AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-09-13, 08:05   Link #161
coroloro

Appreciation for GG - lightning fast fansubbers!

You know, I am not a fansubber myself, but I know groups so often get crud thrown at them for things- too slow, not enough, missing weeks, etc... I think it's important to express appreciation when deserved (in this case, more than deserved!). I don't fansub, as I said, but the work involved in putting one together seems monumental- obviously enough that even a prompt fansub group will give themselves a week to put them out. I've fallen for the series Macross Frontier (as many have), and I have found that GG has won my heart as well- every Saturday morning I wake up, eagerly go to the Animesuke site, and right there standing out by itself is the first fansub release... by none other than GG, every time now. I wanted to share in a public forum my personal delight- GG's fansubs are always pleasing to me, smoothly flowing, and just as professional looking as many groups that take a week or more to release. Since to my understanding the episode only came out a day or so ago- I can only imagine they've been working tirelessly straight through the day to pump that baby out.

Thanks GG - we really appreciate you!

-Pat
coroloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 02:49   Link #162
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Thank you to minhtam2448, wontaek, and ando for giving us something to follow in our day-to-day lives. I don't think I'd have nearly as much fun or been able to meet as many great people as I have without the moe contests threads on AnimeSuki. Some numerous other people deserve shout-outs as well, so I might as well...

qtipbrit92
z3phyr.mp3
KholdStare
Crisu
Teiran

And everyone else who I'm friends with, you know who you are.
Old 2008-11-03, 00:03   Link #163
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Thanks to Triad for the work done on Bokura Ga Ita. I just watched it and I must say it was excellent work!
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 15:39   Link #164
blinx01
DVD Subber

Would like to give thanks to the following groups;
gg - Great group. Fully softsubbed releases, quality work and thankfully stays away from all the flashly nonsense which I find degrades fansubs.
Shinsen - Seemed to have turned over a new leaf. Softsubbed, hq releases with professional translations. Keep up the good work.
a.f.k - Not sure if they are still alive but would just like to a huge thanks for the amazing job on SZS. A legendary task indeed with lots of attention to detail and a very professional translation.
Rumbel - Another decent group. Huge respect for keeping Gintama alive while other groups abandoned it.
Eclipse Quality group. Their work on Claymore was exceptional and their joint with SS for Shana was also another fine piece of work.
DB - Not the most liked group around but none the less, thanks and respect must go out to them for such speedy releases with Naruto and Bleach, especially when both are such long series and splattered with filler.
blinx01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 16:07   Link #165
Oxtail

Thanks to Live-eviL for their sub of Shion no Ou. I'm wondering if they actually already had someone on staff who had a detailed knowledge of shougi or if they had to find someone with shougi knowledge just for that show. To the untrained viewer, the translations of the shougi content looked very well done.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 01:15   Link #166
a745

Big thanks to Eclipse (Code Geass/R2), Static-Subs (with Eclipse, Clannad), and m.3.3.w (Special A, Hakushaku to Yousei). As well as Atelier-Thryst subs for Kuroshitsuji.
Old 2008-11-13, 09:49   Link #167
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtail View Post
Thanks to Live-eviL for their sub of Shion no Ou. I'm wondering if they actually already had someone on staff who had a detailed knowledge of shougi or if they had to find someone with shougi knowledge just for that show. To the untrained viewer, the translations of the shougi content looked very well done.
You're welcome. To answer your question - the translator, Beloculus, did a lot of research and picked up the game of shougi along the way. I had to help with some additional translation here and there on it, and translating all those terms is no easy feat, so you have her to thank ^^

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 10:23   Link #168
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I want to thank Crystalis Sub for their hard work at and releases for Saiunkoku Monogatari (2nd Series). Such a beautiful series thanks a lot guys.
Old 2008-11-14, 20:34   Link #169
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Massive mermaid thanks to m.3.3.w for releasing seto no hanayome lately, a project that was kinda only continued as a side project from a member of gg (thanks to them also for not shleving it away permantly).
5 months of no TS'er.
To be honest, whatever basic styles were used in the end didn't make much of a difference.
Translation and interpreatation where spot on, inner jokes and tl notes were apt (i lmao at the wiki link, but it fit with that space dude was saying) xD

I had an amazing 25mins of laughter, so many many thanks for not giving it up, it sort of serves as inspiration for myself

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 15:32   Link #170
windstar!~
C'est la vie...

Send a message via MSN to windstar!~
Thanks to Eclipse for Clannad Season One, awesome as usual.
windstar!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 04:34   Link #171
yukikeikun

Big thanks to Ayu for subbing Cyber Formula Double one and Zero! Hope they release their own version Saga and Sin soon!
yukikeikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 16:31   Link #172
martino
makes no files now

I'd like to thank Eclipse and co for doing White Album, one of the very few series that actually stand for something (to me) these days. *hugs*
Old 2009-03-19, 11:15   Link #173
christine_cute
A total anime freak^^

i would like to thank all the people who made all these groups because otherwise this animesuki forum would never have existed!

Great work people and keep it up
christine_cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 11:21   Link #174
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Thank you to Static-Subs and Eclipse for Clannad & Clannad ~After Story~. It's been a hell of a journey.

Also big thank you to Coalguys for Toradora!
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 15:18   Link #175
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
Live-Evil, thank you for Nijuu mensou
Triad, thank you for Kaiji
B2E, thank you for One outs
the reason for my gratitude is that these groups are the only ones that subbed the shows.
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 09:44   Link #176
sangofe

Thanks for various subs, AF-F. It's sad to see you guys go, you were one of few high quality groups left.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 22:21   Link #177
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Just for Clannad :

Here is a special THANK YOU to those people at SS & Eclipse as well as AQS-Sprocket-TWH for subbing such a fine 100/10 anime. And keep the widescreens coming, SS & Eclipse.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 08:49   Link #178
Access

Aoi-Anime for continuing Les Miserables Shoujo Cosette. Thanks for keeping it alive.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 10:17   Link #179
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
As no doubt many have done before me, I have come to express my thanks and appreciation to Static-Subs and Eclipse. Those teams have done a tremendous service for us all, offering one of the best fansubbing I've ever seen.

And of course, big thanks goes to a.f.k. as well. Dunno what I'd do without them, when it comes to some of my most favored shows. Too bad I haven't heard of them in quite some time. I'm a bit curious, considering their disappearance, if anyone knows anything about what happened to them, please, be so kind as to send a PM regarding this matter.
Old 2009-05-07, 12:58   Link #180
CodeGeass
Shichibukai

Thank You my Favorite Fansubs for Subbing my Favorite Animes

Following are:

Eclipse
Shinsen-Subs
Static Subs
Chihiro Subs
AQS-Sprocket-TWH (Clannad Project)
m.3.3.w
AonE