AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-08, 18:02   Link #1641
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
don't think C.C will ever consummate with lulu.

if im being realistic.

i don't think Lulu will end up with any of the girls.

i think the ones who will ever get close to him, as in more equal then others, it will be Kallen by merit, and CC by default.

both have a unique situation, C.C. via contract, Kallen as a classmate/trusted bodyguard.
Kallen better get on that merit thing quick, she's got very little with Lelouch in season 1, especially when compared with C.C. and evil Shirley.

well, nothing to do but see what happens.
Old 2008-04-08, 18:04   Link #1642
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
yeah. EVIL SHIRLEY

well, hopefully there will be chance for Kallen to earn points for Zero.

I mean C.C. just abuse her position, it just makes the hurdle Kallen has to overcome all the more satisfying.

Old 2008-04-08, 18:07   Link #1643
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

How does she abuse her position? She isn't trying anything at the moment.

It may make it more satisfying depending on how you look at it, but it would actually feel rather rushed if they started doing it in full force all of a sudden. The romance should at least be believable.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-08, 18:08   Link #1644
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
How does she abuse her position? She isn't trying anything at the moment.

oh your right. sorry.

guess that means kallen has a better chance. THANKS!

Old 2008-04-08, 18:09   Link #1645
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
oh your right. sorry.

guess that means kallen has a better chance. THANKS!

What? That doesn't make much sense. She wasn't even interested in Lelouch at all in season 1.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-08, 18:11   Link #1646
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Well, that is probably jumping the gun a bit since nothing is really set in stone, though I have no right to speak when I've done the same thing several times. The staff could write a scenario that could put another girl to the front with the most likely candidate being Kallen at this point.
Sure, they could. They also could make an evil spaghetti monster from Mars be the Last Bosstm, but what are the chances of that happening ?

I am going to second DragoonKain3 here:
"CCXLulu just smokes everyone out of the competition in that regard: explicit, implied, symbolic, or otherwise."

And i see no indication on the staff's part they are steering towards changing that. Really, CG is not complex as far as romance is concerned.

Quote:
And it isn't a good thing for Lelouch to become anything like Mao. We know how things might go if that happens anyway.
Seeing the two geasses are fundamentally complete opposites (one influences the user, while second allows the user to influence others and only once at that) it would be quite impossible for Lelouch to end up like Mao.
Old 2008-04-08, 18:12   Link #1647
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
What? That doesn't make much sense. She wasn't even interested in Lelouch at all in season 1.
well, she was a little interested in him, episode 9 and all. Until she slapped him.
Old 2008-04-08, 18:13   Link #1648
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Your right! once again i bow before your expert analysis.thanks for ruining all my plans!

she's only interested in Zero!

no wait....

lulu = Zero?!

Old 2008-04-08, 18:14   Link #1649
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I think you are misunderstanding me I am not anti Kallen at all, nor do i have anything against her as a character. I have my share of characters i dislike in CG, but Kallen is not one of them. My overall impression of her is fairly positive. However, just because i like Kallen doesn't mean i will go Kallen x Lelouch BANZAIII!! Never have, never will. I am trying to look at the situation objectively and analyze the information presented in the show.

And the way i see it (which isn't necessarily the universal truth either), Kallen x Lelouch has about as much chances as a snowball in hell. Not because i would have anything against the pairing, but because i can't see any foundation to support the idea. Is this a subject to change in R2? i don't think so. Theoretically it would be possible, but personally i don't expect that happening, nor is there any reason that would make me believe there is even the slightest chance of that happening.

Honestly, CG isn't a romance anime in the first place, and it certainly isn't trying to be confusing on the aspect. Most animes featuring romance aren't, (even pure romance shows) even if they try to pretend to be, which CG isn't doing. In the vast majority of cases one doesn't need to look further than the cover art (Optionally the OP) to determine the potential pairing, and CG is no exception.

I stand by my CC or bust prediction. Not because i would have anything against Kallen (though i see Shirley as the second likeliest pairing, which is absurdly unlikely to begin with and its more for the sake of argument than me actually believing it would happen, not Kallen), but because the show has presented nothing to make me believe otherwise.
Look never did I say that LelouchXC.C. wasn't the most obvious, or the most likely choice. It is. I love the pairing. Really I do. I've said it before if Kallen didn't end up with Lelouch and C.C. did; it would not bother me at all. Hell, look at my avatar it's not one of Kallen.

It would bother me if he ended up with Shirley or Millay.

I could make arguments for Kallen, from her spending the most time with Lelouch aside from C.C., to the trust between them even when she only knew him as a voice on a transmitter, but I get the feeling we would just end up back where we started without either of us changing our mind.

So I say let the series unfold and we'll see.
Old 2008-04-08, 18:16   Link #1650
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Sure, they could. They also could make an evil spaghetti monster from Mars be the Last Bosstm, but what are the chances of that happening ?

I am going to second DragoonKain3 here:
"CCXLulu just smokes everyone out of the competition in that regard: explicit, implied, symbolic, or otherwise."

And i see no indication on the staff's part they are steering towards changing that. Really, CG is not complex as far as romance is concerned.

Seeing the two geasses are fundamentally complete opposites (one influences the user, while second allows the user to influence others and only once at that) it would be quite impossible for Lelouch to end up like Mao.
I don't know, Jupiter keeps coming up so who knows what we'll see come from there. Though a pizza monster would be more fitting.

While that seems to be the case, they really could go anywhere though since this isn't a romance show there won't be much to distract from where they are going.

True, but I sort of meant him becoming overly obsessed with her like Mao. That seems impossible for Lelouch's personality though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
well, she was a little interested in him, episode 9 and all. Until she slapped him.
I suppose she was to a certain degree in episode 9, but that was really the only time I saw that featured Lelouch and not Zero.

Quote:
Your right! once again i bow before your expert analysis.thanks for ruining all my plans!

no wait....

lulu = Zero?!

There is no need to mock me. It is important that she be interested in Lelouch and not be all fangirlish around Zero. That wasn't love, it was intense admiration that honestly made her character suffer a bit in the development department.

Old 2008-04-08, 18:20   Link #1651
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
lulu x Kallen.

all the way.

i will only admit anything else, if she dies.

I see 3 possible endings for Kallen.

A) She'll die
B) She'll end up with Lelouch
C) She'll get her brother back (I REALLY don't believe he's dead and gone)

For C.C.:

A) She dies
B) Lelouch dies after fulfilling their contract
C) Lelouch fulfills their contract and they end up together

Really, I see NO chance of them getting together as long as 1 of them is mortal and the other isn't. Lelouch won't abandon Nunally by choosing to give up his mortality so that only leaves C.C. with the option of becoming mortal again.
Old 2008-04-08, 18:20   Link #1652
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:

no wait....

lulu = Zero?!

When it comes to this matter though, loving Zero=/=loving Lelouch. Kallen was worshiping a pretend hero that she had made in her head, not the man standing before her. And as such, anything having to do with Kallen x Zero means absolutely nothing, since not only was it a dream, but the dream has been shattered.

now if anything happens now, then that's a different matter. Like Skyfall said, it's certainly possible despite severely limited s1 foundations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I see 3 possible endings for Kallen.

A) She'll die
B) She'll end up with Lelouch
C) She'll get her brother back (I REALLY don't believe he's dead and gone)
you know, she could just end up going to live in a free Japan with her mother and whoever from the Order or Ashford that manages to survive the show and stick around. >_>
Old 2008-04-08, 18:26   Link #1653
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
you know, she could just end up going to live in a free Japan with her mother and whoever from the Order or Ashford that manages to survive the show and stick around. >_>
That's too boring of an end for someone like Kallen. She should either walk away with something or go out in a blaze of glory.
Old 2008-04-08, 18:31   Link #1654
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
C.C. with the option of becoming mortal again.
Maybe C.C. is immortal from the start. If that's the case, I can't see that happening.

Or, it's just like Evangeline in Negima. She became immortal and stop growing when she was killed for the first time.
Old 2008-04-08, 18:38   Link #1655
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
When it comes to this matter though, loving Zero=/=loving Lelouch. Kallen was worshiping a pretend hero that she had made in her head, not the man standing before her. And as such, anything having to do with Kallen x Zero means absolutely nothing, since not only was it a dream, but the dream has been shattered.
you see, that is the problem.

was the hero really a dream?

was he truly FAKE?

I don't think so.

I'm sure kallen was shaken, but not because her "hero" image was broken.

it was shattered because despite Zero telling them that he was not Japanese.

it was the combination that he was Lulu, and that he was a Britannica Royalty.

No matter how much you steel yourself against something you expect, it doesn't prepare yourself for it.

Nothing changes for kallen's "Hero", the only difference is that he has a face, someone she KNOWS, a Britannian and someone who has a human face.

She can't deny his past successes, and judging from her attitude in the first episode it seems to me that she has overcome herself to accept him as zero and all that comes with it.
Old 2008-04-08, 18:42   Link #1656
Slick_rick

Quote:
Lelouch's Zero persona was much closer to his true beliefs and actions than his the Lelouch her portrayed at school. Kallen never worshipped Zero. She did valued his opinions a lot and during S1 whenever she faced a morale issues she seemed to come to him for advice. That shows she trusted him and whatever feelings came out of that are not false.
Old 2008-04-08, 18:45   Link #1657
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Mayhaps some people haven't been watching Spice and Wolf? Mortal/Immortal 'romance', if I ever saw one. Or how about Sola? Even western fantasy has humans pairing up with practically unaging elves.

So yeah, just because CC is immortal while Lulu ain't means nothing when romance is in question. It's not gonna stop the animators if they so wish the pairing, which should be very obvious by now that they actually are writing for it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-04-08, 18:48   Link #1658
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
you see, that is the problem.

was the hero really a dream?

was he truly FAKE?

I don't think so.

I'm sure kallen was shaken, but not because her "hero" image was broken.

it was shattered because despite Zero telling them that he was not Japanese.

it was the combination that he was Lulu, and that he was a Britannica Royalty.

No matter how much you steel yourself against something you expect, it doesn't prepare yourself for it.

Nothing changes for kallen's "Hero", the only difference is that he has a face, someone she KNOWS, a Britannian and someone who has a human face.

She can't deny his past successes, and judging from her attitude in the first episode it seems to me that she has overcome herself to accept him as zero and all that comes with it.
you misunderstand.

Love cannot truly exist if you don't even want to know the real person, if you don't want to see the truth behind the mask. Much like Rivalz' crush on Milly, it was nothing but infatuation that could never go anywhere, since she didn't really care about who the other side was. And Kallen just left it like that, obsessing over someone despite the fact that she didn't know much of anything about him. Love can only be born if you're at least trying to understand everything about someone, both the good and the bad parts.

So, again, anything that happens now means something, how Kallen reacts to Lelouch now that she at least has some complete picture is important. But all that stuff in season 1? Those were just reactions to a faultless, perfect creation that Kallen willingly built in her head, not Lelouch Lamperouge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Lelouch's Zero persona was much closer to his true beliefs and actions than his the Lelouch her portrayed at school. Kallen never worshipped Zero. She did valued his opinions a lot and during S1 whenever she faced a morale issues she seemed to come to him for advice. That shows she trusted him and whatever feelings came out of that are not false.
not my point. As long as she didn't want to know who was behind Zero's mask, it wasn't love at all, at least not love that could amount to anything. just infatuation.
Old 2008-04-08, 18:52   Link #1659
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Mayhaps some people haven't been watching Spice and Wolf? Mortal/Immortal 'romance', if I ever saw one. Or how about Sola? Even western fantasy has humans pairing up with practically unaging elves.

So yeah, just because CC is immortal while Lulu ain't means nothing when romance is in question. It's not gonna stop the animators if they so wish the pairing, which should be very obvious by now that they actually are writing for it.
Spice and Wolf doesn't have an ending yet and Sola is definitely not the series that will help your point of a mortal and an immortal getting a happy ending together Tsukihime maybe, but only in the game. That's the only successful one I can think of off the top of my head and that doesn't really matter since
Spoiler for Tsukihime:
Old 2008-04-08, 18:54   Link #1660
Slick_rick

Quote:
you misunderstand.

Love cannot truly exist if you don't even want to know the real person, if you don't want to see the truth behind the mask.
Are you trying to tell me Kallen never wanted to get to know Zero? In S1 she certainly wanted to know who was behind the mask like most of the Black Knights. She even said in E9 that she wants to but fears that if the truth is revealed he will leave. She even wanted to get to know Lelouch until he told her thats it better to bow down to Brittania. Saying she didn't want to know him is absurd its more like he kept these things secret.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, romance