AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-19, 17:10   Link #201
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Call me ye of little faith, but I don't have much hope for this franchise. It makes me sad.

It's been two years since the movie came out in Japan, and there has not been any announcement for renewal. Just speculation. :\

Another interesting statistic is that I haven't posted on this forum in two years.
As they say: "Faith manages".
Old 2012-12-17, 14:38   Link #202
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
For the first time since December 18, 2006, the Haruhi website did not disappear. Earlier this year, it updated daily around midnight with each day's list of activities for the Endless Eight scheme and allowed people to enter wishes on Tanabata.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-12-17, 17:26   Link #203
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well the dissapearance has already happened. The question is..."Where did the cat go?"
Old 2012-12-20, 15:38   Link #204
Dormin

To be honest, they have the material and fanbase. I am really sad if the story of haruhi in the anime format is over. I'm throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening
Old 2013-01-05, 12:36   Link #205
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Lucky Star side OVA in 2013, last episode with a haruhi S3 trailer

BOOK IT!
Old 2013-01-05, 13:00   Link #206
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Making predictions so soon?

We aren't even sure the Lucky Star spin-off will be done by Kyoto Animation yet.
Old 2013-01-05, 13:22   Link #207
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Making predictions so soon?

We aren't even sure the Lucky Star spin-off will be done by Kyoto Animation yet.
why not?

That's true, but it's hard to imagine LS thats not KyoAni
Old 2013-01-05, 15:45   Link #208
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
why not?

That's true, but it's hard to imagine LS thats not KyoAni
Imagine it. The plaque had Yamakan's name on it. It is incredibly unlikely that Yamamoto will lead any production with KyoAni again. No reason for the studio to partner with him when other productions can be done with staff inside the studio as-is.

The LS spinoff being animated does not indicate any sign of a Haruhi anime nor does it rule it out. They're two separate franchises.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2013-01-05, 15:57   Link #209
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Tamako Market last episode with a haruhi S3 trailer

BOOK IT!

Old 2013-01-05, 17:06   Link #210
Lightning_Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Imagine it. The plaque had Yamakan's name on it. It is incredibly unlikely that Yamamoto will lead any production with KyoAni again. No reason for the studio to partner with him when other productions can be done with staff inside the studio as-is.

The LS spinoff being animated does not indicate any sign of a Haruhi anime nor does it rule it out. They're two separate franchises.
If KyoAni does the spin off, then it demonstrates their willingness to animate an older series, so it would raise the chance of a Haruhi anime. So in a way, they are connected franchises.
Old 2013-01-06, 14:59   Link #211
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

BOOK IT!

Nah. I know you're kidding, but I'll say it anyway: Tamako Market is not a Kadokawa show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning_Wing View Post
If KyoAni does the spin off, then it demonstrates their willingness to animate an older series, so it would raise the chance of a Haruhi anime.
But KyoAni are (in all likelihood) not doing the LS spinoff.
Old 2013-01-08, 08:10   Link #212
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

BOOK IT!

Amen brotha.
Old 2013-01-08, 08:13   Link #213
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Nah, my hopes are still neutral.
Old 2013-01-15, 03:07   Link #214
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Until Tanigawa starts publishing new novels again, I think it's unlikely that we'll be getting a S3. After all, it is important that there is a huge span of canon material first before they get the anime into works. But then again, "Rampage" to "Surprise" is already a lot of material.
Old 2013-01-15, 22:51   Link #215
ijuinkun

"Intrigues" and the material that precedes it (Love at First Sight, Snow Mountain Syndrome, Where Did the Cat Go, Melancholy of Mikuru, Wandering Shadow, Editor In Chief) would be enough for one 13-14 episode cour and Dissociation/Surprise would be enough for a second 13-14 episode cour by themselves, assuming pacing comparable to what we've already seen.
Old 2013-02-10, 13:54   Link #216
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

2013, Haruhi 10th anniversary

This summer...
Old 2013-02-10, 14:08   Link #217
Kirarakim

I think the question sadly comes down to whether Kyoani wants to work with Aya Hirano or if they would do Haruhi without her.

Now Aya Hirano does still get work in the anime industry. But lets face it she doesn't really get a lot of new starring work, especially not in shows for the late night audience.

I am not sure how Kyoani feels about the Aya Hirano scandal and I think it would be a shame if they stop making Haruhi because of it but I fear it is a possibility.

I mean in the end Haruhi was one of Kyoani's most successful franchises. It seems strange to me that they wouldn't want to continue it.
Old 2013-02-11, 09:44   Link #218
Yumeka
Anime fan/Pokemon trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I think the question sadly comes down to whether Kyoani wants to work with Aya Hirano or if they would do Haruhi without her.

Now Aya Hirano does still get work in the anime industry. But lets face it she doesn't really get a lot of new starring work, especially not in shows for the late night audience.

I am not sure how Kyoani feels about the Aya Hirano scandal and I think it would be a shame if they stop making Haruhi because of it but I fear it is a possibility.

I mean in the end Haruhi was one of Kyoani's most successful franchises. It seems strange to me that they wouldn't want to continue it.
Lucky Star is arguably just as popular as Haruhi and it also hasn't gotten any new anime adaptation for years. Sometimes I feel like KyoAni has lost interest in their old works and have shifted their focus to new works, like original series such as Tamako Market. But a part of me doesn't want to give up the hope that this is just their current trend and suddenly they'll surprise us with a revival of an old work, whether it's Haruhi or Lucky Star. I'm hoping the thing with Aya Hirano isn't a factor though.

~ Yumeka ~
Mainichi Anime Yume - my blog
Old 2013-02-12, 05:01   Link #219
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumeka View Post
Lucky Star is arguably just as popular as Haruhi and it also hasn't gotten any new anime adaptation for years. Sometimes I feel like KyoAni has lost interest in their old works and have shifted their focus to new works, like original series such as Tamako Market. But a part of me doesn't want to give up the hope that this is just their current trend and suddenly they'll surprise us with a revival of an old work, whether it's Haruhi or Lucky Star. I'm hoping the thing with Aya Hirano isn't a factor though.
Tamako Market is so bad.

Lucky Star doesn't get new adaptations because of the way the season finished.

People still care about Aya Hirano? Shit, it wasn't even as bad as the Kokoro Connect scandal. Was hoping people would forget about Aya's controversy.
Old 2013-02-12, 05:40   Link #220
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well curently Hirano Aya is having 2 role in ZKC Unlimited

Closed Thread