AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Old 2004-04-16, 14:49   Link #141
Shift_

hmm I thought evil Hikari was like Akari (like Akari splitting apart from Hikari or something)...hrmmmmmm....but we do see Akari at the end of ep 2...
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 17:31   Link #142
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
This is my first post on Miniku-Utsuku... I love the music! It is incredible! I'm a sucker for forceful OP themes

Everyone's talking about Akari and Hikari's "light separation"... but did anyone pickup the fact that before the two "Lights" parted, for a brief second, they formed a Double-Helix?

Ah... these subtle drops of tiny hints it's all going to blow up at the end-- 間違いない .

Also, despite the "spellings" (romaji) differences both "Hikari " and "Akari" imply "Light."
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 20:44   Link #143
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Which means you either obviously didn't watch the first 2 episodes, or you are braindead and missed all of the half-dozen or so really good moral/plot points they bring out that are NOTHING like Mahoromatic...
Same VA's, similar char design, similar humor. There are plenty of similarities on the outside. I wont comment about the plot since its only been two eps but its hard not to think of the similarities between shikijo sensei and Jennifer Portman.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 22:26   Link #144
LinChoiSin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
Same VA's, similar char design, similar humor. There are plenty of similarities on the outside. I wont comment about the plot since its only been two eps but its hard not to think of the similarities between shikijo sensei and Jennifer Portman.
at least there are no maids...so far.
i sincerely hope it'll be better than Mahoromatic if it's not i'll be really disapointed by Gainax
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 22:44   Link #145
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinChoiSin
at least there are no maids...so far.
i sincerely hope it'll be better than Mahoromatic if it's not i'll be really disapointed by Gainax
I'm really glad I never watched Mahoromatic so I can evaluate this show on it's own merits
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 17:30   Link #146
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Is this show airing yet? Or have I missed it? O_o
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 17:39   Link #147
Lyreleaf
Inactive Member

It just starting airing a few weeks ago, actually. The first two episodes are already available fansubbed.
Lyreleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 18:02   Link #148
suires
たこ焼き名人

I just watched EP2 last night. I don't think I am too impressed by this episode. EP1 is very good.

I did not watch complete Mahoromatics series, maybe half episodes here and there. It never caught my attension. So, I cannot really compare Konomini with Mahoromatics. However, I think lots of people will compare them because of the similarities in character design and CVs. I don't have a set expectation out of this series but I really hope it has good storyline. The beginning of this series is really good. Seems to me there will be some kind of dramatic events happen soon. If the EP3 is still like the EP2, I am going drop it.
suires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 18:30   Link #149
Melazoma

I'm counting on the potential of this series--Gainax and all. Strangely, I've never watched anything Mahoro~, and don't plan to, at least until after this series finishes.

suires, are you really from Taipei? It's rather amazing to see such proficiency--unless of course, if you are one of the White businessmen crowding the FuShin Nan Lu Starbucks--from you. I was born and raised in GaoShiong(I abhor the official spelling--it's... wrong). Been back there a few times for various reasons, hated the pollution, but the best thing was still the accesiblility to all things anime-manga-games
/
Old 2004-04-17, 19:14   Link #150
suires
たこ焼き名人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
I'm counting on the potential of this series--Gainax and all. Strangely, I've never watched anything Mahoro~, and don't plan to, at least until after this series finishes.

suires, are you really from Taipei? It's rather amazing to see such proficiency--unless of course, if you are one of the White businessmen crowding the FuShin Nan Lu Starbucks--from you. I was born and raised in GaoShiong(I abhor the official spelling--it's... wrong). Been back there a few times for various reasons, hated the pollution, but the best thing was still the accesiblility to all things anime-manga-games
/
Melazoma, thank you for your comment!
I will hide the rest. You do not have to read this if you don't want to. It is not spoiler just off topic.
Spoiler:
suires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 20:43   Link #151
User13971
Inactive Member

Question What is "KgNE"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo
I would have never expected EVA or KgNE to turn out the way they did.
Please to tell me: What is "KgNE"?

Thanks,

Kai
User13971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 21:04   Link #152
User13971
Inactive Member

Post Fonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagari-chan
I know this is a biased statement, but I saw screen caps of Aone/Onigiri's dialogue font. IMO it was too thin, and the italic was a bit distracting. In Keep/A-E's version, we used a simple font... the simplist you can get lol. People mentioned that our Tsukihime font was a bit hard to read so we went with whats on the release for Konomini... a basic, easy to read font that leechers shouldn't complain about :P

I don't know if this this is common knowledge among the translation community, but extensive research into visual disabilities (more than 10-years old now) at Virginia (UVa), Berkeley and Purdue, all indicate that a plain non-italic, non-serif font is the easiest to read.

Kai
User13971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 21:19   Link #153
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai
Please to tell me: What is "KgNE"?

Thanks,

Kai
Read my Siggy^_^ It's got the name that abbreviates to KgNE and the translation
Old 2004-04-18, 01:22   Link #154
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

episode 3 is quite... strange... Akari and Ryou somehow appear very very creepy to me... I think there's something wrong about them...
Spoiler:
it makes me worry about Ryou's mental state...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 01:41   Link #155
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
I'd watch this anime except... I already watched it when it was called Mahoromatic!!
Good one. I couldn't get through that series, and I'm cuttin' loose from this one after 2 episodes. If this show ever grows up maybe it will decide whether it wants to be an action series or a harem anime - well, I guess that's not necessarily grown up...

In the meantime the writing is just not there - the show plays like an outline for something that could have been developed if anyone had cared. I was skeptical after the first episode but now I am just through. The scenes just kind of come along one after the other and nothing is set up properly. The scene right near the end of #2 with Hikari didn't pay off because the rest of the show was a lot of half-assed nonsense.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 05:31   Link #156
wao
OK.

babbito2k, you completely summed up what I felt. I'm very disappointed and I'm dropping it even just after 2 eps... if I hear that it gets better maybe I'll watch it again, but if it only gets good at like ep 8 or something that's sad.

I don't know why they decided to animate this manga even... I thought Gainax could look out for better stories. (Oversimplifying and generalizing here!)
Old 2004-04-19, 07:05   Link #157
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

they didn't animate the manga, both the anime and the manga are original works from GAINAX, they are releasing them in parallel I think.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 08:54   Link #158
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

The only reason I might continue watching this show is that I want to see something really terrible happen to the main characters. It'd be nice if they all died horribly tragic deaths.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 13:03   Link #159
JediNight
キズランダム

[QUOTE=LazyBones104]From the preview pictures I thought this was going to be some big post-apocalyptic saga or something. ^^; Kinda disappointed with the first 2 episodes..Way too many other good shows to catch up on during this season.QUOTE]

Err.... what other shows do you consider "good" per se?

Aishiteruze Baby is an interesting concept, but a bit slow in plot IMHO. BakuTen is a BGC western(bleh), Tenjo Tenge is pure fanservice(crap). Sensei no Ojikan seems interesting, but doesn't have the strong characters that Azumanga does. Midori no Hibi is just weird... I'll leave it at that ;p Few others are kinda based on personal taste like Hi no Tori and Shura whatever.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 13:11   Link #160
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
episode 3 is quite... strange... Akari and Ryou somehow appear very very creepy to me... I think there's something wrong about them...
Spoiler:
it makes me worry about Ryou's mental state...
I watched the ep3 raw last night as well, I thought it was another good ep:

Spoiler:
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote