Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-09, 02:01   Link #941
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
I like Inaba as a fictional character, but no way would I want to know her in real life. She seems like a person who'd stab others in the back and whip her boyfriend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I agree. She strikes me as someone who'd be into S&M.
I think you might be being a little harsh on Inaban. I don't think she would betray her friends, but I agree with Triple R about her potential interest in BDSM. I'm wouldn't be keen on having a girl into hardcore BDSM as a girlfriend, but for lighter stuff, I might allow it if I really liked her and if I was allowed to be a little rough back.

But, as much as I like Inaban, if went to school with the cast of Kokoro Connect, I'd rather have Iori as a friend/ girlfriend than Inaba.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 02:15   Link #942
Sumeragi
Banned

Seems like quite a few people think being a sarcastic ice queen means being into BDSM. Unfortunately, Inaban is a pretty normal person, who would most likely give herself to her beloved then engage in some kinky stuff (unless the beloved was the one being kinky). At this point I'm not sure why BDSM is being thrown around like this; is it because of all the semi-SM stuff going around in anime these days?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 02:27   Link #943
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh I think it can surprise people how much any girls can change when they're in love as oppose to when they're just hanging out with friends...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 02:37   Link #944
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Inaba just gives me this kinky vibe. How many girls would reveal to a guy that she's not dating that she masturbates to him? Granted, he made much the same reveal first, but still...

Plus, the way she teasingly threatened Taichi for "taking her first kiss", complete with the evil laughter, was pretty suggestive, imo.

And the way she does these "the cat that ate the canary" full-toothed smiles (see Sumeragi's avatar)...

Just to be clear, I'm not saying I dislike this about Inaba. Actually, it's pretty... interesting, if you ask me, lol.
Old 2012-08-09, 02:45   Link #945
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Inaba just gives me this kinky vibe. How many girls would reveal to a guy that she's not dating that she masturbates to him? Granted, he made much the same reveal first, but still...
As much as I want to believe she actually did such acts, I'm inclined to say she's just fooling around

Quote:
Plus, the way she teasingly threatened Taichi for "taking her first kiss", complete with the evil laughter, was pretty suggestive, imo.
Well, considering that she's someone who probably puts a lot of weight upon the first kiss and such (ice queens tend to be one of the more romantic people around), it does put her off balance that Iori "took advantage" of her body and used it to kiss someone who she might have feelings for before she was mentally prepared. You have to understand the personality of the romantic sarcastic ice queens to get this.

Quote:
And the way she does these "the cat that ate the canary" full-toothed smiles (see Sumeragi's avatar)...
Oh, she's just a sly girl.....
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 03:00   Link #946
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

Well, considering that she's someone who probably puts a lot of weight upon the first kiss and such (ice queens tend to be one of the more romantic people around), it does put her off balance that Iori "took advantage" of her body and used it to kiss someone who she might have feelings for before she was mentally prepared. You have to understand the personality of the romantic sarcastic ice queens to get this.
Inaba probably be able to fight for Taichi without too much guilt at going up against one of her closest friends, considering how Iori stole her first kiss.

And, the times where the Ice Queen Persona gives way to the Cheshire Cat is among the most awesome moments in Kokoro Connect, IMO, and why Inaba is my favorite character in this series so far.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 04:27   Link #947
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
"And now for our next song, Inaba wa Okazu!"
"Domo, Houkago tea-time desu!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Seems like quite a few people think being a sarcastic ice queen means being into BDSM. Unfortunately, Inaban is a pretty normal person, who would most likely give herself to her beloved then engage in some kinky stuff (unless the beloved was the one being kinky). At this point I'm not sure why BDSM is being thrown around like this; is it because of all the semi-SM stuff going around in anime these days?
I don't get it as well. If anything I'm guessing she would be more than willing to let herself go for her lover. The harsher they are on the outside the more they want to reverse that in private and all that.
Old 2012-08-09, 04:44   Link #948
Blonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
But, as much as I like Inaban, if went to school with the cast of Kokoro Connect, I'd rather have Iori as a friend/ girlfriend than Inaba.
That was my point. Of course the fictional Inaba will be more sympathetic and dere dere, but in real life her controlling persona coupled with her trust issues would probably get tiring after a while. She's not necessarily a bad person because of it, just one that doesn't quite work with everyone.
I like all the characters, but I'm not crazy about any of them. I do find Inaba to be the most original character in the cast though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Oh I think it can surprise people how much any girls can change when they're in love as oppose to when they're just hanging out with friends...
Isn't that the same mentality girls have when they go after bad boys?
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 04:51   Link #949
Seiryuu

Question concerning the translations I've seen:
Did Heartseed really say everyone was boring? I thought "anmari omoshiro sugiru kara" meant "you're just too entertaining"...
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 05:00   Link #950
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
Isn't that the same mentality girls have when they go after bad boys?
It doesn't have to be that specific; we've all seen cold girls turn dere after falling in love, it's the same thing.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-09 at 05:35.
Old 2012-08-09, 05:23   Link #951
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Question concerning the translations I've seen:
Did Heartseed really say everyone was boring? I thought "anmari omoshiro sugiru kara" meant "you're just too entertaining"...
That's what I hear from the dialogue too, but I don't deny the possibility that he is being sarcastic. But the exact dialogue is certainly along the line of "You're just too much fun."
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 05:26   Link #952
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
But the exact dialogue is certainly along the line of "You're just too much fun."

*flashes back to the last Joker scene in The Dark Knight*
Old 2012-08-09, 05:34   Link #953
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I knew somebody is gonna say that
But hey, Heartseed certainly trolls like our favorite Joker, amirite?

That reminds me...

At the hospital: "I want to play a game."
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 05:36   Link #954
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Sorry, I couldn't resist
Old 2012-08-09, 05:50   Link #955
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Quote:
But hey, Heartseed certainly trolls like our favorite Joker, amirite?

That reminds me...

At the hospital: "I want to play a game."
Oh god... That puts the whole thing into perspective.

Arturia

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 08:14   Link #956
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

I see my last post (or more correctly Triple R's) caused a lot of discussion...

Quote:

Just to be clear, I'm not saying I dislike this about Inaba. Actually, it's pretty... interesting, if you ask me, lol.
Hey, I'm with you, kinkiness is always interesting!

Quote:
I think you might be being a little harsh on Inaban. I don't think she would betray her friends, but I agree with Triple R about her potential interest in BDSM. I'm wouldn't be keen on having a girl into hardcore BDSM as a girlfriend, but for lighter stuff, I might allow it if I really liked her and if I was allowed to be a little rough back.

And on that note, In fact, as long as I was allowed to play rough back, some intrest in that kind of stuff wouldn't be that bad in a girlfriend....

S&M discussion aside, Inaba might be difficult at times, but Yui would be the most difficult to deal with at least as a girlfriend, what with her androphobia.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 10:15   Link #957
maximilianjenus
[E]

if someone is into sm it is yui.

she knows how exciting it is to kick a man's CENSORED
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 10:51   Link #958
Blonto

Quote:
S&M discussion aside, Inaba might be difficult at times, but Yui would be the most difficult to deal with at least as a girlfriend, what with her androphobia.
A big difference is that with Yui, her problem is one that she doesn't want to have. If she were to get in a relationship, that would mean she'd be willing to overcome her androphobia as well. It would just require patience since she wouldn't be ok with going straight into sex and touching.
Inaba on the other hand has a very dominant personality and one that she doesn't want to change. You could get into fights merely over refusing to do what she tells you and her lack of trust would make her prone to jealousy and patronization.
This is only my personal opinion though based on my co-habitation with a similar person, but in the end it really depends on what kind of person you are.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 11:54   Link #959
novalysis

Well, Taichi seems easily dominated by Inaba, and it doesn't seem that he minds in particular.

Such shallow observations aside, I think when it comes to Iori X Taichi, it only goes one way, with Iori relying on Taichi.

On the other hand, an Inaba- Taichi relationship seems more of a two way street.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 14:00   Link #960
GalacticPulsar

ep 5 of kokoro connect was easily the best episode so far and will be the best of the whole series. The anime pretty much reached its apex and the rest of the show is likely to be mediocre like the first 4 episodes which was full of ridiculuous melodrama(ep 5 had as well, but at least it was decently executed)

now since the whole cast of kokoro connect are back to their usual selves, beware of the dullness that permeates this show's plot. The only thing this show has going for it at this point is the excellent transition into the ending theme.There's a show like this every season. 6/10 so far.Maybe a 7-8/10 if the show can churn out more ep 5s though I highly doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi
Are "ice queens" and "tsunderes" equivalent terms? If so, why not just say tsundere instead of "romantic sarcastic ice queens" ? It seems rather redundant when you have the term tsundere.

Last edited by GalacticPulsar; 2012-08-09 at 16:21.
GalacticPulsar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life