AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-06-08, 16:15   Link #4761
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

oh look, more crap

http://theulstermanreport.com/2012/0...oesnt-go-down/
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 17:08   Link #4762
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I don't even want to know how you found that cesspool and the cavalcade of village idiots commenting on it :P

But it does illuminate just how pathetic many of our fellow citizens are I guess. Time for a shower o.O and I lament I even gave the site a page hit...
Old 2012-06-08, 21:30   Link #4763
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Florida bingo set will go for safest net-but whose?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...608?view=small
Quote:
''Rich seniors are better served by the GOP, while the policies of the Democrat party are slanted toward the middle class," said Mark Findlay, 67, a retired Pennsylvania businessman who spends winters at Limetree. "But ... Tea Party members don't seem to realize it.''
Bill Bontrager, who lives a few doors away on Golden Sand Avenue, sees it differently. A Tea Party sympathizer and Romney supporter, he wants fewer government regulations, lower taxes and spending cuts to fix the deficit.
Including cuts to Social Security and Medicare benefits? No, that's not what Bontrager, 68, has in mind. "It is very irritating when they say these are entitlements," he complained. "How can something be an entitlement when you've paid for it your whole life?"
Old 2012-06-09, 01:39   Link #4764
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I don't even want to know how you found that cesspool and the cavalcade of village idiots commenting on it :P

But it does illuminate just how pathetic many of our fellow citizens are I guess. Time for a shower o.O and I lament I even gave the site a page hit...
I talk politics a little bit on another forum and people who dig around, come across gems like that
Old 2012-06-09, 05:04   Link #4765
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I thought the joke was pretty funny, actually.
Old 2012-06-09, 19:35   Link #4766
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Republicans look south for help in tough North Carolina race
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...85803020120609

Democratic leader consoles Wisconsin party after recall
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8580BQ20120609
Old 2012-06-10, 01:25   Link #4767
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

He is the President of the United States, not the Pastor of the United States.

Old 2012-06-10, 01:37   Link #4768
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Hmm. Humanity regains some SAN points.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:20   Link #4769
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

only a few million more to gain
Old 2012-06-10, 03:04   Link #4770
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
He is the President of the United States, not the Pastor of the United States.
He is right, of course. But he also knows that many people in the room will never agree with him, because they WANT a Pastor of the United States.

The Vatican exists for a reason. Even after Italians rises up and overthrew the tyranny of the Papal states, they still couldn't bring themselves to deal the finish blow and destroy the Papacy. The Vatican was intentionally spared because they needed a Pope despite the pain and suffering that caused to them.

A Pastor deals with everything, he knows better. But worshippers? They rarely think very far about what they truly believe in.
Old 2012-06-11, 10:44   Link #4771
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Jeb Bush: No Place For Father, Reagan In Today's GOP
http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpoli...-today39#HTWF2
I wasn't expecting to read such thing comming from a Bush.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:55   Link #4772
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Jeb Bush: No Place For Father, Reagan In Today's GOP
http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpoli...-today39#HTWF2
I wasn't expecting to read such thing comming from a Bush.
You're seeing this over and over again from members of the "old guard" (pre-neocon/fascist). The "old guard" was typically blue blood but they seemed to have a much better grasp of world geopolitics, of the need for a middle class, and just how to *balance* things so that they got their wealthy cuts without utterly destroying the 99%.
Old 2012-06-11, 23:48   Link #4773
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

More Reasonable Republicans Are Starting to Realize Their Party’s Batshit Stance on Same-Sex Marriage Is a Political Liability
Old 2012-06-12, 00:00   Link #4774
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

The following is so infuriating that you might want to go outside and get some air or a beer

The following news are really nothing new, we all kinda knew it, but this is just clear confirmation that the GOP are tanking the economy on purpose. Enjoy...

On public sector jobs:

On the European economic crisis and its effects on the US:

Nice uh??? You might want to check your blood pressure.

It is truly disgusting how power hungry this people are, and what they are capable of in order to hold on to it.
Old 2012-06-12, 00:10   Link #4775
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
I'm confident he didn't say that line "naughtily" like the guy writing the blog says, and instead it is just how the GOPers heard it. You know how they view everything through their delusion goggles.

Sugetsu, I didn't watch the videos, but is it true that the GOP really is trying to tank the economy on purpose? If so, does it come down to them just trying to make Obama a one term president? I mean, how destructive will they be just to make that guy only be in office for 4 years instead of 8?
Old 2012-06-12, 00:29   Link #4776
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post

Sugetsu, I didn't watch the videos, but is it true that the GOP really is trying to tank the economy on purpose? If so, does it come down to them just trying to make Obama a one term president? I mean, how destructive will they be just to make that guy only be in office for 4 years instead of 8?
It is a two-step plan; The first part of the plan is short term: Making sure Obama loses the election. The long term part is making sure that the democratic party loses its power and influence in the country. This is being done by destroying Unions, which are the only organization capable of somewhat competing against corporate interests in terms of raising money, and making it harder to vote for immigrants, minorities, and poor people, who usually tend to vote democrat.

Will the strategy work? We shall see.

PS. If you do watch the videos make sure you don't suffer from any heart conditions.
Old 2012-06-12, 00:46   Link #4777
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
It is a two-step plan; The first part of the plan is short term: Making sure Obama loses the election. The long term part is making sure that the democratic party loses its power and influence in the country. This is being done by destroying Unions, which are the only organization capable of somewhat competing against corporate interests in terms of raising money, and making it harder to vote for immigrants, minorities, and poor people, who usually tend to vote democrat.

Will the strategy work? We shall see.

PS. If you do watch the videos make sure you don't suffer from any heart conditions.
I do believe in an afterlife, and I do believe in karma, so...I hope karma kicks the shit out of a lot of people in today's GOP!
Old 2012-06-12, 01:51   Link #4778
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
I do believe in an afterlife, and I do believe in karma, so...I hope karma kicks the shit out of a lot of people in today's GOP!
The parable of the pharisee and the tax collector.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 04:22   Link #4779
Xacual

Quote:
The Republican party, and to some extent the Democrats as well have basically become unwilling to compromise when they think the other party will get the credit or hell even some of the credit. Both parties have really become present and immediate future thinkers instead of long term future thinking. That really doesn't cut it for our nation and we're the ones suffering their squabbles. There has been so many times recently that they've done a short term deal that does nothing to address issues just to be forced to bring it back up once again half a year or year later and it's getting ridiculous at this point.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 07:30   Link #4780
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The Republican party, and to some extent the Democrats as well have basically become unwilling to compromise when they think the other party will get the credit or hell even some of the credit. Both parties have really become present and immediate future thinkers instead of long term future thinking. That really doesn't cut it for our nation and we're the ones suffering their squabbles. There has been so many times recently that they've done a short term deal that does nothing to address issues just to be forced to bring it back up once again half a year or year later and it's getting ridiculous at this point.
See, this wouldn't have worked if the voting population would get angry and punish politicians that do this.

But obviously it doesn't happen. It is easier to pretend that your are working than to actually work, if the voters couldn't tell the difference.

Tags
2012 elections, us elections