AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's most kickass in Guilty Gear?
Chipp Zanuff 3 8.33%
Ky Kiske 2 5.56%
Sol Badguy 4 11.11%
Potemkin 0 0%
Venom 0 0%
Testament 1 2.78%
Baiken 2 5.56%
Robo Ky 2 5.56%
Jam Kuradoberi 2 5.56%
I-no 1 2.78%
Millia Rage 5 13.89%
Dizzy 5 13.89%
Johnny 1 2.78%
May 1 2.78%
A.B.A 0 0%
Robo Ky MkI-MkII 0 0%
Faust 1 2.78%
Zato-1 0 0%
Eddie 0 0%
Anji Mito 1 2.78%
Axl Low 0 0%
Slayer 1 2.78%
Zappa 0 0%
Bridget 2 5.56%
Justice 2 5.56%
Kliff Undersn 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-12, 23:33   Link #1
tetsuo
In Classic Form

Post Any here ever play any of the Guilty Gear games?

Yeah I've played all the Guilty Gear games ex. the one for PS1. I think that there awsome but i've noticed that not many people have ever heard of it. And by the way this is one of the most kickass, fast paced fighting games you will ever played(and yes it was featured on the Genshiken anime). SO yeah has anyone here ever play it, and heck yeah it looks like it was taken straight from an anime, so yeah who's your favorite charater? Mines...the god of speed-Chipp Zanuff,oh and while your here talk about it!
tetsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 00:24   Link #2
Renyulb28
Helpful Bystander

Never played the game personally, but since i did just get done watching Genshiken I kinda have the urge to go out and rent it Also I voted for jam since that was the only character i knew due to ino's cosplay..
Renyulb28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 03:04   Link #3
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i played the first and xxreloaded onxbox. it has a pretty hard technique system to learn. chaining combos can be hard. i use baiken but shes kind of very hard to use and has lame moves and uses preassure tactics.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 18:40   Link #4
Js2756
Thread Killer

Played them up to Reload. The original GG is pretty bad (and Justice as a boss is cheap as all holy hell).

Would've voted except Millia isn't on the list. I also play as Sol, Ky, Jam, and Dizzy. Occasionally I'll play as Johnny or Eddie. (this is in XX by the way). I don't play too often, I'm more of a Street Fighter person myself.
Js2756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 18:43   Link #5
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
you left out May

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 19:20   Link #6
Kamui4356
Aria Company

GG is my favorite fighting game series. I don't think a 2d fighter could get any better. Just one problem, where's Dizzy on that poll?

As for characters, I can play with any of them, except potemkin and that possessed guy in xx. My best would have to be either Ky or Millia. I've gotten better with Jam recently, so I have to mention her as well. Unfortunately, my ps2 died not that long ago, so I haven't been able to play since.
Old 2006-04-13, 22:28   Link #7
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I only own Guilty Gear X2 for the PS2, but I actually played and older version on the Dreamcast at a friends house. My favorite character is May with Dizzy as a close second.

And yes, You left out all my favorite characters from the poll (May, Millia & Dizzy)
Old 2006-04-13, 22:32   Link #8
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I've played X, XX #R, and Isuka <-favorite. Just waiting for Slash now.

Fave characters are Jam, Millia, and A.B.A. Kinda hard getting better at it since I don't understand any of the lingo in the strategy guides.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 22:35   Link #9
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

What? No Faust? How can you leave out the paperbag man?

Anyways, my favourite is Isuka.
It's a blast teaming up with your buddy against the AI.
Oh, I also love "accidentally" hitting him with Faust's scalpel overdrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renyulb28
Never played the game personally, but since i did just get done watching Genshiken I kinda have the urge to go out and rent it Also I voted for jam since that was the only character i knew due to ino's cosplay..
You mean OHNO.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 03:37   Link #10
SpecterVR
Calming Everyday Life

Heh. I enjoy playing with Anji-Mito, Zappa (teh possessed guy), Faust, Potempkin, and Eddie. I'm not all that good or bad for that matter, just meh. ^^; But those are the characters I enjoy playing with. I played the original, X, then XX and XX#R I play most often. (Not on xbox live though, theres never anyone one. <_<)

Its a great game, fun. Wish they'd make an anime out of it, the storyline the game has needs better justice.
SpecterVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 05:53   Link #11
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Played everything from GG1 (with all them infinites) to GGX (mist trap, FDC) to GGXX (learning FRC's) to #R (re-learning FRC's are a pain) and to Isuka (fun for 4player FFA, but my friends usually form alliances to bring me down first lol). I'd easily say that #R is the best out of all of them, mainly due to balance.

I'd vote but you left out ALL of my choices. My choices (and characters too) are Buri, Dizzy, Johnny. I wouldn't count myself as good, especially now since I threw GG for EFZ and Shmups. I guess I'd attribute that to lack of opponents, which stems from my unfamiliarity with the joystick (pad player here).

BTW, I think Slash just released today. I read it on one of the forums I go to. Time for Ky/tier-whoring for many people ~_~
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 06:33   Link #12
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius
BTW, I think Slash just released today. I read it on one of the forums I go to. Time for Ky/tier-whoring for many people ~_~
I know, but I'm waiting for the US PS2 release.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 07:26   Link #13
real folk blues..

testament!! don't ask me why..it's been a while and i don't remember.
then comes chipp, the guy was a good character.. quick, too bad he doesn't take damage pretty well..
then comes sol, like him better than ky, more sluggish than ky, but i think he's marginally stronger.
and of course..jam! she's the chick in red right?
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 08:07   Link #14
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

Very good fight game. I can always win with Dizzy, speeking of that why was she not on the poll?
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 08:08   Link #15
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

In #R, Sol isn't even marginally stronger than Ky. Maybe 50% of the cast is WAY stronger than ky, and the rest are marginally stronger than Ky. Okay, so that was exaggerated, but Ky doesn't have a very good game in #R. It all changes when Slash comes down though...

OT: Love the sig Shiryuu <3
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 09:35   Link #16
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Well, I havn't played a GG game, although I love the character design, and I did have them in a fighting game making system before(Mugen). They were actually pretty fun to use, an my favorites were Dizzy and Robo Ky, however, I think someone coded the Jonny I used wrong...

That said, I'm definetly getting Guilty Gear DS.
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 12:14   Link #17
tetsuo
In Classic Form

OK i'm gonna say this right now. I could only put up 10 and those ten are my and my friends personal favs. So sorry to all of you guys who love the other characters.
Old 2006-04-14, 12:22   Link #18
tetsuo
In Classic Form

and if i could put up all of them i would
Old 2006-04-15, 03:02   Link #19
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Hey, where's Bridget? You can't get more bad ass than fighting a jojo and a teddy bear.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 07:30   Link #20
maohayato
Evil God

has played Guilty Gear, Guilty Gear X, Guilty Gear XX, Guilty Gear XX#R(Pc version and Korean ps2 version), Isuka and Slash.

plays Baiken.
maohayato is offline   Reply With Quote