AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-18, 00:49   Link #1
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight! Manga

Just found volume one, chapter 1 from Musume Scanalations. Looks good so far, and like Manabi says: "Straight forward, GO!"

From the Manabi Straight! Fansubbed anime thread, NeoSam provided us with all the pertinent information about the manga. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
まなびストレート!
Manabi Straight!

Manabi Straight! is based on a manga thats serialized in the young men's manga magazine Dengeki Daioh.

For now there are 2 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

A moe~ seinen manga.
Serialized in: Dengeki Daioh

2x2=Shinobuden, Futakoi Alternative and Ichigo Mashimaro are seinen manga that got also serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Dengeki Daioh.

Manabi Straight! is a seinen manga/anime.
Manabi Straight! is a cute moe~ manga/anime for male audience.

Genre: Seinen, Drama

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2007-02-18 at 01:01.
Old 2007-02-18, 02:48   Link #2
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

I see pantsu at that rough sketch at the beggining... (sorry, had to say it)

It seems to have that subtle melancholic feel too; I was thinking it might have been something original for the anime, but it's good to see it in the original work.

And God, I hope we see that Seioh bike in the anime!
Old 2007-02-18, 03:56   Link #3
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I said I was gonna wait until tomorrow but, what the heck, who needs to sleep anyway.

Let's see...

The way Manabi and Mika meet is much cooler here than in the anime. We also get to see the added bonus of the Manabi in a box intro scene.

The Manabi swimming style looks much cooler in here as well.

From this chapter alone, I'll say that (IMHO) the manga starts a bit better than the anime.

Looking forward for more.
Old 2007-02-18, 11:08   Link #4
NeoSam

No problem

The first chapter of the manga has been listed on Manganews, the link to the torrent is also available there.
Old 2007-02-18, 21:40   Link #5
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Chapter 2 is already out as well.

This chapter pretty much covered the first episode of the anime; Although the anime ended up adding some extra scenes here and there.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2007-02-18 at 21:51.
Old 2007-02-19, 03:27   Link #6
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Chapter 2 is already out as well.

This chapter pretty much covered the first episode of the anime; Although the anime ended up adding some extra scenes here and there.
Great

Although I was hoping there would be more extra scenes in the manga than the anime >.<

Link to torrent is available here: Manganews.
Old 2007-02-19, 20:06   Link #7
Jiji
*Scanlator

And now chapter 3 is out. These people are really moving along on this. I suppose it helps a bit to have the fansubs to compare with in a general sort of way, maybe.

I've only read the two chapters so far, but I think I like the anime better, which is rare for me. I usually like manga versions better--or well, I should say when the manga is the original source. Not when the manga follows the anime, if you follow me. (lol) Anyway, what do you all think? Manga better? or Anime?

----------------------------------------------------------------edit-------
Okay, so I gather that the manga is kind of concurrent with the anime, done by the same production crew. So, I guess the anime is not an adaptation of a manga. And having just read ch 3, I feel it's got the extremely rushed-plot quality that other two-volume manga adaptations have of their anime, like Stellvia for instance...

Last edited by Jiji; 2007-02-19 at 20:12. Reason: new info
Old 2007-02-19, 20:24   Link #8
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Hmm... well, even though the manga started serialization way before the anime, they're both based on the same ufotable story. So, I suppose the rush could be because they're planning to have the manga end at around the same time as the anime, assuming they're going to have the same ending. I suppose it's also possible that ufotable and the mangaka could keep the manga running with new material past the anime ending, but I think that'd be a bit unusual (unless ufotable has ambitions for a second season...).
Old 2007-02-19, 22:02   Link #9
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Wow, another chapter already!!

If they keep this up, the scanlation might actually catch up with the anime sub rathey quickly.

Anyway, after reading chapter 3, I am starting to think that the people behind the anime are Momo fans. The anime has more scenes of her up to this point, and out of all the girls, she is the only one that hasn't get an intro page (with her name) like the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueda
if you follow me. (lol) Anyway, what do you all think? Manga better? or Anime?
I think the manga started a bit better, but after three chapters, I am certainly leaning towards the anime again.

Guess is better to see a full volume before deciding.

EDIT:

Chapter 4 is out !!!!

OK, I take back what I said about Momo. The manga really likes her.

She is finally introduced here and she gets several cute scenes in this chapter that are not found in the anime.

Good times.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2007-02-21 at 01:44.
Old 2007-02-22, 00:13   Link #10
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
EDIT:

Chapter 4 is out !!!!

OK, I take back what I said about Momo. The manga really likes her.

She is finally introduced here and she gets several cute scenes in this chapter that are not found in the anime.

Good times.
I agree! The "camera" really likes her when she's using her journalistic wiles to find out what's going on! For example:

Old 2007-02-24, 22:47   Link #11
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I agree! The "camera" really likes her when she's using her journalistic wiles to find out what's going on!
Yes, that pic is pretty much what I was refering to with that comment.

Oh, In case anyone was wondering, chapter 5 is now out as well. >_<!!