deal with the stress of us students, he was basically a basket case.

On Harem Comedy...

AR: Somehow I dont understand why we bother with Harem Comedy, we know the guy would never get laid and that he will get more beatings then the heroine in a lifetime soap.

AH: Thats because if the guy gets laid, the anime will end too quickly.

AR: Still, its makes you think why that wussy son of a ***** chicken out of free sex.

AH: "Switches to a movie"

Chick: "is standing near a skyline" I cant believe you slept with her as well as the countless other girls! Not to mention you got them all pregnant! "Fires several rounds at the guy, leaving a bloody corpse and points the gun at the girl" Now you are next! "Fires several round at her"

AR: Nice Car!
Old 2007-10-19, 05:30   Link #113
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Seinfeld.

No?
Yes Please! Though its hard to think of watching it with different music/sounds so if they used alot of the same, then maybe...

Or they could make The Godfather (I,II,II) into a anime, I could see that work.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 16:54   Link #114
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Now that I think of it, another manga I'd really love seeing as an anime would be Pretty Face. It would be a laugh-riot as an anime.
Old 2007-10-21, 07:44   Link #115
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

is there anime close to Friends it's great show and funny
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 08:39   Link #116
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

I crazy idea just came to mind... how about the novel Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
Old 2007-10-21, 17:05   Link #117
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
I crazy idea just came to mind... how about the novel Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
I don't see why not! They certainly adapted the american SF/F novel "Howl's Moving Castle" into anime, though they changed the story quite a bit in the process...
Old 2007-10-22, 08:35   Link #118
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

^you have a point there.

After reading it recently, Neuromancer by William Gibson would make a cool anime.
Old 2007-10-22, 15:41   Link #119
Yosho
Putting ice in icecream

I've been toying around with the idea of "Wheel of Time" by Robert Jordan being an anime. I think that would make one of the greatest anime's of all time. Though I am biased because I'm an avid reader.
Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 20:18   Link #120
Thrasher187
Spellcaster
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Thrasher187
I would like to see the television series Charmed as an anime. (^_^)
Thrasher187 is offline   Reply With Quote