AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-27, 13:17   Link #561
Ultenth

I have to just pop in here and say that I thought the show completely jumped the shark when Wil left Allison while she was preggers (granted he didn't know) to run off and play hero. But her father is the worst in my mind, of all the people in the world, he picked Wil, basically forcing Wil to repeat the horrible thing that he did to his daughter before. What a crappy dad, I'd shoot him in the face if he was mine, and if I were Wil and he asked me to do to his daughter what he himself did I would smack him in the mouth and tell him to never talk to me again.

I dropped the show a couple episodes into the 2nd arc as I found both new characters boring and lame, and was still pissed that even though they got back together that Wil would do that to her in the first place. He could have found another way to make a difference, with her at his side, what a complete tool.

This is just my 2 cents, but don't expect me to actually respond to any delusional fanboy defense explaining why he should have left the woman he loves (and who obviously is completely in love with him) to go do something with her dad that did the exact same thing to her, instead of staying with her and making a difference in the world in some other way. They had done just fine changing the world together to this point, what the hell made him think he should go it alone now? He fails on just about about every level as a man, and should just be a freakin eunich or something, I don't even believe that he somehow knocked her up, he wouldn't have a clue what to do if he ever got a woman into bed. I doubt he even has a wang.

Last edited by Ultenth; 2008-09-27 at 18:23.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 13:44   Link #562
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ah-ah, it's finally over...

Spoiler for last episode:

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 21:28   Link #563
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for final thoughts:
Spoiler for about treize:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 23:56   Link #564
MaiHikari

I'm sad that the series is over. It had been quite an enjoyable series, although I never understood why Wil left Allison in the first place. The love stories were cute and I like how they all tie together from generations to generations. Lillia still feels like a kid though, so I thought the series ended in the right place--a start of a fresh and innocent relationship. The pace was consistent throughout the series.

Spoiler for unresolved plots:

Overall, I would recommend the series, especially if you want to watch it with a significant other. I would miss it and hope to find another series so delightful to watch.
MaiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 08:36   Link #565
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Finished. Verdict?

Allison and Wil > Allison and Travas (( had more potential if given more time )) > Treize and Lillia.

It had some flaws, especially in the 2nd part. But overall, it is an entertaining series, and I've come to grow fond of the cast.

Spoiler for Treize/Lillia end:

And with Meg and Seron in the last shot in 26, a possible sequel? How did Allison and Lillia fare in DVD sales anyway? eggplant doesn't seem to have numbers for A&L.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 11:10   Link #566
Slice of Life
eyewitness

This anime seems to have attempted to prove my thesis "female lead character > male lead character" under controlled laboratory conditions.

In the first half it was obvious that Allison despite being the dominant character would have ran into a metaphorical wall rather sooner than later if it hadn't been for Wil. There was chemistry in that relationship. Now switch the roles and what happens? Treize was annoyingly perfect of almost Mary-Sueish dimensions. He didn't even get his shounen learning curve, he simply started out that way. Lilia on the other side wasn't a protagonist, just an ornament. The fact that she seemed to be the only major character who didn't have the Need-To-Know about the real identity of Treize and "Travas" only emphasizes her uselessness.

About the twist in ep. 13, I think all that can be said has been said already. But Wil deserting Allison to fight windmills is in the end probably more a consequence of bad story crafting rather than an ideological statement. Not that that's any better.
Old 2008-10-04, 15:10   Link #567
chief

Send a message via MSN to chief
To be honest I loved the show.. However.. I am kinda pissed that:

Spoiler for yar:

But other then that the ending was ok
chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 16:19   Link #568
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Spoiler for unresolved plots:
Spoiler for 26:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Finished. Verdict?

Allison and Wil > Allison and Travas (( had more potential if given more time )) > Treize and Lillia.
Agreed. Treize and Lillia just weren't balanced the way Allison and Wil were.

Quote:
[spoiler=Treize/Lillia end]
I was more angry at how Allison's dad had no appearance at all (( not that I like that horrible excuse of a father-in-law who didn't even do a background check on his recruits. ))
Spoiler for 26:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
This anime seems to have attempted to prove my thesis "female lead character > male lead character" under controlled laboratory conditions.

In the first half it was obvious that Allison despite being the dominant character would have ran into a metaphorical wall rather sooner than later if it hadn't been for Wil. There was chemistry in that relationship. Now switch the roles and what happens? Treize was annoyingly perfect of almost Mary-Sueish dimensions. He didn't even get his shounen learning curve, he simply started out that way. Lilia on the other side wasn't a protagonist, just an ornament. The fact that she seemed to be the only major character who didn't have the Need-To-Know about the real identity of Treize and "Travas" only emphasizes her uselessness.
Yeah. Though I'd say Treize needs to read "hand to hand fighting for dummies" or something. And possibly some book about asking girls out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
To be honest I loved the show.. However.. I am kinda pissed that:

Spoiler for yar:

But other then that the ending was ok
Isn't it implied she may have guessed? Though considering she's only marginally sharper than a tennis ball, I have trouble believing it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 20:43   Link #569
way2slow

Send a message via AIM to way2slow
I agree with chief; that was left unresolved.
Spoiler:
way2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 20:52   Link #570
chief

Send a message via MSN to chief
Its just sad

Spoiler for yar again for show:
chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 23:50   Link #571
Narona
Emotionless White Face

I finished this series tonight and I enjoyed it !

The first part was better than the second. Mainly because some things were left unresolved in the second part

Spoiler for .:

IMO Allison and Wilhelm/travas are the best is this show XD. Wilhelm is so badass XD At first I was angry at him, because he chose to serve a country as a superspy rather than staying with his family. However, now I don't really know what to think :/

BTW Fiona and Carr are so cute together XD. Carr is a real gentleman.

8/10

I saw on wikipedia that there is three novels

Allison (first novel series)
Lillia and Treize (second novel series)
Meg and Seron (third novel series)

I would like to understand japanese so much ;_______________;
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 01:43   Link #572
Tri-ring

Becuase it was aired on NHK, the story were censored leaving out the killing.
The last scene was completely different from the novel.
As for Lilia and Treize's future the author hints he will write a conclusion to the story.
Remember Treize still has another two years+ before he decides who he will marry.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 02:41   Link #573
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
How so? Did Treize pull a gun and just shot the bad guy?

Quote:
As for Lilia and Treize's future the author hints he will write a conclusion to the story.
Remember Treize still has another two years+ before he decides who he will marry.
I can't understand how he can prefer Lilia to Mathilda. Oh, well. No accounting for taste.
Old 2008-10-05, 06:06   Link #574
Tri-ring

I have to re-read the book to refresh my memory.
The biggest difference from the novel that I remember was that there was a bloody carnage against the raiders all being slaughtered by Travis and squad. I also recall lieutenant Grants held a sniper rifle and placed Travis within her scope but refrained herself from pulling the trigger.
I also recall that the plane was not a trainer but a gunship and it shot the locomotive to slow it down.
I some what remember that the two fell off together from the train and the villian acted as a cushion from the fall saving Traize's life. As for Lillia, she was left on top of the train not knowing Traize's fate till he reapears at school as a transfer student.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 09:40   Link #575
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post

I thought Shigusawa has ended Lillia/Treize and is working on Kino series and Meg/Seron (( the pair shown in the class in the last episode )) instead?

Still, I would love a sequel though. Is in Travas/Allison withdrawal, and Lillia learning Travas = dad. -_-

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 03:26   Link #576
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 26

Spoiler:

Overall thoughts

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 04:49   Link #577
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I personally loved the atmosphere of the show even if the show jumped the shark waaaaaaaaay too many times and crucial details were often ignored.

Also, way too many conspiracies coming at characters without any spurring on. It's just weird.

And from the final ep, apparently Treize is Superman. For real.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 04:59   Link #578
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Oh, come on. He's totally Batman. He probably pulled one of those grappling hooks thingies out of his utility belt (you know, from that big pouch he has on it) and used it to slow himself down or something. Didn't quite work, since he still got broken bones.

Superman would have just flown away unharmed.
Old 2008-10-10, 01:01   Link #579
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Finally decided to just get through the rest of this series in a 17-26 push. I may have to lay down after going through that .

Show might have gone better if they just did the Allison/Wil half and didn't have the guy abandon Allison at the end of it. Sorry to Treize but keeping Lillia out of it probably would have brought this up a bit. Show really had some problems overall. Allison was the best thing about the show at the end. Can only vaguely remember some sad villains that came up along the way.

Are we sure Treize isn't Spiderman or something ? I mean if we're just tossing around superheroes left and right.
Old 2008-10-11, 21:32   Link #580
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Finally decided to just get through the rest of this series in a 17-26 push. I may have to lay down after going through that .
I don't know how you can do this unless you really liked the series. The only two shows that I've ever done a marathon on are Code Geass R1 (8 episodes in 1 day) and Fate Stay Night (16 episodes in 1 day). I left off at episode 15 of Allison & Lillia before today, and watched up to episode 19. I liked the show, but not thatmuch. Or maybe you just have so many other anime to watch (new and old) and need to get some off of the list?
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, historical, shounen