AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-08, 21:21   Link #1681
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I guess it depends on interpretation on some scenes which certainly differs here. We'll just have to see what happens. It's between C.C. and Kallen really, though I am not expecting a love triangle or anything of the sort. Kallen has some chance of course, though it depends on where they go. They aren't simply going to drop it with her I would think and will probably have her fall for Lelouch as he is.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-08, 21:31   Link #1682
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I'm thinking it's over with him and Shirley. Now that he is Zero again, he probably won't be returning to the Academy, which is under heavy surveillance by Brittania. Hell, Viletta is working there.
Old 2008-04-08, 21:31   Link #1683
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I'm gonna go back on my far-reaching limb and say LelouchxShirely again. Even after the whole memory-wipe deal back in season 1, we're back to Shirley having an evident crush on Lelouch right off the bat in episode 1.
Pshaw... outside of CC, Shirley still has a better chance than all the other girls. People tends to detest her character, and then let this blind them from the facts. I mean, apart from Nunally and Euphie, she's the only other person shown in the series that Lulu had even the slightest caring for her well being. After all, Lulu had nothing to gain from wiping Shirley's memory and everything to gain from her death last season.

But if Shirley pulls the same stunt again, I bet lulu will kill her this time around. The guy is already on the brink of madness from the death of his real love, so I wouldn't put it past him to kill anyone (apart from Nunally) who gets in his way. But if there's anyone who isn't his sister who can pull Lulu away from the evil witch's clutches, Shirley is the best bet. By a VERY long shot since there's still the loose end of her almost regaining her memory last season; Kallen would just go 'Hai, wakarimashta' to everything Lulu says, while Milly is still totally in the dark about his actions as Zero.

That said, the other girls are within striking distance, and it depends on character development who's going to be second place. But really though, this is a moot point to discuss, as absolutely no girl can win (unless you're incest inclined) until CC's very existence is erased from that world.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-04-08, 21:35   Link #1684
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Lelouch isn't going to kill anyone in the student council. Even he has a limit to what he is willing to do and something like that wouldn't make him more likable which is what is supposed to be happening in R2.

"Evil witch's clutches?"

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-09, 00:09   Link #1685
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
LelouchXShirley can't work out due to the fact he is Zero, man who killed her father remember? And No, I don't believe in that 'Love Conquers All, Including the Death of my Father by your hands' line. Lelouch realized due to Shirley how much in a weak position he can become. He was nearly Killed by it, if he had a romantic relationship anytime soon he would be placed in a weak position. An example would be Nunnally in ep 25, he ditched everything to get her, if he had a romance life..it'd be worse.

C.C. is by far not an evil witch, at least not with Lelouch. Both he himself and her stated that they are Accomplices, and R2 she states that she knows the True Him which he never shows to anybody else. She knows he's suffering and is willing to lend a shoulder or embrace of comfort. As far as Feelings, we don't know if she's capable of that regarding Loving a person. She feels like she owes him something for having been one of the few who thank her and appreciate her as a person. She's been hated and used obviously, and only a few have been greatful. Lelouch having apparently been one of the longest. She also has a promise with Marianne to watch over him, whether he was promised to be hers or whatever Marianne's request was..we don't know. But as far as feelings between them, they might be the closest friends and only hidden lovers due to their own respective Bonds and Memories. Lelouch wants to create a world, C.C. wants her wish granted. As long as those two facts remain, there won't be a romantic relationship.

Old 2008-04-09, 00:15   Link #1686
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
LelouchXShirley can't work out due to the fact he is Zero, man who killed her father remember? And No, I don't believe in that 'Love Conquers All, Including the Death of my Father by your hands' line. Lelouch realized due to Shirley how much in a weak position he can become. He was nearly Killed by it, if he had a romantic relationship anytime soon he would be placed in a weak position. An example would be Nunnally in ep 25, he ditched everything to get her, if he had a romance life..it'd be worse.
While that is certainly a good point, I already considered it. And for the record, just because you don't believe in it doesn't mean it won't happen.
Old 2008-04-09, 00:18   Link #1687
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

Either Lelouche x C.C. or Lelouche x Karen, both will work for me... although I'm more in favor of Karen
Old 2008-04-09, 00:20   Link #1688
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

I don't believe it because Lelouch obviously doesn't wanna repeat the same mistake he made with Shirley XD

It's be like rewinding and then playing the same scene again, she'd turn depressed, get used, Villeta is even closer to the school so she'd notice Lelouch being gone+Zero reappears+Shirley shows signs of being emo again=He must be Zero.

Plus we don't even know what happened after ep 25 with her. She knew he was Zero, so why isn't she wondering what he did to her? It's like everything had been forgotten >>;

Old 2008-04-09, 00:24   Link #1689
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Plus we don't even know what happened after ep 25 with her. She knew he was Zero, so why isn't she wondering what he did to her? It's like everything had been forgotten >>;
because it was scaring her really really badly, and she'd be more than willing to take any excuse to forget the entire thing. And Britannia provided her with the perfect one: Zero has been executed.

Still, it'll be interesting how she reacts to Zero's triumphant return in episode 27.
Old 2008-04-09, 00:26   Link #1690
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

I wanna see everybody's expression once he reappears. I seriously hope Taniguchi prepared like, 10 shots from different people watching the speech hen he appears. Though I'd think the first 15 minutes will be spent fighting the Vincent, AKA ROLLO.

Old 2008-04-09, 00:29   Link #1691
Key Board
Carbon

Karen has no chance with Lelouch.

Cagalli and Athrun have more chance at reconciliation then her getting anywhere romantic with Lelouch. And that's saying something considering the director disagrees with that pairing!

Honestly, Karen is leaning more towards Suzaku if just for the irony factor alone.

Though, my gut feeling tells me that she'll end up being Lee's love interest.
Old 2008-04-09, 00:37   Link #1692
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Karen has no chance with Lelouch.

Cagalli and Athrun have more chance at reconciliation then her getting anywhere romantic with Lelouch. And that's saying something considering the director disagrees with that pairing!

Honestly, Karen is leaning more towards Suzaku if just for the irony factor alone.

Though, my gut feeling tells me that she'll end up being Lee's love interest.
-while I don't think she'll end up with Lelouch because of character types, I don't agree at all that she has absolutely no chance. They're from similar backgrounds, similar ages, and they're fighting for the same cause. Plenty of basis for a relationship

-Suzaku x Kallen isn't going to happen. Unlike, say, Athrun and Cagalli, Suzaku and Kallen are quite certain in their completely opposite philosophies; by episode 26 they don't have any self doubt in what they're doing. they can't even see eye to eye, let alone have an interest in one another.

-Lee is busy trying to reinstate a 14 year old empress to a real postition of power in china, I don't think it's going to work out.
Old 2008-04-09, 01:26   Link #1693
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

I hope Suzaku burns in the most painful death possible, he deserves no love, only death and agony.
Old 2008-04-09, 05:02   Link #1694
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
-Lee is busy trying to reinstate a 14 year old empress to a real postition of power in china, I don't think it's going to work out.
loli's don't like sharing.

Old 2008-04-09, 05:23   Link #1695
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
C.C. is by far not an evil witch, at least not with Lelouch. Both he himself and her stated that they are Accomplices, and R2 she states that she knows the True Him which he never shows to anybody else. She knows he's suffering and is willing to lend a shoulder or embrace of comfort. As far as Feelings, we don't know if she's capable of that regarding Loving a person. She feels like she owes him something for having been one of the few who thank her and appreciate her as a person. She's been hated and used obviously, and only a few have been greatful. Lelouch having apparently been one of the longest. She also has a promise with Marianne to watch over him, whether he was promised to be hers or whatever Marianne's request was..we don't know. But as far as feelings between them, they might be the closest friends and only hidden lovers due to their own respective Bonds and Memories. Lelouch wants to create a world, C.C. wants her wish granted. As long as those two facts remain, there won't be a romantic relationship.
Well, it seems she is capable of love to some degree though we don't know how far that extends. It's true that they might only be close because of those reasons though. And going by that logic about their goals, they wouldn't end up together because that fact is not going to change till the very last episode. In fact, with that logic Lelouch wouldn't end up with anyone at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedGlory View Post
I hope Suzaku burns in the most painful death possible, he deserves no love, only death and agony.
That's being needlessly cruel and hateful.

Last edited by Dann of Thursday; 2008-04-09 at 05:37.
Old 2008-04-09, 07:57   Link #1696
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
-Suzaku x Kallen isn't going to happen. Unlike, say, Athrun and Cagalli, Suzaku and Kallen are quite certain in their completely opposite philosophies; by episode 26 they don't have any self doubt in what they're doing. they can't even see eye to eye, let alone have an interest in one another.
nothing that another inhabitated island episode (sunrise ®) couldnt fix.
hell sunrise even managed to get shinn and whateverwasthefangirl'sname together after he "killed" his sister.
never underestemitate sunrise allmighty plot-twistig power.
Old 2008-04-09, 08:09   Link #1697
lucidwolfe
Ghostly Member

shinn and suzaku.. both are so similar in their degree of annoyance. im keeping my fingers crossed for luluxrollo.. tho i'll be surprised if sunrise really went that way =/

in a world where there are no words, we speak of love
until the day it reaches you
Old 2008-04-09, 09:02   Link #1698
KrimzonStriker

The last potential (and least likely if there is justice at all in the world) pairing in that regard (EuphieXNina) didn't go so well so I'd keep those hopes to a minimal if were you lucid, that is if you want either Lelouch or Rollo to make it in the end >_>
Old 2008-04-09, 09:09   Link #1699
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Hell with hetrosexual romance If you ask me Suzaku and Lulu should hook up, the sexual tension and energy is mind blowing .
Old 2008-04-09, 09:27   Link #1700
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
nothing that another inhabitated island episode (sunrise ®) couldnt fix.
hell sunrise even managed to get shinn and whateverwasthefangirl'sname together after he "killed" his sister.
never underestemitate sunrise allmighty plot-twistig power.
And at which point many will simply raise an eyebrow and scoff at the bull Sunrise pulled. This isn't SEED/SEED destiny where people can just switch sides with no reprecussions or because their best friend askd them too. If Kallen switches sides, she gets executed. If Suzaku switches sides everyone just hates him more and he becomes a waste of a character.

There is no sensible plot twist that can make this work. Kallen got a chance to switch sides in 25 or at least drop Lelouch, but she didn't. Suzaku's preaching lost.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, romance