AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 14 24.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 42.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 21.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-28, 22:18   Link #41
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't get it. Why does Sui want to close the inn? Some weird aesthetic?

It's one thing to close down a business that's unprofitable.
Well, the inn is unprofitable, and it's only going to get worse once the new resort opens. And on top of that, she really has no one to pass it on to -- Enishi has shown himself to be utterly incompetent in business, Satsuki doesn't want it, and Ohana is too young. The only alternative is to give it to an employee like Tomoe or Ren -- and I'm not sure they could handle it -- or sell it to a stranger who might do god knows what to the place (and frankly, I don't think the employees would stick around if a stranger took over).

Quote:
But to put half a dozen people out of work just because she doesn't feel like continuing?
She's an old woman in declining health who's devoted her entire life to this place. I don't begrudge her wanting to spend her last few years relaxing. Just think about it -- Ohana's been there, what, six months, and so far as we know, she and Sui have only had two conversations as grandmother and grandchild (when Sui was in the hospital and when Satsuki came to visit). That's gotta be hard on Sui, but as long as she's Madame Manager it's not going to change.

(Of course, we all know somethings going to come along to save the inn, most like Satsuki deciding to return to the fold.)
Old 2011-08-28, 22:44   Link #42
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Dammit man if Okada's going down this road again and this late, then I hope she puts all her effort into it. Other than that great episode, finally the show is back to doing what it does best. More comments later,
Old 2011-08-28, 23:07   Link #43
Austin1
Work=FUN!!!1ONE

I can't wait for next episode where Ko shoots her down. Also, Tohru is 23 and handling these teen girl crushes like a boss. There is no way he would go out with Minchi or Ohana. They still act like children and he would get very annoyed with them pretty quickly.
Old 2011-08-28, 23:40   Link #44
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin1 View Post
Also, Tohru is 23 and handling these teen girl crushes like a boss. There is no way he would go out with Minchi or Ohana. They still act like children and he would get very annoyed with them pretty quickly.
Well, he's the last bastion of manliness in this series.

And yep, there could be two meanings to Sui's words at the end. Either she shuts Kissuiso down completely, and pass it to someone let them reorganise the place from scratch. Now which is it?
Old 2011-08-28, 23:46   Link #45
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post

Minchi... At times I love her because she's the only one in this cast who calls BS, and there's a lot of BS. But she's definitely not likable. She's not just anger-prone, but prone to violent anger and when she angers, she really tries to hurt. She has a fundamentally self-centered worldview and really needs to grow up.
My own view on Minchi is similar to your own. She basically needs to learn anger management, and also learn that some things (especially romantic attraction) comes down to personal taste, and there's not necessarily a "right" or "wrong" taste (this is especially important for a cook to learn, lol). Once Ohana said she had a crush on Ko, that should have been the end of it.
Old 2011-08-28, 23:58   Link #46
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
One of the best episodes for me since I really like Minko. There is something real about her...getting in Ohana's face is amusing too. Though you think she would tone it down later on XD

I liked this episode how things were resolved in a way and how the plot is progressing. Maybe people just want to retire *shrug*
Old 2011-08-29, 00:38   Link #47
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Finally finished watching episode 22 this late at night, even though I downloaded it this morning, this urge of not watching was all Minko fault! Her previous behavior in episode 21, really irritated me! I understood her frustration, but to solely blaming her failed one sided love on Ohana, is very petty. Now to the good parts regarding Ohana conversation w/ her mother, regarding her mom love life and constant observation of Minko repeatedly failed one sided love for Tohru, made her realize her true feelings for Ko.

Now I'm afraid of the return to the Tokyo arc, because Ko might of moved on w/ the bookstore girl , either way, this series portrayed one clear point across to me. It shows that Ohana has matured, she is different now, compared her first appearance in episode 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Oh come on... Obviously, Ohana has had feelings for Ko the entire time (don't tell me you didn't notice this, please), but has been trying to surpress those feelings (or been in denial). What's changed now, is she has come to accept it and decided to deal with it head-on. That is character development. I'm sorry you're not getting your fantasy yuri ending, but please don't talk as if the show has betrayed your trust or something by going in this direction when this is clearly where it's been heading from the get-go.
I agree entirely with your post, I'm lol@ other viewers, who didn't see Ohana feelings for Ko this entire time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
They going to cram all the development with Ko in at the last minute?
See, I can't quite fathom how people can be watching Hanasaku Iroha THIS long, and still be surprised about the trolling.
It depends, if Ko rejects Ohana, that means he has develop, he has moved on with his life, but if he didn't, there no need to develop him further, because he has been already set-up as the sweet and good looking generic boy, while Ohana on the other side of the spectrum, she couldn't sort out her feelings till now, it was after all, the first confession in her life.
Quote:
Beanman caught the bouquet. He and Jiromaru?

I was very pleased to see the series put on the big boy pants and deal with matters of consequence again. It's awkward because it's been so long and there were definitely some flat spots, but on the whole it was a good episode. Hopefully now that all the feelings are out in the open this whole never-was nonsense between Ohana and Tohru can be put away for good.
Agreed, I don't know where people get this , when it was a one sided for Tohru toward Ohana, plus he was never gonna do anything w/ her anyways, she just entertaining w/ her antics at the Inn.
Quote:
Nice job blowing off your otouto's wedding, Satsuki. But getting Ohana off the pot and sending that note makes up for it. Hearing Yuina read that, oh my - I had to splash some cold water on my face. If only she'd been in a massage chair as she read it...
I lol@ the wet part of the message ^_^ Make sure its wet, my little brother!
Old 2011-08-29, 05:06   Link #48
black_star
How should i say it?

Anyone realize that the chara that talked with Enishi around 14:59 is voiced by Kimiko (nano.RIPE's vocalist)?
She also gave a song too for the wedding...

Also, i laughed hard at JiroXMame scene.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
Old 2011-08-29, 05:55   Link #49
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Just about loved his episode to bits. I think Minchi's fight with Ohana was handled very well and when Ohana said she was still in love with Ko, I had to do a victory lap around my house.
Old 2011-08-29, 06:24   Link #50
creaothceann

Spoiler:
10/10 WOULD WATCH AGAIN

Though what did her mother mean with having a one-sided crush on Ohana's father? Makes me wonder how Ohana came to be...
Old 2011-08-29, 09:56   Link #51
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaothceann View Post
Though what did her mother mean with having a one-sided crush on Ohana's father? Makes me wonder how Ohana came to be...
Why do I feel some DRAMA behind it. She made it sound like she's the other woman.

She says he's dead already. What did he dies of? Damn other than Mame-ji guys have a low life expectancy.

Considering her taste in men the father I picture would a be dirty old man who died of a heart attack.
Old 2011-08-29, 11:07   Link #52
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaothceann View Post
Her father is dead, its kind of hard for a dead guy to feel any emotions (including love) hence her mum saying she has an one-sided crush on Ohana's father.
Old 2011-08-29, 12:37   Link #53
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Why do I feel some DRAMA behind it. She made it sound like she's the other woman.

She says he's dead already. What did he dies of? Damn other than Mame-ji guys have a low life expectancy.
Dead or in drag, that's how Okada likes her guys...
Old 2011-08-29, 13:58   Link #54
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Her father is dead, its kind of hard for a dead guy to feel any emotions (including love) hence her mum saying she has an one-sided crush on Ohana's father.
Woah, very unique interpretation
Old 2011-08-29, 14:07   Link #55
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_star View Post
Anyone realize that the chara that talked with Enishi around 14:59 is voiced by Kimiko (nano.RIPE's vocalist)?
Yeah. Kind of looks like her, too. Kind of.
Old 2011-08-29, 15:04   Link #56
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
My own view on Minchi is similar to your own. She basically needs to learn anger management, and also learn that some things (especially romantic attraction) comes down to personal taste, and there's not necessarily a "right" or "wrong" taste (this is especially important for a cook to learn, lol). Once Ohana said she had a crush on Ko, that should have been the end of it.
I'd personally argue that demanding Ohana to go out with Tohru at all was unreasonable. Minchi was operating from some kind of presumption that Ohana was inconveniencing Tohru...when in reality she felt like SHE was the one being inconvenienced and was lashing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
It depends, if Ko rejects Ohana, that means he has develop, he has moved on with his life, but if he didn't, there no need to develop him further, because he has been already set-up as the sweet and good looking generic boy, while Ohana on the other side of the spectrum, she couldn't sort out her feelings till now, it was after all, the first confession in her life.
That'd be pretty unsatisfying. I think it'd confirm everybody's feelings about Ko being a rather flat character. Right now I'm of the view point that there are two *good* ways to wrap things up with Ko. Both the endings could be equally good in my mind, but the execution on one is much more difficult (and from my perspective it's not preferred).

-Ohana has to win Ko back. This is done by having mother fucking adult conversations. Not making cutsey analogies about each other, or smiling or giggling like a pair of adorable ten year olds while creepy fans squee over how cute that is.

Some kind of catharsis being reached between the two after they thoroughly diss and call eachother out on their respective failings (Ko for running off from a confused Ohana after confessing, and Ohana for holding out on Ko for so long) would go so far in giving me more respect for the pairing.

-Ohana and Ko reconcile. They realize that they did used to really like each other but they've both changed/drifted so much that they don't know each other anymore. They amicably go their separate ways, clearing the water.

Ko acting out the part of a eternally passive, chaste virginal maiden waiting for the gallant Ohana to deflower would be kinda lame and ass pulled.
Old 2011-08-29, 16:10   Link #57
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I'd personally argue that demanding Ohana to go out with Tohru at all was unreasonable.
Yes, but I can understand Minchi wanting to force the issue; wanting to force Ohana to recognize that Tohru has a crush on her and for her to deal with it. Ohana's obliviousness was making a bad situation much worse for Minchi, so I can't fault Minchi at all for wanting to force the issue with Ohana.

Could she have forced it in a better and more effective way? Most definitely. But this much alone I'll let slide for Minchi.

However, it's simply insane to ask a girl to confess to a guy when she's explicitly telling you that she has a crush on a different guy.
Old 2011-08-29, 16:25   Link #58
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Dead or in drag, that's how Okada likes her guys...
I fear for Ren's life, how old is he really?
Old 2011-08-29, 18:12   Link #59
marcosius
Anime Critic
*Author

It's a shame that the animation was not in the same level than the plot.

PV: Did you notice that Satsuki arrives to the bookstore where Ko works in the trolling PV?
Old 2011-08-29, 18:19   Link #60
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosius View Post
It's a shame that the animation was not in the same level than the plot.
I dunno, I thought the fight scene was pretty well animated.