AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-05, 00:49   Link #1
BurLoire
Inactive Member

Pretear~

What do you guys think of the manga Pretear? I've only read through the first volume but it's pretty good so far. I just wanted to know other's opinions, maybe we could aruge sensibliy about it? ^__^ That's my past time.
Old 2004-01-05, 20:07   Link #2
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

I haven't read the manga, but I've seen the anime, and I like it
Old 2004-01-07, 23:30   Link #3
BurLoire
Inactive Member

Is there really an anime? That's so awesome! Now I have to download it.
The manga is so cute. How are the illustrations in the anime?
Old 2004-01-12, 15:10   Link #4
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Yup! There is! ^^ But the anime is licensed, so I suggest you to buy the DVDs
The graphics are pretty good

Here's some info, you can also watch a trailer : http://www.advfilms.com/catalog/Deta...=1&i=173&v=989

Last edited by Hellychan; 2004-02-02 at 16:46.
Old 2004-01-22, 16:58   Link #5
alice

Send a message via MSN to alice Send a message via Yahoo to alice
I'm enjoying the anime of Pretear so far. I was wondering, does anyone think the manga will be brought to the US? I mean, I can try searching for the actual Japanese version, or Chinese version, but I am really bad at reading both.

I know that ADV is starting to bring out mangas along with their anime, such as Full Metal Panic. I was just hoping that the manga for Pretear would come too, since I've been hearing that the manga goes a little beyond the anime.
So, anyone wanna help me?
Old 2004-01-23, 03:21   Link #6
Althalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice
I was wondering, does anyone think the manga will be brought to the US?
Hmm... maybe you should take a look at this...

~Althalus
Old 2004-01-23, 16:21   Link #7
YoYo

Pretear's one of the mangas that I follow and it gets better and better. Yeah, the manga goes into more detail than the anime which leaves a lot of stuff out. The character styles are slightly different too. Plus, gotta love the purtay pictures.
Old 2007-01-14, 01:27   Link #8
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Before it was licensed I watched and finished all of the Pretear anime in fansubs by March 2002, and I love it because the main characters were having issues, tribulations, and motivations that made them very human believable.

Pretear restored my faith on the mahou-shoujo genre when it was previously crushed upon the junk that was Corrector Yui.

Two years later I bought ALL of the R1 DVDs and watched the dub in my DVD player, taking my time rewatching the series dubbed each weekend.

After that I started to focus my efforts on finding the manga and did so in fan scanlations approximately two months before the manga became licensed as well.

Another two years later (2006) I was able to find and buy the first two volumes of the manga in the B. Dalton Bookstore but for the remainder of the year I was not able to localize the last two manga volumes.

When I received my first credit card on late-December 2006 I purchased the last two volumes via Amazon and got them shipped really fast in about four weeks.

During this week I received the last two volumes and read through them all today.

I found out that both anime and manga share the same core plots but went to different directions each one of them. because the anime had introduced two plot devices that were original and nowhere to be found in the manga, which made some plot twists downgraded from the manga to the anime, and other some upgraded from the manga to the anime.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-18, 04:10   Link #9
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

The anime and manga tends to be out a bit.... But the idea is still the same. Too bad that they could have made the anime longer...

I like the intro song... Especially towards the chorus part...

As for the manga, Not too bad. The pictures are nice , The characters are well drawn .... The storyline ..... hmmm a bit expected... hehe
Closed Thread