AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-24, 11:29   Link #1581
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Another one I hate recently is Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai since that show crushed my expectations very much same with Guilty Crown.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-01-27 at 02:19.
Old 2012-01-24, 12:31   Link #1582
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I'm glad someone brought this thread back. I needed a very specific place to vent about this. These are in no particular order (except for the first one).

My number one hated anime: K-On. I fucking hate, hate, HAAAAATE K-On. My -GAWD- I that hate that damned series! I completely and utterly loathe it to no end. I could explain why, but I don't want to get into it (unless someone really must know).

The second half of Dragonball Z (I liked Dragonball and roughly the first 1/3 to 1/2 of DBZ) and anything after that (any movies & GT). It just overstayed its goddamned welcome.

Air, Shuffle, and Clannad (especially Air and Clannad for girls with weird faces -- wtf was with those people and characters having huge eyes that're far apart?). Screw all 3 of those series. Seriously.

Samurai Champloo aint shit to me. That show just sucks. I mean, really. (However, I do think the animation of a few of the fight scenes was good.)

Index and Railgun can also suck it.

Then there's Evangelion. I wouldn't say that I hate it, but its unnecessarily high praise and overly dedicated fanbase definitely annoy me. Best anime of all time? No.

Elfen Lied. Another anime I don't hate, but its heavy advertisement and praise really got on my nerves. It is NOT that great, or even good -- it's just okay. I wish people would stop comparing every dark anime about some tortured young girl to this show. Elfen Lied didn't do it first and it damned sure wasn't gonna be the last.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha - Just... no. I don't see what makes it great. At all. People need to stop comparing every damned magical girl series where something "messed up" happens to this series. Gawd...

Fate/Stay Night - I consider this show to be WAY better than Nanoha (I'm not comparing the shows as they're nothing alike, but I mean in terms of popularity, I feel that Fate/Stay Night's is a lot more deserved), and I definitely do not hate it. But it's VERY vexing how people won't stfu about it and regard it as one of the greatest anime EVER (which it is NOT).

Eureka Seven - I think I could get into this show if it wasn't so whiny at moments, and totally forgettable the rest of the time.

Gintama - Overrated and not that funny. It just needs to STOP.

Wolf's Rain - Boring to hear, boring to look at, boring story to bother to pay attention to. Boring, boring, boring. And, more importantly, just downright unimpressive.

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2012-01-24 at 14:00.
Old 2012-01-24, 20:55   Link #1583
Dr. Casey

Heh, I read that as Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica at first for some reason and was kind of surprised. Yeah, I have some problems with Nanoha's pacing (Though not for the same reasons as the 'StrikerS is so slow and boring' crowd, which I completely disagree with), and the characterization seems a bit plastic and inhuman to me sometimes, like the characters are just... I dunno, vague approximations of human beings or something. Though I mostly enjoy the franchise.

And I'd like one epic rage-filled K-On rant, please.
Old 2012-01-24, 23:14   Link #1584
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post

Air, Shuffle, and Clannad (especially Air and Clannad for girls with weird faces -- wtf was with those people and characters having huge eyes that're far apart?). Screw all 3 of those series. Seriously.
But..............they're so cute!
Old 2012-01-24, 23:16   Link #1585
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Wow ... KyoAni girls are really getting the hates today.
Old 2012-01-25, 15:12   Link #1586
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Wow ... KyoAni girls are really getting the hates today.
Today? Is there someone else who's ragging on them more than they usually get?

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-01-25, 22:04   Link #1587
HarimaHario
i eat glue

99% of magical girl anime (Shugo Chara, Nanoha, etc..)

99% of music-oriented anime (ie. K-On, beck, etc..)

99% of movies (simply b/c I usually have to spend an hour reading up wtf I've just watched and have no idea of what I've just read) I know I'm not the only one on his.

Other popular anime I find boring:

Index/Railgun
Shana
Beelzebub
Katanagatari
Durarara!!
Kimi ni Todoke
Soul Eater
Ergo Proxy
Lucky Star
Trinity Blood
Vampire Knight
Hayate no Gotoku
Ghost in the Shell
Azumanga Daioh
Lain
Tsukihime
XXXholic
Old 2012-01-25, 23:14   Link #1588
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

^Lol, you named a LOT of stuff I happen to like (a lot of stuff that most people like, actually)... So what DO you like?
Old 2012-01-25, 23:48   Link #1589
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Does that make him the 1%?
Old 2012-01-26, 00:20   Link #1590
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I'm kinda interested with this statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarimaHario View Post
99% of movies (simply b/c I usually have to spend an hour reading up wtf I've just watched and have no idea of what I've just read) I know I'm not the only one on his.
Can you explain it more?
Are you talking about subtitles or written preview/review or others? Just curious.
Old 2012-01-26, 06:21   Link #1591
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:

To be honest, i think that i will understand more about an anime movie after watching it for 1 hour (you are probably more than half way in, if you have watched it for an hour) than watchig any random anime serie for 1 hour (which is roughly 2 or 3 episdes and most plots won't make too much sense when you are only 1/6 or 1/4 in). The way how you explained your reasoning (time issue) for such a bias towards movies seems strange
Old 2012-01-26, 06:55   Link #1592
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Didn't you know? This thread's main purpose is to show off how totally not mainstream you are.

Old 2012-01-26, 08:49   Link #1593
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I didn't like much Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. The only elements that makes me to dislike the anime (it's based on a visual novel first, but it was released after the first season ended) is that the story was completely rushed into school comedy instead of mystery-themed adventure series and the removal of Opera's character makes me WTF !?? and they even turned Twenty into a super-pervy character touching his nipples in every single episodes. It's not that I hate it (I love fanservice series save for Qwaser of Stigmata second season, which the story is more rushed and the fanservice was too much focused compared to the first season and the manga, lot of pointless fillers) nor I'm angry, it's just that the series contain some clichés like that.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-26, 09:00   Link #1594
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I didn't like much Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. The only elements that makes me to dislike the anime (it's based on a visual novel first, but it was released after the first season ended) is that the story was completely rushed into school comedy instead of mystery-themed adventure series and the removal of Opera's character makes me WTF !?? and they even turned Twenty into a super-pervy character touching his nipples in every single episodes. It's not that I hate it (I love fanservice series save for Qwaser of Stigmata second season, which the story is more rushed and the fanservice was too much focused compared to the first season and the manga, lot of pointless fillers) nor I'm angry, it's just that the series contain some clichés like that.
It is based on the VN, but i would say more loosely based. The VN takes place before they were good detectives and that's why they were guided by the main character. At the start of the anime they are already considered to be one the best detectives. The anime starts with by taking away their powers to make it into a comedy.
While the main focus in the VN was the mystery, but it also had it silly moments.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-01-26 at 09:16.
Old 2012-01-26, 09:03   Link #1595
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
It is based on the VN, but i would say more loosely based. The VN takes place before they were good detectives and that's why they were guided by the main character. In the start of the anime they are already considered to be one the best detectives. The anime starts with by taking away their powers to make it into a comedy.
While the main focus in the VN was the mystery, but it also had it silly moments.
So it looks like that the anime was actually a sequel to the VN.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-26, 09:09   Link #1596
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
So it looks like that the anime was actually a sequel to the VN.
Well i am not sure if the anime is a direct sequel to the first game, because i never played milky holmes 1.5 (which is the sequel to the first psp game). So i have no idea how that game ended.

edit: how can it technically be based on the VN, while the anime came out earlier? Because i forgot when the game and anime came out, but the anime clearly came out 2 months before the VN.
Old 2012-01-26, 09:19   Link #1597
HarimaHario
i eat glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
^Lol, you named a LOT of stuff I happen to like (a lot of stuff that most people like, actually)... So what DO you like?
Copy pasta from my other tread:

Here's the list of anime I've watched and rated. You can sort them by rating to get a better idea of my preferred anime. Sort by year to see how experienced/old school I am. I'm pretty serious in rating them, so it's very accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Didn't know there was such a thing in anime world xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'm kinda interested with this statement:

Can you explain it more?
Are you talking about subtitles or written preview/review or others? Just curious.
I'm talking about the movie itself. Almost all of them contain deep hidden elements/meaning (often with religious references), and it's up to how viewers wish to interpret them so there's no right or wrong answer. Think of it as reading a poetry. I'm just not those kind of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
To be honest, i think that i will understand more about an anime movie after watching it for 1 hour (you are probably more than half way in, if you have watched it for an hour) than watchig any random anime serie for 1 hour (which is roughly 2 or 3 episdes and most plots won't make too much sense when you are only 1/6 or 1/4 in). The way how you explained your reasoning (time issue) for such a bias towards movies seems strange
You seem to misinterpret what I said. After I 'finished' watching a movie, I will then usually HAVE TO spend about 'an hour' reading up on it because the movie doesn't make any sense to me or it has a lot of unanswered questions. This gets pretty old for me, and over time I just don't bother with them anymore.

Also like to add that most movies heavily rely on religious element, which is the biggest turn off for me.

------

Back on topic. Adding more to the list:

Bleach - Stopped watching at about 170 episodes. Guess I'm just too old or grew out of all the predictable kiddie plots, lame jokes, and mediocore characters/animation.
Moster
Blood+
Hellsing
D-Gray Man

*Custom-made flame suit on*
Full Metal Alchemist
Gintama
Evangelion
Old 2012-01-26, 09:22   Link #1598
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:

You seem to misinterpret what I said. After I 'finished' watching a movie, I will then usually HAVE TO spend about 'an hour' reading up on it because the movie doesn't make any sense to me or it has a lot of unanswered questions. This gets pretty old for me, and over time I just don't bother with them anymore.

Also like to add that most movies heavily rely on religious element, which is the biggest turn off for me.
Same can be said about anime series, even if you watched a serie till the end you will be still be left confused untill you watch previous elements.

edit: let's take examples from your favorite animes:

animes that leave you possibly with unanswered questions if you don't rewatch it or if you have not been paying attention:
-code geass and also r2
-gundam 00 and it's 2nd season
-Angel Beats
-Higurashi
-Steins;Gate

So how is that actually different from movies?

Also i have no idea what anime movies you have been watching, but the majority of the ones that i have seen do not contain religious themes.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-01-26 at 09:40.
Old 2012-01-26, 09:24   Link #1599
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Seems like there's a lot of people hating K-ON!, Dragon Ball GT and Guilty Crown cause people gets bored of ****ty moe slice-of-life anime (since Azumanga Daioh), generic long-runned shounen action stuff and the like.

Even most people hate Deen's works because the studio was responsible for butchering Violonist of Hamelin's TV series and producing the entire third season (full of fillers) of the first Rurouni Kenshin TV series, which Fuji TV will led to cancellation due to this and poor TV ratings. As a result, Deen has too much flaws toward the anime adaptation decay, even today. The latter even has suffered Kazuhiro Furuhashi who was forced to butcher every single Kenshin anime works right after the TV series which results to a lot of hatred towards the TV series.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-01-26 at 09:43.
Old 2012-01-26, 09:42   Link #1600
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Even most people hate Deen's works because the studio was responsible for butchering Violonist of Hamelin's TV series and producing the entire third season (full of fillers) of the first Rurouni Kenshin TV series, which Fuji TV will led to cancellation due to this and poor TV ratings.
I disagree, most people these days (the modern anime viewers) haven't even seen Violinist of Hamelin or maybe even the first Rurouni Kenshin tv serie.
Also Violinist of Hamelin stays on my emotional soft spot for being an anime that i saw on my first anime convention.
Closed Thread