AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-31, 02:21   Link #6841
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
It's hawt. I like it.
And how are we to draw that within 1~2 pages?
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 02:22   Link #6842
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by asteron View Post
342 pages? When this thread was just 40 pages I decided to take the plunge and read through it... but now, a couple of weeks later, this thread is monstrously huge!

I kind of wish there was an RSS feed of the latest greatest fanworks (fan art, voice overs, animation, fanfiction, rewrites, etc).

Congrats on the #1 haruhi thread.
W00t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFX2501 View Post
Wow this thread has grown so big since the last time I read it (~1 week ago) theres so much to read and look at . Congrats on being the #1 Haruhi thread and possiblly the #1 fan project I've ever seen for the Suzumiya Haruhi series.

I was wondering If I could join in on the fun, I would be a graphical artist guy and probably work with furyofthewolves on the covers and some other stuff.

Heres a quick incomplete mock of a possible cover:

Im usually a lurker but this project has grabbed my interest so much Im probably going to post a lot more now
W00t again.

Sweet cover by the way.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 02:26   Link #6843
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
You tell me. You're the doujinmaker.

You don't really need to set up too much of the quietness thing anyway. I mean, if they're in a public-ish location, you can just draw them... going at it... and Kyonko just needs to be, you know, muffled.

I feel dirty just thinking those thoughts, let alone writing them. I'm not cut out for this.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 02:27   Link #6844
Forceflow
Kyonko is not amused~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Forceflow
Quote:
reference the start of Beat Angel Escalayer Episode 2. It was, like done within 2-3 minutes.

I'm not myself right now. Too much caffeine...
Forceflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 02:28   Link #6845
Red225

You guys get off topic with faaar too much stuff O.o

[humor]If Itsuko gets to name the fleets after Culture ships, she really needs to call Mitsuuru's one I said, I've got a big stick [/humor]

Hmm... EDITJOB?!

Spoiler for Remote Island Syndrome Part Seven EDITJOB:

A couple of minor him/her gender edits, added a bit of Kyon having flashbacks to Ryo's attack, and trying to fix one plot-point - it seems a lot more out of character for Kyon to be so overly worried about Mitsuuru's wellbeing. Original Mikuru is next to completely physically helpless compared to original Kyon, but Kyonko wouldn't be physically stronger than Mitsuuru (probably). Given that, there wouldn't exactly be the same protective feeling that Kyon has towards Mikuru. So I changed it to Kyonko's little brother (I forget what the japanese name for that is, though :/). She'd definitely be protective over him.

Alternatively, you could have Mitsuuru offering to go out on his own to help look for Itsuko, but THEN Kyonko worries about his safety and tells him to stay where he is, with Yuuki.

Spoiler for miniedit:
Red225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 02:28   Link #6846
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS
Quote:
Either cut one of the costumes, cut a page here and there with the various costumes (or part of the story... with some reorganization a page could possibly be cut) or, the best/hardest option, add more pages

We have approximately 15-12 pages for 6 (?) costumes. But the clubroom scene should have more then average, since it'll be one of the more important scenes.

EDIT: @ Red225 - btw, Otouto = Little brother
CanadaAotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 02:31   Link #6847
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
You don't really need to set up too much of the quietness thing anyway. I mean, if they're in a public-ish location, you can just draw them... going at it... and Kyonko just needs to be, you know, muffled.

I feel dirty just thinking those thoughts, let alone writing them. I'm not cut out for this.
I think SM is a little over the top.....
Old 2008-03-31, 02:36   Link #6848
Forceflow
Kyonko is not amused~
*Scanlator

Quote:
I think SM is a little over the top.....
Doesn't really need to be muffled.

Spoiler for Highly NSFW Discussion Ideas:

/EDIT: I blame the internets.
Old 2008-03-31, 02:36   Link #6849
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceflow View Post

I still can't imagine Kyon being that rough......

I admit that I am conservative when it comes to hentai stuff.
Old 2008-03-31, 02:39   Link #6850
Forceflow
Kyonko is not amused~
*Scanlator

Quote:

Not exactly being rough. Its more like Kyon did that cuz unless he stopped her from yelling out, people would notice and she/he probably won't live it down.

Situation probably can be compared to an ecchi version of the 'snow white' incident.
Old 2008-03-31, 02:41   Link #6851
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceflow View Post

/EDIT: I blame the internets.
That's what muffled means.

I think you're thinking of gagged. Which is S&M.
Old 2008-03-31, 02:42   Link #6852
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Quote:

If this was H-Scene 3 or 4... well, I don't think they'd have much inhibition left.
That'd make it work anyway.

Edit:
Quote:
No, dude, you've got a Deus Sex Machina in there. There's no way it's logical.
Completely logical sex without any kind of 'easy' intervention would take too long to set up. imo.

Unless you can come up with a better set up. I'd be I'm all for it.

I'm guessing what Kang means is that it's more logical, on average, then say, "HEY KYONKO!" "HEY BIG BROTHER!" "LETS HAVE SEX!" "K!"

Edit2: Guys, my 1650+ image torrent is officially successful. Currently uploading to someone in Japan xD
Old 2008-03-31, 02:48   Link #6853
Forceflow
Kyonko is not amused~
*Scanlator

Quote:
That's what muffled means.

I think you're thinking of gagged. Which is S&M.
Well, when the word muffled was mentioned I immediately thought about 'muffler', hence the S&M inference. Oh well, same idea so alls well ends well.

lol. We're having a mature, logical and pretty detached discussion over p0rn. I compare this with our previous crack sessions.
Old 2008-03-31, 02:48   Link #6854
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaAotS View Post
Completely logical sex without any kind of 'easy' intervention would take too long to set up. imo.

I'm guessing what Kang means is that it's more logical, on average, then say, "HEY KYONKO!" "HEY BIG BROTHER!" "LETS HAVE SEX!" "K!"
No, of course, I totally agree with you there. I'm just saying that there's still no working logic to it.

H stuff requires shortcuts.
Old 2008-03-31, 02:52   Link #6855
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Quote:
No, of course, I totally agree with you there. I'm just saying that there's still no working logic to it.

And when it's a Haruhi related doujin, Yuki is generally the shortcut of choice xD Or in this case, the Nagato's.

They can make anything sound plausible, including the fact that pseudo-fraternal twins must have sex in various locations while wearing various cosplays for the sake of the universe.

Have I ever mentioned how awesome Yu/uki is?

Edit: I also tried to take care of character traits. Another thing that a lot of h-doujins do is go completely out of character
Old 2008-03-31, 02:53   Link #6856
Jintor

I hope you've added enough infodump to obscure the fact that that's what they're doing.

Having you state it like that, it sounds silly and ridiculous. ; D
Old 2008-03-31, 02:54   Link #6857
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaAotS View Post

Quote:

I had a slightly higher opinion on our work..... something along the lines of "if we went all out we might actually get a decent series."
Old 2008-03-31, 02:59   Link #6858
Jintor

Quote:
I had a slightly higher opinion on our work..... something along the lines of "if we went all out we might actually get a decent series."
When the objective was to get Kyonko/Kyon sexing it up in cosplay in various locations... no. Impossible.
Old 2008-03-31, 03:01   Link #6859
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Current list of cosplays:

1. School Uniform (Full Scale Scene)
2. Maid
3. Apron (you know.... in the kitchen?)
4. Swimsuit
5. Miko
6. Neko-Shoujo
7. Nurse
8. Bunny Suit

Should we finalize it as this?
Old 2008-03-31, 03:04   Link #6860
JDGBOLT

Location: Roasting in my dark cave in the Hellfires of Mesa AZ
Send a message via AIM to JDGBOLT Send a message via MSN to JDGBOLT Send a message via Yahoo to JDGBOLT
Talking Great Success!

Well, finally managed to finish what I was trying to accomplish, a menu to be able to choose which volume and which chapter, and have it easily modifiable. The menu itself is dynamic, no worrying about having to regenerate all the volumes/chapters/whatever.

To add a chapter to the visual novel engine, you simply would add an entry to the v1Chapters/v2Chapters/whatever variable, I kept it simple with Chapter1/Chapter2/whatever, I might go in and try go modify it to be able to have different chapter names in the menu. And you would have a different rpy file that you could stick that particular chapter's dialogue inside of, have a label vx_Chapter1_intro in the top of it, and when you, the player, clicks that particular button, it will go right to that chapter, so adding chapters is pretty dang simple now.

I put in lots of bogus chapters just to check that the style worked and everything, it's a simple menu at the moment, though I could do various things to it if I wanted to. Something like 6-8 hours later, of reading through python docs/renpy docs, it's for the most part complete, as far as the logic inside of it. I was initially going to have a huge mess of code with entries for each chapter, that you would have to copy and paste and everything, but I knew I could do better than that.

A little rusty at programming, so took a little while to remember a lot of the concepts, and I've never tinkered with python before, so a lot of the constructs were just slightly different. But, hey, it works! . I currently have the game resolution at 1024x640, which is a 16:10 resolution for a 1024x768 monitor. I figured that most everyone should be able to do at least 1024x768 by now, though if that needs to be changed let me know, better to change it now than later and have to resize all the images. Anyway, a pic of the menu, as well as the python code in case you so desired to look at it:

Spoiler for For size:

Spoiler for Teh evil code:

JDGBOLT

Last edited by JDGBOLT; 2008-03-31 at 03:12. Reason: Finally, not used to using spoiler tags
JDGBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan