AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 59 37.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 32.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 16.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 8.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-25, 00:07   Link #121
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well I'm sure it will do something exceptional at some point along the way that I will be able to get into. I am a very patient individual, I can wait. Plus I need to eventually get what is so outstanding about Mio's character, barring it all being a meme, which it is REALLY starting to seem like with this episode.
Hopefully, you get what you expecting for.. but expect for the worst.. Which I think, deep in your mind, you know its gonna hit you no matter what
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-04-25, 00:13   Link #122
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Then I honestly believe you looking at the wrong anime.. I dont read the manga, but as I understand it, its a 4 panel manga full of one liner punchline/ one gag per chapter.

And this wont change. Lucky Star remains the same throughout the series, In a way, Haruhi as well.. And K-On will be, I can guarantee it based on previous proven recipes of those 2 series I mentioned above, K-On wouldnt be straying off to charter your ideal kind of series.

Its a light SoL series about 4 girls in high school environment. It wouldnt change.

I can actually map all 4 girls into my sisters. real actual siblings. Maybe less moe since they are all over 30s now

Yui doesnt understand, she's a parrot. She is able to mimic something into perfection, but she's only capable of only 1 at the time. Case in point, as shown in the exam test. And again in this episode.
Lol I loved how you compared her to a parrot. I LoL'ed.
Old 2009-04-25, 00:40   Link #123
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Seriously, guys, you all should just leave certain people be. If they want to engage in masochism by watching this when they know they're not going to like it, then power to them. For the rest of us, let's moé.
Old 2009-04-25, 00:46   Link #124
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I came into this series with some knowledge of the subject matter, part of which didn't click with me and part of which did. It's not AMAZING vut so far enjoyable.

At the very least I try to keep as open a mind to everything I see, which is really the best way to watch practically anything.
Old 2009-04-25, 04:33   Link #125
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Seriously, guys, you all should just leave certain people be. If they want to engage in masochism by watching this when they know they're not going to like it, then power to them. For the rest of us, let's moé.
Those certain people remind me of some people who kept on watching Toradora even though they didn't like it and kept on bitching on how the ending was too predictable.

Seriously, if you don't like a show, then don't watch it. You're just ruining the experience for everyone else with your bitching and complaining. Unless you also like to pour candle wax on your nipples.
Old 2009-04-25, 04:36   Link #126
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

But puring candle wax on your areolas is an autoerotic experience!
Old 2009-04-25, 04:40   Link #127
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So you're saying that for certain people, watching this series is an......FFFFFFFFF CAN'T UNSEE, DAMN YOU MeoTwister5. XD
Old 2009-04-25, 04:44   Link #128
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This S&M related conversation is hilarious and all, but let's try to get back to point shall we?

Quote:

Yui doesnt understand, she's a parrot. She is able to mimic something into perfection, but she's only capable of only 1 at the time. Case in point, as shown in the exam test. And again in this episode.
That would actually be kind of interesting if it turns out to be the case. It'll also be a definable trait or skill that one could attach Yui, and would exponentially increase her appeal as a character in the process.
Old 2009-04-25, 04:50   Link #129
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well I don't wanna step on anyone's toes,
Spoiler for truly personal opinion, only read it, if you are aware I'm not trying to flame:

Again, I apologize, most likely everyone here disagrees with me, but I had entirely different expectations regarding K-ON. Most probably it's my fault I had the wrong initial impression, so please don't take my "rant" personally.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-04-25 at 06:38. Reason: typo
Old 2009-04-25, 04:54   Link #130
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Damn you! You made me spit my drink.

Spoiler for vernacular:
Old 2009-04-25, 05:49   Link #131
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
And no, I'm not even going to bother to watch/read/listen the sourcematerial before starting to watch an anime. I'm sorry to say that, but it doesn't even makes sense. You can enjoy 99% of the adaptations without the knowledge of sourcematerial (or even it's existance), not to mention the time/trouble you save yourself if you watch the anime first.
I think the argument wasn't that you need to actually go through the source material to ENJOY it, but rather go through the source material (or skim) as to get an idea of what to EXPECT. It's not our fault if you came in thinking it'd be a purely musical drama, when the source material clearly doesn't portray it as such. There's false expectations made deliberately (*cough* the Galaxy Angel animes *cough*), then there are false expectations from not having seen the source material, and finally false expecations from first impressions for the anime that do not have source material in the first place. K-On falls into the 2nd though, so as noted, having false expectations of it is nothing but the viewer's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keio View Post
Damn you! You made me spit my drink.

Spoiler for vernacular:
Ito, pamunas

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-04-25, 07:02   Link #132
Friday
Im shy too...

To me......
it was a good episode.....
I was hoping they would grow as a band when Mio found that tape but instead Ritsu & Yui wants to play around and Mugi made a Perfect Sand Castle!!!.
Mio I thought she make kicked their asses for them two fooling around instead of practising and in the end they probaly did we have to wait for future episode how they sound.
Well at least Yui kows how to play the "myon" sound and she looks scary.....

I loved the photo of Mio.....
Old 2009-04-25, 07:52   Link #133
Skane
Anime Snark

Yes, they're finally introducing the teacher next episode!

Woot.
Old 2009-04-25, 07:56   Link #134
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Yes, they're finally introducing the teacher next episode!

Woot.
And I am reminded that her voice actress used to voice Vita. Insert lovely mental image here.
Old 2009-04-25, 07:57   Link #135
Coruja

It was an OK episode... 6/10.

I liked it, but somehow I liked the other episodes better... It feels like they are trying *too* hard to keep the slice-of-life feel... And all the Mio-is-so-moe scenes kinda ruined it for me... It is as if they are trying to make people favor Mio instead of the other girls and that is a bit annoying to be honest. Yui and Ritsu are NOT Konata but yet they are starting to act a little bit like her... That sounded out-of-character-ish to me. Okay, kill me. Whatever.
Old 2009-04-25, 08:44   Link #136
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Ritsu just being Ritsu.. Out of 3, Ritsu is the one that most understand Mio the most and likes to see / teased her good friend Mio (especially with so many opening). I dont see any wrong in that?

And Yui is also Yui.. She's simple minded .. And being around Ritsu influenced her childlike behaviour.. Kids will be more likely to stay with like minded peoples more the boring matured/ whiny sister who keep urging her to practice

Mugi is.. well being Mugihime

I dont see any OOC to me from any character TBH.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-04-25, 09:03   Link #137
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Ritsu just being Ritsu.. Out of 3, Ritsu is the one that most understand Mio the most and likes to see / teased her good friend Mio (especially with so many opening). I dont see any wrong in that?

And Yui is also Yui.. She's simple minded .. And being around Ritsu influenced her childlike behaviour.. Kids will be more likely to stay with like minded peoples more the boring matured/ whiny sister who keep urging her to practice

Mugi is.. well being Mugihime

I dont see any OOC to me from any character TBH.
I didn't see anything out of character or unexpected either. It's Linda Linda Linda moe, light on music version.

People go to the beach to practice and end up partying also. That's what happens in real life too.

So Mio's moe index went thru the roof? Expected also since KyoAni's and the 4-koma's target audience loves that stuff.

Yui has perfect pitch. Well, you got to have something good about Yui's guitar playing to get them to the school festival on time. This ain't BECK you know.

They'll be a concert. They are working towards the school festival.

Anyone expecting Linda Linda Linda the animation should definitely reassess why you are watching this.

As for me, I loved the episode.
Old 2009-04-25, 09:07   Link #138
LC
Shocking Pink

7/10- Good episode, but not as good as the previous episodes. I didn't laugh as much as I did last week, and I'm watching for the comedy, not the moe.

The scene where Ritsu and Yui repeated the "Moe, Moe, Kyun!" thing was funny though. =)
Old 2009-04-25, 09:37   Link #139
way2slow

Send a message via AIM to way2slow
lol.
Maria+Holic.
KYUN!!
Old 2009-04-25, 11:49   Link #140
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

\o/ ritsu's sooo right! maid mio is PERFECT!!

and another thing...

i definitely wanna see these girlz fight each other... haha =)
Closed Thread