AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome 0 ~S.ifr~ Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 18 25.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 18.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 15.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 5.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.43%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-14, 13:12   Link #221
Shiragiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
Yeah. According to both manga and anime Artai didn't have an Otome. Also, Sakura is not even from Artai but from that "Sun-Kingdom".

But it was a funny touch indeed XD

A somewhat unrelated question, but is it confirmed that Artai and Zipang NEVER had Otome, or that they've only been missing Otome within the most recent history of that universe?

It seems a lot of fans seem to lean towards the first explanation.
Old 2008-10-14, 14:11   Link #222
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiragiku View Post
A somewhat unrelated question, but is it confirmed that Artai and Zipang NEVER had Otome, or that they've only been missing Otome within the most recent history of that universe?
Zipang had an Otome in the manga, and I am sure most of us would immediately point out who that Otome might be. In the anime, since Zipang is rather isolationist, there appears to be of little need for an Otome.

Although in the anime, Mai was supposed to support her brother as an Otome later on, but she got lost, and the rest is history. Zipang didn't want an Otome after what happened to Mai, or at least what they thought happened to Mai.

As for Artai, Nagi certainly went too far with that idea, grabbing not only Nina as an Otome but creating an army of fake Otomes.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-10-14, 14:40   Link #223
Same_Shark

The site mentions Sakura being from "Iyuan" or something like that. That's just what I got from a translation.

As for Artai, the country never had any Otome until they sent Nao & Nina to Garderobe. Zipang seems to find the Otome system to be on the immoral side.
Old 2008-10-14, 16:16   Link #224
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
The site mentions Sakura being from "Iyuan" or something like that. That's just what I got from a translation.
From Taiyuan. By the way, isn't it suprising the character poll voted her #1 when she has so little screen time so far? Her dedication wallpaper will be up in the November update on official site. Can't wait!
Old 2008-10-14, 16:38   Link #225
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
From Taiyuan. By the way, isn't it suprising the character poll voted her #1 when she has so little screen time so far? Her dedication wallpaper will be up in the November update on official site. Can't wait!
Sakura was introduced as a character that everyone could like from the small amount of scenes she appeared in. I also think Yukana has something to do with her popularity too.

Last edited by Same_Shark; 2008-10-15 at 14:22.
Old 2008-10-15, 00:27   Link #226
My-Rebirth
蘇 ::Revival::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Sakura was intrduced as a character that everyone could like from the small amount of scenes she appeared in. I also think Yukana has something to do with her popularity too.
Funny thought occured to me, what if who we now know in the original Otome universe as Queen Mashiro was Sakura's daughter? Oh the implications would be hilarious! XD

But no way that'll ever be true =P

"I swear if the guy Devil Triggers I'll flip it."
Old 2008-10-15, 00:54   Link #227
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Ahah! That would be for sure very funny. And not totally unlikely, since in the end Mashiro has her same fiery temperament. ^_^
But this leads me to think about the father of Mashiro, and the implications of this are VERY hilarious too XDD
Old 2008-10-15, 07:55   Link #228
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My-Rebirth View Post
Funny thought occured to me, what if who we now know in the original Otome universe as Queen Mashiro was Sakura's daughter? Oh the implications would be hilarious! XD

But no way that'll ever be true =P
Why not? That's Sunrise we're talking about. At this point, they could pull any revelation about the Otomeverse, no matter how shocking, and I wouldn't bat an eye.
Old 2008-10-15, 08:04   Link #229
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And this one wouldn't even be all that odd. We never did get to know who Mashiro's true parents were, after all.
Old 2008-10-15, 20:43   Link #230
Sakuya
*Artist

By the way, Hisayuki just announced on his blog that work on episode 3 has all been completed and he is now taking a break. Does this mean no more work on My-HiME project immediately after episode 3 at least for a period of time? I wonder if they'll have a new trailer of some sort on the DVD.
Old 2008-10-16, 00:10   Link #231
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
If that is so, I guess we will just have to wait for the next one..........GAHHH! I want more My Hime Project now!!!
Old 2008-10-16, 00:38   Link #232
My-Rebirth
蘇 ::Revival::

Fingers crossed for a Lena-centered series.

Or maybe take a step further in Sunrise-esque "originality" in regards to the My-HiME Project - Lena in the HiME universe.

Fuka Gakuen: Lena style!

(Man that would be funnily retarded)

"I swear if the guy Devil Triggers I'll flip it."
Old 2008-10-18, 08:43   Link #233
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
God, I've been eagerly waiting for the new update of EP3 of SIFL that will release next month.

THAT DOUCHEBAG John Smith can go to hell next month IF M9 died defeated by Lena!
Old 2008-10-18, 09:30   Link #234
Tak

Yet, I am more interested in who fathered that Arika nut.

Let the guessing games begin!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-10-18, 10:00   Link #235
Brandt
And Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yet, I am more interested in who fathered that Arika nut.

Let the guessing games begin!

- Tak
At this point, I think we can safely assume that Shiro is the father.
Old 2008-10-18, 13:19   Link #236
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandt View Post
At this point, I think we can safely assume that Shiro is the father.
But it doesn't hurt to see it becoming official, aye? And if Sunrise wills it, those bastards could easily pull a surprise on us.

Before this guy, people were guessing Reito, ya know.

- Tak

Old 2008-10-18, 13:23   Link #237
Brandt
And Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
But it doesn't hurt to see it becoming official, aye? And if Sunrise wills it, those bastards could easily pull a surprise on us.

Before this guy, people were guessing Reito, ya know.

- Tak
I think people were assuming Reito/Rad was the father because that was the case in the manga. That being said, the Rad in the manga, at least in my opinion, didn't irk me as much as the one in the anime. I guess that's because he actually cared for Rena in the manga.
Old 2008-10-18, 13:30   Link #238
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

What about Bruce?
Old 2008-10-18, 13:36   Link #239
Brandt
And Beyond

Ack, I won't even entertain that thought.
Old 2008-10-18, 14:27   Link #240
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandt View Post
Ack, I won't even entertain that thought.
Too late! >3<

- Tak

Closed Thread