AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-25, 23:07   Link #1081
velvet nightmare

yes, but does luke care about cecily losing aria? no, not really

if aria really was that important he'd take it himself to achieve his goal, but apparently he wants his own 'special' demon sword. im guessing one that takes the form of a katana and not a rapier.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 02:25   Link #1082
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
what does it matter, the empire doesn't know their faces
I don't think it would be wise for Charlotte to bet all their lives on that. Even assuming that Siegfried will hide his knowledge of their faces and identities to protect himself, the fact that he was able to find out enough to locate them and manipulate them into trying to kidnap Luke and Aria suggests that they weren't keeping that low a profile.

Besides, Charlotte lived in the Imperial capital with her mother until she was eight, and Doris, Margot and Penelope were most likely in the emperor's service before they were assigned to Charlotte and her mother as part of their severance package. Add to that the fact that they were regularly moving around town while staying with Cecily, and I doubt the Empire would have much trouble identifying them if they remained in town, even if they changed their names.

The big question is would the Empire bother? I'd agree that the chances of them being interested are slim. The problem for Charlotte and company, though, is that "slim" is not the same as "none," and the risk would make it difficult for them to settle down and put all their effort into starting new lives. If Charlotte ever ended up in line for a high-profile position, the fact that the Empire regards her as a criminal could be a serious issue.

Defecting to a rival power has a different set of potential problems, but it does have the advantage that Charlotte can go about her business and build a new life openly.

Quote:
I don't think it's on the absolute top of his priority list, but after Charlotte let slip that she sent her bodyguards after Aria he immediately interrogated her to find out how many there were, then ordered Lisa to bring the sword materials and went straight off to help Cecily. So I think he does care, even if it's only for Lisa's sake (and I don't think that's entirely the case either; he does come to have respect for Cecily).
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 13:02   Link #1083
klare

i feel something is not right about the story of eps 8...
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 15:59   Link #1084
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post

The big question is would the Empire bother? I'd agree that the chances of them being interested are slim. The problem for Charlotte and company, though, is that "slim" is not the same as "none," and the risk would make it difficult for them to settle down and put all their effort into starting new lives. If Charlotte ever ended up in line for a high-profile position, the fact that the Empire regards her as a criminal could be a serious issue.
ok.. so why didn't the empire march on the city to investigate when they had their army and the 4 swords with them to make sure they wern't being harbored inside the town?

if they wern't going to do it then why they had the highest chance of finding them as well as capturing them, would they bother going back on a 'slim' chance? i don't think anyone in the empire would bother going back to check up on them with the a high probability of extremely slim gain

Quote:
I don't think it's on the absolute top of his priority list, but after Charlotte let slip that she sent her bodyguards after Aria he immediately interrogated her to find out how many there were, then ordered Lisa to bring the sword materials and went straight off to help Cecily. So I think he does care, even if it's only for Lisa's sake (and I don't think that's entirely the case either; he does come to have respect for Cecily).
he went the first time to make sure cecily wouldn't get killed, not to make sure she didn't lose the demon sword to the empire, that just came along with defeating the 3 girls as a side benefit
Old 2009-11-27, 19:42   Link #1085
Cinocard

Quote:

if aria really was that important he'd take it himself to achieve his goal, but apparently he wants his own 'special' demon sword. im guessing one that takes the form of a katana and not a rapier.
My point is that Siegfied could have totally raped Cecily's ass and taken Aria, if he had done it himself instead of going through all the risks (yes, huge risks) of giving the 4 demons swords to Charlotte.

Manipulating others behind the shadow fit the theme of a smart ass villain, but doing that to someone like Charlotte makes no sense.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 00:04   Link #1086
Guppy

Quote:
if they wern't going to do it then why they had the highest chance of finding them as well as capturing them, would they bother going back on a 'slim' chance? i don't think anyone in the empire would bother going back to check up on them with the a high probability of extremely slim gain
Because circumstances change. Right now, I'd agree that the Empire clearly doesn't care enough about Charlotte to bother hunting her down.

In the future, though, things might be different. Say Charlotte sticks around, works hard and becomes a person of influence in the town. It might well become convenient for someone to dredge the issue up for political reasons - either to get Charlotte herself out of the way, or as a simple pretext to act against the town itself.

Quote:
he went the first time to make sure cecily wouldn't get killed, not to make sure she didn't lose the demon sword to the empire, that just came along with defeating the 3 girls as a side benefit
If what you're trying to say is that Luke cares more about Cecily than Aria, then I think that's fair enough. I'd agree that he doesn't care that much about Aria as a sword, either.

As a person, though, Aria is important to Cecily and Lisa. Although he might pretend otherwise, that does count for something with Luke - after all, he agreed to help rescue Aria in the last arc for Cecily and Lisa's sake (mostly Lisa's, but he cares more about Cecily now than he did then).
Old 2009-11-28, 01:18   Link #1087
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Because circumstances change. Right now, I'd agree that the Empire clearly doesn't care enough about Charlotte to bother hunting her down.

In the future, though, things might be different. Say Charlotte sticks around, works hard and becomes a person of influence in the town. It might well become convenient for someone to dredge the issue up for political reasons - either to get Charlotte herself out of the way, or as a simple pretext to act against the town itself.
would it make a difference if she were in the militant nation and built up a reputation? probably not. a wanted criminal in city A, is also one in city B

though you have to ask yourself if they would get into politics given what we know about those 4. their 'happiness' was pretty much maid life with cecily and family. this is probably open ended interpretation but w/e
Old 2009-11-28, 01:40   Link #1088
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep9:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 05:44   Link #1089
Guppy

Quote:
would it make a difference if she were in the militant nation and built up a reputation? probably not. a wanted criminal in city A, is also one in city B
Regarding your second point, a wanted criminal in country A is not necessarily a wanted criminal in country B - especially if those countries are rivals, and the "offence" was political.

As for your first point, there is a difference. A powerful country can say "So what? We don't care if you think she's a criminal." The Empire would have to consider the risk that any action taken against Charlotte and co. would lead to consequences. A weak city-state, like an "independent trade town," can't offer the same protection.

Quote:
though you have to ask yourself if they would get into politics given what we know about those 4. their 'happiness' was pretty much maid life with cecily and family. this is probably open ended interpretation but w/e
If you move up far enough, any career ultimately tends to involve politics - particularly in a town founded on trade.

And sure, they were pretty happy playing at being maids at Cecily's place, but as a lifetime occupation? I'd expect they'd be looking for something more fulfilling to do eventually.

Last edited by Guppy; 2009-11-28 at 05:58.
Old 2009-11-28, 06:31   Link #1090
coderlan
Student

I dropped this anime, the quality of the anime is dropping now, the script is becoming lame, Cecily is becoming a useless crap of a protagonist, in my opinion at least.
coderlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 11:45   Link #1091
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep9:
Eh? Me no understand. Maybe I'll understand better after I see the episode.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 12:24   Link #1092
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderlan View Post
I dropped this anime, the quality of the anime is dropping now, the script is becoming lame, Cecily is becoming a useless crap of a protagonist, in my opinion at least.
I finally quit watching. I only go in here to see if I missed anything. Doesn't look like it.
Old 2009-11-28, 12:45   Link #1093
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Eh? Me no understand. Maybe I'll understand better after I see the episode.
Lisa's looks and personality is that.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 14:45   Link #1094
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Lisa's looks and personality is that.
Ah. Okay. It would probably be easier for me to understand if I knew the reference you were alluding to.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 14:49   Link #1095
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I finally quit watching. I only go in here to see if I missed anything. Doesn't look like it.
If you aren't into moeblobs (like Railgun or Kannagi for example) then you can safely skip this series.

Quote:
Amazing what this could have done towards making what happens in the anime, actually believable.
--> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_disbelief

Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
- We'd be happy to take a piece.
Natsuru:
- Can you even digest it with your guts hanging out like that?

Last edited by Cyrus17; 2009-11-28 at 14:57. Reason: Suspension of disbelief
Cyrus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 16:41   Link #1096
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

so luke's whole motivation is that his child hood friend got killed by a cthulu while they were playing in some cave? considering monsters roam the country side in their world, should they even have been anywhere near some evil looking cave in the first place?? this series is one step away from getting dropped.
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 17:26   Link #1097
TiGR
Amateur translator

Something’s hapenning, at last.
Spoiler for Ep.9:

Robert Browning: Pippa Passes
TiGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 20:02   Link #1098
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGR View Post
Something’s hapenning, at last.
Spoiler for Ep.9:
l'm curious about this as well...did it explode out of rage?

btw, this seriously can't be only 12 episodes long.....can it?
Old 2009-11-28, 20:17   Link #1099
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Also dropped this series just lost interest. May check it our later... probably not.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 20:38   Link #1100
X10A_Freedom

I "dropped" this last week but a combination of stress, boredom, nothing interesting (for me) this season, and the lack of time (to marathon an older series) meant I watched this week's.

Definately a more interesting episode than last week but as Seravy mentioned, the backstory should have been much better than that. Kids are kids but it's supposed to be a show with some "epic" factor (in my opinion).
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen