AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-07, 07:42   Link #41
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
With such a huge amount of classes, I fear you'd have no choice but to do elaborate research in order to choose your class...
Well, here're a couple more, along with answers to some questions.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 07:54   Link #42
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It'll be fine if they allow you to easily switch between classes.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 17:15   Link #43
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

I hope they don't allow class switching. Each 2nd class would already have a wide range of skills at their disposal (least for any particular class is 5). With less skills available for each player, partying will be much more fun due to the unique mix of skills. Part of the fun is starting a new class without prior knowledge. It doesn't have to be perfect and you learn how to play your character a lot better that way too. Although I do have to admit I do a lot of research beforehand.

It also makes replay value higher. Well, so long as they don't make the grinding too bad. I'm more curious about how the non-battle classes (e.g. alchemists) will level.
Old 2014-08-07, 21:48   Link #44
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm down for the old RO way. Making new character if you want to play a new class. While it's good for casual players like me in FFXIV, switching classes makes me feel like I could do everything on my own, and the social aspect takes a hit due to everyone just does everything and not rely on other player/guild mate.

Although I'm pretty sure there won't be class switching due to the structure of class advancing in ToS.
Old 2014-08-08, 03:34   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If there's no switching then at least don't make it a grind to get to the 'good part' of using the class
Old 2014-08-08, 05:30   Link #46
FateAnomaly

This seems like a game that i will be interested in.

I would like to be able to switch class too but it seems unlikely.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 05:23   Link #47
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Q&A 12th class preview:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
1.1. Highlander is a warrior class that uses 2-h sword.
1.2. It is more offense oriented than Peltasta, which is a class on the same rank, and it has AOE skills for multiple targets.
1.3. Creatures flown away can take secondary damage by the wall or other obstacles so it fights effectively on narrow or complex terrains.

2.1. Dievdirby is a cleric class that makes wooden statues.
2.2. Depending on the statue [of the Goddess], it will debuff the enemies nearby or increase the range of friendly unit's AOE spells [and etc].
2.3. Statue of Vakarine will allow players to teleport to nearby Statue of Goddess [which works as a warp point].

3.1. Ranger is an archer class specified in AOE attacks.
3.2. Unlike many other archer classes, it has AOE attacks that can be used in specific situations.
3.3. For example, there are penetrating arrows shot linearly and arrows that deflect and damage others when a killing blow is made.

4.1. Oracle is a cleric class that has power to foresee.
4.2. It notifies nearby players where enemies will attack,
4.3. or knows what a monster will drop when it's killed.
4.4. It can also change a monster into another one about the same level, or summon a random monster in the same map [so a farming strategy can be made].
Dievdirby is so hilarious that I think I'll make one.
Old 2014-08-09, 10:40   Link #48
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Q&A 12th class preview...
Now with an early stab at translation...
Old 2014-08-26, 19:31   Link #49
Firefly00

Lucky 13

In the first, here's the official English translation of blog #12. With that out of the way...

"Hiii...!"

Do you like playing doppelganger? Are you fond of using the elements to crush your enemies and see them driven before you? Or perhaps you're fond of laying traps to funnel the tangos into kill boxes and fire zones? If the answer to any of the questions is 'yes', then proceed to blog #13 and enjoy.

"I lost the bomb... do you have it?"
Old 2014-08-28, 07:59   Link #50
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
In the first, here's the official English translation of blog #12. With that out of the way...

"Hiii...!"

Do you like playing doppelganger? Are you fond of using the elements to crush your enemies and see them driven before you? Or perhaps you're fond of laying traps to funnel the tangos into kill boxes and fire zones? If the answer to any of the questions is 'yes', then proceed to blog #13 and enjoy.

"I lost the bomb... do you have it?"
If that is a subclass of Archer, can I still use my bows? (Reason: Place landmine, then piss off a mob with an arrow, BOOM)

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 09:26   Link #51
Raviel

^There was a part in the video where 2 Sappers set up a wall of bamboo traps, lured the monsters toward them, and then started shooting.

I'm more interested in the fact that the game will apparently be instanced in the same way Guild Wars was (you can apparently only see your party members outside of town) but it's also kinda like Dark Souls in that you can join up with people who are in the same area as you.

At least that's how I understood that particular answer.

P.S. Monks have can learn Kamehameha
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 09:29   Link #52
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
If that is a subclass of Archer, can I still use my bows? (Reason: Place landmine, then piss off a mob with an arrow, BOOM)
Yes. Instead of saying "subclass", I think to be precise, it's just another branch of Archer class. Meaning you could have your previous skills from Archer class together with skill from your new branch.
Old 2014-09-04, 09:21   Link #53
Firefly00

All points be advised, we have eyes on hands-on. Specifically, a staff member actually playing the current build of the game.
Old 2014-09-04, 09:35   Link #54
Raviel

So, I don't think I'm the only one who noticed the rather dark implications of that pot and the monsters that kidnap children.

It's times like these that I'm glad RO and ToS have a cuteness filter over everything in the game. Things would get pretty dark if they didn't

Ah, the things you can get past the radar with visuals like these
Old 2014-09-04, 10:42   Link #55
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It reminds me of people who watched Log Horizon anime only, and didn't know all the dark side implication of the novel.

Another prime candidate of that is this game.

Old 2014-09-11, 14:52   Link #56
Lord C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
It reminds me of people who watched Log Horizon anime only, and didn't know all the dark side implication of the novel.

Another prime candidate of that is this game.

You mean that purgatory theory thing?
Old 2014-09-11, 16:34   Link #57
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord C View Post
You mean that purgatory theory thing?
No, the slavery of newbies and possibly NPCs that is done by some guilds like Hamelin, for starter.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 23:08   Link #58
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Also, no more weekly update post from the dev blog. They are saying they want to focus on wrapping up the game for CBT. Guess CBT is close, guys.
Old 2014-09-11, 23:13   Link #59
Raviel

I guess that means we can expect an international/english version sometime next year.
Old 2014-11-15, 16:08   Link #60
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

New Tree of Savior Promotional Video coming G-Star 2014

Quote:
imcGAMES has publicly announce that Nexon will be their publisher for Tree of Savior in Korea. imcGAMES will be responsible for business and development. Nexon will be responsible for business marketing. This relationship will not affect international CBT.

imcGAMES has put in a lot of efforts to develop Tree of Savior, a new open world MMORPG featuring a giant tree in a virtual world. Tree of Savior boasts fairy tale graphics, 80 distinct job classes, a massive world and high degree of freedom.

Nexon (CEO Park Ji-won) and imcGAMES (CEO Kim Hak-kyu) have announced that they have signed the joint business agreement for the new MMORPG Tree of Savior. Nexon has acquired the license to publish and market Tree of Savior developed by imcGAMES domestically (Korea).

Park Ji-Won, Nexon CEO said “Even before launch, the game has received a lot of attention prior to 2015 and will be one of the highly anticipated release”. He also said “With the development efforts of imcGAMES and our enhanced cooperation, I will be able to provide the best MMORPG with good performance.”

Kim Hak-Kyu, imcGAMES CEO said “I believe Tree of Savior has the potential to shine above Nexon’s expectations”. He also said “I will make sure that I will speed up the development to start testing the game as soon as possible”.

In G-Star 2014 in November 20-23rd. Nexon plans to unveil a new promotional video for the Tree of Savior game.
http://treeofsaviorgame.com/tos/618/...blisher-korea/

Tags
anime, mmorpg, ragnarok online, tree of savior