AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-30, 22:03   Link #61
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I read them... In Chinese.

And that's when I'm desperate >_< !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 22:32   Link #62
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Speaking of the OP.
I wonder will that blue hair little girl turn out to be the descendant of Nayuta?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 23:23   Link #63
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Speaking of the OP.
I wonder will that blue hair little girl turn out to be the descendant of Nayuta?

Um, despite having the "Trails" in its title, Nayuta isn't actually related to the Legend of Heroes series. It's more or less its own separate thing. This interview sheds a bit more light on the game's origins.

And speaking of Nayuta, I'm glad that Falcom hinted at future sequels in that interview. That was one of my favorite games of last year!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 23:44   Link #64
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Though, I actually end up thinking twice when a charater had the same last name as Nayuta.

I won't really mind if they tie things together in a round about way.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 14:41   Link #65
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

So would someone like to explain why the high school setting won't be a problem in this game?
I've heard a lot about how Sen will be hugely politically-oriented... how in the world could teenagers play a significant role in that without it being, uh, dumb?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 02:36   Link #66
marvelB

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/03...ew-of-the-rpg/

^The above link has a nice big gameplay video that shows off some of the intro, battles, and even social link events! Also, loving that cameo of Nayuta's Noi in that first screenshot!
Old 2013-09-06, 15:36   Link #67
marvelB

Though not entirely related, this most definitely warrants a bump:

PEOPLE. AN ENGLISH TRAILS SC IS FINALLY COMING.

Oh, God..... words just can't express my joy right now.....
Old 2013-09-07, 00:24   Link #68
rladls716

So when is the release date?
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 11:01   Link #69
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Second Chapter is being advertised for next summer for PC and PSP/Vita digital. In the meantime, the PC version of First Chapter should be on Steam this winter.

Now... am I going to double-dip and get myself a perfect FC clear game save on PC? Spoilers: Probably.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 07:08   Link #70
JohnNiles

Ungh... I forgot about the perfect file... don't remember what the benefits are for loading it, though.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 22:18   Link #71
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, got a question for people who already finished both sora no kiseki and zero-ao no kiseki. In scale of 1-10, what's your score for sora and zero-ao's main plot as a whole. I want to see whether it's worth it finishing zero-ao for the story before playing sen with my limited time and Japanese skill.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 03:47   Link #72
Yushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmm, got a question for people who already finished both sora no kiseki and zero-ao no kiseki. In scale of 1-10, what's your score for sora and zero-ao's main plot as a whole. I want to see whether it's worth it finishing zero-ao for the story before playing sen with my limited time and Japanese skill.
I finished the sora no kiseki trilogy and the zero-ao no kiseki.
Personally, I give sora no kiseki a 10/10. It is seriously my favorite rpg ever. I love the plot developments (particularly of the first two chapters), I love all the characters, and I love the village-like setting. I am also a big sucker for well-developed romances in games.

Zero-ao no kiseki, I give maybe 8.5/10. There's definitely been improvements in gameplay and all that, but it didn't appeal to me as much as sora no kiseki did. The characters felt a bit flat to me, so I didn't really get too attached to them. Some plot developments in ao no kiseki were really awesome though. I am not a fond of deductions/investigations, and there's a lot of that in the zero-ao no kiseki series (obviously, since they are police officers). Oh but seeing some characters from sora no kiseki back in this series was a big highlight for me!

On another note, I wonder if there's a chance that sen no kiseki will be ported to Chinese pc....? (I played everything other than Sora first chapter in Chinese PC). I want to see Olivier again!
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 06:54   Link #73
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Yes, I also loved Sora no Kiseki trilogy, but I haven't finished Zero-ao, that's why I asked for opinion if it's worth it finishing the two before playing Sen or I should just jump straight to Sen(because Sen is not direct continuation of Zero-ao)
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 15:40   Link #74
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Personally, I've enjoyed Zero and Ao no Kiseki with whatever little jp. knowledge I have. To be fair, I consulted a jp. summary and character bios for further understandings (which I could copy in my jp. word processing program). I only played the english version of Trails in the Sky (First Chapter) from the other titles. Anyway, it felt like Zero and Ao no Kiseki has an overall more, open, serious theme. For example, you had frequently the confirmation that the special police department of the main heroes and heroines is hardly taken for real and basically the whole city is a huge playground for all external factions - especially in Ao no Kiseki. But, similar to Trails, the true villain remains hidden until the last parts of the games

Character-wise: Lloyd was outside of his dokan and hidden "womanizer" talks quite a smart protagonist. Due to the bonding events by the end of the game, there's no set and developed romance in both games. If this is good or dismissable depends on personal preference. Personally, I liked the female cast and especially KeA grew to me.
Spoiler for Zero and Ao no Kiseki - late game:

In Ao no Kiseki: The battle track Unfathomed Force counts to my most favorite ones of the series .
Normally, I would suggest to watch, e.g., the first part on youtube, but of all the videos for Ao no Kiseki are quite many heavy spoiler videos mixed in.
Old 2013-09-23, 01:34   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

TGS playable demo

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 12:50   Link #76
Cyblaster
Lurker

I was randomly looking for some streams and I think I watched the ending. lol

Fortunately for me I don't mind spoilers too much but it seemed to be another cliffhanger like FC.
Cyblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 00:45   Link #77
Iron Maw
Banned

So... did anyone import this? Impressions?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 04:35   Link #78
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Really good game. I couldn't say much about the story because I'm only at chapter 3, but things are building up to be interesting. Then again, my knowledge of Japanese is...

Also I didn't expect the battle system to be great! I thought it was slow and boring when I saw the video gameplay, but it's actually pretty good in practice. I only played TiTS series so the gameplay was a huge improvement

..oh and is it just me, but are all the craft skills are broken?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 06:20   Link #79
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

There seem to be quite a few bugs in the game so that falcom will release a patch for it according to a german gaming site.

Other than that? The opening song sounds quite nice imho. And in my search of spoilers, I found that Sen no Kiseki has also kizuna/bonding events, but not clear if they are similar in its idea to Zero and Ao.

Quote:
Fortunately for me I don't mind spoilers too much but it seemed to be another cliffhanger like FC.
That sounds a bit meh, seeing that Zero's ending and transition to Ao felt a bit more complete/conclusive by itself. Well, not that I'd have the time nor urge to try it asap due to other incoming stuff to do.

What I'd like to read is impressions of the MC. From the different pre-release information it was mentioned that he has some inferiority issues, thus I hope(d) that this won't lead to him being mostly (too) gloomy/"whimsy" about it.
Old 2013-10-02, 16:48   Link #80
marvelB

Man, I wish I were playing it right now, but sadly I don't have the funds to import it at the moment (and probably won't be able to until around the holiday season ). But on the other hand, I DID find a rip of the soundtrack floating around to tide me over until the OST's release, for the time being!

Still, it's also rather sad to think that it probably won't be for at least a half-decade before we see this get localized (if that even happens at ALL)....

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria