AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-07, 01:25   Link #41
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Hmm, Eureka 7 for me, I guess. While the manga does contain more action and opportunities for comedic situations, it has yet to display the same degree of sophistication present in the anime.
Old 2007-03-08, 23:37   Link #42
animefanrk2k

Send a message via AIM to animefanrk2k Send a message via MSN to animefanrk2k
Hmm.... my small contribution of opinion:

Rurouni Kenshin: Legends of Kyoto, especially the first encounter between Kenshin and Saito and the final battle... those were all superbly animated. The one downside is, the anime lost a lot of goofiness throughout, but that was good because it was the serious turning point of RK.

Hmm.... there aren't many series. XD
Old 2007-03-09, 17:21   Link #43
Morganchan
Gero?!

Discounting what's already been posted here, for me, I'd have to go with Full Moon wo Sagashite.

I saw the entirety of the anime quite a while before I read the manga, so perhaps I'm biased, but overall I found it was handled better and was easier to follow. There was more drama to some parts in the series, and I connected with the characters more. Plus, it deals heavily with music, so I like the fact you can really hear the songs that the main character sings, even if you start to get sick of her endlessly played single-of-the-moment after a while XD (I guess that way you share the main character's joy when she releases a new single!)

Although the manga DOES get a nod over the anime in regards to character development! In the anime, everything seems to focus heavily on two of the main characters, where as the manga gives much-deserved attention to more of the cast. It was really frustrating, watching the end of the anime and going "Wait, but we didn't learn anything about (whatserface) and (soandso)!". I can't stand so many loose ends!

...okay, and even though it's already been said, I have to further enforce Ouran High School Host Club. Yes, the manga's good, but the animation is just so well done and amusing to watch that the manga can't contend with the sheer vivacity of its moving counterpart
Old 2007-04-08, 02:32   Link #44
Madlax26

Is Kodocha Worth buying? and if it is does tokyopop still have the license to print in N.A.

Last edited by Madlax26; 2007-04-08 at 15:55.
Old 2007-04-08, 15:21   Link #45
Blackstream

Well, Mai-Hime is the first one that I've read both the manga and the anime and agreed that the anime is better. Usually they are tied or it's the other way around.

I like the Mai-hime manga, but the anime's plot engaged me much more and impacted me quite a bit more. However, I do wish they took 2 elements from the manga and put them in the anime, it'd have been perfect.

Spoiler for Mai-hime manga and anime:
Old 2007-04-09, 09:27   Link #46
Islaya
Secchan

Chrno Crusade and Negima. Both anime are good, but the story in the manga is far better in both series than anything the did in the anime versions, especially Chrno Crusade.
Old 2007-04-09, 10:31   Link #47
jianfish
Looking for something

Initial D by a mile. Somehow watching them do the drifting and driving techniques are so much better "live".
Old 2007-04-09, 11:01   Link #48
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islaya View Post
Chrno Crusade and Negima. Both anime are good, but the story in the manga is far better in both series than anything the did in the anime versions, especially Chrno Crusade.
Isn't that precisely the opposite what this thread is meant to be?
Old 2007-04-09, 14:09   Link #49
Islaya
Secchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tug View Post
Isn't that precisely the opposite what this thread is meant to be?
Both the series are good, but the original manga story for both of them is about 100x better
Old 2007-04-09, 14:58   Link #50
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islaya View Post
Both the series are good, but the original manga story for both of them is about 100x better
Right, that's what he meant. This thread is for anime series that are 100x better than the manga, not mangas that are 100x better than the anime.
Old 2007-04-09, 15:18   Link #51
Islaya
Secchan

Ah. Hmmm, I can only think of 1, and I may get some slack for it, but I like the manga version of Evangleion a lot more than the original anime version. The story and character interaction is a lot better and more in depth, especially between Shinji and Rei.
Old 2007-04-11, 03:23   Link #52
ibreatheanime

I think the Genshiken manga is better than the anime for sure... although I do like the fact that in the anime you can watch people watching anime. It messes with your head.

Also I agree that the Evanglegion manga is better than the anime
Closed Thread